Book 2 – Page 106

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 106

Postby balder » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:39 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Angband » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Godspeed, King Slately... also, since Ace isn't in manacles, I guess he's croaked too.

Nice Breaking Bad reference BTW.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby coyotenose » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Few things so beautiful in Erf as the new Bogroll statue, even broken.
coyotenose

Postby El_Chupacabra » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:50 pm

So much for any parley scenarios.

And what is with the Twoll-type statue? Thought it was a ghost at one point.

Ace is face down, so Schrodinger's Cat rules apply for now. He's neither dead nor alive until someone flips him over.

Oh, and since "End of File" is an unlikely option, Parson's thinking of an Undo? Er, wait, maybe we're thinking Unix -- Suspend. Any way to end the turn so the fires technically "pause"?

Dammit, mind is racing. Seems a bit odd that Charlie would expect the city would burn -- Predictomancy?
Last edited by El_Chupacabra on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El_Chupacabra

Postby Xorbon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Control-Z. Undo? I wonder what he means by that.

Also, poor dwagon didn't get his meal. :( I'm guessing Parson will just assume the dwagon swallowed Slately.
Xorbon

Postby allaces14400 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Prediction: The "undo" refers to a reset of the Capital. If Stanley orders it, Gobwin Knob's capital can be shifted to Spacerock. Which returns the portal. Which either: A - allows Parson to escape, or B - allows Parson to call in Sizemore, who can deal with the Inferno.

Further Prediction: If B takes place, Gobwin Knob loses Sizemore.
You lucky Tool!
allaces14400
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby spriteless » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Parson, you are in position to order Stanley to change capital and send your casters over to at least decrypt a couple of casters, and jump back through the magic portal. Maybe even Sizemore could fix the city. People have been speculating this for pages. This isn't a bad thing. Any action is a good thing. If I see it coming it is well forshadowed, if I don't it is pleasantly surprising.

I want to know what decrypted casters can do, and so do you Parson. Doooo iiiiiit.

Also Sizemore has been forshadowed to be close to Master Class in one Klog years ago. This might push him over. Unless he croaks.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Postby Nimelennar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm

allaces14400 wrote:Prediction: The "undo" refers to a reset of the Capital. If Stanley orders it, Gobwin Knob's capital can be shifted to Spacerock. Which returns the portal. Which either: A - allows Parson to escape, or B - allows Parson to call in Sizemore, who can deal with the Inferno.

Further Prediction: If B takes place, Gobwin Knob loses Sizemore.

They can't just leave Spacerock undefended if it's their Capital. I think that if it's destroyed while it's their Capital, bad things happen. They would need to bring Sizemore through to extinguish the inferno and rebuild the city. I think you're right: Ctrl-Z means making Spacerock a Capital again, but I don't think retreat is an option at that point.
Nimelennar
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Pokota » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm

No. This is not going to work. I don't want this to work.
zyxophoj wrote:Also, it depends rather heavily on Wanda ... not being Wanda.
Pokota

Postby allaces14400 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:29 pm

So, switch it back once they're out. It's doable. Maggie could coordinate the timing, assuming Stanley plays along.
You lucky Tool!
allaces14400

Postby MonteCristo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:40 pm

allaces14400 wrote:So, switch it back once they're out. It's doable. Maggie could coordinate the timing, assuming Stanley plays along.

Not that simple. The ruler must be IN the capital in order to switch it; meaning that to switch back, Stanley would need to go to spacerock.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby erwaro » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that no casters will be involved in putting out the fire, actually. I've got an idea.

And I suspect that Parson does as well.

Ok, that second one is blindingly obvious. But I think the first one is reasonably clever. If nothing else, think of this: How likely is Parson to make a plan that relies on His Toolship doing what Parson wants? Especially since time is a factor. No, I think he's going to demonstrate why it is that "fight fire with fire" applies to, you know, fighting fires. Though he won't use fire, either.

I swear, if I end up being wrong, I'll stop being cryptic and tell you all what my wrongness was.
erwaro

Postby Slicer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm getting the impression that Parson plans on unhappening what just went on here, although how, I'm not sure.

Stanley's not going to move his capital. He just won't.

Again, it's back to "Parson needs to start his own side" or something out of left field.
Slicer

Postby bladestorm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 pm

erwaro wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and predict that no casters will be involved in putting out the fire, actually. I've got an idea.

And I suspect that Parson does as well.

Ok, that second one is blindingly obvious. But I think the first one is reasonably clever. If nothing else, think of this: How likely is Parson to make a plan that relies on His Toolship doing what Parson wants? Especially since time is a factor. No, I think he's going to demonstrate why it is that "fight fire with fire" applies to, you know, fighting fires. Though he won't use fire, either.

I swear, if I end up being wrong, I'll stop being cryptic and tell you all what my wrongness was.

Use the amateur predictamancer thread. At least make some quatloo off of your genius (or lose some due to your craziness).
bladestorm

Postby Zeku » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:06 pm

The simplest solution is to simply raze the city immediately. No fuel = no fire.

-----
http://www.erfworld.com/2013/01/book-2-klog-5/

Notice that this picture was retconjured on January 11, 2013? Anyone have the original so we can see what got edited? You know if he changed it, it's going to factor into the conclusion of this event.

I get the feeling that this moment is going to be the big reveal for book 2, like uncroaking the volcano. I just can't think of what it is.
Zeku

Postby erwaro » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Yeah, that's my prediction. I guess I didn't need to be so coy about it.

The only complication is whether there are any remaining enemy units in the city. And possibly if standing in the garrison while it's being razed is a bad idea.
erwaro

Postby s-dub » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

coyotenose wrote:Few things so beautiful in Erf as the new Bogroll statue, even broken.

I loved seeing that. It made my day.
s-dub

Postby memnarch » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Zeku wrote:The simplest solution is to simply raze the city immediately. No fuel = no fire.

-----
http://www.erfworld.com/2013/01/book-2-klog-5/

Notice that this picture was retconjured on January 11, 2013? Anyone have the original so we can see what got edited? You know if he changed it, it's going to factor into the conclusion of this event.

I get the feeling that this moment is going to be the big reveal for book 2, like uncroaking the volcano. I just can't think of what it is.

Erm... Don't you mean posted on January 11, 2013? I mean, unless changes were make to the pages following that one every 4-6 days, I don't think that's a retconjuration.
memnarch
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby arkerpay » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:21 pm

I can't believe Parson let the dwagon croak the King. He could have leveled!

I always appreciate a periodic table reference, but I don't really see the significance to the story...
arkerpay

Postby Free Radical » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Control-z as in "undo"? Can Parson simply undo the promotion of a unit to heavy? Now that they control the city they can switch zones within the city as much as they want, including to airspace, so if Parson can demote himself to non-heavy he can mount a dwagon and fly above the inferno.
Free Radical

Next

Return to Reactions