Book 2 – Page 107

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 107

Postby Beeskee » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 am

Stanley is a bit more snarky than I remember. I think Parson has been rubbing off on him. :D
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby badninja » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:58 am

As much as I love Charlie as a charter in this comic it seems a bad move to be taunting P{arson right now. The last time Parson was pushed into a corner he uncroaked a volcano. Parson is pissed at Charlie right now because now the less desirable options are now on the table and dieing is not on the menu. Parson is going to make a dangerous choice here and Charlie is not going to like it, but boy will the fans enjoy it. Parson is going to have some serious cred after this battle.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:06 am

Seems a bit odd to me that Charlie would make this personal. I mean, surely he realizes that Fate will keep Parson alive, barring a huge amount of Carnymancy. Surely he doesn't want to provoke Parson into going after him personally, and worse yet, risk any sentiments Parson would have against killing him?

So, if Parson does split off a new side, who do you think his Chief Warlord will be? Antium, Artemis?
ManaCaster

Postby Urf » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:08 am

Charlie admitted he sent the scroll. Unlikely Parson will use it now.

Not sure he'll make his own side. He'd have to eliminate the GK forces currently in the hex: the 3 Decrypted. He could convince them to go Barbarian, but they're Decrypted... Maybe he could order them to go Barbarian, and then ally with Gotti. But he still needs a purse, right? I really don't think making a new side is an option.

I'm thinking he gets his volcano team to force Isaac, Janis, Marie and Jojo to linkup and make a retconjuration.

As loathe as I am to suggest ANOTHER caster linkup as a solution, experimental Barbarian cooperation is the only thing an attuned Carnymancer Warlord wouldn't expect.

It's either that, or Jillian swoops down and saves him.
Last edited by Urf on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Urf

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 am

I wonder if a non-caster can use a scroll when linked with Charlie via the Arkendish.

I wonder if Charlie wants to maneuver Parson into bringing the Arkenshoes back from Stupidworld, or if Fate is using Charlie in that manner.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 am

Aquillion wrote:Now, the real question: Why did the call cut off? Was Stanley interrupted? Was Maggie interrupted? Did Charlie use a kill signal?

Juice shortage I'm thinking, she did say she was low before she entered the portal. Regardless, I'm sure that any chance of talking Stanley into it faded with the Thinkagram. He may not even have his Book with him for a start.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:15 am

Urf wrote:Charlie admitted he sent the scroll. Unlikely Parson will use it now.

Not sure he'll make his own side. He'd have to eliminate the GK forces currently in the hex: the 3 Decrypted. He could convince them to go Barbarian, but they're Decrypted... Maybe he could order them to go Barbarian, and then ally with Gotti. But he still needs a purse, right? I really don't think making a new side is an option.

Why would he need to eliminate current GK forces? Sides have split off before, there seem to be standard rules for it. I doubt Doothis was reliant on a purse if he had to cross an entire great sea, and it wouldn't take long enough to create a new side for Parson to require upkeep anyways. As long as Stanely doesn't shout orders against it, the GK forces won't be a problem.

Urf wrote:I'm thinking he gets his volcano team to force Isaac, Janis, Marie and Jojo to linkup and make a retconjuration.

Fixing everything through retconjuration would do more than just rewind everything. It would outright rewrite the story we've been reading. That sounds like a lot of work, so no, I'm pretty sure that's not what's going to happen.
ManaCaster

Postby multilis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 am

I guess that either Charlie cut off the thinkogram, or arranged another call to come in to Stanley to cut off the thinkogram.

The obvious other solution if Stanley won't change the capital is Parson to split off and start a new side... better than dying for Stanley as well.
multilis

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:33 am

Who else thinks that putting out an inferno will give Sizemore the last lesson he needs to reach master class?
ManaCaster

Postby the_tick_rules » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 am

Hey that's a good idea, I didn't think of that. I guess the only question there is how exactly does forming a new side work? Does Parson just declare himself an overlord and everyone who wants to join him pop hamster shirts?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby DarkMonkey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:38 am

Hm. It's easy to blame the Arkendish because Thinkamancy is involved, but let's not forget that Charlie is a Carnymancer as well. Disrupting the mechanics of another discipline fits that purview, and if Parson somehow survives having him be more paranoid about his primary means of communication would be a nice consolation prize.
DarkMonkey

Postby thegoofromspace » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:44 am

I'm not saying Parson will start a new side, claim Spacerock for it, and then flee to the Magic Kingdom...

But he should totally name the city Hamsterdam if he does.
thegoofromspace

Postby Ivan Tsarevitch » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 am

'The sight of Orwell on the floor, robes and belly sliced through, did bring to mind one critical tactical detail that Jillian had overlooked. “Claim him as a prisoner!” she shouted over her shoulder, giving it the verbal heft of an order. “C’mon Jack, let’s go!”

It was the first time she’d ever ordered her father to do anything, a rare Chief Warlord’s prerogative reserved for times when the stakes were at their highest. The King’s response seemed automatic, almost mindless. He touched Orwell’s shoulder, and steel manacles appeared on the fallen Lookamancer’s ankles and wrists.'
--Book 0, Page 64

A Chief Warlord can issue orders to the Overlord of the side if the stakes are high enough.

I don't know that Stanley can keep the Capital at Gobwin Knob.

The same arc of Book 0 established that a prior visitor from StupidWorld didn't come back here when she first used a magic go-home spell, so I agree with the poster above who said using JoJo's scroll will probably put Parson back at GK. He obviously doesn't *want* to go back to StupidWorld; he thinks of Erfworld as home, at least for now.

Given that Charlie is apparently an Erfworld resident (although he uses Stupidworld memes--like Google and Apple logos, and textspeak with Parson) he may not know exactly how magical interaction between Erfworld and StupidWorld works; for all that Charlie's not usually the type to make mistakes, I think it's entirely plausible that he doesn't know what, exactly, will happen if Parson uses that scroll. Which he presumably can, because he's a Hippymancer according to Janis.

So my guess is that Parson will take a desperate shot at the scroll, Wanda clinging tight, and end up back in GK with a very angry Tool to placate. But it's also possible that Stanley will change capitals because Parson told him to.

I don't think he can call for help--I agree with the above, looks like Charlie's jamming communication--and even if he could, a caster-link deus ex would be pretty anticlimactic at this point.
Ivan Tsarevitch

Postby ftl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:29 am

Ivan Tsarevitch wrote:A Chief Warlord can issue orders to the Overlord of the side if the stakes are high enough.

I think he can. I don't think the stakes are high enough for a chief warlord to order around an overlord in GK.

The situation isn't desperate for GK as a side. Not good, but not desperate either. Even if Parson and the army dies, they still are in a playable position: they've got a lot of cities to quickly pop a small/medium army, they're not poor, they have Wanda and the pliers AND the hammer with its dwagon taming and its fighting ability. Whereas with Jillian and FAQ, the situation, as far as Jillian saw it, either you win there or your entire side is destroyed that very turn.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:39 am

Ivan Tsarevitch wrote:The same arc of Book 0 established that a prior visitor from StupidWorld didn't come back here when she first used a magic go-home spell, so I agree with the poster above who said using JoJo's scroll will probably put Parson back at GK. He obviously doesn't *want* to go back to StupidWorld; he thinks of Erfworld as home, at least for now.

Carnymancy and the Arkenshoes are completely different sets of magic. There is no reason for them to play by the same rules. Why would it have to be confined to sending Parson to wherever it is he considers home? It probably just dispells the summoning spell.

Ivan Tsarevitch wrote:Which he presumably can, because he's a Hippymancer according to Janis.

Even if she was telling the truth, he doesn't actually know that he is. He would have casted something already.
ManaCaster

Postby allaces14400 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 am

Well, now. I got half of it, anyway. Well played, Rob.
You lucky Tool!
allaces14400
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:41 am

ftl wrote:
Ivan Tsarevitch wrote:A Chief Warlord can issue orders to the Overlord of the side if the stakes are high enough.

I think he can. I don't think the stakes are high enough for a chief warlord to order around an overlord in GK.

The situation isn't desperate for GK as a side. Not good, but not desperate either. Even if Parson and the army dies, they still are in a playable position: they've got a lot of cities to quickly pop a small/medium army, they're not poor, they have Wanda and the pliers AND the hammer with its dwagon taming and its fighting ability. Whereas with Jillian and FAQ, the situation, as far as Jillian saw it, either you win there or your entire side is destroyed that very turn.

Personally, I agree, the stakes really aren't high enough to warrant that. But who judges the stakes? If Parson sincerely believes that the stakes are that high, he might still be able to.
ManaCaster

Postby Zeku » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:00 am

What did he mean 'a good chunk of the treasury?'

I know the dragons got self-sacrificed, and a lot of troops burnt up, and Jack died.

What did they spend money on?
Zeku

Postby Sokrotes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:06 am

I haven't been in the forums in a while and honestly didn't do any research, perhaps this has already been discussed. :arrow: I was curious, can only the King/Overlord change capital sites? Or can a Chief Warlord also, or a heir designate perhaps? :?:
The Tool is very simple and straight forward, the way I see it the only real problem he has about switching sides is his fear that it won't switch back. I feel if Parson can convince Stanley that it'll switch right back as soon as the fire is out he'll be more willing too. Or perhaps Maggie will simply use more mind control, though I feel that is an unlikely option. I dunno if this idea has been mentioned somewhere already, but I seem to recall that somewhere in this burning city there lay a enchanted rug with the ability of flight, or some helpful thing placed at Ace Hardware. ;) It seems to me that Charlie believes he understands Stanley, and knew that the Tool wouldn't be willing to change capital sites. Luckily for Parson, the rubber-hammer wielding Napoleon is just the kind of Tool that would only do it to prove Charlie wrong, for selfish pride and not to save his chief warlord perhaps but still doing the right thing.
Spoiler: show
It does not matter in what manner or form Parson is delivered from his fiery doom, it is not his fate to croak in that way or in this battle. He will live to fight another day.
Sokrotes

Postby Whispri » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 am

All we know about transferring Capital Sites is that Slately needed to be sitting on his throne in order to do so. It may be a moot point even if Stanley was willing, if his throne equivalent is too far away from the portal chamber.

Zeku wrote:What did he mean 'a good chunk of the treasury?'

I know the dragons got self-sacrificed, and a lot of troops burnt up, and Jack died.

What did they spend money on?

Promoting Hobgobwins to heavies. I beleive Stanley thought something like 'eighteen grand' with regards to that in one of his updates.
Last edited by Whispri on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions