Book 2 – Page 111

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 111

Postby abb3w » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:15 am

Ashes to ashes,
Dust to dust;
Link the croakamancer and dirtamancer,
Jack's Resurrection is a must.
Last edited by abb3w on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
abb3w

Postby Tarvok » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:17 am

Putting Ace on Parson's side is all kinds of awesome. I just know Parson will put him to good use. Maybe an Ironman suit for Stanley, to help his ego.

Panel 7: Stanley's (and Parson's) capital city signamancy seems to have a thing for portraits of sacrificed casters.
Tarvok

Postby Urf » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:18 am

Can a Hippiemancer-Thinkamancer-Dirtamancer create a Sanctuary Zone, with a persistent Armistice buff?

Surprised Wanda didn't mention the Royal body in her assessment. What would a Decrypted Slately offer the team?
Last edited by Urf on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urf

Postby El_Chupacabra » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:21 am

... Hm... Since burial is a Stupidworld concept, I can't imagine it would have a rule here.

Although... wait. Since moving bodies keeps them from unpopping, could

Spoiler: show
Parson be setting a trap to bait Charlie?

Think about it; buried bodies would not show up when spies come to check how big Parson's force are at present. What's to stop Parson from setting up "graves" with ready-to-decrypt forces, to lure a relatively small contingent of Charlie's forces into attack -- and defeat in detail, thereby increasing his power with more decrypted Archons? Might be risky -- Charlie might assume Parson still has a trick left, and send a massive force any way to be certain.

I could think of other reasons to hide the force for future conflict; perhaps as propaganda against Charlie?

Although now that I think about it,

Spoiler: show
Can Parson find and resurrect the original King's body? Not that Wanda detected a Royal, but just maybe Parson wants just one decrypt first, that of the one person that can tell Stanley the truth about the battle at hand?

Or maybe he's gonna do something weirder, like decrypt the Castle. Or cast The Carnamancy scroll on it, I dunno.

Or, Sizemore will run out of Juice and whatever Parson is planning will be saved for a later gambit. Wouldn't be surprised considering all Sizemore has to work on.
Last edited by El_Chupacabra on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
El_Chupacabra

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 am

From the way his body is posed, it looks like Jojo was planning on going somewhere. I realize he can't actually fight right now, but I would think he would enjoy watching. I wonder what he is/was up to?
ManaCaster

Postby Zain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 am

Urf wrote:Can a Hippiemancer-Thinkamancer-Dirtamancer create a Sanctuary Zone, with a persistent Armistice buff?

Surprised Wanda didn't mention the Royal body in her assessment. What would a Decrypted Slately offer the team?

There is no Royal Body left to be Decrypted, I believe Ace recovered it and Tremmenis ordered it Burnt. Gonna dig up the page.

EDIT: And here we are.
Last edited by Zain on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zain

Postby gd1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 am

Parson seems to be affected by signamancy by the looks of his new facial appearance.
gd1

Postby Masennus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 am

I can't figure out what Sizemore's juice has to do with the corpses.

If I were Parson I'd be far more interested in linking myself up to observe the decryption from the inside. I'd run around linking up with everyone once time allowed, now that there's been a taste of casting, I'd be hell-bent on exploring it.

Maybe Sizemore upgrades the tower with all the juice he has left, so Wanda can use it to amplify her decryption for the casters. I don't know if decryption loses quality when done mass vs. single like regular uncroaking, but maybe Parson doesn't want to take any chances with casters. Still, doesn't exactly evoke 'genius.'
Masennus

Postby reteo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 am

Hmmm... what about this: Decrypted units that die become dust. Dirt. What if a link between Croakamancer and Dirtamancer would allow dusted units to be decrypted again?
reteo

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 am

Is it me or did Parson's bravery just altered his signamancy?
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby Atomic » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:50 am

I'd feel far, far more comfortable with these past few pages if we could see Ace's eyes.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 am

reteo wrote:Hmmm... what about this: Decrypted units that die become dust. Dirt. What if a link between Croakamancer and Dirtamancer would allow dusted units to be decrypted again?

What about a 3 way link up to create... (Wanda-Maggie-Sizemore one more time)

Death-Metal Golem! Forged from the dust of the decrypted! How bad-arse would that be?
Last edited by ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby ruleno2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:52 am

Hmmm... so, this one's a stretch but - you can't cross hex boundaries (and garrison boundaries?) off-turn, at least as a living unit. Could Parson be planning to move the bodies out of the city before decrypting them to try and take down Tramennis' fleeing forces? Makes sense Sizemore-wise if they could use his juice to move them en-masse somehow.
ruleno2

Postby Noigel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 am

Ossomer turned back... but was he still decrypted? We never really saw a body.
Noigel

Postby cheeseaholic » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 am

ruleno2 wrote:Hmmm... so, this one's a stretch but - you can't cross hex boundaries (and garrison boundaries?) off-turn, at least as a living unit. Could Parson be planning to move the bodies out of the city before decrypting them to try and take down Tramennis' fleeing forces? Makes sense Sizemore-wise if they could use his juice to move them en-masse somehow.

I suppose you could fire the corpses from a catapult as ranged weapons and try to decrypt them halfway through the hex wall. But I doubt that Trem is just one hex over.

I'm going to guess that Parson's gonna try to get some kind of city buff for units made in the city before the units are decrypted. Drystone was supposed to make the best infantry in Jetstone. So it's possible that there's city upgrades for units created within the city. So if you get a city pumped full of those (made by a dirtamancer for cheap) and make your decrypted there it could make for one hell of an army.
cheeseaholic

Postby Lipkin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:29 am

I don't know what Sizemore could do with things, but not decrypting yet makes sense if Parson wanted to spin off his own side. Maybe Sizemore can make a tunnel or dungeon zone, letting Antium and the other two leave the hex, so Parson can spin off. Taking the capitol makes strategic sense, since otherwise Stanley will have to make the trip out to the edge of GK territory, which leaves him exposed.

If they are all decrypted, there would be too many units to move.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 am

What a lucky Wanda!

Thought... could this be the point where they split off a new Side? It would solve a few problems with regards to moving the Overlord to the Capital and it would be a reason for Wanda to hold off on Decrypting (presuming sending his small group of soldiers up into the air would count as an empty City for Side splitting purposes). The Sizemore thing just being repairing the City. Or building a new one on the spot after razing this one.

Edit: Ninj'd I know, but I'd finished the post so...

Edit the second:

Lipkin wrote:I don't know what Sizemore could do with things, but not decrypting yet makes sense if Parson wanted to spin off his own side. Maybe Sizemore can make a tunnel or dungeon zone, letting Antium and the other two leave the hex, so Parson can spin off. Taking the capitol makes strategic sense, since otherwise Stanley will have to make the trip out to the edge of GK territory, which leaves him exposed.

If they are all decrypted, there would be too many units to move.

Yeah, that does make a fair amount of sense. It's the only reason for holding off that we've had any prior mention of, at least as far as I'm aware.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 am

Was anyone else's first thought that Parson would have Sizemore spend all his juice before killing and decrypting him too? (Yes, I know it makes negative sense, but that was in fact my first thought...)
WaterMonkey314

Postby reteo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 am

Noigel wrote:Ossomer turned back... but was he still decrypted? We never really saw a body.

No, but lots of dust in the last panel. http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -06-27.jpg
reteo

Postby Lipkin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 am

What is this new signamancy on Parson people are talking about? I don't notice anything.

Do we know what goes into making trophies? Dirtamancy? What would happen if all the croaked units were claimed as trophies? Would a Dollamancer be able to animate them? And once the people puppet was taken out of commission again, would Wanda be able to Decrypt it?

Or how about this? Parson orders Antium onto the back of the croaked yellow. Sizemore makes a big hand that raises the dwagon high off the ground. Sizemore vanishes the hand, and Wanda decrypts the swagon. The dwagon, now decrypted, is in the airspace, having crossed zones while croaked. Parson orders everyone back to the MK, and spins off.
Lipkin

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions