Book 2 – Page 111

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 111

Postby Urf » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:19 am

GK would have a hell of an army (until it had to pay upkeep)

Part of why Decryption is so awesome and world-changing is that decrypted units have no upkeep. Erfworld is a story about fate giving way to freedom.
Urf

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 am

Maybe Parson's big move has to do with the scroll somehow? Otherwise I'd like to see Sizemore/Maggie/Parson(signamancer) link up to build a badass new capital before the decryption and/or some political move. Signamancer/Dirtamancer combo city design, with Parson's mind on the job, seems amazing to me! I'd love to see that happen.
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby LordBiscuit » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am

Noigel wrote:(Thanks reteo for finding that page, now I realize Ossomer is very much gone.)

Does it scare anyone else how easily Sizemore stopped the inferno? He's definitely must be at the height of his class. Whatever Hamster does, I hope it favors the Tool and not Wanda. Stanley was monumental in changing over the portal. Saved all the bacon.

We know he must be pretty good, since he's a rock star in the magic kingdom.
I'm really baffled how he can be that good and do all the things he does (See: uncroaking a mountain) and still not be a master dirtamancer
LordBiscuit
Tool + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Denar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 am

Morni wrote:
Intocabille_CZ wrote:
Morni wrote:Have sizemore create a tunnel to bury the corpses, when Charlie Angel land.. Mass decrypt and suprise attack.

I thought that the corpses are treated as a resource with expiration date. Or was it just that you need to claim the corpse in some alloted time and then it decays slowly, uncroaked or not?

Corpse decays at the start of your turn. or depop if it was not move outside of the hex.

http://www.erfworld.com/2011/11/inner-p ... isode-006/
The body of the scout would have depopped at dawn, had they not moved it out of the hex where it was croaked. Claimed as a spoil for Goodminton, it would only decay a bit when they started their turn later in the morning. Wanda wanted to be with the body when that happened, so that she could study the process. Her life was full of firsts, but the firsts within her discipline were the ones that most held her interest.

Now city Hex.. city zone.. do they works the same way, i.e. if you move the corpse from the courtyard to the outer walls and vice versa

Actually, I think you just need to "claim" the body as a trophy (which moving the body between hexes counts as). http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F144.jpg

Dawn's already happened at this point, and GK's turn has started with it, but all the bodies of the croaked are still there for Wanda to begin decrypting. None of them had been moved, so presumably Wanda as a commander claimed all the bodies.
Denar

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:43 am

If I recall somewhere Sizemore mentions thinking he might reach master class for the first time in his life. Don't remember what page though. So Sizemore is good. Nearing the top but not their yet.
Mikalyaran

Postby Zippy the Squirrel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:57 am

mastigo wrote:Anybody else find it interesting that there's a scroll-picture of Jack on the wall? In every other instance I can think of, the art has been of the ruler

We'd previously seen Misty (the caster who didn't survive the link-up from Book 1) on a portrait in the newly captured city, so it's not that.

I think Parson's "genius" idea is to use Dirtomancy to somehow revive Jack, denying Wanda the satisfaction, but I guess tactically speaking, preparing a trap for an assumed incoming attack from Charlie makes more sense.
Zippy the Squirrel
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby technojunkie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:28 am

I wonder if Sizemore can reconstitute the ash from burned corpses back into bodies...

If so (and it's Parson's angle) we have a couple of benefits:
1.) New Slately corpse to uncroak
2.) Non-decrypted fallen to decrypt

If Parson re-engages Charlie in a chatbox smackdown, he can be honest about his situation while knowing full well that he can change the rules. I'm sure this has been speculated already, but I'm really becoming convinced that Parson is a caster - A Retconjurer.
technojunkie
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:45 am

Urf wrote:Spacerock has always had effigies honoring deceased casters and Royals. Now that it's turned to GK, we have tapestries honoring deceased casters(Maggie, Jack) and significant units(Bogroll).

Misty...

I sense a bunch of bets coming on concerning Parson's genius plan.
drachefly

Postby Zippy the Squirrel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:46 am

I notice Wanda didn't mention Dolls in the count. We know the 'pliers can decrypt units that couldn't be uncroaked, like siege, but I guess Dolls don't count? Because they're constructs, I suppose, as opposed to "born" units.
Zippy the Squirrel
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Zippy the Squirrel wrote:I notice Wanda didn't mention Dolls in the count. We know the 'pliers can decrypt units that couldn't be uncroaked, like siege, but I guess Dolls don't count? Because they're constructs, I suppose, as opposed to "born" units.

I wonder if creating a golem costs more than just a juice, like some schmuckers to pay for the cloth... then again I guess not, since then dirtamancy golems would be superior as they do not need such material but only "free" dirt. On other hand they could be weaker. Some cloth golems are rather large compared to rock golems we saw.

Concerning the topic of the genious plan... it should be involving Sizemore, or else Parson would not be asking about his juice. The inferno seems to be put out, so I do not think it would be the firewall as mentioned somewhere above.

So my guess it would either be the burried to-be-decrypted... or 'resurection'. I think it would be mass ress instead of just Jack ress, otherwise wanda could go decrypting others and not Jack.

I do not think Parson is going to spinn off a new side. It would require the dwagons, Antium and co. and Maggie, Wanda and Sizemore to leave the hex as they are still GK units, or all of them turn. Question is would Parson do it? The sumoning spell may be such that Parson is not capable of turning, similarly to him being forced to try out every option in BfGK.
Intocabille_CZ

Postby cloudbreaker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Woohoo, Bernie survived the inferno! He must be down to about one hit point or so. Somebody get him one of Pierce's old scrolls, stat!

So GK has two casters, five warlords, and a bunch of knights to decrypt in the city. There is also at least one yellow dwagon and a hobgobwin heavy that can be seen ready to decrypt. Other potentials include unipegataurs, orlies, cloth golems, a doll, and a doombat (if it didn't leave with Tramennis or get captured by being out of the garrison zone). Not to mention any items Jetstonians may have had to leave behind, such as spare wands of cure incapacitation for Pierce's martinis, more messaging hats, or maybe extra Dittomancy scrolls prepared in triplicate? Also, it isn't GK's turn, so they can't leave the city, but they can still move about it freely now. Nobody has to stay within the garrison.

Can't wait to see what happens! I have some ideas, but nothing I would bet on.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Beeskee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:14 pm

I see that Wanda is still bucking for the "Creepiest Person in Erfworld" award. :)

I'm still reading the comic, but let me guess how this one ends. Another cliffhanger that will leave us guessing for weeks?

Holy boop it's like xmas up in here. :D
Beeskee

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:19 pm

vintermann wrote:Conquering the magic kingdom is just the sort of over-the-top munchkin exploit that could win you a rigged game.
I'm hoping this doesn't happen. The magic kingdom at large appears to be composed of people who are just doing their best to peacefully live out their lives and have decided that neutrality is the best way to do so. Sure, they don't like it when a threat like Parson appears and say as much, but we didn't see anyone but the Carnymancers actually taking a go at him. During Parson's time in Spacerock, Wanda, Maggie, and Sizemore were left alone by everybody despite their connection with a controversial side.

I could make other arguments, but I'd rather briefly state my opinion and be done with the matter. I won't be able to respect Parson if he attacks the Magic Kingdom, no matter how whiny and blubbery he gets with his self-justification afterwards.

(Also, we were shown by Ossomer that Decrypted can turn. The magic kingdom has access to a variety of mind altering magics and peoples with How long will it be before a decrypted unit decides to shank Wanda immediately after being raised?)
Swodaems

Postby Silverhorn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm

reteo wrote:Hmmm... what about this: Decrypted units that die become dust. Dirt. What if a link between Croakamancer and Dirtamancer would allow dusted units to be decrypted again?

No, but this sounds like something a Dirtamancer and Signamancer link up could potentially do. If they can, then Gobwin Knob just became crazy powerful.
Silverhorn

Postby Nygma » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es
et in pulverem reverteris.

I'm with those believing Parson's planning to re-decrypt the fallen decrypted.

Pros:
    Only solution I can think of that would require Wanda to hold off on the mass decryption, require Sizemore's participation, and be considered a "genius" plan. By creating another linkup, Sizemore can gather the "dusted" and Wanda can bring them back.
    It would nicely bring Sizemore to master-class. We see earlier that he is at the cusp, but his land-as-body analogy isn't enough. But "new insight" can push him to the next level. Understanding the deeper connection between the living and the land just might do that and would be nicely poetic.
    Gobwin Knob's forces were decimated in this battle. This would bring them back to strength.

Cons:
    God Mode. Being able to keep bringing back decrypted over and over would be too much. However, in answer to this, it's too dangerous to do routinely. You need a volatile 3-way linkup which would require other thinkamancers to safely undo. Obviously not something you could do in the field, since you need access to the magic kingdom. As a one-time thing, when the reward outweighs the risks and they've got a portal right there, it wouldn't be too overpowered.

I really, really want to see to whom linked-up decrypted owe their allegiance. Wanda? All three casters? Gobwin Knob aka Stanley? Or... Parson, as the one ordering all three?
Nygma

Postby Berserkas » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Shoo. Go 'way, dwagon.

Best part of this page.
Berserkas

Postby ftl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Mikalyaran wrote:If I recall somewhere Sizemore mentions thinking he might reach master class for the first time in his life. Don't remember what page though. So Sizemore is good. Nearing the top but not their yet.

Also, the only other master-class casters we've seen are, well, freaking epic. Wanda is Master-class, and she's been around for forever, she was doing a *lot* of work for Haffaton for a long time, and then a long time in FAQ among a lot of othe casters. Jack is master-class, and he was basically FAQ's primary method of survival for a long time.

Sizemore was sort of left on the sidelines by Stanley - he just stayed home and made crap golems for most of his life. He didn't get in to doing really fancy things until Parson got here. He could have been a 'rock star' in the MK because he was a dirtamancer (he's said those are rare) and because honestly he's just a nice guy to work with so everyone likes him, not because he was necessarily at the peak of his discipline.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Morni » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 pm

ftl wrote:
Mikalyaran wrote:If I recall somewhere Sizemore mentions thinking he might reach master class for the first time in his life. Don't remember what page though. So Sizemore is good. Nearing the top but not their yet.

Also, the only other master-class casters we've seen are, well, freaking epic. Wanda is Master-class, and she's been around for forever, she was doing a *lot* of work for Haffaton for a long time, and then a long time in FAQ among a lot of othe casters. Jack is master-class, and he was basically FAQ's primary method of survival for a long time.

Sizemore was sort of left on the sidelines by Stanley - he just stayed home and made crap golems for most of his life. He didn't get in to doing really fancy things until Parson got here. He could have been a 'rock star' in the MK because he was a dirtamancer (he's said those are rare) and because honestly he's just a nice guy to work with so everyone likes him, not because he was necessarily at the peak of his discipline.

We don't know how/if King Saline IV used Sizemore a lot or not. Maybe he used to be the primary caster of the side until Wanda showed up.
Morni

Postby danhaas » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't think he will try to decrypt the dusted. The sanity of all GK casters would be in jeopardy, and for what? A few archons, dwagons and warlords? Slately hasn't much more info to contribute now.

Charlie knows Wanda is in the hex and he knows there are a bunch of corpses there. He doesn't need a calculation to estimate the defenses of Spacerock.

I also think that the attack on MK is too unethical, since Janis and Marie have just saved his ass. It probably won't work too. But he may put some guards at the other side of the portal to defend against the carnymancers.

The most probable strategy imo is this: he will ask Sizemore to patch up corpses, Frankenstein style, and then decrypt the monster. Isn't Wanda's signamancy hinting at Bride of Frankenstein?

Frankenjack? Ace with dwagon body? Unipegataur Artemis?
danhaas

Postby hehehe426 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:41 pm

I AM SO EXCITED
jack's getting decrypted! yay!
I had been worried he might have... y'know burned up in the inferno or something D:
hehehe426
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions