Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lipkin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 pm

I want Ace to make Parson a lightsaber. Just because.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Thecommander236 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm

First of all, called Parson just making a guard. Surprised by Artemis coming back. Jack has a secret. I wonder what that's about. Ace is still a badass. I can't wait to see the next entries. I'm also happy about the new story-telling style. Sometimes I just have to do work. I can't spend the time reading the text updates so it's really convenient to just listen to them. Thanks for that.
User avatar
Thecommander236
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lipkin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 pm

I just realized why Ace was so impressed by Parson's line about his personal guard. Remember Ace's attempt to sound intimidating? "The Doll's in your court?" Yeah, it's no wonder he likes Parson.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Trotsky » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Jabberwocky wrote:
the_tick_rules wrote:Hey that's right, Ace does make magical gear. He could buff Parson's gear couldn't he?


Parson's gear is the tip of the iceberg. I want to see what Parson has him build.

Tanks?
Clockwork soldiers armed with rifles?
Zeppelins?(everything is cooler with zeppelins)
Railroads? Possibly underground, using tunnels built by Sizemore
Predator-esque active camouflage?
Telegraph?
A tri mancer link with Sizemore to create the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man?!


the Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
DoctorJest wrote:"Wolves are like dogs, but dogs are like dogs, so therefore: kittens".


DoctorJest, if I weren't referentially married to my sig I'd use that instead.
User avatar
Trotsky
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:29 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lilwik » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:31 pm

BakaGrappler wrote:I know giving definition to a character's outline is very tempting, and I would be the last to say you shouldn't put a personal touch to the characters now that they are under your care, but suggestion lines inside the hair itself showing layers would be closer to the original art on Artemis' locks would be closer to the original than having parts upturn and having a full body definition like a perm.
Don't forget that this is the artist that took away Sizemore's pants.

Chevalier wrote:The spell chose Judy because of two key elements: she was extremely familiar with the Oz story (direct parallel to the local situation on Erf), and deeply wanted to leave her world and go to Oz, or a place like it.
That's a lot of guessing, but I agree that it seems plausible. I wish we knew more about her, but that seems unlikely to ever happen. Also, let's not forget that the place she is from might only be called "Kansas" without actually being Stupidworld Kansas. I just imagine Wanda touching Parson's mind as she cast the Summon Perfect Warlord spell, seeing the Wizard of Oz in his memory: girl magically transported from Kansas, kills witches of the East and West, and rashly concluding that Parson knew the whole history of el-Efbaum. In other words, the name "Kansas" might just be a coincidence like all the other coincidental names in Erfworld.
Lilwik
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby No one in particular » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Lilwik wrote:
Chevalier wrote:The spell chose Judy because of two key elements: she was extremely familiar with the Oz story (direct parallel to the local situation on Erf), and deeply wanted to leave her world and go to Oz, or a place like it.
That's a lot of guessing, but I agree that it seems plausible. I wish we knew more about her, but that seems unlikely to ever happen. Also, let's not forget that the place she is from might only be called "Kansas" without actually being Stupidworld Kansas. I just imagine Wanda touching Parson's mind as she cast the Summon Perfect Warlord spell, seeing the Wizard of Oz in his memory: girl magically transported from Kansas, kills witches of the East and West, and rashly concluding that Parson knew the whole history of el-Efbaum. In other words, the name "Kansas" might just be a coincidence like all the other coincidental names in Erfworld.

It's not that much guessing; as we saw when Parson was summoned, the spell can be tailored (reference).
Stanley, when asking for his perfect warlord, wrote:Get me somebody who actually wants to be summoned.
[..]
Everything should seem familiar and safe to him.

It's not too much of a stretch to think that those qualities could've been a part of the original spell; with an actual Findamancer casting it, they might even have been assumed in a less precise "we want the best warlord for the job".

Look on the bright side, though! Judy may be gone, but she wasn't the only one involved in the summoning. Charlie was there, and the original crafters of the spell: Maxwell & Maya Calendar from Haffaton, and el-Efbaum's Findamancer & Lookamancer. Okay, so Maxwell & Maya are dead, but we have no idea what happened to the Look- and Findamancer. They could still be floating around, maybe even in the MK.

... HA! It would be hilarious if the Wicked Witch hiding in the trees was the Lookamancer. The Wicked Witch had a crystal ball in the movie, didn't she?
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
User avatar
No one in particular
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Nowhere Atoll

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby BakaGrappler » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Lilwik wrote:
BakaGrappler wrote:I know giving definition to a character's outline is very tempting, and I would be the last to say you shouldn't put a personal touch to the characters now that they are under your care, but suggestion lines inside the hair itself showing layers would be closer to the original art on Artemis' locks would be closer to the original than having parts upturn and having a full body definition like a perm.
Don't forget that this is the artist that took away Sizemore's pants.


That's what Ret-conjuration is for! Just add pants in the next update!
An epic space opera where you fully customize your Captain's Background, Military Career, and Court Martial.
Will you prevent civilization from fracturing and win back your honor? Or betray the Empress' trust and plunder the galaxy?
Image
User avatar
BakaGrappler
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby wih » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm not so sure myself that we've seen the last of Maxwell. But that might be more of an epileptic twee.
wih
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Venthus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 pm

BakaGrappler wrote:That's what Ret-conjuration is for! Just add pants in the next update!


"Ace Hardware could fix that." (And slightly more seriously, what came to mind was something stillsuit-like. For the up-front cost per unit, reduces upkeep to 0!)
Venthus
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Slicer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 am

Nah, you guys aren't thinking big enough. Let's get even worse.

Ace borrows the hammer, Wanda has the pliers, Maggie creates a tri-mancer link.
Slicer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Tonot » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 am

Venthus wrote:what came to mind was something stillsuit-like.


Do you mean a kind of specialised stillsuit for Sizemore that deals with his "Raw materials" for his *ahem* personal golems?. That is a devious yet horrible thought. He could "cast" golems out of a hose by his hand or something. Yucky/lol

Venthus wrote:For the up-front cost per unit, reduces upkeep to 0!)

I don't understand game mechanics enough to make sense of what you mean there, once more with detail, for the dummies?.
Tonot
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Lipkin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:31 am

Tonot wrote:
Venthus wrote:For the up-front cost per unit, reduces upkeep to 0!)

I don't understand game mechanics enough to make sense of what you mean there, once more with detail, for the dummies?.

Think he means allowing rulers to pay a higher price at popping to allow them not to need upkeep costs on later turns. Basically, all expenses paid units.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Tonot » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 am

Lipkin wrote:
Tonot wrote:
Venthus wrote:For the up-front cost per unit, reduces upkeep to 0!)

I don't understand game mechanics enough to make sense of what you mean there, once more with detail, for the dummies?.

Think he means allowing rulers to pay a higher price at popping to allow them not to need upkeep costs on later turns. Basically, all expenses paid units.

Hmmm. Thank you, but still "no comprende". Focus closer on the term "Dummy" in my sentence, at least in my case. :lol:
Tonot
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 am

Lipkin wrote:Think he means allowing rulers to pay a higher price at popping to allow them not to need upkeep costs on later turns. Basically, all expenses paid units.


Which brings up a subject that I've been wondering about for some time: Cannibalism in Erfworld. Non speaking units can be harvested for supplies, dwagons love king sized meals, but what about croaked speaking units? They're (probably) made of meat too! Could you undercut the cost of a war by eating the enemy?
Jabberwocky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 am

Tonot wrote:still "no comprende". Focus closer on the term "Dummy" in my sentence, at least in my case. :lol:


A stilsuit is from Dune. Its a survival suit that essentially recycles human waste to provide water and, if you really want to go there, food. The idea would be to attach a high price up front to popping a unit in exchange for reduced upkeep.

So instead of POP, then 400 schmuckers every turn, it'd be, like, 20k schmuckers -POP- 0 schmuckers per turn.

Because the unit would be harvesting its own crap golems which incidentally attaches a hidden price if the side has a Dirtamancer.
Jabberwocky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Tonot » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:34 am

Jabberwocky wrote:Because the unit would be harvesting its own crap golems which incidentally attaches a hidden price if the side has a Dirtamancer.

And by harvest you mean, break fast, luncheon, dine. Oh dear. lol.

I thank thee for your help.
Tonot
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby drachefly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 am

Jabberwocky wrote:
Tonot wrote:still "no comprende". Focus closer on the term "Dummy" in my sentence, at least in my case. :lol:


A stilsuit is from Dune. Its a survival suit that essentially recycles human waste to provide water and, if you really want to go there, food.


Hrm. I don't remember them doing food, just water.
User avatar
drachefly
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Kreistor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 pm

I am so looking forward to what Ace will create with Parson's knowledge of "accessories" from Earthworld. Been looking forward to Ace decrypted ever since he was introduced and revealed to be dissatisfied with Jetstone's failure to recognize his capabilities.

And you know what? He has a Thinkamancer for a 2-person link now, which will amplify his accessories' strengths and abilities. We might see some GI Joe stuff, like vehicles. We've got jetpacks already without a link, so we're looking at bigger and more powerful. Or Nerf guns that really hurt. How about an army of plastic soldiers? Or the AI driven combatants of Small Soldiers? Can anyone think of a toy that could Dance-fight?

But I foresee a very powerful combo. Three-link with Sizemore added in. Two Stuffamancers. I could see Voltron. Or, even cooler Gundam suits. Anything in Anime opens up. Sizemore provides the advanced material, and Ace molds it into shape. Truly awesome weaponry. Or Transformers? Dang, all the Star Wars accessories! I almost forgot the most important line of toys ever made! AT-ATs! Landspeeders! R2D2?

A Dollamancer can't make something intelligent on its own, but is there a link combo that could? Thinkamancer seems the most likely, to me, if anyone can, but maybe some other discipline is more appropriate?
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
User avatar
Kreistor
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby youngstormlord » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Oh, I have a link combo for you. Ace - Maggie - Parson. Parson is a caster, remember? (probably Signamancer, like brother Labeler) I think that link up would be a weird feeling for Ace, like linking in a Thinkagram with Charlie. P. S. Did you notice that Jetstone didn't have a Thinkamancer? And neither did Banhammer's Faq... The only other side with Thinkamancer we know of were Haffaton and, currently, Transylvito. And Transylvito has only two casters, which is not enough for Tri-link.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)


My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:48 am

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 03 – Ace on the Move

Postby Mikalyaran » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Kreistor wrote:I am so looking forward to what Ace will create with Parson's knowledge of "accessories" from Earthworld. Been looking forward to Ace decrypted ever since he was introduced and revealed to be dissatisfied with Jetstone's failure to recognize his capabilities.

And you know what? He has a Thinkamancer for a 2-person link now, which will amplify his accessories' strengths and abilities. We might see some GI Joe stuff, like vehicles. We've got jetpacks already without a link, so we're looking at bigger and more powerful. Or Nerf guns that really hurt. How about an army of plastic soldiers? Or the AI driven combatants of Small Soldiers? Can anyone think of a toy that could Dance-fight?

But I foresee a very powerful combo. Three-link with Sizemore added in. Two Stuffamancers. I could see Voltron. Or, even cooler Gundam suits. Anything in Anime opens up. Sizemore provides the advanced material, and Ace molds it into shape. Truly awesome weaponry. Or Transformers? Dang, all the Star Wars accessories! I almost forgot the most important line of toys ever made! AT-ATs! Landspeeders! R2D2?

A Dollamancer can't make something intelligent on its own, but is there a link combo that could? Thinkamancer seems the most likely, to me, if anyone can, but maybe some other discipline is more appropriate?


That seems pretty much like what Maxwell accomplished in Haffaton with the Tinman and Scarecrow.
User avatar
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MonteCristo, Radagast and 10 guests