Book 2 – Epilogue 05 – At the Temple

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Epilogue 05 – At the Temple

Postby No one in particular » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:53 am

Xarx wrote:Hey, where are all the foolamancers? And lookamancers? There are 8 segments in the MK, presumably one for each class. Which means this must be the eyemancers' section, not just the thinkamancers'. Probably each discipline has its own special site within the segment, but you'd think we would have at least seen a few individuals on the way.

The mind boggles trying to imagine what the foolamancers' headquarters looks like.

Not necessarily. This is the hideout of "the Great Minds that Think Alike" so it really could just be the thinkamancers private clubhouse; furthermore, they got the heads up that Parson was going to be coming and they clearly wanted to talk to him alone, so could've cleared out the path through the Eyemancer chunk of the MK deliberately. No potshots, no spies, etc etc.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby multilis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:35 am

It is possible that a common threat (Charlie) created the Great Minds that Think Alike as we know them today.

They may have built the think-proof house to stop Charlie from spying on them.

Unclear what balance of casters is, possible that other groups just don't get together as much but could be just as numerous. We do know that dirtomancers are comparatively rare according to sizemore. But even that... could be just not as many dirtomancers making it to magic kingdom. Dirtomancer can crank out fighting units, create money (find gems), boost defensive strength of capital city, may be surprisingly useful in keeping a smaller kingdom alive and thus less flee to magic kingdom as barbarian and less are allowed to visit (too busy following orders of ruler).
multilis

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:47 am

Radagast wrote:There may be more thinkamancers (if there really *are* more of them than other disciplines) also because they likely rarely leave the Capital site, and thus are by far the most likely to survive in the event of the side falling.

I'm wondering if casters can pop 'in the wild' just like any other barbarian unit. And how they would get to the MK if they did. Maybe hire themselves out to a side in exchange for rights to their portal chamber.

And if they pop in the MK. I think it's pretty clear that no other unit type pops in the MK, so if casters can it'd be just them.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:54 pm

multilis wrote:It is possible that a common threat (Charlie) created the Great Minds that Think Alike as we know them today.

They may have built the think-proof house to stop Charlie from spying on them.

The Temple itself is said to be very old, but yes, it was modified recently in response to Charlie: http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_Text_40

Oberon wrote:And if they pop in the MK. I think it's pretty clear that no other unit type pops in the MK, so if casters can it'd be just them.

Probably not technically true. Observe the end of The Battle for Gobwin Knob, and you'll see a whole lot of snakes: http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_140

Makes me wonder if the portal disband rule only applies to talking units.
ManaCaster

Postby Oberon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Wild animals such as snakes and bats and rams and fish probably don't count as 'units'.
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby wih » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Speculation: Flora and fauna of the hex might be different to units. Some types of hexes might have more, or less, or different types of flora/fauna, to other hexes. Probably pop from the hex itself regardless of other things happening there.

Have anything been said on if you can exhaust/over-hunt a hex? That might give us some clues.
wih

Postby mortissimus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Oberon wrote:And if they pop in the MK. I think it's pretty clear that no other unit type pops in the MK, so if casters can it'd be just them.

One of the text updates about Janis and Marie contained a line about there being no shame in living in MK, unless you are a Predictomancer. I took that as meaning that all Predictomancers (and therefore in all probability all casters) comes to live in the MK only if their side falls, which is embarrasing for Predictomancers.
mortissimus

Postby seans23 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Oberon wrote:I'm wondering if casters can pop 'in the wild' just like any other barbarian unit. And how they would get to the MK if they did. Maybe hire themselves out to a side in exchange for rights to their portal chamber.

Lady Tisha Necrosis popped in the wild.
"A caster popping in the wild is a particularly rare occurrence. Tisha popped in a ruin at the top of a mountain, with rain and lightening pounding the crumbling towers and fallen stone arches all around her."
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6632
seans23
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Oberon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:41 am

Nice catch. And it even describes how this particular caster managed to get access to a portal room: By becoming the unit of a side.

EDIT: Ah, not a catch after all. Book content. I wondered why I didn't recognize those descriptions.
Oberon

Postby randomthought » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:43 am

Quick Question. Who is Marie? Parson mentions asking her about lodging.
randomthought

Postby Xarx » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Marie is a barbarian predictamancer, formerly of FAQ. She is one of the major players in the whole Parson conspiracy.
Xarx

Previous

Return to Reactions