Book 2 – Epilogues

Postby hajo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm

So far, we had epilogues for
1 - Arthemis
2 - Jack
3 - Ace
4+5 - Thinkamancers
5 - Maggie

How many do you think are we going to get ?

Some obvious candidates:
* Sizemore
* Wanda
* Antium / HeavyHobgoblin
* Captain Archer (maybe back in Spacerock)

Also:
* Stanley
* Jillian / Ansome / Vanna
* Tramennis & his casters
* Don / Bunny / Caesar
* Charlie / Jojo / captured Archon
Last edited by hajo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Re: Book 2 – Epilogues

Postby No one in particular » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm

I don't see there being any point in going back to Archer; I don't think he'll have any deep insights in the middle of the fight (via flashback), and since he was dusted under a giant rock after croaking Count Downer, I sincerely doubt he'll have insights into the current situations.

That being said, I wouldn't mind another peek into Janis' affairs. Maybe being shadowed by a certain green-skinned woman... :D
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby mmooneybsa » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Rob stated in the kickstarter that there will be 25 epilogue updates.

Edit (yay reference):
Well, in addition to the book, if this project is funded then David will also illustrate the epilogues to Erfworld Book 2 "Love is a Battlefield." Each of those pages will have 2 color panels and about 250 words of text. Those will update at least 4 times a week, starting at the end of Book 2, and will run for about 25 pages.

See also Erfworld News at the bottom of the main Erfworld page:
So...Finally! Here's the experiment I have been planning for a year. The Book 2 epilogues will consist of about 25 updates, each with a short page of text and two full-color illustrations by David Hahn. Accompanying each update is a video of 2-to-2 1/2 minutes in length, which we're calling an "illustrated audiobook," for want of a snappier term.

The videos will be read by the talented Arthur Chu, a longtime Erfworld fan and voice actor who won the part almost 2 years ago when we were auditioning narrators for Book 0. He will eventually be reading the Book 0 audiobook as well. He has a great acting range and a deep understanding of Erfworld's characters and story, and we're lucky to have him.

Your project can have him, too! He is for hire for all kinds of voice work, and can be contacted through his awesome website.

Anyway, please visit the Reactions threads in the Erfworld forums to let us know what you think of this format. I love it because we can accomplish about 1 1/2 comic pages' worth of story in a week, but only require the equivalent art of half a comic page. Brace yourself for 3-4 Erfworld updates a week, peoples! Keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times.
I don't talk on forums much, because I'll be a dick ;)
mmooneybsa
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby hajo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:09 am

mmooneybsa wrote:Rob stated in the kickstarter that there will be 25 epilogue updates.

Oh, good - that means even more scenes than I listed...

E.g. another talk with Parson and Ace (followed by some tinkering) would be nice 8-)
Or an introduction to yet another group of casters in the MK (e.g. we haven't seen Weirdomancers or Rhyme-o-mancers yet, and no Changemancers or Date-a-mancers doing magic).
Also, I'm curious what happened to Vinny :mrgreen:
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Return to Reactions