Epilogue18 - A Poem About a King

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Epilogue18 - A Poem About a King

Postby drachefly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:21 am

Althernai wrote:
drachefly wrote:So it's confirmed. Bunny really does love Caesar. So, Caesar's worries on that score were planted for... what? To foreshadow that he'll feel she's using him?
Caesar never had any worries on that score. He was worried that Don was trying to get rid of him, but he never doubted that Bunny loves him

I thought he was a little concerned that the voices in his head were just that. Was that just forum-goers, or was that in the text? Shoot. Time to go check.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

I think that was just me. I was so damn sure that the voices in his head were just voices in his head, not some magical lover. :(
Lamech

Postby twhitt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:37 am

I think that it was assumed that she defected for her love, Ansom.

Caesar and Vinnie both think Jillian loves Ansom (correctly), and probably don't know that she has complicated feelings for Wanda and Jack that may each look like love at some points. We know about the midair rendezvous with Wanda, but not many others would know what was discussed there. That Ansom was in the hex by the bridge would be pretty common knowledge in this alliance. The bat might have seen any number of things related to Jillian taking Ansom, or the thinkamancer might have been able to communicate with someone about it. I don't remember Jillian telling Don that she had him, but I may be forgetting something or it could have happened off panel.
twhitt

Postby Morni » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 am

twhitt wrote:I think that it was assumed that she defected for her love, Ansom.

Caesar and Vinnie both think Jillian loves Ansom (correctly), and probably don't know that she has complicated feelings for Wanda and Jack that may each look like love at some points. We know about the midair rendezvous with Wanda, but not many others would know what was discussed there. That Ansom was in the hex by the bridge would be pretty common knowledge in this alliance. The bat might have seen any number of things related to Jillian taking Ansom, or the thinkamancer might have been able to communicate with someone about it. I don't remember Jillian telling Don that she had him, but I may be forgetting something or it could have happened off panel.

The bat didn't little spacerock until the inferno happen.

Parson know that Jillian was taking his town when he was still in GK. The inferno happen after that.

aka Jillian was long gone before the bat left town
Morni

Postby twhitt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Morni wrote:
twhitt wrote:I think that it was assumed that she defected for her love, Ansom.

The bat didn't little spacerock until the inferno happen.

Parson know that Jillian was taking his town when he was still in GK. The inferno happen after that.

aka Jillian was long gone before the bat left town

Is this in response to anything that I said?
twhitt

Postby multilis » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:25 pm

This does not prove that Bunny was not a spy... only shows that if she was a spy she has now "gone native"... genuinely in love rather than just pretending.

Don's biggest problem is lack of success, that encourages others to look for change where more success. For both duty and selfish reasons most of TV don't want their side to be destroyed.

Don also has option to try and work closer with Charlie.
multilis

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:52 pm

ManaCaster wrote:
Lipkin wrote:Vinny is royal, though low ranking. That was pointed out by Jillian in book 1. I presume there are others.

No. Vinny is Noble, just like the other warlords of Transylvito.

You're right, my bad.
Lipkin

Postby the_tick_rules » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:35 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about Don's problems.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby NYbear » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm

cheeseaholic wrote:Jillian defected for love? How does she know this? It should have looked like she just left and let Jetstone finish the enemy off.

Because they know (most likely through the bat or other communications) that Jillian left the field with Ansom, her former lover, as a prisoner. It's not too hard to connect those dots and come to the conclusion that she "defected for love".
NYbear

Postby multilis » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:50 pm

NYbear wrote:
cheeseaholic wrote:Jillian defected for love? How does she know this? It should have looked like she just left and let Jetstone finish the enemy off.

Because they know (most likely through the bat or other communications) that Jillian left the field with Ansom, her former lover, as a prisoner. It's not too hard to connect those dots and come to the conclusion that she "defected for love".

So far chief warlord of TV has called Jillian "the wack from FAQ" and chief warlord of Jetstone impression was she was "wild card" and lucky he got ahead. So while they might think love, they probably more think "crazy/risky".
multilis

Postby Newt » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Hey everybody,

First post, and I'm going to use it with a tinfoil hat. :mrgreen:
Well, sorta. It adds up to me, and it does answer some questions, timing lines up etc. Here goes.

The man she loves is Charlie. Love is the loyalty which overcomes thinkamancy. She's the leak.
Newt

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I find Bunny's choice of capitalizing the N in igNobly pretty interesting. She definitely seems to have her own ideas about what constitutes a Noble action.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ftl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Newt wrote:Hey everybody,

First post, and I'm going to use it with a tinfoil hat. :mrgreen:
Well, sorta. It adds up to me, and it does answer some questions, timing lines up etc. Here goes.

The man she loves is Charlie. Love is the loyalty which overcomes thinkamancy. She's the leak.

Why would Don King be swearing at Charlie?
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Mad Raven » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Bunny's last name - Velveteen Rabbit reference?
Mad Raven

Postby lonetrey » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:59 pm

http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2010-06-16.jpg

In case people forgot when Don made the choice of going with Jillian's judgment.

I had to look it up too since it was so long ago.
lonetrey

Postby Althernai » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Mad Raven wrote:Bunny's last name - Velveteen Rabbit reference?

Nice catch. I knew the story, but I had forgotten what it was called. I'm not sure what significance the name can have though.
Althernai

Postby GrandReaper » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Holy crap, the Don has a nose. And a nice nose. Overall, the Don is really well done. But I do totally agree that Bunny has been Maggie-fied. You win some, you lose some.
GrandReaper

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 pm

...They've spent nights together. Don, like Stanley, knows where his units are at all times. How could he not know they are together?

Also yeah, didn't she look different in the calendar book? Or was that not her?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:...They've spent nights together. Don, like Stanley, knows where his units are at all times. How could he not know they are together?

Also yeah, didn't she look different in the calendar book? Or was that not her?

Has it ever been stated Rulers know where units are beyond what hex or zone they are inhabiting?
Lipkin

Postby Lor » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:33 pm

GrandReaper wrote:Holy crap, the Don has a nose. And a nice nose. Overall, the Don is really well done. But I do totally agree that Bunny has been Maggie-fied. You win some, you lose some.

Yeah, previous version had her looking younger, less self-assured, perhaps even afraid.
The current -- she looks more certain of things. Angular, and maybe even a bit of a schemer.

Unsure if this is just a difference in the artist, or a subtle bit of Signamancy.

Find out next episode, same Erf-time, same Erf-channel!
Sir Cedric: Delayed? How so?
Wamba: Well, when I heard Normans were approaching I ran to lock up my wife. But, she'd also heard they were approaching, and locked me up instead.
Lor
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions