Y'know i'm glad we finally get a pic of the new Faq capitol. I remember reading the description in the text, but had so much trouble picturing it in my head
ftl wrote:If I had to guess, Vinny's loyalty to Jillian is pretty low.
1) Even though he likes her, she's just barely above a spiffy hat.
2) When Jillian gives him a misleadingly brief response, he finds it "suspicious" - he doesn't trust her. And he doesn't ask *her* for clarification, he gets in touch with Bunny.
3) ...even if he had a bunch of loyalty before, she did just bring back her ex, to turn him. That would have shaken it.
1) again, its the opposite. That's not indication about how little he likes Jillian, but how much he likes his hat. Heck i think the line about the skanks might even be an indication of how bad he has it for Jillian; Seems odd he would shrug him off considering how he loved the attention of the archons. I think he's got it bad enough for Jillian, that the skanks are boring him; its also why he's seems dissapointed that Jillian is bringing her ex home.
2) Vinny would know by now that getting info from Jillian can be difficult(especially by hat); Thinkagram to Bunny is MUCH faster and reliable
3) Eh, maybe... Could certain be enough to make him want to go back to TV. However he'd have to be a complete jerk to sell her out to Ceasar just because she picked her old boyfriend who also happens to be one of Vinny's closest friends. "You broke up with me, so i stole your stuff, burned your house down, and left you homeless." Ya that's the worst way to handle a break up... and this isn't even counting that Ceasar would want Jillian Croaked, not just homeless.
When it comes do duty... Vinny will be crossed between Ceasar and Don. Don has been leading the side to ruin, but unlike Ceasar, Vinny has been away from the court from a long time, hasn't seen Don all that much, and we have never heard him speak ill of Don. Ceasar may not be making a play against Don just yet, but Faq's is Don's investment and Vinny's duty may see it as a betrayl to Don to take Faq without his permission. So Vinny may not follow Ceasar on this endeavor, as his loyalty may still be to Don first. Also if i recall, Love can really mess with loyalty. Not only could Vinny rationalize protecting Faq as defending Don's investment, he could do it out of lingering feelings to Jillian... Simply put, i really don't see Vinny betraying Jillian. This whole sitaution will mess him up something bad as his loyalties and loves clash, but ultimately think he'll defend Jillian rather than betray her. Love messing with the dice.
Also while I am expecting things to end badly for Don, i'm wouldn't say the same for Faq. Jillian and Wanda are bound by fate, which is to say Jillian has an important role to play in this story. And while she can stay in the story as a barbarian, it seems a bit backwards to go through all the effort to give Jillian back her side, only for it to all be taken away right afterward. There's been A LOT of build up for the new faq,and it seems odd that it would end up falling after only one major battle; if Faq were to fall again, i would think it would be after Jillian got a lot more use of it. I mean if they were gonna take Faq away so quickly, why bother letting her rebuild it and turn her back into a barbarian; Jillian is back where she started; one step forward, one step back.