TheChaplin wrote:Actually, re-reading it, only one of Tramennis's accusations is even true, the manipulation of Haggar. But truth is not even the point in diplomacy, it's about getting what you want from another side. Hmm, if this works and Charlie acquiesces, I suppose that would be concrete proof of Tram's diplomatic skill.
I disagree. I believe Tramennis is accusing in good faith. Faq:
Tramennis had a lengthy discussion with the Queen Jillian. She stated she didn't trust Charlie, but was able to admit to being "backed" by him, even though she was under contract not to disclose the fact. She was also able to disclose that Charlie's main focus is to "take down" GK, not help Jetstone. Jetstone:
Charlie obviously knew what forces GK was bringing to battle, but didn't let Jetstone know. I say obviously because Charlie has shown Haggar just how good his intel is and I defy you to show a competent Charlie would lack the same intel on the GK forces. Charlie was happy to let the Jetstone forces leave their capital to bottleneck the GK seige. This lured GK to divide their army and commit their flying forces, including the archons and Wanda, to the capital where, unbeknownst, his own flying counter awaited. How could Charlie guess that Parson would get paranoid and advise that Wanda scout first. I think the Kingworld spell is further proof of this plan of Charlie's, as it had to be prepared in advance. Charlie knew that losing Wanda would be a major blow for GK.
Further evidence that I believe show Charlie's direct interest and manipulation:
1) Charlie knows Parson has been promoted to Warlord before Parson arrives on the scene. And shares it with Tramennis. So he has some form of eyes on the GK capital.
2) Charlie is compromising Maggie's thinkamancy communications, so he is able to better adapt his plans on the fly to bring down GK.
3) Charlie puts both Tramennis and Jillian on hold while he is listening to Parson relate his solution to save the GK flying forces, and then informs Jillian that Jetstone is in trouble if she doesn't go back.
4) Charlie has Jojo waiting for Parson in the MK with the scroll. Charlie was all over Maggie's G-string
and the encryption wasn't good enough. Plan within a plan.
5) When things are about to get ugly in the MK, Charlie convinces Jojo to assist Parson in getting to Jetstone (direct evidence Charlie is getting real time intel).
6) Charlie specifically prepares the Slately clone for Parson's arrival and primes his trap.
7) Once Parson is cut off from the MK, Charlie knows when Parson is asking for help out of the fryer and cuts GK communication off completely.
I could go on and on.
Funny thing is that all this is causing Charlie to make some fundamental errors. The most prominent is not understanding Jillian's true motivations until far to late and underestimating Tramennis by not guarding his wording in his thinkspace calls more closely. Charlie seems to have a weakness in handling non-standard royals!