Lord Crush – Part 3

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Barbarians going first Re: Lord Crush – Part 3

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Free Radical wrote:I admit that's all much, much less likely if barbarians being first in turn order has no actual support though, and I can't seem to find anything that does support it other than the uncited wiki entry.

I found some evidence that all barbarians move before Gobwin Knob: "Turn at dawn means...Neither Charlescomm nor Transylvito are in the battlespace....Nor Barbarians."
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Barbarians going first Re: Lord Crush – Part 3

Postby Free Radical » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:51 am

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
Free Radical wrote:I admit that's all much, much less likely if barbarians being first in turn order has no actual support though, and I can't seem to find anything that does support it other than the uncited wiki entry.

I found some evidence that all barbarians move before Gobwin Knob: "Turn at dawn means...Neither Charlescomm nor Transylvito are in the battlespace....Nor Barbarians."

Thanks, I had a feeling there was something like that said.

In context though, Wanda knew plenty about Jillian and has her on her mind enough that if there are barbarian non-capital "sides", she could easily have meant "Jillian's turn is before ours, so she isn't in the battlespace", so I guess Faq likely were barbarian when they approached Haffaton.
Free Radical

Re: Barbarians going first Re: Lord Crush – Part 3

Postby Lilwik » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Free Radical wrote:In context though, Wanda knew plenty about Jillian and has her on her mind enough that if there are barbarian non-capital "sides", she could easily have meant "Jillian's turn is before ours, so she isn't in the battlespace", so I guess Faq likely were barbarian when they approached Haffaton.
That's clever! I was really struggling with how to fit Wanda's words with the events of Book 0, but now that you explain it the answer seems obvious. Wanda wasn't talking about all Barbarians everywhere; all she was saying was that the Barbarians that they had been fighting would have had their turn before Gobwin Knob so they must have left the battlespace. That seems like an excellent solution to the apparent conflict, far simpler than imagining some anti-barbarism magic that no one in the story has ever mentioned.
Lilwik

Re: Lord Crush – Part 3

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:26 am

That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

Wanda may have anticipated that Jillian might have left or been laid off from the RCC, given their defeat and the death of Ansom.
Chit Rule Railroad

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:49 am

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
Sir Shadow wrote:That wouldn't work because Barbarians go on the same Turn as their allies, so Jillian would have never gone first at any point during the war.

Wanda may have anticipated that Jillian might have left or been laid off from the RCC, given their defeat and the death of Ansom.

It'd be too dangerous for Jillian to be there as a barbarian without being allied to a Side.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Previous

Return to Reactions