Digdoug - Episode 1

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Digdoug - Episode 1

Postby 0beron » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 pm

YRM_DM wrote:I apologize if this has been answered but, is the idea of these stories to give us snips of books that Parson is reading while trying to prep for his fight with Charlie?
What (if any) connection these stories have to the main plot has not been stated by Rob. The only publicly revealed purpose is to fulfill the high level Kickstarter Donor Rewards, for folks who donated a high pledge level in order to get a story of "themselves" as an Erfworld Character (so Crush, and Digdoug are both inspiried by real fans). They may eventually tie in to the main story, but presently we are not aware that Parson has any knowledge of these events, or when precisely they even occur.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Well, we've got a clue that Crush took place before TBfGK, since Jillian shows up in pt5. She's not gunning for Stanley, she's not a Queen... whether it's before or after the fall of Faq is still impossible to call, though.

It calls her a Barbarian Mercenary, but she could be lying. According to IPtSF 28, the only tip-off that she wasn't a Barbarian at the time was the size of the force flying with her.

Either way, it's a while before the current stories.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby 0beron » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:39 pm

That's why I said "when precisely they ocurr" is unknown....there is a looooot of wiggle room, and we have no idea how long passes between the various events of the main plot. Jack/Jill/Wanda/Marie may be hundreds of thousands of turns old, since we're given no context for their lifespans.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:14 pm

We've got a little context for a few folks (check it out, yo: wiki page, even!) but yeah, I was just trying to lay out the facts that we had. I wasn't arguing with you or anything.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby 0beron » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Yeah the big problem is the gaping holes in the Book-0-era. We don't know how long passes between parts, and how long passes between it and Book 1. So we have a sadly gaping hole in the middle that I hope gets filled someday, at least with a number. Nice age compilation though with what little is known, thanks!
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby lonetrey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 pm

BRAVO. Seriously, "castle storms you" was quite the good ending line!
lonetrey

Postby Tonot » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:03 am

Reservoir traps suggest themselves. Buildings or segments of the grounds that you can flood with sluice-gates. Constricted ramps leading up to the castle that you can divert significant water flow into AFTER the enemy siege commits itself to an attack there.
Tonot

Postby Requia » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:49 am

Make it possible to flood the city. Then abandon the city and counter attack after they take it, forcing them to move all their heavy units and seige into the city and trigger the trap

Since this was a full scale invasion force (the city is valubel only because it's in the way after all) and you just took it out without sufferng attrition, leave is razed and head on through to Numloch...
Requia

Previous

Return to Reactions