Digdoug - Episode 4

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Digdoug - Episode 4

Postby 0beron » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Lipkin wrote:Ace was not spending juice, but he was using magic. He was using items he created, so he was in his element.
Srry, that's what I meant but I worded it poorly. Like my other examples, he was engaging in combat to devastating effect using the fact that he was prepared for the combat to occur.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:10 am

Given how the Archons whip those dwagons and Jetstone troops, Dollamancers should fight like this.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:06 am

To note, those were dwagons with very low hits and I believe those Archons were a rather high level on top of it.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby drachefly » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:26 am

Yes, and so were the casters we've seen fighting. Clay would not have been as big a threat, I think.

My point was that casters with leadership bonuses would be more exposed to front-line combat. In particular since they could do that even after exhausting their juice.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Not Me » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:08 am

0beron wrote:
Omnimancer wrote:Are there any casters that can't hold their own in a fight? They might all have some nasty tricks they can pull in battle.
Most of the time we have seen a caster in direct combat, they have actually kicked serious butt, though one should note they've always had prep time so far as I can recall. A few that come to mind:
  • Sizemore would have been a prime target during tBfGK but he didn't even take a single hit thanks to tunneling and the protection of his golems
  • Same goes for Wanda, she only ran into trouble during that battle when she took to the air with less support, and was attacked by (basically) another caster
  • Delphi shot down all those fliers over Goodminton
  • Every time Olive gets into combat like ever
  • Ace fights pretty darn well even without using magic
So if a caster anticipates that they will have to defend their city, then I expect many disciplines should be able to hold their own.

Let's not forget Jack with Stanley fighting Jillian and Transylvito troops (even in a crippled state he was awesome there) and also trying to use a Purple Dwagon at Spacerock (not so awesome in this one).
As mentioned, when a Caster has juice and is on his element can be pretty powerful. But let's not forget that they can also make silly mistakes when trying to do things in battle outside of their comfort zone. Even Wanda with all her battle experience made her share of mistakes when trying to lead the battle for Spacerock without a Warlord's advice (be it Parson or Ansom).
Not Me

Previous

Return to Reactions