Summer Updates - 049

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 049

Postby DevilDan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Infidel wrote:Why would you assume a mind-link was possible with a mindless item? How can you quantify mindless as .5 of a mind? I can understand speculating that a mind link was possible with a sentient tool, but as far, there has been no verification that any of the tools are sentient.

I've half a mind to chastise you over that tautology.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Infidel » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:14 pm

DevilDan wrote:
Infidel wrote:Why would you assume a mind-link was possible with a mindless item? How can you quantify mindless as .5 of a mind? I can understand speculating that a mind link was possible with a sentient tool, but as far, there has been no verification that any of the tools are sentient.

I've half a mind to chastise you over that tautology.

You would chastise me over tautology?

Tautology (logic), a technical notion in formal logic, universal unconditioned truth, always valid

Chastise me for being right all you wish. Besides, "half a mind" is just trite phrase. No one has half a mind, unless there was some serious surgery involved.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby suryasm » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Where is the debate on "What happened to the Gobwins at Gobwin Knob?" currently standing? Sorry, but I'm new to the forums.

Anyway, I'm bringing it up because my theory is that Charlie funneled shmuckers to wild marbits (if that is possible) to move in and displace the native goblins. This is so the marbits can act as a natural-ally ground component to Jillian's air assault (who else is she gonna assault with that huge air force?).

Classic really. Air assault using Jillian and an underground insurrection using Marbits. Both arms of the attack neatly bypassing GK's formidable ground-based defenses.

Of course, even then its going to be hugely difficult, with Stanley's dwagons and Sizemore's golems. Unless there's a third component to this plan, as yet unseen.
suryasm

Postby DevilDan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Infidel, firstly I was mostly making a joke about "half a mind" and "0.5 of a mind."

Secondly, given the vagaries of "alignment" and the throwaway gag about the hammer itself in the original cast list, it's not completely (just mostly) unjustified to speculate that arkentools have something akin to a mind or will. (I forget, did we determine that the arkenpliers "fought" Ansom when Wanda attacked him with her uncroaked air force in TBfGK?)
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Reactions