Book 2 - Page 3

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 - Page 3

Postby AstralFire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 pm

...Why are Ansom's brothers so much more AWESOME than he is? Wow. I love 'em. (The 'double the dog bowels' and the 'sirrah!' - I was a huge fan of the hares in Redwall - are the cinchers.) Flower on the skull for Ansom's new armor (much neater looking than his Evel Knievel outfit, by the way) is cute.

I kinda feel bad for Ansom. Forced to fight against his brothers because he's now Wanda's puppet and he's just so excited about serving her.

But I am what I am. And so here I stand. I will make you and the Titans prove your claim.
is a great line. Reminds me of Clark Kent. I think that's intentional with his build, face, and cape?
Last edited by AstralFire on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Ante.

A webcomic by AstralFire and Domochevsky.
AstralFire

Re: Book 2 - Page 3

Postby Vorteks » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:23 pm

The artwork on this page is astounding. I especially love all the thought and effort put into the 3 prince's different costumes, and the personality that shines through in their faces and expressions.
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Silophant » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Oh. That's why the younger of the two remaining princes was made the new chief warlord.
Silophant

Postby AstralFire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Silophant wrote:Oh. That's why the younger of the two remaining princes was made the new chief warlord.

Well, I know I'd make Superman my chief warlord.
Up the Ante.

AstralFire

Postby Moralmancer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Here I stand, especially with the religious stuff, makes me think more of Martin Luther... Hmm....

Ho hum. :) I'm curious as to what exactly is going to happen here, let alone the fate of Ansom's brothers.... So many things are possible....
Moralmancer

Postby AstralFire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Moralmancer wrote:Here I stand, especially with the religious stuff, makes me think more of Martin Luther... Hmm....

Ho hum. :) I'm curious as to what exactly is going to happen here, let alone the fate of Ansom's brothers.... So many things are possible....

Good point with Luther. Still, though, look at the speedo armor. Look at the way the Jetstone logo on Ossomer's chest is boxed in something similar to the S Shield. Look at the hair curl. Look at the cleft chin, the pose, the cape. Even the way he -scowls- in Panel 6. (The level of detail in the art is amazing, by the way!) Definitely, definitely movie Superman. Not sure what Tremennis is echoing just yet, but I've got this niggling feeling like I've seen him before.
Last edited by AstralFire on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Ante.

AstralFire

Postby gameboy1234 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Jamie's a tough act to follow, and so far I do prefer his artwork. However, I really like the re-imagined armor that Ansom, Ossomer, and Tramennis are wearing. It's got a very Roman look with those capes, and there's also some Gothic influence going on with the over-sized pauldrons. Sweet.

So far, nothing new in the story, just the set-up for the battle for Jetstone. I wonder what those things are behind Ansom, though. They look like ... decrypted bookcases.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby badninja » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:38 pm

I think that I am going to enjoy having Ossomer, he is going to be a fun person to watch. The other brother just seems so squishy and not as good of a commander. I think that we will soon be starting the battle shortly and we will see how they command their troops. I like how they actually believe the stuff about Charlie, the only person who can give them a fighting chance and they are to stupid to call on him. That choice is going to get them all killed.
Spoiler: show
Or Charlie coming in as the calvary and saving them at the last moment.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Wren » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:39 pm

My Money's on Ossomer. These characters are too cool and as yet underdeveloped to die here. ^_^ I'm excited to see what kinds of tricks they have up their sleeves.
Wren

Postby AstralFire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:41 pm

gameboy1234 wrote:I wonder what those things are behind Ansom, though. They look like ... decrypted bookcases.

Good eye. I think they're filled with people, actually, and they're far off. I'm guessing the Erfworld equivalent of siege towers. Perhaps a pun between stacks and bookstacks?
Up the Ante.

AstralFire

Postby Engy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 pm

I love how even with how blunt and physically imposing he is Ossomer still doesn't seem near as dangerous as Trammenis.

What would one do with a used fig?
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Dwagon_Cwoaker » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Tramennis is possibly my new favorite character. I would have figured that Parson was the first to bring proper trolling to Erfworld, but now, Tramennis is obviously a true troll, considering how much he was trying to mess with Ansom. Insisting that the Gobwin Knob army came for tea and cookies... classic :D

And the new artist continues to stun me. Still don't like how Parson looked, but just the level of detail in page 3 is outright amazing. Ossomer is damn well imposing like he should be, and Tramennis' overall size just complements his attitude perfectly. And the background? Hooo boy. Seeing the units in the background clearly despite their small size is an awesome touch.

You know, if book 2 starts off with a massive win for Gobwin Knob... honestly, I can see it happening, but that just seems boring. The presence of Tramennis though, and his overall attitude... Tramennis pulling off an upset for Jetstone due to some real keen tactical move that Ansom doesn't even consider would be an awesome little twist at the beginning. Just saying.
Dwagon_Cwoaker

Postby sheepfly » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Cleft chin... overload....
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby Darkside007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Really liking Prince Artha-err Ansom's new armor. I'm just waiting for Wanda to say "You no longer need to sacrifice for your people, you no longer need to bear the weight of your crown.

I've taken care, of everything."

Also? Superman is awesomer than even handsome guys.
Darkside007

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm

I love the artwork! Book 2 looks great. :D
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby TheWombat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm guessing that Tremmenis is based on a Nero like figure. Seems very much like the Shakespearean Puck.
Proud wanna-be owner of the Arken-chainsaw.
TheWombat

Postby macintristan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Okay, first off it's AWESOME that we have posts in before Rob lets us know the new page is up :) and secondly.... I really really liked this page a lot. It really grabbed me with the new character drawings, and I think Xin's interpretation of armour in Erf terms is the new hottness. That being said, I see Tremmenis kinda like Stewie, or a late night comedy version of Robin the boy wonder. Awesome post guys :)
macintristan

Postby Viggs » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 pm

macintristan wrote:Okay, first off it's AWESOME that we have posts in before Rob lets us know the new page is up :)

Yet balder's subject is the only one that doesn't have a "RE: " on it, as tho it had been the first. Seems more like a bug in the forums.
Viggs

Postby Ominous » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Engy wrote:I love how even with how blunt and physically imposing he is Ossomer still doesn't seem near as dangerous as Trammenis.

Indeed, beware the short ones with cockiness and quick wits. They're always the most dangerous.
Ominous

Book 2 - Page 3

Postby balder » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 pm

New One is up.
balder

Next

Return to Reactions