Book 2 – Page 5

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 5

Postby balder » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:43 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 5

Postby konmanrocks » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:55 am

sweet, looks amazing, and wanda doesnt seem to be taking the advice? i wonder what she means by a more direct way than scouting? what does she have up her sleeve?
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Pointyleaf » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:57 am

Yay!

Edit: I'm curious how she's going to get the more direct intel. I wonder if they have a lookamancer.. but no, I like the ideas about croaking/decrypting one of the Jetstone princes. Of course, if Slately has given the princes limited info for just this reason (because they can be turned), it will be incomplete intel.

No clear info on how many GK troops are left on the ground, if any. I also notice a redheaded archon in the bottom-left panel.. Ginger?

It wouldn't surprise me to see a small skirmish coming up to open up Book 2.
Last edited by Pointyleaf on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pointyleaf

Postby fjolnir » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 am

She's going to try something slightly stupid, probably swoop/snatching Ossomer or Tremannis and croak/decrypting them before they can reunite with their forces to interrogate them to get an infodump on what awaits them at Spacerock.
At least, that would be my bet, judging by what we know about decrypted from the summer updates and the fact that Ossomer and Tremannis haven't made it back to their massive stacks in the hex ahead of them. In fact it would probably be prudent to attempt something like that anyhow given the nature of how bonuses work in Erfworld, and the dittomancer being there so Ossomer's conciderable chief warlord bonus would be at least tripled in his own stack (Ditto+leadership+CW bonus), possibly even quadrupled if it does both bonuses...
Last edited by fjolnir on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fjolnir

Postby Zerohour » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:59 am

Curses, not first.

It seems that Wanda has become a bit cocky. SHe'll get her intelligence by croaking Ossomer, Tremmennis, and their forces then decrypting them so they'll give her the info she wants.

Pride goes before the fall, and I share Parson's uneasy feeling about this....

...Why would they bother setting up tents when Spacerock is within walking distance? Foolamancy's not the only way to hide troops, just the most expected...

Edit: Sweet, my posts can time travel.
Last edited by Zerohour on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zerohour

Postby Engy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 am

Well, we know Stanley hasn't changed much, if at all.

It's almost as if Parson can sense the coming storm of plot, so I'm betting Jillian/Charlie is waiting to bloody GK's nose in the city.
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Nebulious » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 am

Thank goodness! I was getting the shakes, here. I like how Stanley's gut reaction is exactly what I was thinking: "Man, I hope Xin show's us the brothers' reactions!" I feel like a tool now.

Also, it seems like this plain was chiefly Ansom. I'm impressed!
This cold night will turn us all into fools and madmen.
Nebulious
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:02 am

Hooray! New comic! Woohoo! Awesome!
Crap. Now I have to wait until Saturday for my next fix.

Still, great job! :D
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Carlan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:05 am

That's one short skirt Maggie's got there. /wolfwhistle

The little guy(s) at the foot of the bridge there, is that a/are those decrypted Jetstone troop(s)? I want to think that's Webinar, but is that even possible?
Carlan

Postby gameboy1234 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 am

Carlan wrote:That's one short skirt Maggie's got there. /wolfwhistle

Beat me too it: Maggie in a miniskirt.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby darthoctopus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:12 am

Just curious, what's the turn order like? Does GK go before Jetstone, or the other way round?

If Jetstone was supposed to go first, I think it'd have been smarter to deploy at least some of Ansom's favourite heavies and make a feint of resistance during Jetstone's turn, before proceeding to dispel the veil once Jetstone finally made a move, hiding the bulk of veiled units beyond the range of Jetstone's units' move, and whoop ass once Jetstone's units were deployed and drawn away. Or something like that.

Although no doubt Parson already thought this through and came up with a better plan =\

I think Wanda is going to do recon-by-fire. That might be a little risky, though.
Last edited by darthoctopus on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
darthoctopus

Postby Toolbreaker » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:12 am

Woot New Comic.

Go figure, Ansom planned the deception on his own. I guess I need to give him more credit.
Toolbreaker

Postby Infidel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:14 am

Heh, it's so funny that Rob has not had first post the last few times.

Looks like Parson gave good advice, and Wanda is about to make a mistake--or not. A lot of the reason stupid people stay stupid is because they weren't brought up short early on.

Still, it also shows that she's not the slave to Parson's advice that Ansom believed. I.e. She doesn't follow Parson's advice religiously, else she'd be using dragons or archons to scout.

This tactic puts a different meaning to Reconnaissance en force.

edit - that's weird. Rob was above me, now he's below me.
Last edited by Infidel on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby gameboy1234 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:15 am

darthoctopus wrote:Just curious, what's the turn order like? Does GK go before Jetstone, or the other way round?

I'm pretty sure all through Book 1 GK went first.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby darthoctopus » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:22 am

gameboy1234 wrote:
darthoctopus wrote:Just curious, what's the turn order like? Does GK go before Jetstone, or the other way round?

I'm pretty sure all through Book 1 GK went first.

Yeah, but that was when GK was resisting an invasion. Now GK is invading Jetstone. Shouldn't that change things? I mean, don't defenders usually go first or something?
darthoctopus

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:24 am

Nice update, and interesting as well. So this is entirely Ansom's party... and Parson doesn't sound entirely comfortable with the situation.

Maybe he is right - it does look to good to be true.

And I love the contrasts that exist in GK upper powers. Stanley is way to concerned with the looks on his enemies face then with anything else, Parson is cautious, anf Wanda seems level headed.

konmanrocks wrote:sweet, looks amazing, and wanda doesnt seem to be taking the advice? i wonder what she means by a more direct way than scouting? what does she have up her sleeve?

I'm thinking she is agreeing with the theory (know more first) but not the technique (fly/scout). If I had to guess she might well be planning to try and croak and decrypt one or both the princes for intel.

Great risk perhaps, potentially great reward as well. Of course "Keep It Simple Stupid" does have a lot going for it, so it might well come back to bite Wanda if she goes down that path rather then Parson's safer method.
Last edited by Dancing Cthulhu on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Updog » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:26 am

Infidel wrote:Heh, it's so funny that Rob has not had first post the last few times.

edit - that's weird. Rob was above me, now he's below me.

His arched eyebrow in his avatar emphasizes this :D

I want to see more of the battle plan board in depth
Updog

Postby Hatu » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:28 am

Nice comic, but wow, talk about a splintered chain of command. I wonder what Wanda's planning?

Infidel wrote:edit - that's weird. Rob was above me, now he's below me.

Perhaps the clock on his computer is out of synch.

-H
Last edited by Hatu on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hatu

Postby sheepfly » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:28 am

Heh, now I'm just waiting for the "that's no moon, that's a heavily-armed planet-busting space station" moment. Spacerock + all available Shockamancers ftl.

I wonder which prince Wanda wants to decrypt... Ossomer's the chief warlord, but Tramennis has seniority...
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby Infidel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:29 am

Ah, I get it, it's something like a reverse sticky. Rob's post keeps being pushed down.

That's one way to always get in the last word.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Next

Return to Reactions