Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 8

Postby balder » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 8

Postby Kaed » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:19 pm

Aaaaand already things are going badly xD

It looks like Ossomer has some kind of magic item that uses Shockamancy.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:19 pm

If I didn't know better, I'd say that GK was going to be missing a few casters.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby kagato23 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Hmmm. Plan isn't going quite as well as I imagine Wanda would have hoped.

Don't alter parson's plans!
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Or Ansom's, as the case may be.

Well, well, what a turn of events. I guess Ansom should have mentioned the Dittomancer to Wanda.

We'll have to see what happens next, again, as this comic has a habit of leaving us with a cliffhanger every page.

Hopefully, Tramennis will stay where he belongs (in a pile of dwagon breath-gum), and whatever fight happens next between Tesla-Ossomer and Ansom the Preacher will be interesting.

Finally, allow me to indulge my faiblesse. Somebody's very handy with that sword in this update, and it should figure. After dodging GK's 4chan shockamancy, the crumbling walls, and almost dodging the volcano, I'd expect nothing less from Scarlet. It takes more than three arrows to bring her down.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby dhemon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:33 pm

A thought that I'm sure many people have had. Ansom is an idiot. It doesn't matter if you are currently invisible, assume you won't be, and attack from behind or the side. Also, he should have expected that the dittomancer would multiply the arrows that were being shot as soon as they noticed that the princes' stack was under attack, and that the veil would drop if Jack was hit.

Edit: Also, I just noticed, but isn't that warlord using tennis terms?
dhemon

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Woo, I've been waiting eagerly, and I'm not disappointed.

I.Brow really does have his head screwed on right, he appears to have just helped Jetstone claw back some momentum they had lost in the ambush. And dittomancer in action! Doubling (plus) arrows eh? Definitely useful, I wonder if he can double other types of projectiles as well?

The displacement is down, I hope Jack is ok, that looked painful.

And Wanda decided to prevent Trem from participating - it looks Ossomer really is the target, and strong enough that if he had Trem fighting with him he might be to much even for Ansom's stack. I wonder if Ansom knew he had some sort of shockmancy magical item? But I notice one big thing - Ansom is unarmed, he's lost his sword - that is what he was meant to be doing to Oss. Maybe it will be the hunter who is caught...

I also notice the as yet unnamed but possible know Warlord in the background seems to be doing a good job deflecting those arrows.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Well, well, what a turn of events. I guess Ansom should have mentioned the Dittomancer to Wanda.

He should of, but then again he didn't get much of a chance, it doesn't appear they were every going to attack the Jetstone troops, just rush the castle. Suddenly Wanda is like "That can wait, Parson wants intel, you're leading, lets go".
Last edited by Dancing Cthulhu on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Darkside007 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Ouch.
Darkside007

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 pm

dhemon wrote:A thought that I'm sure many people have had. Ansom is an idiot. It doesn't matter if you are currently invisible, assume you won't be, and attack from behind or the side. Also, he should have expected that the dittomancer would multiply the arrows that were being shot as soon as they noticed that the princes' stack was under attack, and that the veil would drop if Jack was hit.

With Tramennis and Ossomer sitting back-to back, attacking the pair from behind is not really an option. Then there's also the other dwagons flying round.

Tactical blunder, sure. Idiocy ... not necessarily.

Dancing Cthulhu wrote:I also notice the as yet unnamed but possible know Warlord in the background seems to be doing a good job deflecting those arrows.

To iterate, if she is who I suspect, it will take more than three arrows. Maybe five. :D
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Infidel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Thufir Hawat there seems rather quick on the uptake. Seeing one archon down already doesn't make things look good for the team. I would have expected them to still be expending their actions against the false images rather than turning around so quickly.

Shockmancy doesn't seem the right label for that telekinetic push, but nothing else fits better either, especially with the Tesla activation word.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby YesNinja » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Hmm... Looks like we're finally going to be able to see if Decryption makes a caster lose their abilities or not. Just wish it didn't have to be on Jack... :cry:
YesNinja

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:47 pm

What is PCP supposed to stand for anyway?

The wikipedia disambiguation page is full of interesting, but rather arcane, suggestions.

Pre-charged pneumatic, a type of airgun?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Fug » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I like that the dead Archon gives off angel dust (pcp)

removing ansom would open up an excuse to promote parson and move him off to battle (maybe they could changamancy him into a small unit so he could fly?) and I would guess they will capture Tremmenis who will be a fun sort of sidekick for Parson
Last edited by Fug on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fug

Postby dhemon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:With Tramennis and Ossomer sitting back-to back, attacking the pair from behind is not really an option. Then there's also the other dwagons flying round.

Well, it wasn't only this one thing that made me think that Ansom was stupid, it was more his conduct in general. Though I suppose stupid is the wrong word really. He seems to be far too bigoted and overconfident in his own abilities to realize that he might fail at anything. Fair enough about the other dragons though. I simply thought that they would have the commonsense to realize that it isn't best to attack enemies head-on, but that might be a thought from a non-Erfworld perspective.

I suppose what might happen now is that they capture at least Ansom and try to turn him. I wonder if you can turn decrypted units, it would be interesting to find out.
dhemon

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Fug wrote:I like that the dead Archon gives off angel dust (pcp)

Thanks for the info!

Huh, that was on the wiki disambiguation page, I just didn't see it.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ShinyBrownCoat » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:52 pm

ShinyBrownCoat

Postby HailGreen28 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Hopefully we're back into the same routine where on one page side A is winning, on the next page side B is winning.

Story-wise maybe Wanda will capture one prince, and learn of some super-duper Jetstone castle defense that would have wiped them all out, that made this gamble worthwhile.

But right now I'd like to slap Wanda upside the head. What kind of shape is Wanda's strikeforce going to be, to take the castle now? After being perforated by arrows? Wanda you idiot!!!! :evil:
HailGreen28

Postby OneHugeTuck » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 pm

They would have got the arrows one way or another.

Unless they veiled themselves all the way to the castle.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

dhemon wrote:A thought that I'm sure many people have had. Ansom is an idiot. It doesn't matter if you are currently invisible, assume you won't be, and attack from behind or the side. Also, he should have expected that the dittomancer would multiply the arrows that were being shot as soon as they noticed that the princes' stack was under attack, and that the veil would drop if Jack was hit.

To be fair it isn't Ansom's plan, it is Wanda's. And Trem and Oss would be making it difficult for a back/side attack by how they are standing and possibly circling - from the first panal Ansom is looking down on the princes from the side. But maybe Oss taunt did get to him, no matter what has happened to Ansom he might still hold some of his old standards of honor when attacking an enemy - stabbing them in the side while invisible might be too much.

However I must say I love the looks on Ansom's face when he realizes Oss has him in his sights.

Edit: Also, I just noticed, but isn't that warlord using tennis terms?

I thought so as well, but I don't know enough about tennis (other then I am awful at it) to be able to expand on the reference.

BLANDCorporatio wrote:To iterate, if she is who I suspect, it will take more than three arrows. Maybe five. ;)

Five at least. :)

HailGreen28 wrote:But right now I'd like to slap Wanda upside the head. What kind of shape is Wanda's strikeforce going to be, to take the castle now? After being perforated by arrows? Wanda you idiot!!!! :evil:

Well, the rest of the army is still back in the other hex, at the moment it is just some Archons and Dwagons, the casters, Ansom and maybe you-know-who Warlord...

The casters and Ansom are definitely a concern, the rest of that stack would be acceptable losses to Wanda I imagine.
Last edited by Dancing Cthulhu on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby jabbersocky » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:02 pm

dhemon wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:With Tramennis and Ossomer sitting back-to back, attacking the pair from behind is not really an option. Then there's also the other dwagons flying round.

Well, it wasn't only this one thing that made me think that Ansom was stupid, it was more his conduct in general. Though I suppose stupid is the wrong word really. He seems to be far too bigoted and overconfident in his own abilities to realize that he might fail at anything. Fair enough about the other dragons though. I simply thought that they would have the commonsense to realize that it isn't best to attack enemies head-on, but that might be a thought from a non-Erfworld perspective.

I suppose what might happen now is that they capture at least Ansom and try to turn him. I wonder if you can turn decrypted units, it would be interesting to find out.

I think he's taking his time in order to disarm him instead of croak and thats why he's going for the front.

YesNinja wrote:Hmm... Looks like we're finally going to be able to see if Decryption makes a caster lose their abilities or not. Just wish it didn't have to be on Jack... :cry:

Don't worry their only ....http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=42&issue=4 (Dr mcninja spoiler warning) Well at least i hope it is.
My life for Jetstone!
Her vorpal blade went snicker-snack! as she croaked every dwagon in the stack.
jabbersocky

Next

Return to Reactions