Book 2 – Text Updates 003

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 003

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:02 pm

gameboy1234 wrote:
Darkmantle wrote:The tricaster link also created the books, though I don't have the time to go find that link.

Technically, Wanda said that the Eyemancers made the books. She might mean the link, but it doesn't exactly read that way. And it's plural, so Wanda might actually be talking about Eyemancers in the Magic Kingdom. I.e., Stanley may have paid a bunch of casters to make the books.

If one ignores the context and the grammar, that might be a valid point. Wanda calls the eyemancers GK's most valuable asset, then mentions that Stanley ordered "them" linked, and says in the next sentence that "they" created the eyebooks.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby fjolnir » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Eyemancy is the school that has think-, look- and fool- amancy so the eyebooks were made by the original tricaster link...
fjolnir

Postby theseus2x » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:11 pm

fjolnir wrote:Eyemancy is the school that has think-, look- and fool- amancy so the eyebooks were made by the original tricaster link...

Okay... got it... so are there any actual Eyemancers? Or does it just refer to that particular combination of tri-linked casters? The way Wanda uses the term makes it weird to me...
theseus2x

Postby ftl » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:28 am

theseus2x wrote:Okay... got it... so are there any actual Eyemancers? Or does it just refer to that particular combination of tri-linked casters? The way Wanda uses the term makes it weird to me...

As I understand it, since "Eyemancy" includes think- look- and fool- amancy, so any one of those casters can be referred to as "an Eyemancer." That's just not being specific.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby (name here) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 pm

It could be the link was somewhat unnecessary to a leader with a bit more smarts and imagination than Stanley.

I'm pretty sure that a lookamancer outside of a link acts more like a Comsat station than a remove fog of war cheat code, in much the same way that sizemore outside of a link can't effect the entire mountain at once. It does come with disadvantages, but since it is not a cheat code, that is to be expected of something of its power.
(name here)

Postby mastigo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:42 pm

I think the people interested in love triangles have forgotten the summer updates and what they said about relationships on Erf.
mastigo

Postby crazyguy_co » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:53 am

Joe22c. wrote:Technically that's a hypothesis.

err no. Hypothesis is something that can be tested empirically.
crazyguy_co

Postby Black » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:16 pm

crazyguy_co wrote:
Joe22c. wrote:Technically that's a hypothesis.

err no. Hypothesis is something that can be tested empirically.

Both of you relax. It depends on context. Casually, there is no need for such pedantry. In the context of science, these words have more specific meanings.
Black
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Previous

Return to Reactions