Book 2 – Text Updates 006

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 006

Postby MonteCristo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:48 am

PlotArmour wrote:D
1) Yes, we know Charlie wants to be involved, but we also know everyone is hostile to him, every nearby kingdom in fact.
2) Everyone, including the coalition will be on the lookout for veils, not least of all because GK has a foolmancer. In order to sneak GK's dwagon army in, they had to disguise it as a regular army, and fair enough. But what we apepar to be getting set up for is a literal "Archons invisibly snuck up to Spacerock, and are there now". If the plot doesn't go this way, all for the good, but I feel that's where it is headed. You have to wonder why GK wouldn't do this with massive forces if it's possible.
3) Especially because Jack is a master class foolmancer. A few replies I see try to tone him down, but so far we have him veiling whole cities from hostiles for years (however many turns that is, over 700 it seems), to the point nobody knew they existed. The reaction to his abilities from respected warlords like Caesar was complete incredulity. He's been very impressive to date, and it's really unlikely there is an Archon equivalent as good or better. Let alone lots of them.
4) If the Archons aren't in the battle space, then they're basically useless. So either the story is headed in a very different way, of they are somehow hidden in the battle space of Spacerock, and none of Jetstone's many warlords has noticed them at all, despite the fact that foolmancy needs to leave traces. Absurd.
5) The explanations for how they could have entered the battlespace without alerting others to their presence via the turn system are wholly unsatisfying. Jillian added them to the alliance without telling anyone? WTF? What authority does she have to do that? It also seems complete ridiculous. They don't use a turn? That's false, we saw in book 1.

Well for one thing, i think your assumptions for HOW warlords spot a veil are incorrect. From what i can tell you assume that the warlords have a percent chance of spotting a viel; so just having a bunch of warlords is enough for them to spot a veil... however, the way i think they spot a veil is just by noticing something out of place and weird... noticing rocks that were not there before or seeing clouds that are moving unusually fast. That's why it takes a "lucky/smart Warlord" to spot a veil, as they either have to stumble upon it by chance or be preceptive enough to notice even the slightest things wrong.

In the case of the archons, what if they were veiled as Faq infantry or giants? Jetstone would not suspect that they were veiled troops and just assume they were ordinary Faq troops... or another possibility, what if one of those megalogwiffs is actually a bunch of archons huddled together and vieled? Again jetstone would never even think of checking if they was a viel at work... hell they could be disguised as clouds hovering high above the city, and none of the warlords are perceptive enough to notice that there is something "wrong" about those clouds... there are any number of possibilities for how the archons might be veiled, without jetstone noticing...

As for Jillian adding charlie to the alliance without anyone knowing, who the hell ever said she couldn't?
I don't recall the mechanics of the alliance being discussed in detail... She is the queen of Faq and a full member of the alliance, who the hell says she needs anyone elses permission to invite another side into the alliance... Hell maybe she and charlie joined forces first and the allaince took chalrie in when they took jillian in without realizing it... who ever said that the mechanics of erfworld made it so that other sides are automatically aware of every side that joins them, and don't have to be told... you are pretty much talking about mechanics that may not even exist and are just your assumptions

Most importantly, the action from here on is likely to be silly, though I'll reserve judgement until I see it, because Jack, the archons, etc, should all pick up on the army of Archons before they get too close. This is a problem because if the Archons are overwhelming and can beat GK, then GK will be able to retreat, and can't be followed.

Well one thing that would help before passing judgement here is seeing HOW they are hidden... some of the stuff i mentioned above might not work, but those aren;t the only options... for all we know they could be within the hex but right outside the castle walls; namely on the OPPOSITE side of the castle... maybe they are making use of displacement magic; hiding their real bodies within the walls, invisible, behind the towers to keep out of sight, while at the same time projecting their fake bodies into trees outside the castle walls... so not only are they vieled but also hidden from sight... this is a wait and see kind of thing
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby PlotArmour » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 am

I don't think I've made assumptions, so much as rebutted the false ones others have made, including the last guy who suggested Jetstone couldn't scout without fliers, and that since it was futile to scout without them, they probably just got Jillian to do it. Absurd. They should have a chance at spotting, and the turn system makes it pretty much impossible for them to sneak into the battlespace unknown.

Sure, if the Archons are a megalogwiffon or Haggar or something, then that's fine. The problem with these solutions are pretty obvious:
1) While replacing Gwiffons with archons is an upgrade, it's not a big enough one to tip the scales, which are heavily in GK's favour.
2) At least some of the gwiffons/MG's aren't veiled, because people like Gillian are riding them.
3) Haggar/Archons are far away, so still doesn't help much.
4) No faq infantry is mentioned, it probably couldn't have made it here in time, and Ossomer would include it in his battle intel, so they'd know about it and factor it in. Plus the super secret route Jillian took makes it seem unlikely they could take non-fliers with them.

The archons being clouds seems like a better veil than anything we've seen to date... on par with invisibility (why not just have the entire Dwagon army sneak in as clouds?), so it suffers from the same problem we've seen to date. Why not have a 2nd dwagon army sneak in as clouds? Again, it makes no sense for this sort of power to exist, yet for GK not to want to use it.

Past alliance decisions get made by the leader of the alliance. Just as sofaking couldn't commit Ansom to hire Charlie, it's ridiculous to think Jillian can have Charlie added to the coalition without the partners knowing. The whole point of having a joint turn is that they act as one... they have to agree to share a turn, if they don't the whole basis of turns is silly. It's an assumption, but it's a sensible one. If any partner can make decisions, then any partner could end turn without the others consent, etc. That's why coalitions have leaders it seems, to make those decisions. We'll see what happens at any rate.
PlotArmour

Postby Smoker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 am

menge101 wrote:If Charlescomm had units in the Battlespace, wouldn't everyone know just because every now and then it'd be their turn? Is there someway to hide your turn that we don't know of? Or is it simply that other sides only know when it is and isn't their own turn?

I'm skipping a few pages coz i have to run, so sorry if this was mentioned before...

Hiding your turn would be a great ability for a turnamancer. It would explain how Jillian was able to sneak around to Jetstone without anyone noticing she was in the battlespace.

The only other option I can think of, is that Charlie is allied with Jillian, Jillian is allied with Jetstone and somehow Jetstone are unaware that this makes them allied with Charlie... This way they have all been moving on Jetstones turn, and there is no disruption to the turn order in the battlespace.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby MonteCristo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:19 am

PlotArmour wrote:The archons being clouds seems like a better veil than anything we've seen to date... on par with invisibility (why not just have the entire Dwagon army sneak in as clouds?), so it suffers from the same problem we've seen to date. Why not have a 2nd dwagon army sneak in as clouds? Again, it makes no sense for this sort of power to exist, yet for GK not to want to use it.

The power to veil themselves as clouds DOES exist
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F115.jpg
Jillian momentarily questions the possibility of becoming clouds, but dismissing as their are no clouds in the battle space

The reason GK did not use it is for two reasons... 1st, they can only veil ONE army at a time as Jack as to be with them to veil them... in other words if he was with dwagons sneaking up on the capitol he could not also be with the rest of GK's forces and keeping them under a veil; and jack was needed with the main stack to make jetstone think that GK had seige engines and was gonna attempt an attack against the walls; thus luring their forces outside the walls and to the bridge

2nd of all, clouds are not a perfect veil... for dwagons, a whole army of them would appear as a very large movement of clouds, and a smart warlord like tramennis might notice such a large movement to be unusual and send in a scout. Archons might be more possible as they are small units and thus might be able to pass themselves off as normally clouds

Past alliance decisions get made by the leader of the alliance. Just as sofaking couldn't commit Ansom to hire Charlie, it's ridiculous to think Jillian can have Charlie added to the coalition without the partners knowing. The whole point of having a joint turn is that they act as one... they have to agree to share a turn, if they don't the whole basis of turns is silly. It's an assumption, but it's a sensible one. If any partner can make decisions, then any partner could end turn without the others consent, etc. That's why coalitions have leaders it seems, to make those decisions. We'll see what happens at any rate.

i don't recall a point where Sofaking was trying to hire charlie while Ansom refused... not to mention the one who hires charlie would be the one to pay the bills, so it would make sense to try and get someone else to hire charlie for you

Though this does not eliminate the possibility that Jillian and Charlie formed an alliance by themselves first and Jetstone unknowingly brought them both on when Jillian agreed to ally with them; essenailly they thought they were just brining in jillian but were instead combine her alliance with theres
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby PlotArmour » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 am

I concede you're right about the clouds, but that sort of thing would have to be very gradually done to not be noticed, which means the clouds have been there more than a turn. Indeed, the text of update 6 indicates he had units there while Jillian was journeying there, so again the question of turns arises ("Charlie didn't want either side knowing he had significant forces in the battlespace."). How could Charlie have been in their battlespace without them being alerted to him. He didn't have the mystery caster Jillian brought with her at the time, so it's looking pretty much impossible. I also think the idea that nobody has spotted a veil big enough to hide whatever Charlie has could go unspotted for long. Especially since it's got Archon's veiling, and they can't do that sort of thing indefinitely... even Jack would run out of juice.

I don't think Archons are so much smaller that a veil of a huge stack of archons can really go unnoticed, especially with how Dwagons keep shrinking in the comic. Dwagons would be harder to veil, but then they have Jack, who apparently can veil whole cities. Sure, he can't veil 2 armies at the same time, but they could have brought extra forces in secretly... or just pulled whatever trick Charlie is pulling...

The sofaking is a hypothetical eg.

As to the alliance point, it's silly on the one hand, and blatantly false on the other, as http://www.erfworld.com/2009/10/summer-updates-040/ we get told faq is already in the alliance, as of 23 turns, and in the next update, which is a turn later, Jillian first talks to Charlie. which confirms the common sense position regarding alliances.
PlotArmour

Postby MonteCristo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:56 am

PlotArmour wrote:I concede you're right about the clouds, but that sort of thing would have to be very gradually done to not be noticed, which means the clouds have been there more than a turn. Indeed, the text of update 6 indicates he had units there while Jillian was journeying there, so again the question of turns arises ("Charlie didn't want either side knowing he had significant forces in the battlespace."). How could Charlie have been in their battlespace without them being alerted to him. He didn't have the mystery caster Jillian brought with her at the time, so it's looking pretty much impossible.

Clouds are only one possibility, we can only imagine how he vieled the archons and will only find out when they are revealed
and they can't do that sort of thing indefinitely... even Jack would run out of juice.

Whose to say, that's just your assumption on how long they can hold a veil... I mean they are not veiling entire cities or even whole stacks, just themselves, so they are still falling VERY short of Jack's level of power... and hell who says jack COULDN'T hold a viel that long?
sure, he can't veil 2 armies at the same time, but they could have brought extra forces in secretly...

Last i checked that's pretty much what Jack did... he had a whole slew of dwagons and archons brought within moving distance of spacerock on THEIR turn... don't see what else he could have brought in secretly that would have helped anymore than that

As to the alliance point, it's silly on the one hand, and blatantly false on the other, as http://www.erfworld.com/2009/10/summer-updates-040/ we get told faq is already in the alliance, as of 23 turns, and in the next update, which is a turn later, Jillian first talks to Charlie. which confirms the common sense position regarding alliances.

I see good point... putting aside my doubts about the inability for Jillian to accept others into the alliance, another possibility is simply that charlie gave her the units for her to command, so that they now count as her own units
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Dr Pepper » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 am

PlotArmour wrote:I hope that such a good explanation is forthcoming... I just don't believe it will be.

Brothers and Sisters! We must pray for this poor and tormented soul to have faith!
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:24 am

Angband wrote:We don't know that. It could be that just having a Turnamancer on your side is sufficient to effect the change. It could be that having a Turnamancer in the city when unit production is set is sufficient (which is most consistent with the phrase used, "Having a Turnamancer reduced the production of an heir by twenty turns," as opposed to `having a turnamancer made each turn spent popping 50% more efficient` or somesuch). It could also be that Vanna did what she could to reduce popping time, and then had to leave on the mission before she had done all she could, because her talents were more urgently needed on the mission.

It would be interesting to know if it is an ongoing effect once the spell is cast or requires her ongoing presence. Guys like the Dittomancer (doubling specials and whatever ) and Foolamancer have to be around in order for their effects to continue it seems. It isn't like a DnD buff were once cast it will remain till done even if the mage/cleric/druid dies/leave.

How is it more "narratively consistent" to produce an entirely new caster out of nowhere?

Mystery Caster wasn't introduced from no where - Oss mentioned there was a caster with Jillian, next strip we see them off to the side, text update we see Jillian thinking about her journey from Faq with "the Caster" and co.

Go back and look at the summer update where Jillian leaves on her mission. That update is set 55 turns after TBfGK; the ending paragraph is some indeterminate number of days after that. Note that there is no mention whatsoever of a second caster before Jillian left. Note that we now know that Jillian left Faq with a caster. Note that the only Faq caster we have been told of is Vanna. Note that there are two in-story features for that caster being Vanna (Vanna White/White Mage and "never says much").

Well that update didn't exactly spell out who/what Jillian was taking with her, beyond flyers. We only learnt in this update she had brought her Chief Warlord along (I guess Vinnie or some other warlord is running things back home).

Therefore, for that caster to be anyone BUT Vanna would be a glaring example of narrative INconsistency.

I believe what they are getting at is that it is odd to only now stop referring to Vanna by name, if it is her, after she was well enough detailed in the last summer update.

Infidel wrote:I think that our Turnamacer will always be TURNED away from the camera, so we will never see her face. Just as the dittomancer repeats himself and teh Foolamancer speaks in riddles, and the Croakamaner is always depressed.

That is a good idea (not sure Wanda is depressed though).

Angband wrote:Narrative consistency argues against a Faq-born caster much more than it argues against it being Vanna. There was very little time between the mention of Faq's failure to pop a caster and Jillian leaving for Spacerock. When you factor in Faq's severe cash flow problem (requiring schmucker infusions from both Transylvito and Charlescomm to even be able to support one caster) it's very hard to see when or how Faq could have managed to pop or hire another caster.

Well, you don't have much control over popping a caster, apparently they can pop randomly amongst warlords. So if Jillian decided to pop some more warlords I guess there is a chance it happened.

But if they had somehow managed to pop one it would presumably be low level, so unless it was of a type amazingly useful to their mission it seems strange they would bring them along. However hiring is different, especially if it is Charlie doing the hiring and supplying.

And the time frame? What ever it is Charlie and Jillian are doing they have been planning it for some time - presumably mystery caster has been penciled in for some time as well.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Glenn » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:39 am

Sometimes the best place to hide something or is right out in clear view. What if the Archons aren't veiled, they are just wearing big blue cloaks with hoods that cover their entire bodies, which the Jetstone units, who have never seen Faq's livery before, assume is just the normal Faq livery? What if the Faq warlord are also wearing the same blue cloaks? Jack and the decrypted Archons might see through a veil, but can they see through normal, thick cloth? When Wanda sees"Faq" units dressed in blue cloaks, she'll know Jillian changed Faq's livery from what it was under Banhammer, but why should she instantly assume that those aren't really Faq units?
Glenn

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:50 am

PlotArmour wrote:Archons veiled as Faq cavalry riders is fine, that's a great set up. The problem is that isn't going to be enough to tip the scales.

Why wont it tip the scales? Note the careful application of four archons (plus a couple of dwagons) in stunning a heap of guys in order to nab someone. Or the flash mob. Or how one Archon detecting magic can affect things (back in book one).

Jetstone aren't stupid. They have scouts precisely to pick up the unexpected. They know their #1 enemy has a foolmancer. That's reason enough to be wary.

Are scouts going to spot something hidden by foolamancy? Jetstone doesn't have archons or a foolamancer, which leaves lucky/smart warlords who would presumably have to be looking for something veiled. With so few flyers to get them around they aren't going to be able to have their smartest/luckiest warlords scanning every nook and cranny on the off chance GK has snuck something significant into their capital hex, especially with the army of doom approaching.

Sure, this would be a good explanation. It's just that the fight will be over after 1 turn, that's exactly what GK was counting on when they used the veiled Dwagons... that Jetstone can't redeploy until it's all over.

Before they knew about Jetstone's plan. Maybe they still think they can - but Jillian seems confident Wanda isn't going to rush in now.

Plus, and it is a big plus - are we assuming Jillian and Charlie are there to save Jetstone? Or are they there to strike a major blow against GK? The whole "one turn would be to late" might be true if the survival of Jetstone was their highest priority. I'm not saying it isn't, but lets assume GK fells Jetstone in one turn, what remains? Trem and the field army if he goes barbarian, the massive Haggar column, Jillian and her flyers if they don't finish them off and the unknown Charlie factor...

Infidel wrote:You know. I know everyone has focused on how the turamancer can help pop things faster by reducing the turns, and make it easier to turn a unit, also presumably by reducing the turns it takes.

But there is also an offensive use of a turnamancer that can be logically extrapolated...

Indeed. Mystery caster could definitely be a big factor in Charlie and Jillian's plan. If it is Vanna what you describe sounds like a reasonable ability for a high level (master) turnamancer to have. Not game breaking, but used smartly (like any asset) and it would definitely be useful, especially in a trap.

PlotArmour wrote:That sort of use of turnmany would seem to be too powerful to really allow... it would make a decent side unbeatable, so likewise I think that's a poor outcome.

Don't forget juice - if a turnamancer could do something like that it would probably be their best effect and they might only be able to do it once before running out of juice. So if they could you'd need to keep the ability for the right moment.

Infidel wrote:Your thesis, that only a flier can scout, is without basis in fact.

No, others can scout, but we are talking effectively scouting here.You have a number of large hexes, you have a number of small things in a hex hidden by a foolamancy effect.And since the only things we have be told pose a threat to veils are foolamancers, archons and smart/lucky warlords, well...

Likewise, you don't have to be 2 feet from a veil to see it. the warlords picked up the bats from ages away, and the Archons weren't very close to Bogroll to see the veil...

Note, Archons have magical detection. They are popped capable of spotting magical effects. As to the bats - they didn't see through the veil, they knew Stanley was somewhere, they saw mysterious bats, they put two and two together (smart/lucky). Again nothing shown reveals Jetstone was in anti-foolamancy mode prior to the meeting at the bridge, or that they had committed a bunch of warlords to wander around the capital hex, or the adjacent ones, looking for veiled things.

1) While replacing Gwiffons with archons is an upgrade, it's not a big enough one to tip the scales, which are heavily in GK's favour.

And Frodo and Sam got the ring into the volcano while the forces of evil were distracted... why are the Archons only going to be useful in mass? That is the things about traps and clever plans, they can alter the course of a battle even if it appears the odds are in the enemies favour.

4) No faq infantry is mentioned, it probably couldn't have made it here in time, and Ossomer would include it in his battle intel, so they'd know about it and factor it in. Plus the super secret route Jillian took makes it seem unlikely they could take non-fliers with them.

True, I don't think she took any, but as we know she has very little (other then the giants, currently protecting the kingdom). I think what infantry she had was gotten to knight level as quickly as possible, and they are riding the gwiffins.

MonteCristo wrote:I see good point... putting aside my doubts about the inability for Jillian to accept others into the alliance, another possibility is simply that charlie gave her the units for her to command, so that they now count as her own units

That makes sense, I always thought there must be an option of hiring Charlie's Archons without having to ally with him. The fact it was mentioned during the summer updates certain contracts will ensure Archons even attack other Charlescomm units makes it even more likely - so Charlie can loan out Archons to two sides of a conflict, and not be on either side.

So you hire them at mercs, and for the duration of the contract they count as your troops.

Of course I still don't know why Jillian being a part of the RCCII automatically prevents her from independently allying Faq with a neutral side.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Gez » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:47 am

"Show don't tell" is also a principle of literature. I don't think the criticism is entirely founded here because this is clearly all on Jillian's POV.
Gez

Postby Sixty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 am

I also think the likely scenario here is that Charlie has the archons on loan to Jillian so that they count as her troops (and thus don't alert Jetstone when they come in veiled as Faq warlords).

Another thing is, where is everyone getting the 200 archons from? What's to say it isn't 5 archons or another lesser number?
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Stormchi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:14 am

okay, just to add my two cents,

1) I don't think the Faq, veiled forces thing is an instance of cavalry to the rescue. We've seen what GK is up to, and now we get to see what the other side is up to. They've been moving forces under the command of Jillian in such a way, that no one knows they are there.

2) As far as who's allied to who, and how the move works, and wouldn't an extra turn be noticed?

2a)Allied sides move on the same turn.
2b)Faq is allied with Jetstone.
2c)If Charlie were to ally with Faq, he would move on the same turn as Faq.
2d)Thus Charlie would move on the same turn as Jetstone, whether or not Charlie is allied with Jetstone.

3)As for the caster. I previously said it was a healomancer, based on the outfit. However the Vanna/white mage/turnamancer joke is also appealing, but why would Jillian keep referring to a named character as "the caster"? So for my two cents I'm changing my prediction to, a caster that is not Vanna, and is also not a healomancer or a turnamancer. Lets wait and see.

Man I wish there was a way to speed up genius! I love all the effort, thought, and creativity that have gone into this webcomic.

Also what was Jillian referring to when she said she had to pass notes by hat with Vinnie trying to explain Ansom? Was she talking about their previous relationship? Was she talking about the possibility that she'll croak him for good? What?
Stormchi

Postby Gez » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:53 am

Stormchi wrote:Also what was Jillian referring to when she said she had to pass notes by hat with Vinnie trying to explain Ansom? Was she talking about their previous relationship? Was she talking about the possibility that she'll croak him for good? What?

She was trying to explain that Ansom is a decrypted.
Gez

Postby ErfNch » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:27 am

Dancing Cthulhu wrote:
Infidel wrote:I think that our Turnamacer will always be TURNED away from the camera, so we will never see her face. Just as the dittomancer repeats himself and teh Foolamancer speaks in riddles, and the Croakamaner is always depressed.

That is a good idea (not sure Wanda is depressed though)

Good one indeed. But I'd say Wanda's special is her hobby (torturing) and feeling like dirt is Sizemore's :P And about the fact Wanda didn't send scouting units, that was indeed an error, but that shows how much confidence she put in her new toy. Even Parson seem to believe she's done the smartest thing to do, he don't seem remotely surprised that Charlie's troop aren't mentionned.

Stormchi wrote:2) As far as who's allied to who, and how the move works, and wouldn't an extra turn be noticed?

Another possibility is that Charlie's archons are under contract with FAQ for no or symbolic amount of Schmuckers.

But that raise the question of veiled units' moves in an ennemy space. Imagine you'd want to scout near an ennemy city with veiled/invisible troops. But then, as soon as your troops get close enough, what happens ?
- Turns are changed and the city immediately notice it ? ruining all efforts for any veiled approach ? Would that imply it's totally impossible to sneak around, be it for a surprise attack or simple information gathering ? Unless you have a turnamancer to veil your turn ?
- Or maybe veiling units also veil turns ? Using the time discontinuity of different hexes ?
Any of these possibilities seem awkward.
ErfNch

Postby Stormchi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 am

Also, I didn't think of it before, but everyone in Jillian's stack seems to be under her command. If Charlie were an ally instead of a hired mercenary, wouldn't he have a warlord to lead the charlscomm forces? Whereas if Jillian is "hiring" them, then they'd be under her command. Just a thought.
Stormchi

Postby HandofShadows » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 am

Stormchi wrote:Also, I didn't think of it before, but everyone in Jillian's stack seems to be under her command. If Charlie were an ally instead of a hired mercenary, wouldn't he have a warlord to lead the charlscomm forces? Whereas if Jillian is "hiring" them, then they'd be under her command. Just a thought.

As stated in the Summer Updates, Charlie does not have any worllords. Not a single one. All his forces are composed of Archons (which is considered a Knight Class unit IIRC).
HandofShadows

Postby The Minx » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 am

When I saw that FAQ crest, the first thing I thought was "huh, looks like an airline logo".

Then I scrolled down and read "It's riffing on the logo of an Indonesian airline." Heh. :)
The Minx

Postby SteveMB » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:13 am

Interesting that Jillian seems to react to the possibility of being croaked and decrypted much better than she reacted to Wanda "[going] too far" with considerably less extreme measures in Book 1.

To be sure, a potential future event carries less weight than an actual past one... and this one carries the temptation of being reunited with both Wanda and Ansom....
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:43 am

SteveMB wrote:Interesting that Jillian seems to react to the possibility of being croaked and decrypted much better than she reacted to Wanda "[going] too far" with considerably less extreme measures in Book 1.

To be sure, a potential future event carries less weight than an actual past one... and this one carries the temptation of being reunited with both Wanda and Ansom....
Well I'm sure Jillian realizes that she will be perfectly happy as one of the decrypted. As opposed to a highly failable suggestion spell. Would be rather unfortunate for Jetstone if Jillian said "Yeah... so I really want to be reunited with my two loved ones, sooo.... screw you all." Aww... crap. She loves Ansom and Wanda, and they are trying to get people to turn instead of decryption aren't they. Crap, crap, crap.
Lamech

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions