Book 2 – Page 14

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 14

Postby nerf-dweller » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Lord Kasavin wrote:Wanda is dangerously close to earning a disbanding.

Somehow I don't think Wanda can be disbaded while she is attuned to the Arkenpliers. Besides that would way shorten a possible conflict between Wanda vs Stanley and Co. What's the fun (and story) in that?
nerf-dweller

Postby raphfrk » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:This isn't very definitive, but In this text update, "Caesar checked in with Bunny" while Caesar was in the field.

That is pushing it towards it being an ability all commanders have.

However, Caesar is an heir (and chief warlord), so it could still only apply to the top-2 in each side.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Jeivar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Another hairline crack in Ansom's loyalty. Hmm. I do wonder why he's so upset with Ossomer being executed and decrypted, since he considered his own decryption a good thing. Maybe he feels it's SUCH a good thing that people should be able to see reason with words, and force only as a last resort. Or maybe the contradiction about being magically bound to feel positive about his condition but still opposed to it being inflicted on others, is now starting to take root in his mind and will lead to further developments.

And now we know Wanda is indeed intending to decrypt Jillian and make her the ultimate submissive for all time, negotiations be damned. I have wracked my brain trying to decide whether Wanda has any genuine feelings for her, and this doesn't exactly support that. But then, Wanda IS twisted enough to take violent control over someone she potentially cares about. I guess I'll just have to see how the "parlay" goes. I have so been looking forward to their next meeting . . . 8-)

And I suspect "kill-and-decrypt!" is another reason why Wanda's keeping Ansom out of this fight; The failure to control Jillian when the life of a lover was on the line must be fresh in her mind.
Come to think of it, love can perform some impressive feats in Erfworld, it seems: It helped Jillian break the suggestion spell, the mere sight of her restored Jack's sanity, and now here we are, with a great many things possibly to be decided by the various powerful feelings people have for Jillian. I wonder if units have a hidden "Love Stat" :D

And really, that's a pretty impressive position to be in, for one who isn't even the main character. Go, you psycho, bisexual, conflicted barbarian queen of war!
Jeivar

Postby theseus2x » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 am

Ninjaguineapig wrote:I don't think Jack's Duty and Loyalty are really relevant. Loyalty is the score that acts against double dealing. If a unit has a Loyalty of 0, it won't turn to the first side it finds, it just wants out, and will do so when beneficial. Same with Duty. Jack's Duty may be low (unknown) but if it's beneficial for him to call Stanley, he will, regardless of Duty. Besides, his friendship with Parson goes beyond stats. If he suspects something, he'll send his mind out to Maggie (or get an archon to call her), for Parson's sake, if not for Duty.

Not sure about his friendship to Parson. Also - If Jillian couldn't make him turn, who can?
theseus2x

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm

I meant the situation at the moment. Jack is with the infantry column by the bridge, and Jillian is in Spacerock. He probably doesn't know she's there. Wanda ordered Ansom to refrain from contacting Stanley. However, once she takes to the air, there is nothing preventing him from telling Jack that Wanda leaving without him is a bad idea, and that he should alert the Tool. If Jack becomes aware that what's going on is a Bad Idea, he'll try to contact Stanley without needing any prodding, for his self-preservation, if not for Duty and friendship.
Ninjaguineapig

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:50 pm

theseus2x wrote:Not sure about his friendship to Parson. Also - If Jillian couldn't make him turn, who can?

Why MUST anyone be able to turn him? Jillian's had her chance already and failed.

And the Parson friendship thing is also a good catch, Ninjaguineapig. Ok, so it's not explicitly mentioned in the text, but the two have been sinking time together preparing combat simulations, or Jack being cryptic and Parson being confused.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby seans23 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:This isn't very definitive, but In this text update, "Caesar checked in with Bunny" while Caesar was in the field.

Caesar and Bunny have a romantic relationship. Perhaps Bunny always has a channel open for him.
seans23
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby theseus2x » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
theseus2x wrote:Not sure about his friendship to Parson. Also - If Jillian couldn't make him turn, who can?

Why MUST anyone be able to turn him? Jillian's had her chance already and failed.

And the Parson friendship thing is also a good catch, Ninjaguineapig. Ok, so it's not explicitly mentioned in the text, but the two have been sinking time together preparing combat simulations, or Jack being cryptic and Parson being confused.

Oh, I'm just saying people keep suggesting that if Jack turned, he could really @#$% Wanda up. I'm saying that until she crosses the line with Stanley (at least), he won't. And there's no reason to think anyone can make him.

As for the Parson friendship, not sure we can count on that. One of Parson's best qualities is he treats people like PEOPLE, as opposed to Stanley and Wanda. To mistreated creatures like Bogroll, Sizemore and even Maggie, that's like honey. Jack's a little bit... different.

That's my opinion, is all.
theseus2x

Previous

Return to Reactions