What are some good webcomics?

Mind if we put this first?

Re: What are some good webcomics?

Postby Foolamancer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

No lesbians, but Sam & Fuzzy is good. So is Doctor McNinja. Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal doesn't have a story, but it's about as funny as it gets. Penny Arcade is brilliantly written and illustrated, but it also has no story; it's a comic about video games. Order of the Stick is a great comic, too.

There's also one comic called Erfworld that you might have heard of...
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer

Postby Selexor » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Okay, so I have a list of webcomics in my "Favourites" dropdown. Every single comic that Foolamancer listed is on that dropdown. :D

Others from the list that you might like, leaving out those that seem to be on hiatus:
Axe Cop
Darths And Droids
Girl Genius
Least I Could Do
Looking For Group
Oglaf
Questionable Content
Scary Go Round
Wondermark
XKCD
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby Foolamancer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Ooh, Darths & Droids is a good one. You might also want to check out Freakangels.
"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Foolamancer

Postby drachefly » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 pm

If lesbians are required, the first one that springs to mind is the defunct but often funny badlydrawnkitties.com

Hmm. This is interesting. Let's see what we have. We have results all over the spectrum of exploitation of their sexuality from none to tons.

If exactly one lesbian is sufficient, there's the... also defunct 1/0 over at oneoverzero.comicgenesis.com. But it's not exactly light-hearted.

Sounds to me like Exiern.com fits your requirements pretty well, if gender-transformed male counts.

Oh, and El Goonish Shive over at egscomics.com has several lesbians, and is usually light-hearted, and almost always funny.

backwaterplanet.com has some, if xenophilia counts, but it takes a while to get there. Only intermittently light-hearted.

And there must be lesbians somewhere in Buck Godot, Zap Gun for Hire, at http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buc ... e=20070111

Arthur, King of Time and Space has several, and it's pretty light. Funnier if you know the source material at all, but you don't need to be a scholar. arthurkingoftimeandspace.com

Hitmen for Destiny! That's REALLY funny, actually. http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/ ... series.php

Curvy. It has Boringworld, instead of stupidworld. Very lighthearted, but more focused on sexy than funny. c.urvy.org

Unicorn Jelly. Not really oriented towards being funny, and it isn't lighthearted over most of its run, but awesome in its own way. unicornjelly.com

Now, if you needed gay men, that would be a challenge. EGS would also work, and AKoTaS too, and I think Curvy at least a little. Early Dinosaur comics established that T-rex and Utahraptor were once gay lovers, but they kind of dropped that. Unicorn jelly also supplies.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Return to Internet and Webcomics