Surreal fantasy - Rice Boy and Order of Tales

Mind if we put this first?

Surreal fantasy - Rice Boy and Order of Tales

Postby sixtem » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:19 am

Evan Dahm, fantastic gentlemen and comic artist, has some pretty great fantasy comics that you can read online (though I urge you to purchase a hard copy if you enjoy his work).

His two online comics, Rice Boy and Order of Tales can be read on his website: http://www.rice-boy.com/

The former is the story of the completely innocent and unwilling pawn of an ancient prophecy, Rice Boy, and his quest throughout the fantastical world of Overside. The latter is the story of Koark, the last of the tellers of tales, and his search for the greatest story never told, "The Ascent of the Bone Ziggurat."

He's a fantastic artist and writer and his comics have a very unique, fairy tale quality to them, in both story and art. I highly recommend it if you're a fan of fantasy and/or classic styles of story telling. I felt I should do my part in spreading awareness of lesser known comic artists.
sixtem

Re: Surreal fantasy - Rice Boy and Order of Tales

Postby doran » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 pm

I read this, its good.
I think someone once described it as LOTR on LSD.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby AllPurposeNerd » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 am

I love Rice Boy. I daresay I less than three Rice Boy. Thank you for reminding me about it for I have just ordered the book.
Takeoff every Sig. You know what you do.
AllPurposeNerd
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Updog » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:44 am

I love Evan Dahms work, been following him since day 1, don't forget he's posted some Tales of Overside short stories in his extras section
Updog

Return to Internet and Webcomics