Jillian's Eyes

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

Jillian's Eyes

Postby Orange Pamplemousse » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm

I'd like to start by saying that overall I greatly enjoy the new artist's work, and don't mean in any way to disparage something I could most certainly not do myself. However, something I've noticed over the last few strips is that the upper and lower eyelid of Jillian's eyes are almost always exactly parallel. In some cases, this works very well (ex.bottom left panel), but in others, especially the last panel of today's strip, it seems to fall flat, leaving her look somewhat manic or insane. Other characters don't suffer from this (ex.panel 6). My suggestion, is simply to angle the inner side of her upper eyelid, in situations which require a cunning or predatory look.

I've modified the last panel of today's strip, in order to demonstrate what I mean by a "predatory look". All I've done is select her upper eyebrow and use gIMP's rotation tool to put it on a ~30 degree angle.

Examples of "angled eyes" in book 1: (1) (2)
Orange Pamplemousse

Re: Jillian's Eyes

Postby SteveMB » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Orange Pamplemousse wrote:in others, especially the last panel of today's strip, it seems to fall flat, leaving her look somewhat manic or insane

Maybe that's the idea....
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Suggestions/Requests