Toolbox offer

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

Toolbox offer

Postby TheCat » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 pm

It's a bit annoying that the offer to get $50 in toolbox credit was posted the day after the emailed offer to pre-order book 1 with no shipping. I already paid by PayPal when I could have renewed my toolbox and used the credit instead.
TheCat
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Toolbox offer

Postby SteveMB » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:08 am

The way it's worded, the offer appears to be an incentive for new joiners, not existing renewals.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby balder » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:48 am

EDIT: I misunderstood this post. You can still do this, TheCat. I will email you about it.
balder

Postby TheCat » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 am

Great, thanks!

I love this site :)
TheCat

Postby Knott » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

I was planning on taking advantage of the offer, but the page demands a PayPal-account. Your store mentions that PayPal is not needed for store purchases.
I've never liked PayPal, and with resent events that's not going to change any time soon. So I'm wondering if there exists an alternative?
Knott
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Wayne » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:54 pm

It takes you to a pay pal run page, but you don't need a Paypal account.

Follow the weblink for the toolbox signup: http://www.erfworld.com/toolbox-signup/

See image below for further instructions.

Click_Here.gif
Click_Here.gif (12.39 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Wayne
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby TheCat » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:03 am

That option still processes your credit card via PayPal.
TheCat

Postby Wayne » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:04 am

True, but his post said:
Knott wrote:.....the page demands a PayPal-account. Your store mentions that PayPal is not needed for store purchases.

The purchase doesn't demand a paypal account. Yes, it processes through paypal, but Knott didn't phrase it that way and I thought Knott might have just missed the link. Hopefully we'll hear back with clarification.
Wayne
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Knott » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 pm

PayPal clearly discriminates between us; yourincarnation of the page says "Check out using PayPal" while my incarnation of it says "Choose a Payment Method".
And my options are only "I already have a PayPal account" and "I need to create a PayPal account". And no matter which one I choose there is no link to bypass the demand of a PayPal account. This discrimination is making me like PayPal even less...

I found "sponsored membership" in the Erf-Store, maybe that works out better (if I'm able to "sponsor" myself that is).
EDIT: Buying through the store took me directly to paying with a credit card and no extra fuzz.

[SUGGESTION]: Provide normal memberships through the store as well.
Knott

Postby Wayne » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:02 am

Very strange. I just tried again and got that same message that it requires a Paypal account.

I'm using the same browser and new user name both times.
I am on my laptop instead of my desktop, and I'm in another state for a business trip.
I don't know if it's the different network or the different computer.

I have no idea why, but I'll try to remember to check with this same laptop when I'm home next week (before the 15th when the offer ends) and see what happens. It doesn't solve your problem, but I'm curious why there are different results.
Wayne
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 am

This experiment conducted using my same home network. Note that Firefox is my primary browser, and I very rarely use IE. I flush the cookies for both (with the exception of Yahoo and Google cookies) regularly.

- Desktop computer, Windows 7 and Firefox: I have the option to use a credit card.
- Desktop computer, Windows 7 and IE 8: Insists on a Paypal account.

- Laptop computer, Windows XP and Firefox: Insists on a Paypal account.
- Laptop computer, Windows XP and IE 8: Insists on a Paypal account.

You could try flushing your cookies and trying again and hoping to get lucky.

There are many reports online about how people using different browsers are offered different deals....but this one makes no sense. The price is always the same. It just affects *how* you pay.

I've seen some spam posts get deleted so I know the board admins are at least checking in, and there's been no reply from them. You can also try using the customer service form to contact Mr. Balder directly.
Wayne
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Return to Suggestions/Requests