Wiki Spamming

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

Wiki Spamming

Postby Haplo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:41 am

The erf wiki is being overwhelmed with spammers.
Suggest disabling new signups until a better long term solution can be found.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6748 ... awiki-spam ?
Haplo
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Wiki Spamming

Postby 0beron » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 pm

This suggestion, just like all other great suggestions before it, will likely be ignored by Rob and company. In a sense I understand why, because I assume they don't want to spend effort fixing something that is simply going to be replaced by the new website. On the other hand however, given it's development history (or rather lack thereof) so far, I seriously don't hope to ever even see this new website before I'm in an old folks home lol -_-

On the flip side, the wiki is fairly lackluster anyway and receives very little input. I tell myself that is just because the spambots and such have discouraged people from investing effort in it, so it's probably just a vicious cycle of apathy. So in my old age when we have that new website and I have nothing better to do than gnaw on prunes, I'll come back and write the entire wiki from scratch as I do a page-by=age re-read of the full 20 Books of Erfworld lol.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Re: Wiki Spamming

Postby Namegduf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:00 pm

I did some adjustments in February which seem to be working stably so far, and have also purged the bulk of the spam. Apologies this took so long to get to.

Old page content will be migrated when we do move to the new website, so don't worry about losing stuff added in the meantime.
Namegduf
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions/Requests