Forum text game - Lords of Creation [Over(see last page)]

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Forum text game - Lords of Creation

Postby Crovius » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:13 pm

The northeastern islands surge with the divine power as the island are surrounded by large barrier reefs. The edges of the islands turn to sand, and the flatlands grow into fertile grassland. The many animals populate the reefs and waters surrounding the isles and the grasslands too are filled with beasts.

3 motes for the reefs, 2 motes for the beaches, 1 mote for the grasslands, 1 mote to populate the grasslands, and 2 points to populate the reefs and surrounding waters witha bundant life. Total of 9 points spent.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Daemonwelsh, we aren't making sentient races until at least the end of this week, probably not until the end of week two.

Also a note on what everyone's immortal cna percive. Each point of perception give a gneral sense of their surroundings similar to the most perceptive human. Higher points allow sensing things going on beyond your senses. For example, Daemon and Sin are too far apart to be aware of what the other is up to. They can travel there surely (traveling anywhere in the world does not take long for any immortal.) but won't know something was happening until they arrived or if another immortal told them.

Daemon, I'll rate your race, but honestly they are a lot more powerful than an average race so they are gonna be expensive. I can tell you right now 5 motes of power is not enough. (5 motes is enough to make something like a drow or teifling. Your guys seem stronger than that.) So even if we were making races, as they are right now you can't afford them.
Crovius

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:43 pm

just putting a new post in here to say my Immortal is done, if we have room for it, it was edited into my page one post.
turbler

Postby Daemonwelsh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by Daemonwelsh on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Daemonwelsh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Thats fine. Just note that I am going to be putting all of my power into them for a while. Please note, that peace can be achieved through war, and that my race does not excrete waste, but will instead digest all parts of their meal.

Then I will spend my other power motes on flushing out the environment in which they will live.

Inside the mountains a race of cattle like creatures reside. these Ant-like creatures will roam the caverns, feeding on fungus, fish, and other animals. When they have collected enough mass, they attach themselves to the ceilings of the cavern and convert part of the mass into eggs, and the other part into a honey like liquid. Each Creature of these dies during the conversion process, and the eggs become self containing units, which use the honey like liquid to shield themselves from predators, and surprisingly enough do not feed on the liquid when they hatch. The liquid is quite nutritious and can sustain a being though its entire life by merely feeding on it and nothing else. Each of these creatures lives about a month before entering into its death, which lasts about a week from start to egg hatching.

The fungus inside the cavern grows at an extremely fast rate, in part due to its high nutritious value. The baths which surround the eggs of the cattle creatures are one of the best places for new colonies of this fungus to grow upon.
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Name: Solaris Lunerus

Concept: After the last great war, a small group of highly intelligent and well educated scholars ally themselves to ensure one would never happen again. The group was composed of a biologist, planar expert, machinist, and an occultist cabalist. Over the course of many years and hard work, the project was declared unsuccessful, and was thus abandoned. The Mechanical skeleton was left to the whims of the cabalist, Lunerus. She later animated the construct, and bent it to her will, causing it to hunt down and destroy her enimies and competition. She would constantly imbue the machine with a higher and higher sense of existece to increase its effectiveness for the tasks she would assign to it. However, that was her mistake, for over the course of her enchantments she gave the construct sentience, that would only grow stronger and more aware with each imbuing. More time passed, and Lunerus began to lessen the use her pet project, and soon after, completely ignored it. After only a year of not receiving tasks, the construct, of its own accord, asked the cabalist for a task, for it had achieved self aware sentience. It believed that without having a task to complete, its existence was nil. Dumbstruck by the awareness the construct had achieved, Lunerus ordered two things of the construct; One, he was now to refer to himself has Solaris, and two, was to cater to her every whim and ensure her happiness everlasting. Content and purposeful, he fufilled his task dutifully. During one of her many gaelic incantations, Solaris mistranslated the verse '...And wish, above all beings United, Shall come forth as the Master and Commander, he of the Sun and Moon, Earth and Sky, and Elemental Potence, to rule for he whom shall serve...' into '...For I wish, for he of the Sun and Moon, Earth and Sky, and Elemental Potence, to come forth as the Master and Commander, and unite all beings for whom he shall then serve...'. This misinterpretation of the verse brought about a new task Solaris believed to be assigned to him to ensure Lunerus' everlasting happiness. On the next morn, he set out to learn all he could about all things existing, so that he may seek to accomplish his goal. over the next ten years, he contacted all the members of the old alliance that set to create him. Now a Perfect representation of all their expectations, the newly constructed Solaris set out to complete the task ahead, and will begin within the setting of the new world. Now a composition of a Biomolecular fleshcoat spliced from all the races of the old world and a Interskeletel structure composed of an otherworldly metal known as valence (The wieght of Mithral with the strength of Adamantine Alloy) and enchanted with a fully aware sentience, Solaris Lunerus begins to expand his domain and sphere of influence on those who exist, seeking to ensure the perfection of a harmonius dissonence.
Personality: No Nonsense and goal oriented, entirely devoid of a conscience, fully aware of his abilities and ensures he knows that of everone else as well. Short version: Calm, Collect and Calculative. Never takes action without considering every possible option.

Appearance: Solaris looks like an extremely attractive humanoid, of which he can take any form, to his subjugates and fellow immortals, but when truely injured one may catch a glimpse of his inner mechanical engineering.

Divine Rank: 1
Power: 1
Potence: 3
Presence: 1
Perception: 3

Symbols: Merely the flow of energy in the universe symbolizes Solaris' existance. He favors elemental and biological attacks, especially in spell form, being a master caster himself. His favored weapon is the great paired Macedonian Falcata of the Old World, for he favors the grace for which it flows in combat.
Last edited by Bakuvii Manaquii on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 am

tubler, your guy is approved.

Bakuvii, love the backstory. I'm a sucker for detailed stories :mrgreen: Approved

Daemon, 2 motes for the cattle-things and the fungus.
Crovius

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 am

Awsome, so I have a couple questions for you, Mr GMsicle.
1. How many Power Motes would it take for Solaris to create his own plane of existence, that can be reached and accessed by anyone who would like to reach it, as long as they are deemed worthy by his Morality. The entire plane would be composed of a dense yet malleable energy compound, with a marble cathedral who's walls would reach higher than the clouds, allowing the atmosphere to effect the inside of its boundaries. There would be no solid floor, for the entirety of the surface of the plane is highly fertile soil. And any mundane item or object can be made merely by a thought, even a thought of a visitor.
2. How many Power Motes are required to upgrade around ten times, please list how many Power Motes required per level. I wish to increase a few of my key stats.

On a side note, Solaris fights much differently from many, as he will study your movements and actions for the beginning of the match and later apply his perceived knowledge of your abilities in combat, immediately catering himself to your weaknesses and avoiding your strengths. He is quite capable of applying a minimal amount of force to cause massive damage and internal decay, especially towards biological lifeforms. He is not very strong but excessively fast of body and mind, he perceives time in the milliseconds, finding a single second to be nearly a year. His abilities do include moving so fast that he seems to be in multiple places at once, even to other deities and immortals.

P.S. Small change made to Solaris' Personality traits.
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 am

Well firstly creating your own plane would require a Divine rank of 5, then how many motes it takes to create is all dependent on how large it is in comparison to the current world, as you have to spend as many motes of power as if you were changing the entire world. So, a lot. Probably about 20 for a DR 5 with a Power and Potence of at least 4 each.

To increase stats with motes of power, simply add the current level of the power to the next level it will be and spend that many motes. Increasing your Divine Rank by spending Motes equals your current rank plus all your stats, plus 1. Its costly because your speeding your growth beyond what it should be (basically speeding up time around yourself so it is as if you've existed for longer than you really have). So to get DR 2 before the end of week 2 would take, right now, 10 motes of power.

To balance this, at each new rank you can create a minor artifact and designate something that it makes easier to do. And every 5 ranks a major artifact that can be used for some awesome stuff.

This is the beta test of course so we ca work out more detaisl as we go along.
Crovius

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am

Alright, so if I did increase my rank, would I still gain another at the end of the two weeks?

The plane would be only as large as those who reside in it require, it caters to the their needs.

Artifacts. Are they limited to the exterior of the Immortal, or can they be inserted into their corporeal or even incorporeal beings? And what powers are they limited to (Like can you have ones that increase your Power Mote regeneration?)?
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 am

Bakuvii Manaquii wrote:Alright, so if I did increase my rank, would I still gain another at the end of the two weeks?

The plane would be only as large as those who reside in it require, it caters to the their needs.

Artifacts. Are they limited to the exterior of the Immortal, or can they be inserted into their corporeal or even incorporeal beings? And what powers are they limited to (Like can you have ones that increase your Power Mote regeneration?)?

Increase of rank is automatic regardless if you force your increase, because 2 weeks still pass, you just sped it up so you level up twice. But the cost goes up by... 3 I think (1 for DR increase, and 2 for stats increase).

A plane that changes size would cost more actually. Give me a max, how big CAN it get? That gives me a nice idea of the roof of pricing range.

Artifacts are approved case by case. An artifact that gave you an extra 2 motes is an ok minor artifact, but you can't have another artifact that does the same thing. An artifact that gave you an extra 6 motes would be a major artifact. Minor artifacts can give a +1 to one stat, major could give +3 to one stat, or +1 to two stats. Really Artifacts are creative liberty, they cna be external objects that can be exchanged, they cna be unique minor "beings" that accompany the immortal, or they can become part of the immortal. Sometimes this cna have story results, say two immortals battle and one takes the other's eye. Upon reaching the next rank the immortal who lost the eye crafts a minor artifact that will give him a +1 to his perception.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 am

I think he means something like regenerating motes like, once a day for every mote you expended you get x back or something.

And on the same line, is it possible to create an artifact using motes?
Is it possible to create an artifact which steals motes from other immortals?
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:04 am

Getting motes for spending them doesn't work. And stealing would involve some kind of conflict (does not have to be just martial combat). In most cases the Overdiety may 'reward' an immortal for beating another. I'll probably have the overdiety arrive before the senteint races are made to speak to his children.

Keep that in mind, they are essentially brought here by his will. Regardless of where they're from.

Artifacts that generate motes from nothing supposedly gather es=xcess divine energy from the world or from the overdiety and condense it.
Crovius

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 am

-Deleted-
Last edited by Bakuvii Manaquii on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Azgrut » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 am

Zorëa takes a glance at the great landmass to the south east. She has desires to do great things with this land. After she declares the land hers, she notices how big it is. No immortal could manipulate this easilly. Not even her, with the amount of power she can manipulate with her great potence. Therefore she uses a great amount of her motes to increase her divine rank first. Knowing that this will not be a minor feat, she first travels to great hights, to great that her manipulation will not influence the world and thus not drain her of powers. Until she reached the height where the world was in her perception nothing more then a small marble, she twist the fabrics of space and time around herself. She creates a bubble in which time would flow faster. In space, she manipulated only her own mass to not waste energy. After a time which seemed like an eternity for her, she understood now how not the world and its sun was connected, but how fine the system was that the omniscient created for his children. She understood that the worlds they now manipulated themselves have been manipulated for billions of years by the great creator. When she looked around with new knowledge, she understood how the marble below her was influenced by the other marble, the one that generated heat and was called its sun. It moved around it but by doing so, the sun itself moved. Everything was connected and suddenly she felt small. She tried to look even further but her sences, even the enhanced sences of her new divine rank, were not enough to percieve the massive space that they were in. She suddenly understood. The omniscient, the overdeity, was more then any immortal knew. He was more then an immortal was to the smallest insect they could create. Even the most powerfull immortal would not be able to create even the tinyest representable of the vast amount of creation the great overdeity has created. The system was clear to her though and even though she was struck in awe by the amount of creation, she traveled back to the world where the other immortals created. As a great comet of fire she flew from space towards the land she wanted. She wished to create a species in her own immage like the overdeity probably created his own immortals to his own image. For this, loads of manipulations have to be achieved. Some she could barely do on her own...

With this in mind, she starts. With only a small amount of motes left but woth great potence she creates. In the south east of her claimed landmass she starts to build the seeds of civilisation as she plans it. She raises mountains and create valleys. Great rivers flow from the mountains to the seas. She planned to create lots of unitellectual fish (salmon) in the are vast amounts of water but she notice how she lacks the motes to do so. The mountain tops are so high that they are covered with snow what in summer will melt partially to create new water for the rivers. In hot summers the rivers will pass over their Borders and thus create fertile land. So much she wanted to achieve, but only so little motes to do it...

P.s: Now I have increaced my rank. Is creating an artifact free? or does that still cost motes? In other words, does gaining rank gives you an artifact or just the ability to create one?

And: Zorea's new stats (since you get 4 abbilities each DR right?)

Divine rank: 2 (1+1)
Potence: 6 (4+2)
Presence: 2
Perception: 3 (1+2)
Symbolics: Zorëa is symbolised by a birds head holding an eye in its beak. The eye is looking forward.
Azgrut

Postby Sinrus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:11 am

Crovius, I don't think you ever rated my action. But with any power I have left I want to deepen the sea to the south-east of my island chain.
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:16 am

Ok, so 10 motes to increase DR, and you get the minor artifact for free, pm me for more details. Also I forget to mention, sorr,y you start with an artifact for your DR 1. So you can make 2 artifacts. And yes, they are free.

Also, you only gain 2 points every DR, then at DR 4 and every 4 after you gain 1 in every stat automatically. So thats only +1 to potence and perception.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:17 am

Sinrus wrote:Crovius, I don't think you ever rated my action. But with any power I have left I want to deepen the sea to the south-east of my island chain.

I posted at the top of the page. You spent 9 motes in all. you have 3 motes left. if you spend all of them, thats a decent amount of ocean.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 am

In that case: New statts are:

Divine rank: 2 (1+1)
Potence: 6 (4+2)
Presence: 2
Perception: 1
Symbolics: Zorëa is symbolised by a birds head holding an eye in its beak. The eye is looking forward.

artafacts are comming up.
Azgrut

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 am

My artifact has the following effect, and it is in the form of a Small Gem, kept inside my body. The Gem in question is no larger than a piece of rock salt.

For all other immortals not in my pantheon, actions to influence their creatures cost +1 motes
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games