Forum text game - Lords of Creation [Over(see last page)]

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Forum text game - Lords of Creation

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Solaris gazes into the sky, waiting for the last of the immortal beings to arrive. 'So few remain to join us, I hope they are quick in their coming, I do waver in anticipation.' Solaris flexes his entire body, and the light around him grows brighter, pulsating with his every breath. 'They seem to be enjoying the show that Parasite has developed for them, so petty, though I must confide, entertaining.' He continues to gaze into the distant lands, the world at large flooding his mind with sensory stimuli. He welcomes it, learning from it, understanding all that he perceives. 'Perhaps I need not remain here, I could hunt them down myself, and bring them here...Unnecessary, the Omniscient will guide them to me. His will be done, the day will soon come to pass.'

Solaris ponders the Omniscient's purpose again for why they must gather. Coming again to no other conclusion, he breathes deeply. He holds the air in his lungs and savors its flavor. He expels it violently, creating an aurorae in the night sky. It glitters and shines all colors of the light spectrum. He repeats the process a few times, until the sky is lit up entirely by aurora. Admiring the sheer beauty of his work for a few moments, he leers upon them. He then taps into the powers vested within his inscriptions, bending the aurora to his will. He circles them around the sky, the wind shifting as he increased their speed. With a wave of his hand, the aurora spiral downward into his hand, each becoming a rotating sphere similar to those that encircle his body already. These spheres however, rotate much more violently and emit bright color. there are 13 of them in total. Each revolving around his right wrist.

Suddenly, as if by reflex, he causes the spheres of light orbiting his body to become larger hexagonal plates, interlocking to create a convex circular plate, protecting him from collateral damage caused by a flame attack from the fight below him. He snickers at the weakness of the attack, as the hexagonal plates detach and resume their form once more, and encompass his body. He walks forward, nothing but air below his feet. his mail rings harmoniously, their dissonant sounds rhyming ever so reverberantly. He stops, a kilometer from the peak, hovering many kilometers from the ground below. 'A perfect place to practice without calamity.' He stills one of the encircling spheres above his right hand. He focuses on it, speeding up the molecular makeup of the densified light. The air around it heats up rapidly, turning a blue hue in response to the extreme heat. The air ignites, a bluish green flame covering every millimeter of surface area on the sphere. Solaris rotates the ball around his hand, testing its validity. Nodding in approval, he begins to rotate the sphere around his body, not like the others, but if it was attached to a string on his hand. When it reaches the farthest point from his body he wills the spheres' explosion. The result was not as expected. The explosion grew far greater than he anticipated, igniting the air around it, enlarging the blast radius. The fire rushed outward, nearly two kilometers in diameter, engulfing everything it touches. Without warning, it stops expanding, then rapidly retreats backward unto itself. The air rushes back to fill the void left by the explosion, causing a vortex for a short period of time. The air stills as the void is filled, resuming the light breeze it had before. 'Interesting reaction...' Solaris thought as he examined the area for possible collateral damage, which none had occurred. 'I will need a new place of practice, the chance of accidental damage is too high here, and I must not harm the fragile textures of the surrounding ecosystems.' Solaris teleported back to where he stood before, again waiting for the other immortals to arrive. 'Perhaps that will catch their attention, and their curiosity will guide them to me...'
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Connecting his thoughts to Solaris, the Parasite gave him both a view at the combat below, and a message. "Perhaps the rest of our guests should be collected. As I understand it, There is more to this than simple entertainment."
Daemonwelsh

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:40 am

'Indeed, my friend. More are coming, I guarantee it. I although do wonder how long the remainder will take to arrive, perhaps if they would allow it, I could retrieve them. But, this could only be done if they willed it, for their locations are not currently known by me. If they alert me however, I will bring them here.'

Solaris continues to gaze into the distance searching for a sign as to collect the remaining Immortals.
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Azgrut » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:00 am

"It shall be the spiritual leader of my people. But infused with divine powers it will stand the tides of time. Her coming shall mean the technological advances for my people. I am happy you accepted for otherwise it would be Teserath to father her."

With these words Zoreä steps closer. "This will not cost you motes. Just a fraction of spirit."

Unless Lux suddenly disagrees there will be a scene I will not write down in detail...

Ill await Sinrus' reply. After that Zoreä will probably go to the arena.
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 am

(Parasite, When did you make these warriors? Those guys would EACH be CR 7s, just so you know. I don't recall them being included in the origional price. I mean, if we compare the two creatures, you'd win on math alone... oh wait, but my Gibbering Mouther isn't D&D cannon :mrgreen: Anyway, sure they can do what you mentioned, but if they can do it so often, it's gonna count as a ranged attack. If it's a magic attack, then the Gibbering Mouther gets a Reflex save. I'll post it's stats:

Spoiler: show
Size/Type: Medium Aberration
Hit Dice: 8d8+ 48 ( hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 40 ft.
Armor Class: 23 (+3 Dex, +10 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
Attack: Bite +7 melee (3) or spittle +7 ranged touch (1d6 acid plus blindness)
Full Attack: 6 bites +7 melee (3) and spittle +7 ranged touch (1d6 acid plus blindness)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Gibbering, spittle, improved grab, blood drain, swallow whole, ground manipulation
Special Qualities: Amorphous, damage reduction 5/bludgeoning, darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 22, Int 5, Wis 18, Cha 18
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +14, Swim +12
Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Finesse, Endurance, Diehard
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 9-16 HD (Large)

Gibbering (Su)
As soon as a mouther spots something edible, it begins a constant gibbering as a free action. All creatures (other than mouthers) within a 60-foot spread must succeed on a DC 18 Will save or be affected as though by an insanity spell for 1d4 rounds. This is a sonic mind-affecting compulsion effect. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected by the same gibbering mouther’s gibbering for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based. Special: After exposire to the Gibbering three times within the span of a week, insanity lasts for 1d10 hours.

Spittle (Ex)
As a free action every round, a gibbering mouther fires a stream of spittle at one opponent within 30 feet. The mouther makes a ranged touch attack; if it hits, it deals 1d6 points of acid damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 20 Fortitude save or be blinded for 1d6 rounds. Eyeless creatures are immune to the blinding effect, but are still subject to the acid damage. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, a gibbering mouther must hit with a bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Swallow Whole (Ex)
The gibbering mouther can attempt to swallow a grappled opponent of Medium or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. (The gibbering mouther doesn’t actually “swallow” the opponent—it engulfs it within its amorphous form—but the effect is essentially the same.) Once inside, the gibbering mouther can use its blood drain ability. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 10 points of damage to the gibbering mouther (same AC).

The gibbering mouther’s body can hold 1 Medium, 2 Small, 8 Tiny, 32 Diminutive, or 128 Fine creatures.

Blood Drain (Ex)
A swallowed opponent automatically takes 1d6 points of Constitution damage each round.

Ground Manipulation (Su)
At will, as a standard action, a gibbering mouther can cause stone and earth in all adjacent squares to become a morass akin to quicksand. Softening earth, sand, or the like takes 1 round, while stone takes 2 rounds. Anyone other than the mouther in that area must take a move-equivalent action to avoid becoming mired (treat as being pinned).

Amorphous (Ex)
A gibbering mouther is not subject to critical hits. It cannot be flanked
)
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 am

[quote="Azgrut"]" I am happy you accepted for otherwise it would be Teserath to father her."
[quote]

(Why is that such a bad thing? How many people can say "Yeah, my dad's the Grim Reaper"?)
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 am

((its a touch attack. It is said in the actual spell that summon flames can be used either as a normal touch attack, or as a 120ft ranged touch attack with no penalties. I posted it all in there, and I SAID that you needed to look it all over because they were a different species...

And even if its a magic attack, there are no saves....

here is the spell in full:
Produce Flame Evocation [Fire]
Level: Drd 1, Fire 2
Components: V, S
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: 0 ft.
Effect: Flame in your palm
Duration: 1 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

Flames as bright as a torch appear in your open hand. The flames harm neither you nor your equipment.

In addition to providing illumination, the flames can be hurled or used to touch enemies. You can strike an opponent with a melee touch attack, dealing fire damage equal to 1d6 +1 point per caster level (maximum +5). Alternatively, you can hurl the flames up to 120 feet as a thrown weapon. When doing so, you attack with a ranged touch attack (with no range penalty) and deal the same damage as with the melee attack. No sooner do you hurl the flames than a new set appears in your hand. Each attack you make reduces the remaining duration by 1 minute. If an attack reduces the remaining duration to 0 minutes or less, the spell ends after the attack resolves.

This spell does not function underwater. ))
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 am

(Ok, just checking. Too late now for me to complain. And your guys still have to overcome its insanity and avoid being hit by the acid spit. Being able to fly does give them an avantage since its 1 vs 5)
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Ill start doing the combat. Check the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1236
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Awesome. Just remember, it doesn't die until it hits -10, until that point it keeps fighting. Also, don't forget it can turn even the rock around it into a quciksand like substance, and just sink in there if the ants decide to be all cheap and just throw little fireballs at it.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Crovius wrote:
Azgrut wrote:" I am happy you accepted for otherwise it would be Teserath to father her."

(Why is that such a bad thing? How many people can say "Yeah, my dad's the Grim Reaper"?)

OOC: I can't seem to remember what it's called, but there's some comic about a son of Grim Reaper that used to be in newspapers... But the point is, his life was pretty ****ed up. There were some other unnatural kids in it too, there was a girl named Pandora and these two babies whose heads were massive and fused together... whatever. I don't think Zorea wishes that life upon her child.

After a scene which is not to be described, Lux takes off for the land of Solaris and Parasite.
Sinrus

Postby Azgrut » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:01 pm

After the not to be described scene, Zorea waits an sees Lux take of in the distance. She thinks for a moment, pondering on what might happen at that tournament. She then shakes her head and takes off with her massive wings. Flying towards this tournament spot.

After a small amount of time, she arives.
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Teserath watches in silence as one example of his most recent creations battles against five of the warriors of Parasit'es Ant people. If not for the Mouther's insanity causing powers and blinding acid spit, two of the soliders would likely eb able to take the Mouther down without either falling. But It's special abilities seemed to help even the odds, since five Ant Warriors is a lot stronger than five warriors from the other races.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 pm

The Parasite watched as the Gibbering Mouther ate one of his ants. It seemed that the vile thing had caused one of the five to go insane, before it to had been eaten. With interest, The Parasite watched the match, as it became what amounted to a single target slugging it out with another target, who had fire support. An interesting even, as Teserath had built fantastical creatures who would continue to combat the Ants. When the beast had been slew, the 3 sane ants surrounded their insane brethren, and slew him. The Gem that was embedded into his and the fallen ant were removed from their respective corpses, and brought to the Parasite. The Parasite slid them away from sight, and the three returned to their places, grief upon them. Other combatants entered, and the Parasite turned to Teserath.

"It seems that numbers do bring an advantage. It was an exquisite specimen, and I thank you for allowing it to combat. As a token take one of these."
The Parasite handed him a gem, and then turned to Ka.
"And one for you, to remember this combat."

The Parasite returned to his previous position, and spoke once more into the mind of Solaris.

"I believe that we may not wait much longer. Ka has things to do, and so does teserath."
Daemonwelsh

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 am

'Everyone must be present, we cannot begin untill they have all arrived.'
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Daemonwelsh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:00 am

"Then one of us must gather the others."

Leaving the area for the immortals, the Parasite went to a group of workers. They sat, waiting for orders to do combat, each had volunteered for this, and each was willing to fight and die should they need to. Instead the Parasite relayed orders to them. "Spread across the world and find the other immortals. Bring them here. If you cannot find them within a reasonable amount of time, return here."

The ants took flight and left, and the Parasite stood in their place, to do combat with the next being to enter the ring.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 am

Teserath nodded, willing the corpse to him.

"It was a great test. And that was against a single Mouther. The other specimens are heading to the deepest parts of the earth, they lie in wait. They are much better ambushing prey. Imagine what would have happened if your ants were undergorund, confined to the tunnels, ambushed... And not elite soldiers. Anyway, I'll think up some more monstrosities to challenge. AH! I have one."

He grins and grabs one of his ribs, tossing it out inot the arena. It lands with a thud and twitches then starts to alter, reshaping and morphing into a monstrous shape. It rose up as a monstrous humanois shape, and Teserath releases a soul towards it. It's open ribcage has several ribs extended in long spikes. It's lower jar is larger than normal and as the soul nears it it breathes in, sucking in the soul. It's chest writhes and the soul seems to appear, scremaing and trpaped inside it. The creature has a dark aura around it, and roars as it awakens into un-life.

"It is called a Devourer. It is... not of the living. It wanders wastelands, its presence causes even soemthing like the mighty sandworms to avoid it. It hunts down souls, eating them, and feeding off their essence. I keep several on the moon, they act as a punishment for evil souls, though they are intelligent and I do not doubt some will escape. It's close ties to sousl allow it to manipulate magic, making it highly resistant to spellcasters, and many spells designed to quickly deal with such an abomination will hit the soul instead of the devourer. You might want more than 5 warriors this time. That produce flame spell won't do much good on this creature."

The devourer roars and stalks the arena. The sandworm ahd beaten the karaken, it now fled from the Devourer.

Spoiler: show
Size/Type: Large Undead (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 12d12 (78 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 24 (-1 size, +15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+19
Attack: Claw +15 melee (1d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 claws +15 melee (1d6+9)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Energy drain, trap essence, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., spell deflection, spell resistance 21, undead traits
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +11
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 10, Con Ø, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 17
Skills: Climb +24, Concentration +18, Diplomacy +5, Jump +24, Listen +18, Move Silently +15, Search +10, Sense Motive +11, Spot +18, Survival +3 (+5 following tracks)
Feats: Blind-Fight, Combat Casting, Combat Expertise, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (claw)
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 11
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 13-24 HD (Large); 25-36 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Devourers lurk on the Ethereal Plane and the Astral Plane, stalking both natives and travelers with equal sadistic glee.
A devourer is about 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds.
Devourers speak Common.
Combat
Even if it had no special abilities, a devourer would be a terrible opponent, for its bony claws can flay enemies alive.
Energy Drain (Su)
Living creatures hit by a devourer’s claw attack or spectral hand ability gain one negative level. The DC is 19 for the Fortitude save to remove a negative level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Trap Essence (Su)
The devourer is named for its ability to consume an enemy’s life essence. To do so, it must forgo its normal melee attacks and make a trap essence attack. This requires a normal attack roll but deals no damage. The save DC is Charisma-based. A slain creature’s essence is trapped within the devourer’s ribs, and the tiny figure takes on that victim’s features. The trapped essence cannot be raised or resurrected, but a limited wish, miracle, or wish spell frees it, as does destroying the devourer. A devourer can hold only one essence at a time.

The trapped essence provides a devourer with enough power to use five spell-like abilities for each Hit Die or level of the trapped creature. As this energy is expended, the twisted soul fades away until it evaporates completely. The trapped essence gains one negative level for every five times the devourer uses one of its spell-like abilities. When the essence’s number of negative levels equals the creature’s total Hit Dice or level, the essence is destroyed. If an essence is freed, the restored creature must succeed on a DC 19 Fortitude save for each negative level or lose that level permanently.

Spell-Like Abilities
At the start of any encounter, the trapped essence within a devourer is assumed to have 3d4+3 levels (enough fuel for thirty to seventy-five uses). Once per round, a devourer can use one of the following abilities: confusion (DC 17), control undead (DC 20), ghoul touch (DC 15), lesser planar ally, ray of enfeeblement, spectral hand, suggestion (DC 16), true seeing. Caster level 18th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Spell Deflection (Su)
The trapped essence provides a measure of magical protection. If any of the following spells are cast at the devourer and overcome its spell resistance, they affect the imprisoned essence instead: banishment, chaos hammer, confusion, crushing despair, detect thoughts, dispel evil, dominate person, fear, geas/quest, holy word, hypnotism, imprisonment, magic jar, maze, suggestion, trap the soul, or any form of charm or compulsion. In many cases, this deflection effectively neutralizes the spell. Some of these effects might eliminate the trapped essence, depriving the devourer of its spell-like abilities until it can consume another victim.

Costs 4 motes
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:44 am

Hmm... New blood, it apears may be neccesary in this.

The Parasite drew on his power to re-enpower the gems of the Ants. Their old effects were empowered and replaced.

old Spell Gems:
Amber Jump
Amethyst Calm Animals
Aquamarine Cure Light Wounds
Diamond Color Spray
Emerald Summon Nature’s Ally I
Jacinth Shocking Grasp
Jade Doom
Jet Ray of Enfeeblement
Pearl Sleep
Quartz Magic Missile
Ruby Produce Flame
Sapphire Expeditious Retreat
Topaz Hypnotism

New Spell gems:
Amber: Fly
Amethyst: Dominate Animal
Aquamarine: Cure Serious Wounds
Diamond: Rainbow Pattern
Emerald: Summon Nature's Ally V
Jacinthe: Time Stop
Jade: Acid Fog
Jet: Meteor Swarm
Pearl: Imprisonment
Quartz: Maze
Ruby: Sunburst & symbol of death (activated upon death of Ant, or with a power word: Teserath)
Sapphire: Temporal Stasis
Topaz: Dominate Monster
Daemonwelsh

Postby Daemonwelsh » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 am

A portion of the one of the colonies steps forward, in total, 130 workers. (10 of each gem type)

Gem Ant worker
Tiny Magical Beast (Earth)
HD: 2d10 (12 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft, burrow 20 ft., fly 40 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 size, +4 Dex, +2 natural, +2 deflection), touch 18, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-11
Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d4-1)
Full Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d4-1)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell gem
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, gem deflection.
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +5
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +12*, Listen +3, Spot +3
Feats: Great Fortitude
Environment: Any underground
Organization: Solitary, unit (2-4) or colony (1 queen and 20 warriors and 100 workers)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard (gem and stone only)
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: 3-5 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: --

The Parasite smiled. "It appears your beast may need help. Shall we say, 12 more?"
The Parasite settled down. He had spent himself a little bit with the empowering of the gems. He wanted to see how they would test out.

OOC: I WILL NOT DO THIS BATTLE! NOPE! NO WAY! Someone else can GM it.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:53 am

Daemonwelsh wrote:Hmm... New blood, it apears may be neccesary in this.

The Parasite drew on his power to re-enpower the gems of the Ants. Their old effects were empowered and replaced.

old Spell Gems:
Amber Jump
Amethyst Calm Animals
Aquamarine Cure Light Wounds
Diamond Color Spray
Emerald Summon Nature’s Ally I
Jacinth Shocking Grasp
Jade Doom
Jet Ray of Enfeeblement
Pearl Sleep
Quartz Magic Missile
Ruby Produce Flame
Sapphire Expeditious Retreat
Topaz Hypnotism

New Spell gems:
Amber: Fly
Amethyst: Dominate Animal
Aquamarine: Cure Serious Wounds
Diamond: Rainbow Pattern
Emerald: Summon Nature's Ally V
Jacinthe: Time Stop
Jade: Acid Fog
Jet: Meteor Swarm
Pearl: Imprisonment
Quartz: Maze
Ruby: Sunburst & symbol of death (activated upon death of Ant, or with a power word: Teserath)
Sapphire: Temporal Stasis
Topaz: Dominate Monster

Ok, spend 6 motes, that is a lot of magical abilities.
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games