Forum text game - Lords of Creation [Over(see last page)]

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Forum text game - Lords of Creation

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:19 am

Is it too late for me to play? Just in case, I'll post a profile...

Name: Ka'Arthan

Concept: Ka'Arthan is an old god. He is the last surviving immortal of the first world. All others have fallen in an end of days, but he alone has lasted from the very beginning until the present day. He known much about the Omniscient, more than any other being ever has. This knowledge is not of much interest to him, but of great interest to the god-creator himself and Ka'Arthan fears that the Omniscient will conspire against him to finally end him in this world. Ka'Arthan's secret to surviving so long was his flexibility; on each world he has created a different race, with different strengths, using different strategies. Only one thing has been constant over the countless eons: his sons have always formed a great empire.

Personality: Ka'Arthan's moods swing wildly from benefaction to obliteration at the drop of a hat. Some say that this is an effect of his incredible age, that the stress of creating worlds and the constant fear and paranoia of an Omniscient assassination has eroded his mind. If this is true then it still has quite a ways to go; despite his emotional defects he is still as clever and powerful as ever. Ka'Arthan is motivated by an intense love for his followers, as he sees them as the only allies he has against the world. Although other races recognize and occasionally give homage to him, Ka'Arthan will acknowledge them only if they interact with his chosen people. This usually constitutes war, or at least it has since his brain began to rot.

Appearance: Ka'Arthan appears in many different forms, a new one for each situation. When in battle, he is a great silhouette with a golden body, two pairs of arms one silver and one bronze, steel legs, and a black featureless head. When communing with other gods, he takes an impressive shape: a man wrapped in green snakes like a mummy in cloth, the only visible body parts being his hands, feet, and slitted purple eyes. When alone or with mortals, he takes the shape of a tall, lithe man with short black fur and asian-esque eyes. Across his body he has slashes of silver fur that end in a shape like a dragon's head and his toes are opposable. He will also sometimes take an animal form, that of a three-headed snake.

Divine Rank: 1
Power: 2
Potence: 3
Presence: 1
Perception: 2

Symbols: Ka'Arthan is often symbolized by the triple-headed snake or a winged serpent. In his temples, followers kneel before an idol of a four-armed figure in a meditative pose, despite the fact that Ka'Arthan only takes that form when in combat. His favored weapon is uncreatable by mere mortals; it is called a shia'surna, a long dagger that can be wielded in one hand and is present in all of his forms. It is special because it is made of steel mixed with water, and doesn't merely slash but rather flows through the air, bending and curving with the wind and through chink in armor but strengthening the moment it encounters flesh.
Last edited by Ehbobo on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ehbobo

Postby Ehbobo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 am

So if that's all right, here's my first turn:

Ka'Arthan wishes to begin anew. He had grown weary of the previous world; his race had developed backwards and their great empire had begun to crumble from internal fighting and corruption. Perhaps it was his fault: he had had a better idea for a race and spent his time planning for them, rather than nurturing his people. He suspected that it was the Omniscient's fault really, that he had sabotaged the species that Ka'Arthan had poured his soul into to make him grow dissatisfied. No matter, it was finally time to start again. He would begin by preparing the great western continent for habitation. He had decided that he would name it Khal'taria.

The first step must be to create towering mountains in the northeastern peninsula, steadily shrinking in size as the range moves traveled across the coast to the northwest. South of the mountain chain the continent becomes a massive plain across the entire interior, with a multitude of rives snaking across it. The southern peninsula becomes a scorched desert where few things will survive.
Ehbobo

Postby Azgrut » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Noticing that her motes of power are almost dried out, Zorëa sets her eyes to another horizon. She remembers that there were more immortals working this planet and she needs the aid of one. With this in mid, she spreads her wings and flies of in the air. Traveling with speeds that shatter the barrier of sound with ease. It is north that she travels because north is where she thought she could find the one she needed.

After a long time of manual searching. She found him. The mortal one. The one that was not directly created but he who had recieved the powers from the omniscient. She slows down to not make this seem like an attack and in her strange bird-like divine form she decents. Landing a small hundred yards away from Lux Lucis.

"I could call you brother, but I know we are not from the same creator. Although, he who created me created your creator and thus we are somewhere vaguely family." she folds her wings back.
"I have the desire to speak to you. Do you comply?"

-edit- This is a link to what I have based her on but then less evil and female like ish. http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/images/wallpaper/050108_WAR_LordofChange.jpg -/edit-
Azgrut

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:24 pm

With the remaining three motes of power, The Parasite raises a land bridge from his claimed island to the southeastern edge of the western continent, and kept it bridging to the Large Eastern Continent. The Parasite then creates underwater tunnels so that sea life is undisturbed by his actions, and molds the land bridge to be extremely hazardous to all but those with wings.

(this is what I see as having been made so far. Its done w/Jpeg so I don't really think its of high quality, just a rough version.)
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby LTDave » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Name: Den Carvos

Concept: Den Carvos was one of the fifteen Appellate Archelytes of the great Immortal Talshan. When Talshan overcame the other immortals on the world of Beth-Nahim, she elevated the Appellate Archelytes to immortal status, giving them each an opportunity to ascend to the heights of enlightenment as she had done.
Carvos was not really excited by the prospect, but was not given much of a choice. Unable to remain on Beth-Nahim, Carvos has been dispatched by the omniscient to challenge the immortals for greatness. During the rise of Talshan, Carvos was chief-minister of a great continent, and one of the key strategists in the end stages of that world’s end of days.
Carvos has one great desire: to survive the contest, and then seek the permission of the omniscient to return to mortality on a peaceful world to live out his days in simplicity.

Personality: Den Carvos is one of nature’s bureaucrats. He enjoys organisation, symmetry, and order. Generally an introvert, he prefers to be left alone, but is able to cooperate with others. One of the universe’s born assistants, Carvos is always seeking a natural ally to work with.

Appearance: Den Carvos is one of Talshan’s creations, and chooses to retain his natural form, both in appearance to mortals and his fellow immortals.
Carvos stands about seven feet tall, and is generally humanoid. His dull blue skin is vaguely luminescent in dark places, while his three legs ensure stability.

Divine Rank: 1

Power: 2

Potence: 2

Presence: 2

Perception: 2

Symbolic: The symbol of Carvos is a blue triangle.
LTDave

Postby turbler » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Xeras surveys the land, finding the Northwestern Island to be of great interest. he transforms the center of the land into a forest, complete with as diverse a population as he can manage. He makes the elevation of the land vary, with some hills, some flatlands, and some valleys. He specifically makes sure that the right half has a valley in it, which is rather large. He then determines that the little indent in the land near the top vertically but square in the middle horizontally, should be a beach of soft sands, just to allow the land to support another kind of life. He then procceeds to fill it with such life, a smile etching tiself onto his face as the little creatures begin to go about their activities. He makes a very gentle slope that gradually leads from the valley to this new beach. He procceds to craft an underground freshwater lake in the other half of the island, filling it too, with life. he then creates a subterranean tunnel, that leads to the deep valley he crafte earlier, eventually opening up at the base. He begins to feel tired after all this, and decides to entertain himself by going off to meet the other immortals. As he looks he tansforms into a Humanoid about 6'6" in height with wings mostly out of boredom. (soo yeah... that's prolly some expensive stuff right there... I hope not either way...)
turbler

Postby LTDave » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Den Carvos makes his home on the South-Eastern Island Continent, which he calls "Torlef".

He manipulates the land into a pleasing shape - there is the great volcano, "Gre Torlef", and the whole Island slopes down from it's massive sides. Gre Torlef reaches deep into the bowels of the planet, but is generally stable. There are regular bursts of gases and ash, as well as the occasional rumble. There are smaller hills, and a whole series of tiny creeks and brooks that babble and chirp as they make their way to the sea.

Carvos calls for trees and bushes, and long grasses to appear. He recalls designs for interesting beetles and bugs, and brings about tiny monkeys and colourful birds. Antelope and Deer spring in the woods, and Kangaroo and Casuary as well.

Nature must have balance, so there are some alpha-predators as well - the fierce Mizarat, a long toothed cat, with silky grey fur.

The sea around Torlef is filled with fish of all shapes and sizes.

Carvos makes his home on the eastern slope of Gre Torlef, and spends time on his first Artefact - a sceptre of strength. When complete, the sceptre will allow Crovus to generate 2 extra motes of power each season.

With his remaining power, Carvos spends some time arranging the appearance of constellations over Torlef. Proud of his animals, he draws them in the night sky - The Deer, the Antelope, the Monkey, the Kangaroo, the Casuary, and the Mizarat.

Edited to fix spelling error. Woops!

Spoiler: show
Last edited by LTDave on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Ok, anyoen else that has made a character is approved.

Ehbobo -Character approved. The mountains will cost 2, the plain 3, rivers 1, and the desert will take 2. Adding plants and animals will cost another 2 if you are making enough of an ecosystem to at least fill the plains. So thats 10 for the continent.

Daemon - With only three motes the land bridge will ony reach the first continent. It'll have tunnels and be mountainous.

LTDave - Character approved Also you named the guy Carvos, not Crovus, lol. Also, I'm hoping you mean the smaller island in the south-east. The larger landmass is claimed by Azgrut. So the points for the small island: The volcano is 3 since it takes up most of the island, the hills and rivers will be 1, the ecosystem (plants, herbivores, predators) will be 2 cause it is small area affected, the abundant fish is 1, the costly thing is gonna be the constellations. That's gonna cost 4 to make those constellations. So thats 11 total.

turbler - The specific large valley will be one because you focused on it and its size, the forests will be 1, varied land another, lots of life forms should be 2, 1 for the beach, underwater lake will be 1, so that brings up a total of 7.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Not mountainous, but made of something like obsidian, with cracks and jagged edges everywhere. And that is just fine with me.

(almost like a single expanse, that has tendrils which root it to the ocean floor, and a single inner tube which is the only safe way (safe being relative) to cross it. External and internal there would be razor edges and jagged spikes across the whole thing)
More Dakka
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:49 pm

Here is an updated version of the map. Please let me know if any locations are mixed up.

Spoiler: show
Crovius

Postby turbler » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm

the valley was supposed to go on the other side, but I like it better this way, so thanks :D
Xeras decides that he wants a tiny (as in area it covers not the mountains themselves) mountain range at the very southern tip of his island. He then realised he already considered it his island, which meant he was getting quite attached to the new world. He was alright with that. He watches as the range forms, giving it some life as well, though he couldn't make it quite as diverse as the rest of the land, seeing as the mountains themselves present some limitations. He proceeds to survey the valley he had crafted with care, making sure that it too, has life in it.
(I just realized something, according to my prior design the lake and the beach were not connected, and the path from the beach to the valley was not a tunnel, but a smooth, gently elevated hill. although I like the mirror flip, thanks :D)
turbler

Postby LTDave » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am

Den Carvos spends his last mote of energy calling some penguins, seals, leopard seals, and killer whales into the sea south of the Island Continent.

Just because.
LTDave

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 am

-Deleted-
Last edited by Daemonwelsh on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 am

turbler wrote:the valley was supposed to go on the other side, but I like it better this way, so thanks :D
Xeras decides that he wants a tiny (as in area it covers not the mountains themselves) mountain range at the very southern tip of his island. He then realised he already considered it his island, which meant he was getting quite attached to the new world. He was alright with that. He watches as the range forms, giving it some life as well, though he couldn't make it quite as diverse as the rest of the land, seeing as the mountains themselves present some limitations. He proceeds to survey the valley he had crafted with care, making sure that it too, has life in it.
(I just realized something, according to my prior design the lake and the beach were not connected, and the path from the beach to the valley was not a tunnel, but a smooth, gently elevated hill. although I like the mirror flip, thanks :D)

(I tend to take what you tell em and interpret it into a way I think makes sense and is awesome. The mountains you made are barely even enough to cost a mote of power, so for the mountain and adding life on it and the valley, we'll say just 1 mote.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 am

Nice :) I like my little beautifull yet lifeless paradise :).

Hope I have enough motes for what I am planning next week...
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:26 am

Azgrut wrote:Nice :) I like my little beautifull yet lifeless paradise :).

Hope I have enough motes for what I am planning next week...

Yeah, it pretty much cost you all your power to level up then create such a large amount of change, but since you pretty much were like "mountains, valleys, rivers, GO!" and didn't specify anything els,e your really high potence is what made it possible.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 am

Jeps. No life and thus no real big costs. I hope I can achieve life and all next week. You know my plans :P.
Azgrut

Postby Ehbobo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

I don't know if I have enough power left, but I'll give it a shot.

Ka'Arthan watched from in hiding as the Parasite passed through his lands. His mind works feverishly to unravel the implications; a plot? sent by the Omniscient? a scouting mission for planned conquest? Already their continents have been linked against his will. He must do something! He must protect his unborn people from this menace! With a wave of his four arms, Ka'Arthan calls into being the greatest creatures that ever have existed!

Have you ever read the Dune Chronicles? I want fricking sandworms! If you haven't, the wikipedia article is pretty accurate. The most important sections are the introduction, physiology, and lifecycle. I want them identical to the series except they don't produce melange.
Ehbobo

Postby Sinrus » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 am

Crovius, slight problem w/ the map. I made that entire ocean south of my islands deeper.
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Sinrus wrote:Crovius, slight problem w/ the map. I made that entire ocean south of my islands deeper.

I know, I forgot to add that. I'll make the next update tomorrow or thursday. but I really doubt anyoen is gonna mess with your deeper oceans.

Also I like how most of you guys have each claimed a different landmass, and there are still the two islands between the largest landmasses. Also, week 2 doesn't start till Sunday! So the rest of the week I encourage everyone do a bit of roleplaying with your god, maybe exploring the world. You are aware their are other immortals and know basically what general cardinal direction they are probably in, but not who it is in that direction. Yuo can tell if more than one is in a certain direction, but not how many exactly or if they are in the same place or just the same direction.

So yeah, if you've got a smatter of motes left, you can choose to spend them for some little things, or save them for rollover into next week. oh,a nd remember, more detailed creations are more expensive. That's why the large landmass in the SE cost so little, because I was given 4 basic terrains and that was it, I got to place it all randomly.
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games