Forum text game - Lords of Creation [Over(see last page)]

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Forum text game - Lords of Creation

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Ehbobo wrote:I don't know if I have enough power left, but I'll give it a shot.

Ka'Arthan watched from in hiding as the Parasite passed through his lands. His mind works feverishly to unravel the implications; a plot? sent by the Omniscient? a scouting mission for planned conquest? Already their continents have been linked against his will. He must do something! He must protect his unborn people from this menace! With a wave of his four arms, Ka'Arthan calls into being the greatest creatures that ever have existed!

Have you ever read the Dune Chronicles? I want fricking sandworms! If you haven't, the wikipedia article is pretty accurate. The most important sections are the introduction, physiology, and lifecycle. I want them identical to the series except they don't produce melange.

Yeah, I think I'll approve their 2 point cost, since they don't produce melange, and they are confined to that desert, they cna not leave it.

And thus our first exceptionally powerful non-sentient species is created. Not a race, but still.

Just FYI guys, when we do make races, 3 is the base cost for a race (a pathetic race, like generic gobbies or kobolds) so simple humans are like 4, elves dwarves and other core races from DnD are maybe 5, and then more powerful races cost more. any race nearing 15 points in worth is on the border of being exceptionally powerful beings, and probably have some big drawbacks to keep their strengths form making their cost TOO high. I decided the most a race can cost is 25 points. 20-25 range is quasi-deity stuff. My GM immortal (Teserath) is going to show what such creatures might be like when the time comes.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Lux Lucis is moderately surprised to see Zorea approach his islands. He has made his home on the Western one, Iltoma. The others, from right to left, are Therun, Gaetria, and Belinda. He has been forging himself a weapon, a minor artifact. It is an axe, double-bladed, strong, but simple. He has imbued it with the ability to increase his potency by 1 for a single action each week.

Lux is yet to learn the names and stories of the other immortals. He can sense the immortal power emanating from the bird-women, so he knows that she is a goddess of no little power. He does not, however, know that she is Zorea the peace-lover. He assumes the guise of the boar-headed man and hefts his battle-axe, growing to an astounding 12 feet.

He steps onto the water and it explodes beneath him, a typhoon swirls around his body and he ascends to the height that this odd goddess flies at.

"I could call you brother, but I know we are not from the same creator. Although, he who created me created your creator and thus we are somewhere vaguely family." she folds her wings back." She says to him. "I have the desire to speak to you. Do you comply?"

"Mighty goddess," he says in reply, "I don't know who you are. I am Lux Lucis, youngest of the gods of this new world and shaper of the Islands Ailoran and the ocean of the same name. I will speak with you, honored goddess."
Sinrus

Postby Azgrut » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm

"Your wisdom clearly shows that you are not as young as you claim and your display of might also is impressive." she nods slightly to the amassed amount of water Lux stands on. It is only then that she notices the weapon in his hand. A small moment she is in doubt. Without any remaining motes and no mundane weapons at her disposal she is vulnarable and even though she slightly knows this deity, his actions are unpredictable.

"I am Zoreä. I plan to unravel the mysteries of the overdeity and his creations in the beyond." A small moment she looks at the sky. "I have no wish for conflict. Not with you or any other of the immortals at my realms borders."

She waits a moment. Weighting the words she wants to say over others.

"Your islands are a place of beauty. I have never thought of creating so close to or in the seas. I asume you have an affinity with the oceans?"
Azgrut

Postby Ehbobo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 pm

"I need more energy!" Ka'Arthan roared in frustration as he contemplated his options. The sandworms were great and powerful, but they WEREN'T ENOUGH! If The Parasite and Xeras banded together, he would have very little chance of victory. If Den Carvos joined he would never survive. He needed a way to block them.

The means were in his hands, to begin with. His first shia'surna was to become an artifact. Yes. That would do nicely. But what should it let him do?... Ah. Of course. Knowledge is power. By slashing it through the air, it will show him what the other immortals are doing. It will show him whatever he wants to see...
Ehbobo

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 pm

The Parasite, having finished what he wanted to do with his current power, began to explore his creation, and along the land bridge where the places were not safe enough he made them safer for his chosen race, and the places which were too safe for other races he made them more dangerous. He did this by shattering parts of the land bridge, or bringing water into it and placing it where he wanted it. After deeming it truly hazardous to all beings which he could conceive as requiring it, save for his pet race, he then began exploring the world around. He first discovered a vast desert immediately outside of the land bridge, and though that he would modify parts of it at later points in time, to create a path through it. He then found a massive plain, filled with lakes and rivers crisscrossing it. He thought that this was a beautiful place, but that whomever had created it was ignorant of some of the basics of defense. This though left when he discovered the mountain range north of the plain. As that was the end of the Great Western Continent, The Parasite took to the skies once more. and began exploring the lands between the mountains and the desert.

The Parasite felt as though he was being watched by some other entity, and knew that they would attempt something costly for themselves. He opened up to the swirls of the plane through his mind's Eye, and discovered where the eddies were caught and channeled into this world. He found one such point above the desert and began heading towards it after closing his connection with the flow of divine energy. Upon arriving there he resumed his godly form, and saw a Fierce looking man, wielding an artifact. He took to the skies once more and came to sit in front of him.

His voice which emanated as though from a great distance away, yet chilled thee bones of mortals began to disclose the following question, "Greetings. Would I be correct to assume that you are the master of this Island? And what artifact is that that you wield?"

(Role playing I would prefere to do on a chatboard, and then post the transcript of it here, instead of through forum posts.
AIM: Krakklankirby
Facebook: facebook.com/daemonwelsh
Yahoo: bingobobmod@yahoo.com
)
Daemonwelsh

Postby turbler » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 pm

Xeras decides he is done with his land for now, and floats off, eventually finding Ka'Arthan. He turns into a replica of the other Immortal, and approaches him. "Well hello, good to see that there is somebody out here, after all."
turbler

Postby Ehbobo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 pm

The small one was disgusting, a mass of flesh and tentacles. Ka'Arthan remembered it as the Parasite. It was one of the false gods, he scoffed. Not created by the Omniscient, an aspirer to power it stole from true Lords of Creation. This mockery of his own armored form was little better. His artifact told him that it was Xeras, who was not meant to be a god at its creation. If there were two things that Ka'Arthan despised, they were false-gods and imposers.

Staring at these two immortals, his fears seemed to have manifested themselves. Just moments ago while reforging his shia'surna he had feared that the Parasite and Xeras might join to defeat him. Now they were together in his castle at the highest mountain of his chosen continent. He took necessary action. At least, that's how it was seen in his twisted, fragile mind.

The man serpent robes vanished, and in his place another figure rose from the ground. A four-armed man, composed of metal and darkness, grew quickly out of the floor. He thrashed his silver and bronze arms and stamped a steel foot. With his second pair of hands, he pointed at each of the intruding gods and roared:

"I am Ka'Arthan, eldest of the deities! You have invaded my palace, my home! Go! NOW! I will not forgive or forget if you disobey my will, and the punishment will be DEATH! I have outlived countless gods greater than yourselves, and I WILL OUTLIVE THE OMNISCIENT HIMSELF! Never again must you so much as CAST YOUR EYES upon my domain! THIS CONTINENT! IS! MIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!"
Ehbobo

Postby Daemonwelsh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 am

"we shall see about that little one. I have destroyed immortals beyond your age. You do not seem much of a challenge, though your worms are quite... Captivating. I think, I will reserve my judgment. Displease me and your creations are forfeit, though trust that they will not be wasted. Nor will your spark be wasted."

The parasite beckons to the other immortal to come with him to the home of The Parasite. in his mind The Parasite speaks, "it appears that our very appearance has angered him. I would suggest that you and I have further discussions, as he may attack one or the other. An alliance, or at the very least a non-aggression treaty would seem to be the smart path."
Daemonwelsh

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 am

Azgrut wrote:"Your wisdom clearly shows that you are not as young as you claim and your display of might also is impressive." she nods slightly to the amassed amount of water Lux stands on. It is only then that she notices the weapon in his hand. A small moment she is in doubt. Without any remaining motes and no mundane weapons at her disposal she is vulnarable and even though she slightly knows this deity, his actions are unpredictable.

"I am Zoreä. I plan to unravel the mysteries of the overdeity and his creations in the beyond." A small moment she looks at the sky. "I have no wish for conflict. Not with you or any other of the immortals at my realms borders."

She waits a moment. Weighting the words she wants to say over others.

"Your islands are a place of beauty. I have never thought of creating so close to or in the seas. I asume you have an affinity with the oceans?"

Lux Lucis lowers his guard slightly. Although not a worshiper of Zorea herself, he had heard legends of her while human. "Thank you, great Zorea, for your kind compliments of my realm. I lived on the sea as a man, and I was made immortal by the sea. When they come forth, my people will be of the sea and it will serve them better than it has served any race in past ages.

"What land do you come from, honored Zorea? And what did you wish to speak with me about?"
Sinrus

Postby Azgrut » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 am

"I have manipulated the continent to your south. The great landmass is turned into a land with mountains and valleys which will feed the land with fertile water what in turn will flow to the seas. It would if my problems are solved and for this, I need your help. I have a solution to prevent a possible disaster for this world before it becomes a problem. It does possibly require loads of motes and a real lot of manipulation. I can manipulate large amounts at a time, even for an immortal but I require the help of one with power instead of potence."

She looks around. Noticing some powerfull event somewhere on this world.

"It will influence the seas but it is of huge importance... We can not have another immortal interfere. Not one who wishes to eliminate sentient life before it is born. I think we should continue this conversation in such a maner that not all immortals can listen what we discuss."
Azgrut

Postby Ehbobo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 am

Objection! With my shia'surna artifact I can listen in on your communications. I guess you could probably tell if you have a high enough perception, but that's up to Crovius.
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 am

Ehbobo, mind actually giving some detail on what that artifact does. Saying it can watch other gods is NOT a minor artifact because stat wise that's like saying it gives you a Percption of 10 (which is what you need to watch other gods, and even then they know someone is watching them). So yeah, i'm gonna have to say NO to a minor artifact that can do that.

Minor artifacts can only give a possible +1 to a stat, +2 undeer very limited situations, or reduce the mote cost of a particular action by 1, or allow very simple things that would not break the game. A minor artifact that gives you limited omnisciece? I'm gonna tell you to rethink that.

And I've already said, several times all artifacts mustbe approved by me BEFORE they are used in the game.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:52 am

Hey Crovius, would it be possible to redo a part of my turn? I changed my mind about what I want my race to be an want to change the deep ocean into something else.

And did you ever approve my artifact? It gives Lux a +1 to potency for one action per turn.
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm

I suppose, sure. What did you have in mind? Making an ocean deeper is easy, raising the sea bed to be level with land also wouldn't be too difficult, but any change beyond that might cost more motes.

Also I'll allow the artifact to give a +2 potency for one actyion per turn. A minor artifact normally is +1 to a stat, but that's for a constant bonus. Just one action a whole turn, I'll allow +2.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh, great. Instead of lowering the sea bed, I want to use one motes to create atolls surrounded by coral reefs, 1 mote to populate them with normal sea life, and another to create a new species: the hippocampus, a kind of mermaid horse thing.
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 pm

I know wha the the hippocampus is, yes. It's from Greek mythology, i believe Psoedion had everal of them pulling a chariot. They ahd a fishe's body with a horses head and front legs that in some versions are hooved, other times they look more like webbed feet.

3 motes sounds fine for all that. I'll be sure to update it accordingly when I update the map tomorrow.
Crovius

Postby turbler » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 pm

was Ka'Arthan'n's random anger directed at me and Parasite, then? I think so. . . but y'know, just making sure...
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was.
Sinrus

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:43 am

Solaris begins to move his pieces, ready to do what he was ordered to do, what he was made to do. He first seeks out The Parasite, for his attention to perfect production, that of no waste. A perfect start, Solaris thought to himself as he gathered more strength in each stride, he will understand my ideals, joining me would be to both our advantage. For over a week, Solaris crossed the small continent, without pause nor rest, only focus on his abilities. He gathers as much information as possible on the terrain, for tactical and productive purposes. On the mourn of the seventh day, he sensed a latent energy beneath him. Resonating with an unfamiliar energy, the subterranean lake sat calm and coy. Finding a nearby cave entrance, Solaris began his decent into the dark undercommons of the continent. Once he reaches the lake, he wades into its shallows and waits patiently for he whom he seeks to arrive, for Solaris can tell, this is The Parasites place of rest and focal concentration. During his wait, Solaris senses the harsh, childish release of power waft over him, he snickers at the waste of energy the immortal must have wasted to produce such a spectacle. The booming voice follows, only the word 'Mine" being heard by Solaris' sensitive ears. 'What a child' Solaris quietly laughs aloud. And so, with that, Solaris waits...

Over the course of the week, Solaris began gathering strength from the energy around him, he believes that by the end of this week he should have achieved a new superiority of conscience, increasing his ability to perceive that wich is around him, and his ability to cause greater effect with his abilities.
(DR +!, Per +1, Pot +1, Cost: 10 Mottes)
First Artifact +2 Motte Regeneration (Cycle End)
End of First Week
-DR +1
4 Mottes Remaining
Last edited by Bakuvii Manaquii on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Ehbobo, here's the thing. This is what, from how I'm, reading it, your artifact, your MINOR artifact, is letting you do. Besides each I've marked how high your Perception score would need to be for any of these actions.

-Pinpoint the location of all other Immortals (Perception 22)
-Know who an Immortal is without prior meeting (Perception 12)
-Show you what they look like (Perception 25)
-Hear and see what's going on around them (Perception 30)

And that's compared to their perception score assuming it is below 10. After 10 an immortal can prevent other from whatching it, increasing how high you'd need to have your score.

If you have a problem with that, well I made the whoel thing so immortals don't do EXACTLY what you are doing. I'm the GM, I'm allowed to be omniscent and know what every one of you is doing. But your immortal is not omniscent, omnipotent, or omnipresent. You can't simply eavesdrop on immortals half the world away. The most you can do is go "oh, there's a pair fo gods in the north east, very close to eachother." You can assume w/e you want, and you cna certainly head in that direction and confront them, but you do not know who they are, can not simply pull their names from the back of your mind, and threatening them when thre is A) two of them and B) one is more powerful than you, well, that seems like a bad idea. I won't stop you from threatening them, but you cannot simply know who they are, and if they actually try to prevent you from eavesdropping they can do that.
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games