Forum text game - Lords of Creation [Over(see last page)]

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Forum text game - Lords of Creation

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 pm

(Ok, time for Teserath to play around a bit)

'I am Teserath...'
The eyes of the Experimenter opened, looking down from the void upon the planetoid. The eyes were filled with almost no emotion, only a thirst, and even the thirst was contorlled, reserved. It was a need to learn, a thirst for knowledge. How did things work was simple, but how much could he change it, moving what a creature is away from it's natural state and into a form that bent the rules of the universe. He knew that when infused with his power he could even break the rules. He smiled, a lipless smile filled with needle-shapr teeth. He pulled tight the blackness of space into a cloak around himself. Descending slowly he landed on the northern of the two middle islands and settled down casually, placing a boney hand that ended in talons on the ground. He coudl feel the pulse of this planet, the beating of its heart, it's lifeforce traveling through to the surface. He grinned, gouging his claw into the land, which quivered and slwoly blackened at his touch. The blackness spread and he felt invigorated as he literally fed on the life energy of this planetoid. This woudl be a one-time thing, but how he enjoyed the rush of power. The blackness spread, like a disease, tot he edges of the water.

The whole island had become a desolate wasteland. Teserath chose to stay on this bleak black spot on the face of the world. The planet had cried out silently to the injury, the island now a scar on its surface. Teserath had been empowered by both the energy he had taken, and by the satisfaction knowing that he could. Simply knowing he could cause such a change made him stronger. Testing a theory he gathered up some of the dirt and pressed it together. He opened his hand and was satisfied to see the small black stone. He placed the stoen to his forehead then winced as he forced it there, embedded in his skull. The stoen glowed briefly as it shaped to become an eye. The eye seemed to eminate with Teserath's inner power. He grinned, wandering along the edges of the island and looking out beyond the water as he noticed that the other immortals all seemed to be gathering into small groups.

'How quaint.'

Teserath's 1st Minor artifact is the Cloak of the Void. It reduces the cost of creating special creatures by 1 (does not apply to races)
Teserath spends 1 mote of power turning the northern of the two middle islands into a wasteland.
Teserath spends 10 motes of power to force his DR to increase to 2
Divine Rank: 2
Power: 2 (+1)
Potence: 4
Presence: 1
Perception: 3 (+1)
Teserath's 2nd Minor Artifact is the Eye of Bleakness, His presence is considered to be +2 when he tries to fill a being with fear or dispair.
Last edited by Crovius on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 pm

the Parasite began to consider the actions of the immortal whom had just insulted him. With further thought, The Parasite decided that a pre-preemptive strike would be best, and that it was time to teach the immortal manners. He searched for the nearest sand wurm, and inserted himself into its brain, controlling its actions with one of his innate abilities. He had the Sand wurm tunnel beneath the Demi-god and prepared to strike.

(At this point I would like to begin deciding combat... Please Advise Mr. Crovius)
Daemonwelsh

Postby Ehbobo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Objection! I clearly stated that I was in the mountains. The sandworms are desert creatures.

As for my artifact, wow. I had no idea that it was so powerful. I was actually doubting myself on creating it because I didn't think it would be strong enough. What can perception be used for until level 10, exactly? Anyway, I want to reforge my shia'surna to give me +1 to power when in combat. It strikes me as the sort of thing an uber-paranoid god like Ka'Arthan would have.
Ehbobo

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Umm... i went back and re-read the posts... nowhere does it say you are in the mountains, and I had stated that I met you in the desert...

So yeah.

and combat against who? Demigods? Mortals?
And yeah. We are going to be fighting as you never specified you were in the mountains.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Ehbobo wrote:Objection! I clearly stated that I was in the mountains. The sandworms are desert creatures.

As for my artifact, wow. I had no idea that it was so powerful. I was actually doubting myself on creating it because I didn't think it would be strong enough. What can perception be used for until level 10, exactly? Anyway, I want to reforge my shia'surna to give me +1 to power when in combat. It strikes me as the sort of thing an uber-paranoid god like Ka'Arthan would have.

+1 bonus to combat (we'll go over that if/when it comes to it) Approved

Before level 10 your perception pretty much just furthers how far your senses work. Like right now Perception 4 is good, most immortals have 1 or 2 in their perception. 4 you can see something clearly over a mile away, like, make out small details an everything. You could hear a butterfly flapping its wings, smell as well as any bloodhound, and if your skin is human-like, you can notice the slightest changes in temperature or wind direction.

Likewise higher perception allows better ability to conceal things from other immortals.

And for combat, mortals pose little threat, most of them are lucky to have 1 point in the 4 scores (a 0 in a stat means average human level, a 1 is liek peak of human ability). But mythical creatures, like dragons, can pose some challenge to gods, and powerful heroes created by mortal/immortal interaction have stats on par to low ranking immortal. And of course ya'll will eventually fight eachother, I expect as much. Of course, the overbeing will also occasional bring about legendary beings to challenge the worht of the immortals, and Teserath as well will be making some particularly nasty abominations that will threaten the world... not that Teserath will care. The overbeing's entire purpose in creating Teserath is to facilitate the introduction of monsters.

I'll start wokring otu some more precise combat rules later. For the most part, combat is determined ahead of time, so that way it can simply be roleplayed out to awesome conclusions. Immortals cannot die before the end of days, though they can be incapacitated, crippled, or imprisoned. I'll use some random number generation and comparing stats. Power is the most important stat offense-wise, potence si more fatigue related (how long could you keep up a fight, or how logn can you sustain a power), presnce mostly is subtle and has fun little effects like instilling an emotion in the opponent like fear/doubt/rage/overconfidence, all without them knowing, and perception can factor into either offense or defense depending on how you plan to use it. So if you two do decide to fight, send messages to em of what you'd plan to do, I'll work out who might win/lose or if it'd be too close to call (i'm giving like an area of overlap where neither immortal 'wins') and we'll see how it all goes.

Technically i designed this game without any plans for combat among the immortals since it would be pointless to fight eachother.

Also, according to Ehbobo, his entire action is tkaing place in HIS mountians... he was trying to call everyone out from there, but he can't do that so his whole post pretty much has to be retconned as right now none of you are powerful enough to communicate without ebing at least within 1 mile of eachother.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:06 pm

And for the sake of it, all creatures that might have stats equal to the gods I'll stat them out. So far the Sandworm and Hippocampus are it.

Hippocampus: Power:1 Potence: 0 Presence: 0 Perception: 1

Sandworm: Power: 3 Potence: 1 Presence: 0 Perception: 1
Crovius

Postby Ehbobo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Ehbobo wrote:in his castle at the highest mountain of his chosen continent.

I did too say I was in the mountains.

Crovius wrote:he was trying to call everyone out from there, but he can't do that so his whole post pretty much has to be retconned as right now none of you are powerful enough to communicate without ebing at least within 1 mile of eachother.

Not everyone, just Parasite and Xeras. And now that I know what Teserath's purpose is, I feel REALLY uncomfortable about being so close to his island...
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Well his island is in the middle of the world, if the place had edges, lol. But don't worry, he wanders and makes creatures out fo what he finds. Or just tries forcing divine energy to manifest with certain aspects and seeing what appears :mrgreen:

Luckily none of you know what the others' purpose is In Character, hehe
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:22 pm

In the islands to the North east, a great light shines done, and all Immortals can feel the mighty presence of the overbeing as he speaks to one of the immortals. The Overbeing then returns to the space above the sky, unseeable, though many believe he lives wihtin the sun that gives the planet warmth and life.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Lux Lucis and Zorea finish their counsel, and together they fly south across the world. Zorea is silent on her great wings, as is the sea god. He knows not what his fellow immortal is thinking while she soars, but he is filled with apprehension. Their destination is the wasteland island, home of Teserath.

They land before the dark specter and he stares at them unspeakingly. His third eye seems to penetrate Lux's skin and delve into his mind. Visions of darkness and sorrow fill his eyes and he chills, his skin crawling. With a heave of mental effort, Lux shakes it off and says, "Are you Teserath? We have come to ask a favor of you."
Sinrus

Postby LTDave » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Den Carvos sat in his house on the side of Gre Torlef, looking out at the sparkling ocean.
"What to do next?"
His island teemed with life, the richest piece of biology on the planet. There were others out there, amusing themselves in different ways, but Carvos wasn't too worried about them.
"I live on an Island with a volcano? What could possibly go wrong?"
Carvos sat and watched the stars dance around the sky, waiting for his power to regenerate.
LTDave

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Name: Ka'Arthan

Concept: Ka'Arthan is an old god. He is the last surviving immortal of the first world. All others have fallen in an end of days, but he alone has lasted from the very beginning until the present day. He known much about the Omniscient, more than any other being ever has. This knowledge is not of much interest to him, but of great interest to the god-creator himself and Ka'Arthan fears that the Omniscient will conspire against him to finally end him in this world. Ka'Arthan's secret to surviving so long was his flexibility; on each world he has created a different race, with different strengths, using different strategies. Only one thing has been constant over the countless eons: his sons have always formed a great empire.

Personality: Ka'Arthan's moods swing wildly from benefaction to obliteration at the drop of a hat. Some say that this is an effect of his incredible age, that the stress of creating worlds and the constant fear and paranoia of an Omniscient assassination has eroded his mind. If this is true then it still has quite a ways to go; despite his emotional defects he is still as clever and powerful as ever. Ka'Arthan is motivated by an intense love for his followers, as he sees them as the only allies he has against the world. Although other races recognize and occasionally give homage to him, Ka'Arthan will acknowledge them only if they interact with his chosen people. This usually constitutes war, or at least it has since his brain began to rot.

Appearance: Ka'Arthan appears in many different forms, a new one for each situation. When in battle, he is a great silhouette with a golden body, two pairs of arms one silver and one bronze, steel legs, and a black featureless head. When communing with other gods, he takes an impressive shape: a man wrapped in green snakes like a mummy in cloth, the only visible body parts being his hands, feet, and slitted purple eyes. When on the world he is a bronze skinned and fierce-looking man, wearing streamlined red armor that ends in dozens of points on his back and with a crest of multicolored plumes extending out of the back of his neck. He will also sometimes take an animal form, that of a three-headed snake.

Divine Rank: 1
Power: 2
Potence: 3
Presence: 1
Perception: 2

Symbols: Ka'Arthan is often symbolized by the triple-headed snake or a winged serpent. In his temples, followers kneel before an idol of a four-armed figure in a meditative pose, despite the fact that Ka'Arthan only takes that form when in combat. His favored weapon is uncreatable by mere mortals; it is called a shia'surna, a long dagger that can be wielded in one hand and is present in all of his forms. It is special because it is made of steel mixed with water, and doesn't merely slash but rather flows through the air, bending and curving with the wind and through chink in armor but strengthening the moment it encounters flesh.

So if that's all right, here's my first turn:

Ka'Arthan wishes to begin anew. He had grown weary of the previous world; his race had developed backwards and their great empire had begun to crumble from internal fighting and corruption. Perhaps it was his fault: he had had a better idea for a race and spent his time planning for them, rather than nurturing his people. He suspected that it was the Omniscient's fault really, that he had sabotaged the species that Ka'Arthan had poured his soul into to make him grow dissatisfied. No matter, it was finally time to start again. He would begin by preparing the great western continent for habitation. He had decided that he would name it Khal'taria.

The first step must be to create towering mountains in the northeastern peninsula, steadily shrinking in size as the range moves traveled across the coast to the northwest. South of the mountain chain the continent becomes a massive plain across the entire interior, with a multitude of rives snaking across it. The southern peninsula becomes a scorched desert where few things will survive.

I don't know if I have enough power left, but I'll give it a shot.

Ka'Arthan watched from in hiding as the Parasite passed through his lands. His mind works feverishly to unravel the implications; a plot? sent by the Omniscient? a scouting mission for planned conquest? Already their continents have been linked against his will. He must do something! He must protect his unborn people from this menace! With a wave of his four arms, Ka'Arthan calls into being the greatest creatures that ever have existed!

Have you ever read the Dune Chronicles? I want fricking sandworms! If you haven't, the wikipedia article is pretty accurate. The most important sections are the introduction, physiology, and lifecycle. I want them identical to the series except they don't produce melange.

"I need more energy!" Ka'Arthan roared in frustration as he contemplated his options. The sandworms were great and powerful, but they WEREN'T ENOUGH! If The Parasite and Xeras banded together, he would have very little chance of victory. If Den Carvos joined he would never survive. He needed a way to block them.

The means were in his hands, to begin with. His first shia'surna was to become an artifact. Yes. That would do nicely. But what should it let him do?... Ah. Of course. Knowledge is power. By slashing it through the air, it will show him what the other immortals are doing. It will show him whatever he wants to see...

The small one was disgusting, a mass of flesh and tentacles. Ka'Arthan remembered it as the Parasite. It was one of the false gods, he scoffed. Not created by the Omniscient, an aspirer to power it stole from true Lords of Creation. This mockery of his own armored form was little better. His artifact told him that it was Xeras, who was not meant to be a god at its creation. If there were two things that Ka'Arthan despised, they were false-gods and imposers.

Staring at these two immortals, his fears seemed to have manifested themselves. Just moments ago while reforging his shia'surna he had feared that the Parasite and Xeras might join to defeat him. Now they were together in his castle at the highest mountain of his chosen continent. He took necessary action. At least, that's how it was seen in his twisted, fragile mind.

The man serpent robes vanished, and in his place another figure rose from the ground. A four-armed man, composed of metal and darkness, grew quickly out of the floor. He thrashed his silver and bronze arms and stamped a steel foot. With his second pair of hands, he pointed at each of the intruding gods and roared:

"I am Ka'Arthan, eldest of the deities! You have invaded my palace, my home! Go! NOW! I will not forgive or forget if you disobey my will, and the punishment will be DEATH! I have outlived countless gods greater than yourselves, and I WILL OUTLIVE THE OMNISCIENT HIMSELF! Never again must you so much as CAST YOUR EYES upon my domain! THIS CONTINENT! IS! MIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!"

All the stuff he wrote... Not trying to metagame or anything, but I really want to slaughter his world right now... And I dont see anything about his mountain fortress until after I had already called him out on it... so yeah. And as for his actions being taken in the mountains, all I ask is how did he create the Sandwurm? It was forced to be in the desert to start...
When I get crovius's approval on my next post, combat will have either initiated, or have already ended.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Sinrus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 pm

I checked the post, he never edited anything.
Sinrus

Postby Crovius » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Ok, gonna make a ruling on this. Ehbobo, usually to create things that can only be in a certain area, you need to be relatively close to the region, in this case, you'd have to be in the desert to make those sandwurms.

Daemon... pm me a random number between 1 and 10 and I'll let you know how your plan works out.

In fact, Ehbobo, I want you to alos PM me a random number between 1 and 10

(note, I've already got anumber in mind, so how close you get to it is gonna determine how successful you are)
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Ooh, combat! Fight! KIIIILL! Either way, 1 immortal down.

Couple questions. What is the northern central island like, if nobody has developed it? Can we create races at any time, or do we need to wait? Once we do, do we decide what actions they take or do you?
Sinrus

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm

neither immortal dies, but the overbeing grants stuff to the victor (for what I know.) And check back to the beginning of the game... it should be in there.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Sinrus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 pm

How much does luck play into combat? Because going by stats only, Ka'Arthan should have this in the bag. Look at this:

Ka'Arthan
Power: 2 (+1 with artifact)
Potence: 3

Parasite
Power: 2
Potence 2

Just like this Ka'Arthan is easily superior. And then we realize that Parasite is possessing a sandworm...

Sandworm
Power: 3
Potence: 1

Okay, a little closer matched. Still, I feel like the worm should be inferior to the god who created it.
Sinrus

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 pm

but wait... there is more... based on the way I RP it, and the how effective my presence is, I may do a little better...

Also, surprise-fullness. yeah. I likes that stuff.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Azgrut » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 am

Sinrus wrote:Lux Lucis and Zorea finish their counsel, and together they fly south across the world. Zorea is silent on her great wings, as is the sea god. He knows not what his fellow immortal is thinking while she soars, but he is filled with apprehension. Their destination is the wasteland island, home of Teserath.

They land before the dark specter and he stares at them unspeakingly. His third eye seems to penetrate Lux's skin and delve into his mind. Visions of darkness and sorrow fill his eyes and he chills, his skin crawling. With a heave of mental effort, Lux shakes it off and says, "Are you Teserath? We have come to ask a favor of you."

Zoreä indeed flies with Lux Lucis towards the wasteland so close to her own continent. Her eyes wonder at the carnage and destruction that has taken place here. Why would anyone favor so much death over life? She did not know his motives and his aspects but she knew she would never ask for his assistance again after this one time unless in dire circumstances.

Even though she despised the creature god standing before her, she nodded once to acknowledge him being equal in rank of divinity as her.

(I do not know if an immortal can "see" that in other immortals? Their divine rank I mean? I thought that stats were not simple seeable?)
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 am

(the stats, no, but immortals cna get a sense of if an immortal is lower, higher, or of equal rank)

Teserath nods to the two immortals as they arrive. The land, if they settle down, seems to give, as if stepping down on a bed of ash.

"I am Teserath, the Scion of Change. It is my duty to create things that will test the rest of you... and your creations. That is my only reason for existing. I am aware you have some big plans... I still have a mote of power to spare. What is your plan?"

He speaks with controlled curiosity. He is interested in doing something different, new, experimental.
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games