Erfworld on the Apple II e - Does Anyone Remember?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erfworld on the Apple II e - Does Anyone Remember?

Postby just2quixotic » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:43 am

I remember a turn based strategy game that I used to play on an Apple II e. Erfworld basically reminds me of this game; there was a huge world map with different terrains for the units to cross (I do not remember if the game map was hex or square overlayed.) Cities all had different troops they could "pop," - and certain more powerful units took longer to "pop" than others. Also, it was fantasy themed, there were magic items you could give to your heros that would give them advantages in combat. (If I recall correctly, heros "popped" randomly, or you found them - not really sure.)

I would dearly love to find this game and play it again on some emulator, there is just one problem. I don't remember the name of the game. Does my description ring a bell with anyone? Does anyone recall this game and know the name?
just2quixotic

Re: Erfworld on the Apple II e - Does Anyone Remember?

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:30 am

Sounds kinda like one of Sid Mier's Civilization games.
Crovius

Re: Erfworld on the Apple II e - Does Anyone Remember?

Postby shneekeythelost » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 pm

just2quixotic wrote:I remember a turn based strategy game that I used to play on an Apple II e. Erfworld basically reminds me of this game; there was a huge world map with different terrains for the units to cross (I do not remember if the game map was hex or square overlayed.) Cities all had different troops they could "pop," - and certain more powerful units took longer to "pop" than others. Also, it was fantasy themed, there were magic items you could give to your heros that would give them advantages in combat. (If I recall correctly, heros "popped" randomly, or you found them - not really sure.)

I would dearly love to find this game and play it again on some emulator, there is just one problem. I don't remember the name of the game. Does my description ring a bell with anyone? Does anyone recall this game and know the name?

Sounds like 'Warlords' to me...
shneekeythelost

Return to Your Games