That is a shame really, I'd love to play or even GM one of these games
If we can get enough others I don't see why we can't get a game up and running. We'd have to get some things straight though:
1. A set amount of time per turn. (if everyone finishes his turn the GMs can of course decide to reduce this and with a good reason from a player increase it)
2. A good system for GMs or players bailing out. (reserve GMs, players "autoplaying" for a set number of turns before their side is "vanquished")
3. A direction for the game: Will it be a story telling game which allows people to jump in (start as a barbarian with a small purse and some units, allow them to either claim a capital site and become a side or just goof around and do mercenary work) or a closed game with a fixed number of turns or a fixed goal where no people can join. (I personally prefer the storytelling game, but hey, that's the roleplayer in me
, I'd probably enjoy playing someones CWL or caster as well
(hmm maybe an interesting idea for the game
4. A way for player-player comunication, GM-GM comunication and GM-player communication. (I'd go as far to suggest setting up a forum to run this game from)
5. A GM to player ratio which doesn't cause the GM's to be burned out. (I'd suggest 1 GM to 2-3 players for this)
6. Infrastructure! We need stuff like databases (these can be excel based for all I care), a rule book, excel calculators, a forum (?), a map, proper communications and whatnot to run this (I'll volunteer to make most of the infrastructure since I like working with spreadsheets, sifting data and making forums)
So what do you guys think? Interested?
Also: I'm setting up a poll in a different topic to measure if people are interested.