Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Crovius » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Sinrus wrote:Added croakamancy. As for the combat system, that looks as if it has to be determined by the GM. That's fine for your examples, but would be VERY difficult in a large scale battle. I've got my hands full with the spell list, but I think someone needs to develop a mathematical formula.

That or the GM should be really good at, or just enjoy, number crunching.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Sinrus wrote:It's very limited cross-discipline casting. I figure there must be some relation, or why else would the erfworlders have classified them together?

Maybe in the same SCHOOL, yeah, but getting everything on the same axis? I'dunno about that, even for a level 10 caster.

And then you have people like Sizemore, who have 'no talent outside of their discipline'. That kind of suggests that it's a rare case that people can do other stuff in their school. Hm.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Alright, I'll give you that much. It's gone from the record.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Since we're getting close to making an Alpha-test game session (a lot closer than I thought we would be) I've taken the liberty of preparing a few things.

First of all, while I may make one myself later, for the ease a quick start I have found us a premade hex-map that we will be using in the first game.

Spoiler: show

The following is a key -

Pale Green is plains/grassland. Open tiles.
Green is Light Forest.
Dark Green is Heavy forest.
Light brown is Mountain.
Dark brown is Impassable Mountain
Dark Green-Blue is Swamp (swamp is a special area that cannot be built on, slows land units by 25%, but provides cover - You cannot see into a swamp while outside of it. Similar to having a constant Flash effect.)
Red is Volcano. There are very few of these, but they can produce a good deal of money if you put a mine on them.
All Blue tiles are water, naturally.

I will act as GM on the first game, and shall not be making a side. Upon starting, I will place your capital in a random spot on the map and give you intelligence of your immediate surroundings. I will also give you each an updated format (with bigger hexes of course) of terrain you currently know about as you send units to scout.

All players begin with no alliances and no knowledge of where each other are. Beware, the first time you meet each other may well end in combat unless there are warlords present to order a cease-fire.

One final change I can think of at the moment - when getting a Caster, there are to my knowledge 5 Disciplines (Date-a-Mancy, Signamancy, Weirdomancy, Changemancy, and Carnymancy) that we know nothing about. Thus, I will be rerolling your caster type if you draw that.

Who wants to volunteer for the first game? I think I can manage up to 3 players in this, unless someone else wants to GM too.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:47 pm

If we get more players I'll be a GM, but I can certainly play. Changemancy, Carnymancy, and Weirdomancy I can make something for. The ones I can't do are predictamancy, flower power, and rhyme-o-mancy.
Sinrus

Postby Azgrut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I must read through the rules again (since this is a different erfworld game then the others :P) But Yeah! I want to join if that is okay.
Azgrut

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:05 pm

I could do Flower Power, and Rhyme-o-mancy, for you. prolly not predictamancy though. and I WANNA PLAY! sorry, but I reaaaaaaally do.
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Oh, something that was never discussed. How far from each other do cities have to be? And I want to add that if you have a wharf, you can use it to pop ships.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Awesome, glad to hear it. Since this is an Alpha version we can always correct it later if the real function of the Discipline is revealed.

I'll handle Predictamancy. Since I know where you all are a Predictamancer can tell the side when an enemy is nearing - but not from the direction or who. It's like a vague, more broad kind of Lookamancy. It will also tell you if you are likely to win against the force or not, if the different in power is great enough.

List them here.

Use this format.

Side Name
Ruler/Overlord Name
Type of starting hex preferred (Volcano is not applicable)
A/B Special Unit or C Special Unit
Whether you want to start with Archer infantry or a Scout, and what the scout is like.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:36 pm

A combat system.

I have not in the slightest gave this idea more thought then just the four secconds I thought about it so some testing will need to be in order.

In all combats you have an attacker and a defender.

First: Attacker add all his combat scores together (With bonusses this can become very high indeed) and divides it by the amount of defenders.
You add a random die roll (which can be influenced by luckamancers) and have the Attack score.
Defender add all his defence scores together, divides it by the amount of defenders and adds a dice roll.

The attack score minus defence score equals the amount of hits inflicted. These should be randomised if the attackers are unled and be spread more inteligently the higher the warlord is leveled. The hits will be remembered for first the defenders may strike. (Thus no defenders are dead just yet!)

Defenders add all their combat. Divide by 10, ad dice roll. Attackers do the same with defence. This will be the amount of hits the attackers will suffer.

Now casualties will be removed and when no one retreats, a seccond combat round starts. (I think only an attacking stack can retreat when it has a warlord or a leadership unit).

Combat rounds will continue until either one side whipes out or the attacker retreats.

A warlord can choose to attack a specific unit (type) in a stack. We do need some system for this for otherwise all warlord would die in the first round of any combat.
Azgrut

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:46 pm

How about the warlord can order other units to protect him? But maybe ... he has to choose unit types = to his level as his guards, and any attack on the warlord is randomly thrown on them?

I think Casters should be able to make magic items (of their discipline) and scrolls (Cost of Scrollcraft=Juice of spell, and of course uses the same Juice amount), and lend themselves to the magic kingdom for shmuckers. You should also be able to buy scrolls (and sell them) and rent Casters from the Magic Kingdom.
Some Magic:
Rhyme-o-mancy
Talent Show: Allows the caster to play some magical music, that allows the units in it's stack to Dance-Fight. 30 Juice Can be cast by a level 5 Stagemancer
DJ: Allows all the allied units in the casters' Hex to dance-fight for 60 Juice, can be cast by a level 10 Stagemancer
Campsong: A spell used off turn, the next turn the Side takes, all the units in the casters stack when the spell is cast gain +1 Combat, Hits, Defense and Move. wears off after the turn 75 Juice, can be used by a level 10 Stagemancer
Legend: As campsong, but affects all allies in the hex. 120 Juice.
Solioquy: Affects the mood of a Warlord, causing him to act irrationally (e.g. auto attacking, or retreating, or maybe randomly letting hits be dispersed amongst his troops randomly) Irattional action must be chosen with spell, and only 1 may be selected, for every 40 juice spent, the spell lasts 1 turn. X Juice, can be cast by level 10 Stagemancers
White Noise: Cancels all non-allied Rhyme-o-mancy affects in the hex. 90 juice
Rythm: Gives a Warlord the ability to lead a dance fight, permanently for the low low price of 250 Juice (get a link, people)

Flower Power
Floral Growth: Grasslands/Swamps become forest, forest becomes dense, affects the casters' hex 20 juice
Floral Booster: As Floral Growth, but can affect any one hex within 1 hexes of the caster, and affects all the hexes around the chosen Hex
Flaking (Type A): Makes a unit feel like they blinked, but they missed a whole Turn! Casted off turn, when a unit attempts to take an action, this spell can be cast on them, and they will stand stil, eyes closed, until turns end. Can be cast if an action would take a unit into/through the Casters' Hex. The unit stops 1 hex outside the casters' hex. if the unit was IN the casters' hex then they stop there instead. The caster can instead choose to cast this when there is a battle in the hex the caster is in, and the chosen unit will be incapacitated. Targeting a warlord costs 3x Juice, as it renders him unable to give leadership, or issue orders. 33 Juice
Flaking (B): Hits a whole stack, or a warlord. 100 Juice
Flaking (C): Hits an entire hex (only non-allies) for 200 Juice
Floral Cover: Increases decomposition speed, eliminating all corpses within up to (Caster's level -1) of the caster (so you can't uncroak them) and increases decomposition speed of the Uncroaked, burns up 1 extra turn for units on grasslands/swamps, 2 for forests, and 3 for dense forests. only affects non-allied units, and only affects units on Grasslands, Forests, or dense forests. costs 15 juice*range level chosen (at level 3, you can choose to cast at level 2, for only 30 juice instead of level 3 for 45.)
Animate Flora: creates a unit from the flora of the land. Must be cast in the casters' hex Swamps produce units that are water capable mounts with 3 hits, 1 combat 2 defense and 3 move Grasslands units' are mounts with 2 hits 1 combat 1 defense 4 move. Forests get mounts with 4 hits 2 combat 2 defense and 4 move, Dense Forests get Golems with 5 hits 2 combat 3 defeense and 4 move. Swamp-units units can only enter Swamp, forest, dense forest, and water hexes. Grassland units can only enter open, forest and dense forest. Forest units can only enter forest and dense forests. Dense forest units can only enter dense forest hexes. These units all get leadership from florists. Grasslands units have 10 upkeep, Forest 20, swamp 25 and dense forest 30. costs 90 juice.
Attack of the trees: Basic magic attack (ignores defence) for florists. 2 attack in grasslands, 3 in forests 5 in dense forests. 15 Juice. Can be used by a level 5 Hippiemancer
Death from the trees: same as Attack of the trees, but 5 in forest and 9 in Dense. 25 Juice
Flora Trap: Attack of the trees in trap form 25 Juice
Tree Trap: Death from the trees, the trap 35 Juice

Link Ups
some Link-up skils I thought up
Last edited by turbler on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
turbler

Postby Watsit Hoohow » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey, has a system been worked out for everybody to issue orders privately? Is it going to be something like everybody PMs the moderators with their orders and they form a single picture together at the end of the day or something?
Very Amazing Adventures (possibly inappropriate)
Watsit Hoohow

Postby Azgrut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:11 pm

I took some time and created a side. This is it! (Yes Sinrus... It is Egyptalon again...)

Side Name: Egyptalon
Ruler Name: Prince Hadriël
Type of starting hex preferred: Plains for fluff.
C Special Unit.

My Level 1 City has the ability to produce:
600 Schmuckers per turn

- Scimitar Stabber Class (x2).
These warriors wield a scimitar and a small shield. They are relatively weak and form the core foot soldiers of Egyptalon.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each. - HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4

- Hoplite Piker Class (x2).
The hoplites can form a phalanx when in a big enough stack. The phalanx is a feared manoeuvre which will be devastating if a potent warlord orders the tropps in line.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3

- Vultuwes (x1) –
These carrion beasts roam the lands of Egyptalon. A low level warlord or high level knight class unit will be able to tame these creatures. They are very weak in battle but function as fine eyes and ears for the overlord who controls them
1 turn, 30 upkeep. - HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8. Scout (6), Fly.

-Sand Dwagon (x1) –
The Sand Dwagons are no real Dwagons as Erfworld knows them. They are a small type of flying lizard and without a better name, everyone called them Dwagons. When tamed and trained however, the are able to carry a rider in battle. The are fairly weak in combat but very fast. Making them perfect mounts for warlords to go on scouting missions. They do tend to dig into the dirt once in a while…
NEEDS RATING
4 turns, 80 Upkeep. - HP 9, Attack 4, Defense 3, Move 8. Mount, Fly.
Last edited by Azgrut on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azgrut

Postby Azgrut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 pm

And have created some spells for dirtamancy. I will enlarge the spell list since this only magnifies the golem creation.

Dirtamancy spells.

Aspect of Golem creation.
All golem creation spells require he dirtamancer to be in a city (among possible other things). Round all fractions down.
Create Crap Golems: Create a maximum of (city level) Crap golems. (10 juice/golem)
Create Soft Rock Golem: Requires any mountain or volcano within city’s zone of control. Create (city level) Soft rock golems. (30 Juice/golem)
Create Hard Rock Golem: Requires an impassable mountain or volcano within city’s zone of control. Create (city level/2) Hard Rock golems. (50 Juice/golem)
Create Acid Golem: Requires a swamp within city’s zone of control. Create (City level/2) Acid Golems. (60 Juice/golem).
Create Metal Golem: Requires a Mine within city’s zone of control. Create (City level/2,5) Metal Golems. (80 juice/golem).

Crap Golem
”When life gives you crap, you create Crap Golems…”
Upkeep 20 each. - HP 5, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 3, Heavy, Golem

Soft Rock Golem
”Soft Rock Golems are like Soft ice cream. Easy to create and easy to eat.”
Upkeep 55 each. - HP 8, Attack 6, defense 4, Move 3, Heavy, Golem

Hard Rock Golems
”If we could teach this things how to rock out! Then they would be useful!
Upkeep 100 each. - HP 15, Attack 9, defense 7, Move 3, Heavy, Golem

Acid Golem
“Don’t touch ‘em. They consume you when you do that.”
Upkeep 120 each. – HP 14, Attack 10, Defence 6, Move 3, Heavy, Golem, Toxin

Metal Golem
“If these monsters would be able to dance fight, they would be unstoppable.”
Upkeep 200 each. – HP 20, Attack 16, Defence 10, Move 3, Heavy, Golem

Golem: All units with the Golem special will receive an additional +1/level Dirtamancy bonus in any combat when a Dirtamancer is in the stack.

Toxin: A stack that fought a combat with a toxin unit but is not whipped out in the combat (through withdrawal or defeating the opponent stack) will receive damage as if they are attacked by all units with toxin that attacked them previous combat (also the defeated ones).

I just gave the golems stats. What do ya say?
Azgrut

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 pm

The Dirtamancy stuff looks great ;D I'd say they can also enter a mine and increase the chance to find a Gem Node by 5% per level (max bonus +50%), and decreases the 10-turn cycle to 5. Thus, with a Dirtamancer it is possible to always have a mine in enhanced production if you're lucky (Luckamancer? ;D). This costs 25 Juice a turn, but also requires the Dirtamancer to spend a whole string of turns inside for results. So, you could do it at the beginning of your turn and get a roll within 5 turns or less (consider the current 10turn timer to have subtracted 5 when the Dirtamancer enters the mine)

As for your units, everything seems to check out. Sand Dwagons, heh. I might make you some Desert tiles by editing the map if you like. Would that work better for your side?

Here, some deserts have been added because that is a cool idea xD
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:33 pm

I would like to begin in plains.

Side Name: Toranica
Side Ruler: Lord Sinrus

My level 1 city produces:

Scythe Piker Class(x2)
Toranican pikers pop equipped with wicked scythes, a curved blade on one end and a spike on the other.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3

Sickle Stabber Class (x2)
The Toranicans craft unique curved swords with serrated insides edges. Although not useful in single combat, a stack can be very powerful.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each. - HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4

Imp Scout (x1)
These tiny red humanoids can't hold their own in combat, but with their limited Thinkamancy they can relay everything they see to a commander.
1 turn, 30 upkeep. - HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8. Scout (6), Fly.

Hell Hound (x1)
A bulky red bulldog the size of a Smartcar, Hell Hounds are the basis of Toranican cavalry.
2 turns, 45 upkeep, HP 9, Attack 4, Defense 3, Move 4, Mount

Monstew (x1)
Monstews are strong, mass produce-able near-heavies that are the core of Toranican battle strategy.
2 turns, 45 upkeep, HP 9, Attack 5, Defense 3, Move 4
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm going to put Sand Dwagons at 80 Upkeep.

And Sinrus, your side looks alright too. :3

Also, I forgot - you all need to come up with Livery and optionally, an Insignia. (i.e. Royal Radish - Jetstone, Orange and Dark Orange - Unaroyal.)
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Now the big question, what do deserts do ;)?

And if they do something, then I think the sand dwagons should have the "desert capable" special :P.

-edit- And what about the turns required to pop them?

My livery will be... uhm...

We call it softijs in the Netherlands... Is it softice in English?

Anyways. The top part of this picture:
Azgrut

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 pm

This is how I will be relaying tactical info to you.

Here we see what a City with Walls (Level 2+) looks like, along with one without. Next to them we see the symbol for a Farm, and around it the Grassland/Plains symbol

Now, for Terrain. From left to right we have:

Light Forest
Heavy Forest (with the Sawmill symbol inside)
Desert (with an Oasis in the center. Farms in the desert take 3 turns to set up, but when built on an Oasis it takes 2 turns and produces 100% more income per turn. A city in the desert will always pop adjacent to at least 1 Oasis)
Mountains (with a Mine in the center)
Impassible Mountains
Some more Mountains with the two Volcano symbols on either side. All volcanoes will be considered Inactive unless something happens. I don't think I have to explain what 'Something' is to anyone here.
And finally, Swamps.
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Azgrut wrote:
-edit- And what about the turns required to pop them?

My livery will be... uhm...

We call it softijs in the Netherlands... Is it softice in English?

Anyways. The top part of this picture:

4 turns to pop them.

And... you want it to look like a turd? >.>; Cause... you take the cone off and that's kinda what it looks like... xD

Livery are the colors of your units armor. That's an insignia, whatever you pick.

Edit: OH. I looked it up, you're talking about Soft-serve ice cream. You want your desert people to have an ice cream cone for the insignia? xD That's funny.
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games