Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Despite all my promises to reinstate the game, I took a week break to clear my mind and focus on schoolwork (aaand maybe some starcraft 2 beta >>;).

However, tonight I intend to stop slacking off my GMing. Ehbobo may not have mentioned it, but he is away for a few days. When he is back he will likely notify you all. Until then I may attempt to manage you all for the same of moving the game along xD

Crovius, I saw your PM and I will respond to it momentarily.

EDIT: Incidentally Twoy, with the most recent update it seems there are Royal Warlords after all :P Good job there, we'll work on something.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:18 am

good to hear you're back. I haven't seen an update in.... a VERY long time . . .
turbler

Postby Twoy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Crovius wrote:Specials don't increase the upkeep of units. We already worked that out. Special units have a pool of points that can be spent on them. Some specials cost more than others. These points would normally be used to increase HP, attack, defense, and move, but instead they'd be spent on the special bonus.

I would like to see the rules if someone has time to post them. I know everyone is busy with real life stuff. I just spent 22 hours traveling across nine time zones for a 25 minute interview for a job. I was in Sacramento for a total of 17 hours, then I spent another 22 hours getting home. Lots of fun.

Kaed,
Good to hear that Royal Warlords will be implemented. I think they are critical to give an Erfworld feel to the game. I also like a rule that you can choose to pop a Royal Warlord without the chance of getting a caster. I think most players won't pop lots of Royal Warlords. If players pop lots of them, then that would be an indication that the rules are not set up quite right.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Crovius wrote:Specials don't increase the upkeep of units. We already worked that out. Special units have a pool of points that can be spent on them. Some specials cost more than others. These points would normally be used to increase HP, attack, defense, and move, but instead they'd be spent on the special bonus.

The upkeep cost for specials I listed are only for Warlords who can get them randomly when they pop or raise levels. The extra upkeep cost is not for special units.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:44 pm

turbler wrote:I was thinking for the Magic Kingdom. . . p'raps we could have our casters loan out their services for some shmuckers, as another option? And whaddabout scrolls?

The problem with loaning out you casters for Scmuckers is that they can only be rented by current players. If somone wants to pay for a Dirtamance for three rounds, do you really want that player to get 1/3 cost on two upgrades of a city while all you are getting is three turns rent? If your answer is yes, may I rent your Dirtamancer, please?

Just throwing this out there. Scrolls should be double juice to create, and should be put up for bid, if you want to seel them. If you have a scroll of Creat Crap Golem, informa the Magic Kingdom and you can get other players to bid on it. Bids can be open or secret depending on the player's wishes.

You could also create a scroll and leave it with your overlord or another caster to use when the scroll creator is not around.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Okay. Here are some more of my thoughts on rules.

Dance Fighting:
Spoiler: show
Dance fighting bonus at +6 is too powerful. I already mention this in my warlord specials post but here it is-- Dance-Fighting: Leadership +1 at Level 1; Leadership +2 at Level 3; Leadership +3 at Level 5; Leadership +4 at Level 7; Leadership 5 at Level 9; Leadership +6 at Level 11. Under the current rules a Level 1 Warlord with Dance-Fighting is equal to a Level 7 Warlord without Dance-Fighting. I think that is just way too much of a disparity.

Special Unit C and D:
I had a note that SU C and D have too fast a move, but now I think that may not be true. Perhaps the stabber, piker and archery moves should increase by a point or two.

SU A&B Pop times for Level 4 and 5 City :
Level 3 City-Special Unit A and B (x2) - 1 turn (This is 2 units/turn)
Level 4 City-Special Unit A and B (x3) - 2 turns (This is 1.5 units/turn)
Level 5 City-Special Unit A and B (x3) - 2 turns (This is 1.5 units/turn)

Level 4 City should be-Special Unit A and B (x3) - 1 turns (This is 3 units/turn)
Level 5 City should be-Special Unit A and B (x4) - 1 turns (This is 4 units/turn)

Convert Ruined City to City:
We need a rule for this. (There might be a rule that I did not find). Maybe -- City can be popped up to the level it was before destroyed at full cost. Level 1=7,500 Shmuckers; Level 2=22,500 Shmuckers; etc. If it's popped at less than level 5, then it must follow all the rules for increasing size of cities in order to grow.

Multi-disciplinary casters rules:
We currently have two sets of rules for multi-disciplinary casters. One rule says that casters can cast spells within their college when they reach levels 5 and 10, while the other rule says they have a 15% chance. I may be misreading this one though.
Last edited by Twoy on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

More thoughts:

Casters in General:
Casters still need a lot of work.
All casters should have a Hoboken-type spell.
All casters should have a valuable low-level spell they can cast at Level 1 every round to improve the side.
Might want to consider regenerating less than full juice each turn.
Caster should be able to produce resources as warlords.

Predictamancers:
Predictamancers can be used to modify combat similiar, but with less efficacy than a Luckamancer; increase chance of finding gems in a mine; increase Warlords starting attack and defence. Increase resource production; increase chance of popping a caster. The best way to use a Predictamancer, for example, is to tell the GM that you want the Predictamancer to determine what the Warlord's Attack and Defense Bonus will be if you start producing a warlord in City X, Y and Z in rounds 21, 22 and 23. The DM makes the rolls and annotates them on the character record. When the player pops a warlord at City Y on Round 22, then he already knows what attack and defense rolls he will get. This could also be used to help pop Warlords with specials such as Dance-Fighting or Rocking Out. Predictamancy could also be used to increase slightly the chance to get casters.

Archery Units:
I'm not sure why archery units only hit 75% of the time. Why not just lower their attack and defense by 25%? The math would be much easier.
Twoy

Postby Dark Arbiter » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Twoy wrote:More thoughts:

Predictamancers:
Predictamancers can be used to modify combat similiar, but with less efficacy than a Luckamancer; increase chance of finding gems in a mine; increase Warlords starting attack and defence. Increase resource production; increase chance of popping a caster. The best way to use a Predictamancer, for example, is to tell the GM that you want the Predictamancer to determine what the Warlord's Attack and Defense Bonus will be if you start producing a warlord in City X, Y and Z in rounds 21, 22 and 23. The DM makes the rolls and annotates them on the character record. When the player pops a warlord at City Y on Round 22, then he already knows what attack and defense rolls he will get. This could also be used to help pop Warlords with specials such as Dance-Fighting or Rocking Out. Predictamancy could also be used to increase slightly the chance to get casters.

Not sure how I feel about predicto's being able to modify the future. The only logical explanation I can get for that is that maybe they can determine the future BY predicting it. Like, there are multiple futures, and by making a prediction, the caster can make one and only one the set future.

Just a thought.
"Well. You know."

"When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
Dark Arbiter
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:17 am

Dark Arbiter wrote:Not sure how I feel about predicto's being able to modify the future. The only logical explanation I can get for that is that maybe they can determine the future BY predicting it. Like, there are multiple futures, and by making a prediction, the caster can make one and only one the set future.

Just a thought.

Exactly what I was thinking. Predictamancers predict the multiple possibilities, and the Overlord chooses the possibility that he wants. What the Predictamancer predicts needs to be something the GM can control. A Predictamancer cannot predict something that another player will do in three turns.
Twoy

Postby Crovius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Hey guys, just advertising this, I'll delete it if asked. I'm starting a Let's Play based on Warhammer Bloodbowl for the PC. It's over in the Your Gaming, includes a poll to select the race. Anyone that participates will get to have a player named after them that they can decide the details of that player's career (how I'll play them, equipment and skill selection). Hope you guys take a look, the poll allows you to change your mind. Once I've gotten everything decided and started playing I'll post pregame stats and the next game, with details on what we can do before the game, then post the play-by-play and post game stats after each game.
Crovius

Postby Dark Arbiter » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Twoy wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. Predictamancers predict the multiple possibilities, and the Overlord chooses the possibility that he wants. What the Predictamancer predicts needs to be something the GM can control. A Predictamancer cannot predict something that another player will do in three turns.

I guess my issue with that is still that it might as well be a Luckamancer. There are multiple options, and the one most beneficial to the Overlord in question just... happens?

Unless...

Are you thinking that a Predictamancer gives potential possibilities, and then, separate of the casting, the Overlord tries to achieve one of those potential futures? 'Cause that's different than what I thought you were saying.
"Well. You know."

"When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
Dark Arbiter

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:18 am

Still waiting on BLAND, if anyone wondered about the wait.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:26 am

The h?

I just received turn 24 yesterday, and while I didn't end it yet come on, I'm sure you were not waiting that long for me. :)
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Huh.

I think me and Ehbobo might be having some communication problems then. I'll go talk to him.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby cib » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:51 am

Soo, I'm a bit too lazy to read through 14 pages of scattered information, hope you don't mind if I ask something that has already been said.

Is this game still running and what are you using to run it? Are things working out well or is something not going as planned? Do you have something like a wiki with all the rules? Oh, and, can I participate(as GM or as player, I don't mind).
cib

Postby Ehbobo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 am

Well, it's going to a degree. There has been some miscommunication among the GMs (myself and Kaed), so the game has sort of been put on hold until we figure it out. We should start going again soon, but we're not accepting new players at this time.
Ehbobo

Postby Twoy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:47 pm

What turn are you guys on now?
Twoy

Postby Crovius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:55 pm

It's been about a week since I too a turn...

My last turn was turn 24 ending and I gave VERY simple orders for turn 25 and never got a reply.
Crovius

Postby Ehbobo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:11 pm

Kaed seems to have gone missing.
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Indeed. Oh well, it was a lot of fun while it laster, I really enjoyed myself and i'm working on a RL version just to play with my rpg circle. Probably will make it very basic. Onto the other erfgames getting set up!
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games