Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Azgrut » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Wow. That does look very neat!

Can't wait to get started :).

And a thought for a flower power spell:
Quite battle: Force two players in a cease fire agreement for 2 turns. Neither of the two may attack the other.

One thing I thought though... Especially with foolamancy spells (and this one). What keeps a player from casting it every turn if he has a high enough leveled caster? Maybe we should put some juice regeneraton system in the game so casters will not be able to cast each spell each turn... (I know it is not really canon though...)

And deserts count as plains except for the farm rules?

And uhm... Maybe not no...

I'll change the livery :P. Their colours will be deep red. Their insignia will be a cresent moon.
Last edited by Azgrut on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azgrut

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Ice cream? That seems random for a desert side. Anyway, my colors are black and red.
Insignia will be up later.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Sinrus

Toranica, lead by the Mighty Lord Sinrus. Red and Black Livery, No Insignia (Natural Dollamancy lets you change this at any time ;) )

Azgrut

Egyptalon, Lead by the Hardy Prince Hadriël. Deep red livery, Crescent Moon Insignia.

Unless anyone wants to make a side, I will start now. People may join later if they wish, and I will pop them a side.

It shall work like this -

You will both pop sides, and I will provide you with intelligence of your immediate surroundings. You will both give your turn orders, and then reveal new area as needed. Then it will proceed to the next turn. Outside of combat, turns will be simultaneous.

We can do this one of two ways. I can keep sending you files on the new info, or we can run Livestream and keep it updated in real time for both of you. I don't know if you guys can run livestream, and we'd have to all be around at the same time, so it's only an alternative.
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Eh... I'd prefer the first way. And how close together are we allowed to make our cities?
Sinrus

Postby turbler » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:54 pm

I wish we got natural Allies... and magic items, and scrolls, and magic kingdom mechanics. I did make a scroll proposal, but the rest... I dunno...

The Nether-Erf Returns!
Side Name: Nethews (short for Nether-Erf
Ruler: Overlord Laharl
Preferred terain: Forest
at level 1 the city pops...
Piker Class (2x)
Faewy
These Units used to use daggers, but Overlord Laharl saw fit to give them spears and make them defensive units, as they are rather large and well fit for the position.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. ( HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3)

Stabber Class (2x)
Pwinny
These Penguin-esque Units wield a pair of Machetes, using them to make up for their dimunitive stature.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each. (HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4)

Scout Class
Gremlin (normally the Nether-Erf uses Imps, but to avoid confusion with the OTHER Imps, they sent Gremlins, which are of the same species)
These Units have almost no body, large wings, and a long tail, and make great scouts, but poor combat units
1 turn, 30 upkeep. (HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8 They possess natural Thinkamancy and may relay information to their Overlord or a Warlord. In the absence of a Thinkamancer, this has a functional maximum range of 6)

Special A
Manticowes (the E is silent)
These Beasts are a common mount for the troops of the Nether-Erf, with good strength and the ability to fly. However they are also very able on their own
Flying, Mount, Fast
Hits 6
Combat 3
Defense 3
Move 11 (includes the bonus from Fast)
Upkeep 40-50
2 turns to pop

Special B
Tweant
These units look quite like tree stumps, and it's said that these are trees that gained sentience. They are quite poisonous however, much like acid rock golems.
Toxic
Hits 6
Combat 5
Defense 4
Move 4
Upkeep 40-50
2 turns pop
Last edited by turbler on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turbler

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Sinrus wrote:Eh... I'd prefer the first way. And how close together are we allowed to make our cities?

Fine with me.

And, Your cities have already been placed. You are a bit away from each other, but not so far that it will take dozens of turns to find each other. Early game should be focused on development anyway.

As for you turbler, this is the alpha version of the game. Features are missing that WILL be implemented later. Right now, we're just trying to see if the basic rules can work. If they need fixing, we'll do that then add other features.

Your side has been noted and when you finish with the Manticowes and pick a type of terrain and Livery/Insignia to start I'll pop you something
Last edited by Kaed on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 pm

No I mean how far away can MY cities be from each other.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:05 pm

OH. Okay. Hmm. Let's say... 15 hexes minimum. That way, both of the cities will always have at least 5 hexes between their Zone of Control and don't overlap.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:25 pm

I've PMed both of you, feel free to begin your first turn any time. :)
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

The insignia of Toranica:

Spoiler: show
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Quite royal!
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 am

Put in some more spells. If someone more mathematically minded want to do the mathamancy, great.
Sinrus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:51 am

Whoah,

this thing has really grown since last I logged in. Mmkay ... I'll re-read the rules and design a side sometime later. 'Tis a weekday after all.

Sinrus wrote:Put in some more spells. If someone more mathematically minded want to do the mathamancy, great.

I like to think I'd qualify, but Mathmancy as seen in the comic cannot do anything a calculator can't do, so for us it's pretty useless. The only thing right now I can improvise (with NO canon support) is something like

Call to Order: reduce the spread of a random factor in an action roll. The average is not allowed to change however.

Example: suppose damage output for a stack gets multiplied with some random factor between 0.1 and 0.9. Average is 0.5, and also means that if this stack started attacking numerous, numerous times and each time getting a new random roll, they'd have done total damage as if that random factor was 0.5 each time.

Call to order would make that factor vary between 0.3 and 0.7 for example.

Since it could affect any random roll, if you have these in your game (gotta reread the rules), it may not be that useless however without Luckamancy (which WOULD be allowed to move that average around) .... ohwell.

It's either that or topological tricks to teleport mirror images of units.

Ironic, cause Math is useful for most anything in our world, but I'd rather not make Mathmancy a jack-of-all-trades, master of none, compared to the other Mancies.

EDIT: ooh, ooh, one more

Dehn Surgery: a) for x turns, a chosen hex boundary is uncrossable- it becomes an indestructible impassible obstacle for all; space ceases to exist on that edge.
b) can "glue" together two hex boundaries that have been previously cut by Dehn surgery- these hex edges might be edges on hexes that are not adjacent. Any unit passing through one edge in the first hex will exit, teleported, through the edge in the other hex. The glue only lasts as long as the original hex cut lasted. Of course, if somebody wants to waste a spell by cutting and gluing neighbouring hexes, well this does nothing.
(EDIT of edit: the barrier/glue is effective on spell ranges also. Hexes that are glued become neighbours for spell range purposes, while an edge being cut between two hexes means that a spell needs to go through the hexes around the cut. This will affect Dehn Surgery too.)

One limit of the surgery: it is never allowed to cut off a region of the map completely. So, you can't cut all six edges on a hex for instance, or all the edges enclosing some region.

Costs ranges etc worked out later, if you guys think any of this is useful.
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 am

I suppose the stats for the overlord are the same as thoes for a warlord?

If warlords levels up, how do their stats increace?

I also suppose that the overlord (and all warlords/royal heirs) have the rider special?

I'll start my turn. I also favour PM's over live feed since well... we have different time zone's :P.
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm

I should have been watching this more closely. I have to try this. Here's my side, I might tweak a bit here and there. Let me know if anything needs to eb changed.

Side Name: Promethea
Ruler Name: Emperor Qashmallin
Type of starting hex preferred: Mountain
A&B Special Unit.

My Level 1 City has the ability to produce:
600 Schmuckers per turn

- Ulgan Stabber Class (x2)
The youngest Ulgan are used as the core attack force. They use their claws to tear apart the enemy and without a Warlord to direct them act like little more than large packs of wolves. But while led they fight with coordination, and are thrilled by the hunt of fleeing enemies. Ulgan have a shaky relationship with the Renders, and without a warlord to keep them all behaved this can result in some squabbles. Against a common enemy though they work together.
1 turn, upkeep 30 each. - HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4

- Tammuz Piker Class (x2)
The hardy Tammuz enjoy their times of peace, many never upgrading to regular Infantry because they prefer not fighting. But when the time comes they are stalwart defenders, giving their lives if they must, knowing that at least they will find peace. Their bodies appear to be made of clay, often making them confused for crap golems, but they are not golems at all, and are popped instead of being made. Referring to them as a golem often results ina chuckle on their part.
1 turn, pops as garrison unit. Upkeep 20 each, can be promoted to normal unit for 50 Schmuckers, but upkeep raises to 30. - HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3

- Galateid Scout (x1)
The youngest of the 'Muses' are used as scouts for the Promethean empire. They are beautiful beings, but their beauty is unnatural and disturbing. Their scouting movements are often slow curves or random circular patterns, often looking as if they are wandering aimlessly. They enjoy sins of the flesh and like to show themselves off in risque attire.
1 turn, 30 upkeep. - HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 6. Scout(8)

- Nepri (x1)
The Prometheans associated mostly with water are haughty beings who consider anyone below them to be "inferior". They are capable swimmers and take advantage of sources of water to surprise the enemy. They usually carry a pair of daggers and wear simple cloth that ripples as they move through the water.
2 turns, 50 upkeep, HP 9, Attack 4, Defense 3, Move 4, Water Capable

- Renders (x1)
Renders resemble larger, disfigured Ulgan. Each claw is as long as a short sword, with the index fingers sometimes growing to equal a longsword in length. Renders are shock trropers, charging at the enemy with amazing speed. Sometimes they are used like an aggressive scout, given an unexplored region and told to charge that way. Engagements with individual Renders, while brief, spread stories fo their ferocity.
2 turns, 40 upkeep, Hp 6, Attack 6, Defense 3, Move 11(+8 from Fast), Fast
Last edited by Crovius on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Hey Crovius. Your scout has the scout (8) special instead of scout (6) because it is a non flyer scout.

Apart from that, Nice! Nature like side?
Azgrut

Postby Kaed » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Okay, looks good, just a few things:

Since you chose to not have a flying scout they have a Scout range of 8 effectively - they move slower but can communicate for a bit longer distance. (edit: Ninja'd)

You also need to chose a livery color(s) and optionally an insignia.

Edit again: Actually, you seem to be 1 point over for the Renders. Remove 1 speed or Attack perhaps? Alternatively, I can raise their upkeep to 50.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sinrus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Just thought, we don't have terrain effects. I made a short list here:

Open: Everything is normal.
Desert: -1 move for non-desert capable.
Swamp: 1/2 move, or 3/4 move for water capable. +1 to defense.
Light forest: -1 move for non-forest capable.
Dense Forest: -2 move for non-forest capable. +1 defense.
Low Mountain: -3 move for non-mountain capable. +2 defense.
Sinrus

Postby Azgrut » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 pm

That does bring a complication since My units have already done things in the desert without having a penalty on their move.

Either the penalty goes in from now on, or all my units are Desert capable. I leave it up to the GM to decide.

And with a -1 move penalty. I asume in game terms that the first move you make in the given terrain type costs the given amount of extra move. Thus if you have 1 move left, you can't enter the desert. Once you entered the desert, you only "pay" the movement penalty once a turn.

Sounds okay?
Azgrut

Postby Sinrus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah, sounds okay. I think that if you start in a hex type other than open, all your units should automatically be capable to that terrain for no extra cost.

EDIT: More magic is up.
Sinrus

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games