Erfworld Game

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game

Postby Sinrus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 pm

turbler wrote:Oh and Sinrus, Snake Eyes and Gambler have no cost... I don't think that was on purpose...

Thanks, fixed it.
Sinrus

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:20 am

Spoiler: show
all combats you have an attacker and a defender.

First: Attacker add all his combat scores together (With bonusses this can become very high indeed) and divides it by the amount of defenders.
You add a random die roll (which can be influenced by luckamancers) and have the Attack score.
Defender add all his defence scores together, divides it by the amount of defenders and adds a dice roll.

The attack score minus defence score equals the amount of hits inflicted. These should be randomised if the attackers are unled and be spread more inteligently the higher the warlord is leveled. The hits will be remembered for first the defenders may strike. (Thus no defenders are dead just yet!)

Defenders add all their combat. Divide by 10, ad dice roll. Attackers do the same with defence. This will be the amount of hits the attackers will suffer.

Now casualties will be removed and when no one retreats, a second combat round starts. Only an attacking stack can retreat when it has a warlord or a leadership unit. Combat rounds will continue until either one side whipes out or the attacker retreats.

If the composition of enemy forces is known before hand, then a lead force can choose to target specific units. Commanders can order an amount of units equal to their level to protect them. Attacks aimed at the commander fall randomly on these units, and the commander can only be harmed when they are all croaked.

And remember, future prospective GMs - The Whim of the Titans trumps all rules in combat save Luckamancy. The ancient DM tactic of fudging the dice to achieve dramatic effect is perfectly acceptable - but try to do this sparingly and only when reasonable. While any on-sided combat situation may have a 1% chance that the losing side will win, that doesn't mean you should do it. When dealing with Mathemancers, plan this ahead instead of negating the prediction entirely.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:23 am

If you're going to use Dehn Surgery, some modification to the spec is needed imo:

Dehn Surgery:

• a) for 2 turns, a chosen hex boundary is uncrossable- it becomes an indestructible impassible obstacle for all; space ceases to exist on that edge. The hex edge must be between hexes that are at most 15 hexes away from the caster. Cuts cannot be placed that would completely sever a region of the map from the rest. 60 juice.
  • b) can "glue" together two hex boundaries that have been previously cut by Dehn surgery- these hex edges might be edges on hexes that are not adjacent, but they must be in hexes that are at most 15 hexes away from the caster. Any unit passing through one edge in the first hex will exit, teleported, through the edge in the other hex. The glue only lasts as long as the original hex cut lasted. 100 juice.

The barrier/glue is effective on spell ranges also. Hexes that are glued become neighbours for spell range purposes, while an edge being cut between two hexes means that a spell needs to go through the hexes around the cut. This will affect Dehn Surgery too.

Specified turn duration at 2 for the cut. This is because of the typical use scenario for this- a caster (and there won't be many) places two cuts on a turn, then glues an edge from each pair resulting from the cut. The glue also lasting a turn.

Specified spell range, and it's reasonably large. The reason for that was that another use of this is supposed to be a "magic relay" to extend the reach of casters.

Increased cost for glue a little. Note that this spell is more expensive than Hat portal, but yeah it functions rather differently.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 am

I am taking a break from managing the game for a bit, to catch up on schoolwork and such. Also, get a proper amount of sleep. xD

I have given my assistant GM, Ehbobo, general instructions for how to run the game. All of you may contact him to give him your side's directions, except Az, who is on hold until everyone can catch up a bit more, by getting to about turn 20. I am going to run his game for a couple more turns before I take a break though - He has almost popped his first warlord/caster and I want him to have that to mull over strategically while he waits.

Please PM a carbon-copy to me of everything that happens
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:44 am

Lucky lukcy guy... how'd he do that so fast then... with only 600 shmuckers to start, and a level 1 city? Did he magically take more turns?
turbler

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 am

turbler wrote:Lucky lukcy guy... how'd he do that so fast then... with only 600 shmuckers to start, and a level 1 city? Did he magically take more turns?

He built resource points and then upgraded his city as soon as he had enough Shmuckers, 5000, (about turn 7) which then doubled his city's Schmucker production. He didn't start the warlord until turn 11 either.

Since you're in a forested area you can build a Sawmill and get +350 Schmuckers a turn for 10-15 turns before scrapping the mill or turning it into a farm.

600 a turn isn't really as hopeless as you're making it out to be, and it doesn't stay that way for long if you do things right. *shrug*
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 am

I'm still on turn two. I've yet to get a response to my last reply. Which I sent 14 hours ago.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 am

Crovius wrote:I'm still on turn two. I've yet to get a response to my last reply. Which I sent 14 hours ago.

D: I'm sorry, I guess my assistant hasn't gotten things together yet. I took a break around the time you sent that and then went to bed.

I'll get on that now. : D
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:50 am

Yay!

I do hope I can get a warlord soon so I don't attack the first person I run into.

Also, if you got the chance to look at the wikipedia entry for Promethean: The created, it's a great source of info on what stuff will get named.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Crovius wrote:Yay!

I do hope I can get a warlord soon so I don't attack the first person I run into.

Also, if you got the chance to look at the wikipedia entry for Promethean: The created, it's a great source of info on what stuff will get named.

Okay. So far I was giving you joke Fae names xD LePhay.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 pm

That would work fine for Galatieds. I mena any name that makes sense. They're things of beauty, but it's an unnatural beauty. Tammuz almost look to be made of clay, often bald and broad shouldered. Ulgan look more a cross between native american, bikers, and hippies. Nepri often look like slimey businessmen (sometimes literally on the slimey part). I want the first Nepri to be named Mr Smith.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:28 pm

An image of the Jewish Golem, which my Tammuz units are based on.
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Crovius wrote: Nepri often look like slimey businessmen (sometimes literally on the slimey part). I want the first Nepri to be named Mr Smith.

Here we see the Loan Shark, swimming about in its natural habitat. Be careful you do not approach it - it make take an arm or a leg.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Crovius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 pm

... That... That was a perfect description of what my Nepri will be like!
Crovius

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:22 pm

The number of turns and posts is becoming quite high xD

If you have directed actions already, and I have not gotten back to you, please remind me here or by PM and I'll look through the logs. I get the feeling I missed someone ._.

I am sorry for any wait.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Ehbobo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey guys, I'm ready. Send me your ORDERS.......
Ehbobo

Postby Kaed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Ehbobo wrote:Hey guys, I'm ready. Send me your ORDERS.......

That's great : D

I'll be handling Az (though he's on hold as soon as he gives the orders for the current turn), and currently I'm working with Crovius and Turbler. I guess that means you only have Sinrus to deal with - lucky guy! Managing one person at first should be good for learning the ropes of GMing this game.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby turbler » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Stuff sent. for spells, Sinrus, Nudge the Die has no cost, and still no Florist animation? Did I make it poorly?
turbler

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Aww man, Mathmancy needs more love. Maybe I can get some more ideas added ...

In the meantime, I've got a few questions about

Specials
Is there a list?
Or, say I want "Builds roads" as a special. Is it minor, usual or major?
Can I make a Special Unit Class D with the Dehn Surgery special? :twisted:

Combat
What bonuses are there?
Why aren't the attackers getting any bonus?
Why aren't bonuses counted in the "retaliation" phase of a combat round?
Is the die roll "added", or was it meant as a multiplicative factor?
And what is the die that's being rolled anyway?
In the "attack" phase of a combat round, why is the defenders' sum-of-defense divided by the number of defenders? Wouldn't number of attackers make more sense?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Aww man, Mathmancy needs more love. Maybe I can get some more ideas added ...

In the meantime, I've got a few questions about

Specials
Is there a list?
Or, say I want "Builds roads" as a special. Is it minor, usual or major?
Can I make a Special Unit Class D with the Dehn Surgery special? :twisted:

Combat
What bonuses are there?
Why aren't the attackers getting any bonus?
Why aren't bonuses counted in the "retaliation" phase of a combat round?
Is the die roll "added", or was it meant as a multiplicative factor?
And what is the die that's being rolled anyway?
In the "attack" phase of a combat round, why is the defenders' sum-of-defense divided by the number of defenders? Wouldn't number of attackers make more sense?
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games