The Battle for Gobwin Bump

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for Gobwin Bump

Postby LTDave » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 am

Ok, some corrections on unit locations and numbers that have been pointed out.

Spoiler: show
Nether-Erf 5 points to spend
Stack K i14
1 Manticowe
3 Shadows (flyer)
1 Commander

Stack S D10
2 Golman Archers (Cavalry, Scout)

Stack I C10
1 Gyro Scope (Flyer, Scout)

Sorry about that - this can get kind of complicated. For the next version I'm going to make people PM me their orders, so I don't have to go hunting for them.

And if you can quote Sun-Tzu, I'll quote Confucius - "Man who chase car get exhausted."
LTDave

Postby Azgrut » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 am

"Even though I would be honoured to lead the assault against the dwagons, there is no possibility that I can reach them. I have no flying mount and none of the flyers can reach me here to fly me back. Not to mantion that my golmon knights, only 4 now after the goblin ambush, will be some sitting ducks for a powerfull commander group."

A question for Dave. You said to Turbler that he was too late with the popping orders. Does that count for me too?
Azgrut

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 am

"Lokarat I rather assumed you'd meet a flyer half way, and that once we had formalised our anti-dragon plans the next order of business would be to work out the best unit positions to protect the rest of the forces. If you're willing to leave you're knights behind, no reason my Cumiwonimbuses couldn't stack up with them to protect them eh wot."

----

Ok so moving Lokarat isn't as easy as I thought, is a Pssitacine useable as a mount?

Because it could move to C10 to collect Lokarat then drop him off at C12 (getting the Pssitacine to a safer location), and from There Lokarat could follow the road to E13, to join with the stacking.

Once I know that I'll post my suggested dwagon battle plan, and all the mathemancy you could need with regards to it. If people agree to that it just leaves moving our other units to minimise the vulnerable ones, if people don't then someone come up with an alternate plan instead.
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 am

OOC: I'm fine with Sihoiba's calculations so far. The Graf would of course not aquiesce to being left out of all of the 2 Diwigible stacks ;)

And another thing. Let's strike with the two stacks first, since we likely know their composition, and then see what else needs doing. We'll bring more troops to bear then.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:31 am

"Right I'll do the movements required to make my plan happen, but here are my first two suggested stacks, and some jolly promising mathamancy!Though this does assume a Pssitacine is capable of carrying Prince Lokarat.

Stack 1:
1 Diwigible
3 Townado
1 Copperhead ACU
2 Gwiffon Hammers
Prince Chevy riding the Diwigible or a Gwiffon Hammer
Damage Potential 29-69

Stack 2:
1 Diwigible
3 Shadow
2 Gwiffon Hammers
Graf Zepellin riding the Diwigible
Conffessor Delacroix riding a Gwiffon Hammer
Prince Lokarat riding a Gwiffon Hammer
Damage Potential 18-43

Code: Select all
This leads to the following possible damage totals from the two attacks:
Attack 2/Attack1      0.15%       0.20%        0.25%       0.30%       0.35%
0.15%                       47             57             67            77            87
0.20%                       53               63             73            83            93
0.25%                       60            70             80            90             100
0.30%                       66             76             86            96            106
0.35%                     72            82             92            102           112

Attack 2/Attack1   0.15%   0.20%   0.25%   0.30%   0.35%
0.15%         3 dwagons    3 dwagons    4 dwagons    4 dwagons    5 dwagons, 2 commanders
0.20%   3 dwagons    4 dwagons   4 dwagons    5 dwagons, 1 commander   All
0.25%   3 dwagons    4 dwagons   5 dwagons   All   All
0.30%   4 dwagons   4 dwagons   5 dwagons, 2 commanders   All   All
0.35%   4 dwagons   5 dwagons, 1 commander   All   All   All

Or in straight Mathemancy that's

32% of killing the entire stack
8% of leaving a single commander alive
8% of leaving two commanders alive
4% chance of all three commanders surviving
32% chance one dwagon and all three commanders survive
16% chance two dwagons and all three commanders survive

Or a 52% chance of all the dwagons dying, sounds like a jolly fine chance to me, and remember all the MCC suffers is two damaged, but not croaked Diwigables . So would you all be willing to go along with my plan? If so I'll give the suggested movement orders."
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am

"That is a sound attack plan, and my Diwigibles, Air Guns and myself stand ready to play our part in it."
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Azgrut » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Yes. This plan sounds perfectly fine with me.

One small problem might be that there are no rules in the first post of dave if we can actually use our units as mounts...

So Dave. Is that possible at all?
Azgrut

Postby The Black Hand » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

The Confessor grinned, sliding the visor of his helmet closed.

"As my lieutenant Anton would say it . . . Time to rock and roll!"
The strength of our future lies in our past.
-VNV Nation

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.
-Sun-tzu, The Art of War
The Black Hand

Postby Crovius » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 pm

"Fine, we'll play it yer way Duke. But Aye want to be in the attack! I'm not missing a chance to join my bruthers in the Hall of Heroes. If I croak, it will be on the offensive, not sitting ildly waitng to be attacked!"

-------------------------
Dagnabit is currently mounted on one of the Gwiffon Hammers. So that leaves 3 others that are not mounted. And Dagnabit should be in one of the fight simply because as far as stats go Dagnabit is one of the strongest commanders with 4 Attack, 10 Defense, and 14 Hits. Infact I think only the Confessor has stronger stats than Dagnabit, all other commanders have less than half the hits.

I'm just saying it makes sense to have him in the attack because how tougher he is compared to most of the other Level 2 commanders.

And it fits his personality.
Crovius

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm

"I had hoped you'd be willing to be part of the third stack that we may well need, Dagnabbit, as while you're strong Delacroix, Chevy and Lokarat are all stronger on attack and while you can take a beating the Diwigibles can take all the hits and survive, and well we can't have the Diwigables without Graf. You're hits would be essential in the third stack as the third stack could be taking a lot of damage, and there's a jolly good chance we'll need to strike with the third."

Duke Kettwey thinks,

"Still I'll see which of the two stack benefits the most or suffers the least from your presence and you can join that one if aren't willing to be reserved for the third."

Stack 1 with addition of Dagnabbit 27 - 64, that's 2-5 points of damage less, I afraid you'll definitely have to stay out of stack 1.

Stack 2 you can replace a shadow 19-45, still there's no reason why two units couldn't ride the Diwigible.

So yes you're more damage in the second stack, and I'll just have put my neck more on the line for the third, eh wot!"

Attack 2/Attack1   0.15%         0.20%                                 0.25%                                 0.30%                                0.35%
    0.15%                   3 dwagons   3 dwagons                          4 dwagons                           4 dwagons                         All
    0.20%                   3 dwagons   4 dwagons                          4 dwagons                           5 dwagons, 1 commander   All
    0.25%                   4 dwagons   4 dwagons                          5 dwagons                           All                                     All
    0.30%                   4 dwagons   4 dwagons                          5 dwagons, 2 commanders   All                                     All
    0.35%                   4 dwagons   5 dwagons,  1 commander   All                                      All                                     All

Or in straight Mathemancy that's

36% of killing the entire stack
4% of leaving a single commander alive
8% of leaving two commanders alive
4% chance of all three commanders surviving
36% chance one dwagon and all three commanders survive
12% chance two dwagons and all three commanders survive

So the odds of wiping out the stack goes up, as does the odds of leaving only one dwagon alive, but the odds of taking out all the dwagons doesn't doesn't increase.
----------

Basically Dagnabbit hits don't matter in this stack, because there's no risk of him getting anywhere near taking damage in the first two stacks. They would be really really useful in the third, stack as that may well have to risk suffering heavy losses, but I missed the fact you'd add more damage to the second. Still it's your character so you decide.
Sihoiba

Postby Crovius » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 pm

The Dwawven commander grumbles, then hocks a loogie over the side of his gwiffon. He shakes his head and finally sighs.

"Fine, Aye'll keep the third stack from danger. But ye best bet the next time we face such a great foe I want to be on the front line with me men."

He gives a dismissive wave and his Gwiffon let's out a sort fo roar as he goes to join with the second stack for the attack.
Last edited by Crovius on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crovius

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 pm

"Well actually I'd my rather happy to stick you in that second stack, I actually think the extra chance to slay all the dragons is rather worth it. So with that in mind, and seeing as I doubt you'll give up your mount for the attack, how do you feel about being in stack 2?"

Duke Kettwey sends the order thinkagram to the other commanders of the MCC.

"So the movement orders to make it happen:

2 Diwigables E12 move to E13. Takes 1 move. Graf moves with the Diwigible he is riding.
3 Townados move to E13. Takes 3 move.
1 Copperhead ACU move to E13. Takes 3 move. Confessor Delacroix rides it there.
4 Gwiffon Hammer moves to E13. Takes 3 move. Dagnabbit rides it there.
Prince Chevy takes the road to E13. Takes 1 move.
2 Shadows move to E13. Takes 4 move.
Delver moves to E10 to give orders to Pssitacine, before moving to C12 for safety sake. Takes 5 move.
Pssitacine moves to C10 and collects Prince Lokarat Lokarat before dropping him off at C12. Takes 4 move.
Prince Lokarat moves to E13 via the road. Takes 1 Move.

Stack as follows:
Stack 1:
Diwigible 1
3 Townados
Copperhead ACU
Gwiffon Hammer
Gwiffon Hammer ridden by Prince Chevy.

Stack 2:
Diwigible 2 ridden by Graf and Prince Lokarat
2 Shadows
1 Gwiffon Hammer ridden by Dagnabbit
1 Gwiffon Hammer ridden by Delacroix

-----

If that's alright with Dagnabbit I'll run the combat, assuming LtDave is happy with the use of mounts.
Sihoiba

Postby Crovius » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:32 pm

"Sounds like a plan. Lets croak some dwagons!"
Crovius

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Stack 1 Attacks

Stack 1 lead by Prince Chevy
COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: D14
TIME OF POST (in minuites and seconds): 4747
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 78
Number of Units in Stack: 8
Stack Bonus: 1.7 {Don't touch this cell please}
Level of Highest Commander: 5
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 1.0 {For attackers, default is 1.0}
Special Bonus: 1.0 {Default is 1.0}
Random Percentage: 30%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 59

Total Defence Value: 54
Number of Units: 8
Stack Bonus: 1.7 {Don't touch this cell please}
Level of Highest Commander: 3
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 1.0 {Open, Lake, Mountain is 1.0, Woods, River are 1.5, Bridges are 2.0. If the Unit move on Road in its turn, 0.5}
Ambush Bonus: 1.0 {Default is 1.0 - Ambush is 2.0}
Random Percentage: 35%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 41

MCC Airforce wins killing 3 dragons, and leaving 1 on 2 hits, 1 uninjured and the commanders are somehow crowding on a mount?!
Diwigible takes 41 hits and has 10 hits left. Chevy gets 1XP.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sihoiba

Postby turbler » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm

"I'll lend myself and my units wherever they are needed. Since I just popped, and I don't exactly know what's going on...It seems however that I am not needed this turn. So I think I might just move on forward."(permission to order my troops around for the turn is granted.Anyone else's Orders and decisions for the turn may overwrite my own.)
(now about that combat Formula. Anyone? And shouldn't a Warlord Pop at level 1[as in no roll required.]? I was thinking I either go to i10 [for an easterly flanking maneuver, if I can get a scout lent to my cause] or d12 [to join up with the main force.] What do you guys think?)
PS:nice moves with those Dwagons.
turbler

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Stack 2 Attack

COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: D14
TIME OF POST (in minuites and seconds): 5639
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 54
Number of Units in Stack: 9
Stack Bonus: 1.6 {Don't touch this cell please}
Level of Highest Commander: 5
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 1.0 {For attackers, default is 1.0}
Random Percentage: 15%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 19

Total Defence Value: 27
Number of Units: 5
Stack Bonus: 1.4 {Don't touch this cell please}
Level of Highest Commander: 3
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 1.0 {Open, Lake, Mountain is 1.0, Woods, River are 1.5, Bridges are 2.0. If the Unit move on Road in its turn, 0.5}
Ambush Bonus: 1.0 {Default is 1.0 - Ambush is 2.0}
Random Percentage: 20%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 9

MCC Airforce wins killing 1 dragon leaving 1 dragon on 1 hit left, and all 3 commanders clinging on to it for dear life presumably.
Diwigible in stack 2 takes 9 hits, and has 42 hits left. Prince Lokarat gets 1XP.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sihoiba

Postby Ehbobo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:09 pm

So close, dammit!
Ehbobo

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Sihoiba, I'd wager that Lokarat did not get 2XPs, but also that he wasn't the only one getting XPs ;)

So yeah, we've had some cwappy damage rolls but it looks like the commanders in the first two stacks go home with one more XP each. The second Diwigible can probably shield the more damaged one, but that comes later.

We'll restack after a third stack hopefully wraps up the combat. 10 damage is enough.

1 damage, while not enough to finish the stack off, cuts off its mobility.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Turbler we appropriated 2 of your 3 shadows for the attack I hope that was ok. Commanders pop with a random level. You can find the combat formula in my post on page 27 for but your reference:

LT Dave on page 1 wrote:When the Commander is created, use the random number generator to determine the level – on a d10, 1-2 is level 1, 3-5 level 2, 6-7 level 3, 8-9 level 4, 10 level 5.

Combat Formula wrote:The combat formula is on offence:

Hits = Total Combat Points X Stack Bonus (1.0 - 1.7 depending on # of units in stack) X Command Bonus (1.0 + 0.1 per command level) X Special Bonus (?) X Random Number (0.15 - 0.35 in discrete steps of 0.05)

The combat formula on defence

Hits = Total Combat Points X Stack Bonus (1.0 - 1.7 depending on # ofunits in stack) X Command Bonus (1.0 + 0.1 per command level) X Terrain Bonus (see page 1 of thread, doesn't apply to flyers?) X Special Bonus (?) X Ambush Bonus (1.0 no ambush, 2.0 ambush) X Random Number (0.15 - 0.35 in discrete steps of 0.05)

So can you roll the level for Flonne, as we're going to need Flonne, her Manticore and the last shadow in stack 3.

Units available for stack 3.
Duke Kettwey
Flonne
1 Manticowe
1 Shadow
6 Airgun

-----

"Jolly good show chaps nearly wiped them out, watching those 3 clinging to what's left of that dwagon brings a cheer to my heart. Now for our final follow up attack, until we know what level Flonne is our stack 3 of:

Shadow
6 Airgun
Manticowe
Myself (Duke Kettwey)
Flonne

has 17 attack and 22 hits, 4-11 damage. Meaning we can worst finish off the dragon and 1 commander leaving them 2 commanders with 5 move each and a total of 2 attack and 6 hits. Presumably now grounded and a target for our ground units as no longer mounted on flyers. Best case we finish the stack off completely.

In return they'll deal 4-10 damage back meaning I think the Manticowe should be first in the stack and then 2 air guns and then the shadow. Meaning we either lose at best nothing or at worst the Manticowe, and 2 Airguns."
Last edited by Sihoiba on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Sihoiba, I'd wager that Lokarat did not get 2XPs, but also that he wasn't the only one getting XPs ;)

Is it just the stack leader or every commander in a stack that get's XP?
Sihoiba

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games