PbP Games?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: PbP Games?

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Crovius wrote:
TheCake wrote:I'm not good at backstories like... at all

I'd be willing to help. I like making backstories. Just don't have time right now to do that. Just PM the concept and basics and I'll flesh it out sometime tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Well i don't really care that much about how it turns out just look at my character and do what you want-But i like gold
If it makes it easier for everyone i can play a monk instead
Last edited by TheCake on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCake

Postby Crovius » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 pm

We do have a lot of rogues...
Crovius

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:04 pm

2 is alot of rogues?
TheCake

Postby jioan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:10 pm

I made a background story and added to my appearance.
Also, it appears that we won't have enough room for all these characters so I suggest anyone who wants to get in now to make a fighter or barbarian since we still need a tank.
Last edited by jioan on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jioan

Postby Gerwulf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 pm

I also need to know every one's race. some of you have posted it, but others have not. make sure you edit your posts acordingly
Gerwulf

Postby malekith » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:58 am

Lothmar wrote:Yes... But Tieflings are a race with a +1ECL, meaning a first level tiefling is comparable to a second level.

Like I said, as far as I can assume, the generator has included any difference this would make to the generation of the character and now Gerwulf knows about it due to our conversation :lol:
But as you said it shouldn't make a big difference, im not that much more survivable, as long as everyone is ok with it and gerwulf said any playable race, so...

also gonna work on my backstory today ill edit my post on the previous page when im done. It'll only be a short couple of paragraphs... i hope ;) plus i've got to work out stealth and perception. cos i've put ranks into all 4 skills that it covers do I gain any back? or should I just use all the ranks as they stand?
and since when are 2 rouges a lot?

M
malekith

Postby chrono » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm more or less done with Franklyn's equipment (edited last post) and as I was doing it I can't help but wonder why we aren't using actual online character sheets. Now if only I could remember what site I used...

2 is alot of rogues?

I almost made one or two as well - I've been half meaning to make a half-elf charismatic talkative rogue or dwarf stabbity down-to-business trap disarm rogue. Anyway, one of the first concepts posted was a ranger and if geared toward it they can more or less cover trapfinding (that's what a dwarf ranger does in my current IRL game since our rogue ran away) and the party as a whole can usually make up for the "skill monkey" aspect as well.

Also, it appears that we won't have enough room for all these characters so I suggest anyone who wants to get in now to make a fighter or barbarian since we still need a tank.

It seems that we have plenty of divine magic users (a.k.a. walking healer kits) as well as many characters who can stand their ground in combat (cleric, druid, ranger, rogues, etc). So we're not THAT short on brute force in combat. On the other hand a wizard would have been nice, or maybe even bard since the sorcerer's usually inferior spellcraft, UMD and limited spell selection can't always cover all of a 6-person party's arcane needs.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby malekith » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:35 pm

chrono wrote: I can't help but wonder why we aren't using actual online character sheets. Now if only I could remember what site I used...

that would have been a great plan until we had those streamlined skills.
But in fairness I have a copy of my character in word and pathguy's character generator spits out a html page you can save, and if you send it my way i have some webspace to host em on :D only problem is you have to work out money and thus what equipment you get manually and it doesn't have the combined skills.

M
malekith

Postby jioan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Are we going to start this wekend or wait another week or so to get started?
Its already been almost a month since this topic started.
jioan

Postby Gerwulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:17 pm

The plan is to start this sunday. Feel free to keep a webpage host of character sheats, My plan was to create each one with Hero Forge and keep them in a file on my desk, but if we have a online place to store them, that would save me a lot of paper. looking forward to geting started.
Gerwulf

Postby TheCake » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh, I should warn you ahead of time I'm not really going to be on next week i'm going camping so i could post maybe really early Monday nothing Tuesday-Thursday and maybe late Friday
TheCake

Postby Gerwulf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I think I've got the party prety much chosen at this point. there is still room for one more if something impresses me. so keep posting if you want to play. I may set up the new thread on Saturday to give everyone a chance to post their first actions.
Gerwulf

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:51 pm

It would be nice to know if we were on the short list so if we still wanted to play we would know to make something to "wow" you.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Gerwulf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:36 am

I've sent PMs to everyone who will be joining the party for sure. if you havn't recieved one, feel free to post another character and try to get that last spot. official list goes up tomorrow evning.
Gerwulf

Postby Lothmar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:47 am

Hmm, I think I've finally decided on my primary choice and secondary... ~Edits~ ^ ^

Am I the only arcane caster (save a bard...)? Guess I dont have to be too worried overall unless an awesome wizard joins. Then again, nothing says there has to be an arcane caster in the party so im glad I made a back-up.
Lothmar

Postby malekith » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 am

damn, old Zith didn't make it then...
ill have to start thinking of another character whilst at work. Possibly a Barbarian or a Monk...

M
malekith

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm

[quote="Cmdr I. Heartly Noah"]

Curse me for quoting when I mean to edit.

Vesk stood in the crowded foyer of the administrative building, becoming more irritated. Magistrate Benne was as long-winded as he was fat, and Benne was very fat. So fat that a kidnapping attempt once failed when two huge tavern brutes failed to drag him half a block. Benne liked to hear himself talk, Vesk mused, or perhaps it was a method of breaking away the deception of those who came before him - only the truly serious would sit through his rambling, and by the time you were to speak you were too disoriented and weary to get through anything but a short version of the truth.

All this meant to Vesk right now, however, was that he was waiting an extra hour before getting to go before the Magistrate. A group of gnomish tinkers had gotten their cart into an accident with a dwarf smith. It was the dwarf's fault, but he had been enraged and had intimidated the gnomes from getting any restitution on the spot. Most of the bureaucrats in the city had little patience for gnomes or halflings, and being inventors more than merchants, the gnomes weren't confident in their ability to make their case, particularly in the prescence of the dwarf. So they came to Vesk with a retainer of five copper pieces and so Vesk had arrived early to the Magistrate's office today, only to wait, and wait, and wait...

...Vesk almost didn't see the man until he collided with him, mumbling an apology before spinning off and continuing on his way. Vesk hardly noticed the piece of paper in his hand until the man was almost out of sight. Straightening himself, Vesk pulled open the note and inspected it.

- Taman's dock. Midnight. -

That was it. Vesk looked around to see if anyone was watching him. No one was. He put the note in his tunic pocket and was almost able to finish a thought when the doors opened and Swail, a middle-aged halfling in inexpensive but well-fitting clothes looked up at him. "The Magistrate is ready for you, Mister Vesk."

The dwarf had to pay for to repair the gnomes' cart, and they split the cost of re-thatching the roof that had burned half off when the collision sent the gnome's non-magical fireball thrower spouting off. A fair decision, but not as good as he was hoping for. Still, the gnomes were pleased, more for the respect, he thought, than the expense. After paying him, they really only saved on half the price of the repair.

All afternoon Vesk had wondered about the note, and the man who had given it to him so skillfully. Man - for all he knew it was a heavy elf, or a woman. The person had been smaller than him, or so he thought - he had been hunched over, so at full height he might be as tall - but lighter, certainly. Other than that he had no idea, he'd gotten no look at the stranger until he was nearly out of sight. It had all happened so quickly, he must have been a pickpocket or a stage magician. The idea thrilled Vesk, who had only read about adventures that started this way. Why would they want to meet him, and in secret? He'd never even met Taman, let alone spoken to him. If this were a story, most logically it would be a trap, but he hadn't any enemies- all the people he spoke for in the courts were simple people, the stakes were very low - no decision had involved more than a gold piece or two, and not against anyone who couldn't spare it. Perhaps someone had gotten themselves in trouble, and they needed help but couldn't show themselves in public. It was an exciting prospect.

Changing out of his tunic and cotton leggings into a loose sackcloth shirt and tight leather breeches, he buckled on his longsword and dagger, threw on a simple brown hat, and took a stroll. The last public house before his destination was the Sauced Crab, and Vesk stopped in for a meal and a drink. There went most of the day's payment - the only fare that looked like it wouldn't test his orcish constitution was a surprisingly expensive soup, and two beers, though fairly large and of agreeable quality, didn't help his purse. On the bright side, if he was to be robbed tonight, the robbers would come away with a sorry pittance.

As midnight approached, Vesk left the tavern and strolled along the docks, nodding at a guard carrying a lantern on a pole. The moon was near full, and the various lights blinking out gave a dim glow to match the salty sea air - not that it mattered, were it new moon in the forest, Vesk could see his way, or so he supposed - he couldn't remember ever being in the forest. Before long, he came upon Taman's storefront, where he and his four sons would repair boat hulls and his three daughters would stitch sails. Looking toward the dock, he saw no one, nor anyone near the building. Guessing himself early or his contact late, he shrugged and walked on a bit, intending to go a ways before returning.
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Crovius » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:04 pm

aww, no druid love then. oh well, i'll catch a different game then.
Crovius

Postby malekith » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Here's my new character saved ever so nicely in my webspace, if anyone else want's there characters in it just send me a copy of a document with what ever you're using for a character sheet in it and ill post up the link.

Gromnir Oathkeeper - Dwarf Fighter
EDIT: It's not on the page yet but the religion is Diamitriss.

Also working on a backstory for Zithith as I hope he's still in contention as well.
EDIT 2: Here's Zithith's online character sheet (includes skill changes and description/backstory)
Zithith Ansir

M
malekith

Postby Gerwulf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Offical selections are made and first scene is set. It can be found here: http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=266
Gerwulf

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games