Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:27 pm

zilfallon wrote:If you feel guilt for wasting your players' time by eating, join my cause and you won't need to eat! I'll even make you an heir
Fridge Logic Question: What does the upkeep of zilfallon's units go towards?
Fridge Brilliance Answer:
Spoiler: show
The cost of the spell scrolls to stop them falling apart, obviously!
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Nihila wrote:
zilfallon wrote:If you feel guilt for wasting your players' time by eating, join my cause and you won't need to eat! I'll even make you an heir
Fridge Logic Question: What does the upkeep of zilfallon's units go towards?
Fridge Brilliance Answer:
Spoiler: show
The cost of the spell scrolls to stop them falling apart, obviously!

Yep! This system is better than the standard ration system, because the units don't have to waste their precious time eating, the Sovereign's power manages it all and the units have more time to repay their debt to him!

Join the army of the dead, "live" a longer and more meaningful life!
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Blearghejetiketch. I took my turn, and I tamed an Elephant! It won't be much use in naval operations, but it has good stats. (For the curious, it's a Heavy, Mount unit with 7 Move, 6+1 Hits, 5+1 Attack, and 5 Defense). Very powerful, as one of my warlords learned. If only I could pop more of them, but alas.

zilfallon wrote:Join the army of the dead, "live" a longer and more meaningful life!
I'm surprised you're not a republic, after all, death is the ultimate democracy.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:45 pm

zilfallon wrote:I'll even make you an heir :P

There's an obvious joke hiding in here somewhere.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Nihila wrote:Blearghejetiketch. I took my turn, and I tamed an Elephant! It won't be much use in naval operations, but it has good stats. (For the curious, it's a Heavy, Mount unit with 7 Move, 6+1 Hits, 5+1 Attack, and 5 Defense). Very powerful, as one of my warlords learned. If only I could pop more of them, but alas.

zilfallon wrote:Join the army of the dead, "live" a longer and more meaningful life!
I'm surprised you're not a republic, after all, death is the ultimate democracy.

"Death is the ultimate democracy" Like that sentence! Wish I was a republic, after this cool line :D

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
zilfallon wrote:I'll even make you an heir :P

There's an obvious joke hiding in here somewhere.

Uhm what do you mean exactly, Bland? :(
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Crovius » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Geez, I'm just working on my Turn 2 post :|

Well hopefully I find some cool things nearby. I'm surrounded by mountains, should find SOMETHING
Crovius

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:51 pm

You greedy mountainer, you have all the income of the erf, what more do you want? :D
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:51 pm

zilfallon wrote:"Death is the ultimate democracy" Like that sentence! Wish I was a republic, after this cool line
Oddly, it's actually much more original than I thought--if you allow only the exact wording, it only gets 48 hits on google, while the exact words "is the ultimate democracy" get 48 Thousand Hits.
zilfallon wrote:Uhm what do you mean exactly, Bland?
An heir is what you become after someone else dies. An heir who inherits while dead? Total reversal.
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:54 pm

You thought too far, Nihila.

Suffice to say that the thing I was referring to (which may not translate in English as it does in my native tongue) was the Queen's Duty in a patriarchal society.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:56 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:You thought too far, Nihila.

Suffice to say that the thing I was referring to (which may not translate in English as it does in my native tongue) was the Queen's Duty in a patriarchal society.

Oh, lol...Well sorry, NO that wasn't what i meant by "make an heir". i meant promoting Siralus to an heir, not "making an heir" from scratch for him to play
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Crovius » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:04 pm

How much would it cost to rush production? I should make use of my vast wealth.
Crovius

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I think...

-Each city can rush once per turn
-Rushing means, shortening the production in the city you rush by 1 turn. It costs equal to the upkeep of the unit (or cost of the city upgrade per turn) to rush.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Crovius » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Does upkeep get paid on that unit that turn or at the beginning of next turn because if that's the formula I could easilly rush for the next few turns to catch up to you guys.
Crovius

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Let me give you an example with a bit more explanation ( Siralus, correct me if i'm wrong )

-Training a unit costs it's upkeep for each turn. So, it is basically, you start paying for the unit as it was in your control, but it becomes availible for action after it's training time. Rushing means you pay 1 additional turn's worth of upkeep.

Example:

Let's say I have 500 gold in treasury, and +250 to income. There's a unit which has 50 upkeep, and needs 2 turns to be trained.

Now, I put that unit to queue > My income is 250 - 50 = 200 gold.

** End Turn **

My treasury has 700 gold, income is still 200. The unit will be done next turn, but I choose to rush it:

It has 50 upkeep, so I rush it, my treasury becomes 650 gold, and the unit is in the city i produced it now, while my income is still 200 because upkeep doesn't change while the unit is in action or training queue.

Edit: By the way, why aren't you asking Siralus? Are you playing without the GM? :D
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 pm

zilfallon wrote:I think...

-Rushing means, shortening the production in the city you rush by 1 turn. It costs equal to the upkeep of the unit (or cost of the city upgrade per turn) to rush.
Rushing means, you shorten the production time of the whatever to one turn. It costs the total remaining cost of the whatever (so, 3 turns remaining, 100 gold per turn=300 gold), and the unit pops that turn, after upkeep is paid.

So, Crovius, you would begin paying upkeep next turn.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 pm

No, you can finish a production via rush, once per turn. This is something I opted for to strictly avoid someone with a level 5 city and, say, 4,000 gold going all persia on a besieging army's arse by popping 130 units of archers and mowing everything down before disbanding.
Siralus

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Nihila, are you sure it is TO one turn????? Siralus didn't tell me so...

Siralus wrote:

No, you can finish a production via rush, once per turn. This is something I opted for to strictly avoid someone with a level 5 city and, say, 4,000 gold going all persia on a besieging army's arse by popping 130 units of archers and mowing everything down before disbanding.

"finish" once per turn? So, i can instantly pop a unit which takes 1 turn, then start something longer AND rush it to as low as 1 turn ??? Oh god, this changes my entire strategy...Now I understand what Parson felt like when he learned about rules which hindered his plans :D
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Well, you can only pop one unit per turn, and it costs a lot of gold. Rushing a D-unit from scratch costs 375 gold in a Lv. 5 city.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Nihila wrote:Well, you can only pop one unit per turn, and it costs a lot of gold. Rushing a D-unit from scratch costs 375 gold in a Lv. 5 city.

This, essentially. I'm happy for money to make people build insanely fast, otherwise its got no real use other than max army size, and anything you pool is semi-wasted.

I just, as mentioned above, don't like someone being able to instantly pull an army out of their arse and block out the sun. If you misunderstood me, I'll apologise for poor explanation.

Anything I can 'hotfix' in the rules that I think needs it, I will, because ultimately, I'm trying to make a better game.

I have this vision in my mind of using an actual board of painted hex tiles studded with flags and insignia, with friends actually quite interested in looking at the map and peering across it as they make sweeping gestures of their arm and declare that they will conquer it all. And then I tell them a dragon destroyed their capital...

*Drifts off...*
Siralus

Postby Azgrut » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Wow... I don't go to the forums for a few days and this one has 6 pages in it... :P

I'll make a side right away.
Azgrut

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games