Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Is this the fastest growing thread in this forum? I think it is.

Congratulations, Siralus, you've unleashed a monster of a thread into the world!

And, Az, will we get to see the Golmon Empire at its finest? :) I hope so, it'd be nice to see Lokarat again.

Edit: Az, 6 pages? By commenting on this, I made it even longer! :lol:
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:55 pm

I live to serve.

And bump myself regularly enough.

And to serve.

(AND FOR INTERNET FAME!)
Siralus

Postby Crovius » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:09 pm

This is indeed fast growing.

Like my Treasury!

I make about 1500 a turn and upkeep is less than half that. Once I get a couple more mining cities up, I'll be banking! And the firt side I runinto might find my fat purses sounding nice if they choose to join forces with me. :twisted:
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Crovius wrote:This is indeed fast growing.

Like my Treasury!

I make about 1500 a turn and upkeep is less than half that. Once I get a couple more mining cities up, I'll be banking! And the firt side I runinto might find my fat purses sounding nice if they choose to join forces with me. :twisted:
You wouldn't happen to need a large, fanatically devoted navy, now, would you?
Risun's assassination fees are nominal. (Or, well, not at all, Sea Assassins are expensive, but why let reality get in the way of messing with quotes?)

Edit: Siralus, what turn is everyone on?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Crovius » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:06 pm

I just finished my 2nd turn.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:12 pm

And my side. :)

Golmon.
Barbarian State
Prefer to start in/next to Plains

Basic Units:
a) Citizen Warriors: Move 3, Hits 7, Attack 6, Defense 5, Long Range (14), Garrison (0) Weapon Type: sword (This unit cost 98, and has 15 upkeep)
b) Warrior sapper: Move 4, Hits 5, Attack 7, Defense 4, Siege (12), Rider (10), Weapon Type: Mace (This unit cost 100, and has 30 upkeep)
c) Battle Hawk: Move 11, Hits 4, Attack 2, Defense 1, Scout, Mountain affinity (This unit cost 100, and has 30 upkeep)
“These Hawks fly low to scout terrain for any dangers. They therefore have not the flyer trait.”

Special Units:

a) Steppe Horse: Move 9, Hits 7, Attack 5, Defense 5, Mount (6), (This unit cost 116, has 45 upkeep)
b) Golmon Knight-Archers: Move 5, Hits 7, Attack 7, Defense 3, Rider, Long Range, Plains Affinity, Polearms (This unit cost 120, has 45 upkeep)
c) Warrior Saints: Move 4, Hits 5, Attack 7 (8), Defense 2, Rider, Ethereal, Magic Damage, Fearless, Arcane (Consume) (148) Weapon Type: Polearm (This unit cost 148, has 60 upkeep)
“These warrior saints are believed to be the returned spirits of fallen Golmon knights. It is because of these warriors and their mounts that the Golmon are so ultimately feared in combat.”
d) Ghost Dwagon: Move 9, Hits 6 , Attack 7 (8), Defense 3, Flying, Mount, Frightening, Ethreal, Magic Damage (This unit cost 177, has 75 upkeep)

Naval Units:

a) Kraken: Move 7, Hits 7, Attack 6, Defense 4, Vessel, Mount (This unit cost 96, and has 30 upkeep)
b) War Galley: Move 6, Hits 9, Attack 2, Defense 4, Vessel, Transport, Armoured (This unit cost 97, and has 30 upkeep)

Question, if I, at a later time, wish to become a Royal faction, how do I do that? Since you need a royal warlord to become monarch but you cant create any :P.

Any way, Golmons are barbarians at start. Doesn't mean someone cant call himself Prince now can he?
Last edited by Azgrut on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azgrut

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Siralus, can non-Ethereal units use Ethereal units as mounts? That makes very little sense.
Nihila

Postby Azgrut » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 pm

I dunno if non eth's can use Eth's as mount but luckely I have Saints for that :).

And about the other thing, that was just a copy paste failure. :p
Azgrut

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah, I removed it after your edit. Let's let everyone wonder what we're talking about now. :P

Yeah, those Ethereal units could get annoying. Especially since my only Magic Damage units are melee. Oh well, those units aren't ranged, so they have to come into close range anyways.

Nice side you've got there, Azgrut, but... why do your Golmon Knights have Plains Affinity? It's redundant, and Desert Affinity would work just as well with a Mongol Empire themed side.
Nihila

Postby Azgrut » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 am

Well, since they would be capable of batteling better in plains. But it is rather pointless in the end... But so is desert capable since they will probably be mounted and thus use the movement of the horses...

I'll think about it and probably change it.

Gz!
Azgrut

Postby zilfallon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 am

well crovius, i'll be happy to join forces with you, with your money, i can even get a stack of skeletal dwagons + knights, and then we'd be unstoppable
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 am

zilfallon wrote:well crovius, i'll be happy to join forces with you, with your money, i can even get a stack of skeletal dwagons + knights, and then we'd be unstoppable
Until you hit water, comrade. Until you hit water. In fact, a high-level Elementalism caster could slice a full stack of skeletal dwagons out of the sky, then let the Dwead Knights fall a few hundred feet. But no one would ever build an Elementalism caster, of course. So you'd just have to worry about raiding Sea Assassins, 20-foot long snakelike Glacier Dwagons, fanatical Aimursas, and slow-moving but hard-hitting Ventae Elementalum.
Azgrut wrote:Well, since they would be capable of batteling better in plains. But it is rather pointless in the end... But so is desert capable since they will probably be mounted and thus use the movement of the horses...
Only defensively, and they don't look very suited for a defensive fight--the Polearms lower their attack by one on defense at close range, and they have low defense already. Though, IDK, that might encourage you to keep Plains Affinity. :)

On a mostly unrelated side note, I started a Mongol Conquests scenario game in Civ. 4. I've already overrun three-fourths of China, and I've taken no prisoners, cities, etc.--that's why razing and pillaging were invented. Now, I'll let people vote: Would they rather me attack Kazakhstan, Korea, or the last part of China next?

The success in that game will remind me to take Azgrut's (and, for that matter, everyone else's) sides very seriously. But especially Azgrut's.
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:31 am

Nihila wrote:
zilfallon wrote:well crovius, i'll be happy to join forces with you, with your money, i can even get a stack of skeletal dwagons + knights, and then we'd be unstoppable
Until you hit water, comrade. Until you hit water. In fact, a high-level Elementalism caster could slice a full stack of skeletal dwagons out of the sky, then let the Dwead Knights fall a few hundred feet. But no one would ever build an Elementalism caster, of course. So you'd just have to worry about raiding Sea Assassins, 20-foot long snakelike Glacier Dwagons, fanatical Aimursas, and slow-moving but hard-hitting Ventae Elementalum.

Comrade, why the violence between us, who follow same idea and share similliar goals? Together, you will rule the seas, and the in-land will be dominated by the army of the dead. I'll even give your croaked troops free graves(though i can't guarantee that they'll stay there for long) :D
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:38 am

zilfallon wrote:Comrade, why the violence between us, who follow same idea and share similliar goals? Together, you will rule the seas, and the in-land will be dominated by the army of the dead. I'll even give your croaked troops free graves(though i can't guarantee that they'll stay there for long)
Of course, at a later date, the exact distribution of the world can be determined, perhaps after we eliminate the NPC states, the rest of us can join together in a great Congress of PC Nations, and carve up the world. :) But, you know, long-term planning. Don't put the Aquatic Siege Engine before the Sea Horse, the Prophet-Emperor always says.
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43 am

Nihila wrote:
zilfallon wrote:Comrade, why the violence between us, who follow same idea and share similliar goals? Together, you will rule the seas, and the in-land will be dominated by the army of the dead. I'll even give your croaked troops free graves(though i can't guarantee that they'll stay there for long)
Of course, at a later date, the exact distribution of the world can be determined, perhaps after we eliminate the NPC states, the rest of us can join together in a great Congress of PC Nations, and carve up the world. :) But, you know, long-term planning. Don't put the Aquatic Siege Engine before the Sea Horse, the Prophet-Emperor always says.

Your empire has a nice proverb. Maybe it is because you're a theocracy, you know, signamancy or such may have caused this. Mine is totally a monarchy, because only the royals are "alive" maybe. It would be pointless to be a republic without any "citizens".
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:40 am

Yes, proverbs are why we keep the Emperor around. That and the elemental magic.

Siralus, I have another question:
Do Cordonnia's Dwarf Mon'kes have Mt. Affinity? It doesn't say that they do on their character sheet.

(And an old one, so it doesn't get lost)
Can non-Ethereals use Ethereals as mounts?
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 am

Nihila wrote:Yes, proverbs are why we keep the Emperor around. That and the elemental magic.

Siralus, I have another question:
Do Cordonnia's Dwarf Mon'kes have Mt. Affinity? It doesn't say that they do on their character sheet.

(And an old one, so it doesn't get lost)
Can non-Ethereals use Ethereals as mounts?

They don't, no. The Cordonn player would also like to point out that amongst his people, Mon'Ke is a grave insult, and the name given to the dwarven auxiliaries is an enormous in-joke amongst the Cordonns.

And Az, you can become a royal nation by having your faction ruler die, going through the turn of anarchy, and nominating your new monarch out of your warlords. He'll become a royal warlord of the same level.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 am

And what about the Ethereal question?
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 am

Nihila wrote:And what about the Ethereal question?

Its a common sense issue than a rules one, but yeah. I'll put it in. It would be a bit fishy to have physicals riding ghosts.
Siralus

Postby Siralus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:09 am

The last faction has entered the fray!

(The other rl friend, who is back from holiday)

The Mesmerism Theocracy of Fenlundor

Basic Units:
a) Sentinel: Move 7; Hits 4; Attack 6; Defense 3; upkeep 30, Ranged, Heavy Forest affinity, swords
b) Branchwalker: Move 6; Hits 6; Attack 6; Defense 4; upkeep 30, Heavy Forest affinity, Swords
c) Glade Mares: Move 10, Hits 7, Attack 2, Defense 2; upkeep 30, Mount, Heavy Forest affinity, maces

Special Units:
a) Silverbranch Warden: Move 3, Hits 6, Attack 8(9), Defense 3, Magical Damage, long ranged, rider, polearms, upkeep 45
b) Storm Eagle: Move 10; Hits 7(8); Attack 2(3); Defense 3; Mount; Flying, Heavy, upkeep 45.
c) Ancestor Guardian: Move 6; Hits 8; Attack 7(8); Defense 4; Ethereal, Magical Damage, swords, upkeep 60.
d) Stalker: Move 6, Hits 9, Attack 7(11), Defense 5, Heavy Forest affinity, Maces, Lightning Breath, Siege, Fearsome, 75 upkeep

Naval Units:
a) Sloop: Move 9, Hits 6, Attack 6, Defense 3, Vessel
b) Ferry: Move 6, Hits 12, Attack 0, Defense 2, Vessel, Transport

No more factions now, please. 6 is plenty to fill the map, and my time.
Last edited by Siralus on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siralus

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games