Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Postby Crovius » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 pm

How's this for a side? Designed for mountains both inland and coastal

Septiastry: Thoecracy Faction
School of Magic: Divination
Prefer to start in/next to Mountain Hexes

Basic Units:
a) Slayer: Move 7, Hits 5, Attack 7, Defense 3, Mountain Affinity, Weapon Type:Axe (This unit cost 98, and has 30 upkeep)
b) Mountaineer: Move 3, Hits 8, Attack 3, Defense 6, Mountain Affinity, Heavy, Armoured, Weapon Type:Mace (This unit cost 98, and has 30 upkeep)
c) Farseeker: Move 9, Hits 4, Attack 4, Defense 1, Mountain Affinity, Scout, Long Ranged (This unit cost 98, and has 30 upkeep)

Special Units:

a) Keep Guard: Move 4, Hits 8, Attack 6, Defense 4, Mountain Affinity, Rider, Armoured, Weapon Type:Polearm (This unit cost 120, has 45 upkeep)
b) Guarguana: Move 7, Hits 5, Attack 5, Defense 3, Mountain Affinity, Mount, Fearsome, Toxic, Scout (This unit cost 118, has 45 upkeep)
c) Goliath: Move 4, Hits 10, Attack 6, Defense 4, Mountain Affinity, Siege, Heavy, Fearless, Armoured, Weapon Type:Mace (This unit cost 148, has 60 upkeep)
d) Cliff Raptor: Move 9, Hits 5, Attack 7, Defense 4, Flying, Scout, Mount, Sonic Breath Weapon, Fearless (This unit cost 177, has 75 upkeep)

Naval Units:

a) Cliff Diver: Move 8, Hits 8, Attack 3, Defense 3, Water Affinity, Mountain Affinity (This unit cost 100, and has 30 upkeep)
b) Swallow Belly: Move 3, Hits 12, Attack 1, Defense 2, Vessel, Transport, Heavy (This unit cost 96, and has 30 upkeep)
Crovius

Postby Siralus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Ok, I'll put you on the map with a level 5 capital city, and 2 level 1 cities. You'll start with 3 level 1 warlords, and a level 3 divination caster as a faction leader, along with some basic units in each city. Then I'll bundle all of this into a file and send it to you via email.

Anyone else want to join in? I can comfortably fit 1-3 more volunteers. Also, I'll post up the faction details of the RL friend's faction soon.

Edit: Also also, I can see those farseekers being insufferably annoying for your opponents if you keep them surrounded by mountains.
Edit edit: Also also also, I assume you didn't include the effect of those specials in your stats? I'll put them in brackets for you.
Edit edit edit: After managing to email myself the information, I then sent it on to you.
Last edited by Siralus on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siralus

Postby Crovius » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Siralus wrote:Ok, I'll put you on the map with a level 5 capital city, and 2 level 1 cities. You'll start with 3 level 1 warlords, and a level 3 divination caster as a faction leader, along with some basic units in each city. Then I'll bundle all of this into a file and send it to you via email.

Anyone else want to join in? I can comfortably fit 1-3 more volunteers. Also, I'll post up the faction details of the RL friend's faction soon.

Edit: Also also, I can see those farseekers being insufferably annoying for your opponents if you keep them surrounded by mountains.
Edit edit: Also also also, I assume you didn't include the effect of those specials in your stats? I'll put them in brackets for you.

The +1 HP and Attak from Heavy I did include, btu that's it.
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Keep a spot open for me! :) I'll make a side first thing in the morning tomorow.

About the combat system though,

I do not really see the use of rolling a d6 and adding that to anything. I mean with numbers running in hundred somethings, a d6 looks kind of pointless and insignificant. Like a uber epic character with D&D would not mind his 1d12 if he already adds 80 damage with his hit :P.

With just a d6 to add to either attack or defence, it just takes a little time calculating to see if you have 100% chance of doing damage. I mean, in this example, it must have been a poor tactician that ordered the attack on the pikemen with his valuable knights. Like you said, the attackers had a total attack (before rolling) of 168. The defenders had a total defence of 173. Meaning that the knights, even if they rolled a 6, would be unable to score higher then their opponents. (I know, it is just an example).

What I am trying to say is, in massive combats the random modifier is just too insignificant. You just count all things up and instantly know if you win or lose the battle...

Maybe some percentile roll? Like you multiply your attack (or defence) by 0,5-1,0 (like BfGB). That way there is always the chance of losing or winning except for small calculations. (Unless the odds are really against you... :P).

-edit- And I can find the formula's or exponential increment for unit creations... where did you find it Crovius?
Azgrut

Postby Siralus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 pm

I sent it to him, but I'll just add it to my google docs account soon and add that to the first post. And yeah, I'm aware the random factor is small; maybe just roll a dice for every second participating unit per side? (So there would have been 1 + 4 for the attacker, and 1 +5 for the defender)

Edit: Link added in my third post next to the rules.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:21 pm

How often would I need to check for a turn? I'd like to try this out, it looks like fun.

Also, can I buy Water Affinity for all my units?

One more thing: What's the upkeep for warlords, royal warlords, casters, archmages, and governors?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Crovius » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Speaking of, is it possible for a city to by made on a water hex? (Perhaps have a penalty to it's max size? Also, can units with Long range that are in a transport still attack adjacent hexes? So if a sea transport is attacked by Nihlia's water units my Farseekers can retaliate. Though as soon as the transport goes down they're doomed if they can't escape to an adjacent land hex...
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:23 am

I'll just assume that I can get Water Affinity for all units for now, and post my side. Siralus, could you PM me my turns? If not, I'll PM you my email address, but either way, could I PM you my orders for each turn?

Risun: Theocracy Faction; Elementalism
Leader's form of address: Emperor
Prefer to start next to Water Hexes, on an Island.

Basic units:
Tortoiseshells: Move 4, Hits 7, Attack 4, Defense 5, Weapon Type: Polearm, Water Affinity, Formations, Armored (Cost=100, Upkeep=30)
Wonin: Move 6, Hits 6, Attack 5, Defense 5, Weapon Types: Sword, Mace, Water Affinity (Cost=98, Upkeep=30)
Sea Horse: Move 8, Hits 7, Attack 3, Defense 3, Mount, Water Affinity, Armored (Cost=97, Upkeep=30)

Basic "Naval" units:
Ice Wywm: Move 6, Hits 6, Attack 5, Defense 5, Water Affinity, Toxic (Cost 100, Upkeep=30)
Venta Elementalis: Move 3, Hits 6, Attack 7, Defense 3, Vessel, Long Ranged, Siege (Cost=99, Upkeep=30)

Special units:
Aimursa: Move 3, Hits 7, Attack 6(+1), Defense 3, Weapon Type: Polearm, Water Affinity, Rider, Fearless, Magical Damage (Cost=117, Upkeep=45)
Scout Aimursa: Move 12, Hits 4, Attack 2, Defense 2, Weapon Type: Mace, Water Affinity, Scout (Cost=120, Upkeep=45)

Sea Assassin: Move 8, Hits 4, Attack 8, Defense 1, Water Affinity, Long Ranged, Toxic, Siege (Cost=149, Upkeep=60)

Glacier Dwagon: Move 8, Hits 8, Attack 6, Defense 5, Mount, Water Affinity, Long Ranged, Siege, Fearsome (Cost=179, Upkeep=75)

Designed to destroy coastal cities, demoralize their inhabitants, and generally control the seas.
Oh, and literally for color, I'll design livery and insignia right now.
Livery colors: White, Blue, and Green, all fading into each other.
Insignia: A rearing blue horse on a background split into one half white--on top--and one half green--on bottom.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:41 am

Nihila wrote:Also, can I buy Water Affinity for all my units?

One more thing: What's the upkeep for warlords, royal warlords, casters, archmages, and governors?

Yes you can, and, whoops, the character upkeeps are in my special secret GM folder.

Warlords are 50+level, so 60 at level 1, 110 at level 6, 140 at level 9, etc. Royal warlords are the same, they just happen to start higher.
Casters are 75+level. 85 at level 1, 105 at level 3, so on.
Governors are 20+level. 30 at level 1... You get the idea. I'll bundle that into the main rules doc soon.

And yes, you can take your turns PM, it just means I have to upload some files with stuff your stuff first.

Edit: Also also, yes, ranged units can shoot from transports. It still costs the 1 move to attack as so.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:06 am

Siralus wrote:Warlords are 50+level, so 60 at level 1, 110 at level 6, 140 at level 9, etc. Royal warlords are the same, they just happen to start higher.
Casters are 75+level. 85 at level 1, 105 at level 3, so on.
Governors are 20+level. 30 at level 1... You get the idea. I'll bundle that into the main rules doc soon.
Sorry, I'm a bit of an exactness fanatic, so what you actually mean is ##+(10*level). I know what you mean, anyone who reads this will know what you mean, but I can't help myself from correcting it.

So, if I produce an Archmage, I pay 85 per turn for 13 turns, they can only be produced in Level 5 cities, but a normal caster would be 75 for 10 turns in the same city, right?
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 am

All correct. In a minute this post will include the faction of another player.

Cordonnia: Republic Faction

Basic Units:

a) Sentinels: Move 3, Hits 8, Attack 6, Defense 5, Mountain Affinity, "Maces" (fists)" Upkeep: 30g
b) Garritine: Move 5, Hits 8, Attack 4, Defense 5, Mountain Affinity, "Ranged", Upkeep: 30g
c) Dwarf Mon'Ke: Move 10, Hits 6, Attack 4, Defense 3, "Swords", "Scouts", Upkeep: 30g

Special Units:

a) Guardians: Move 3, Hits 7, Attack 2, Defense 8, Mountain Affinity, Armoured, Garrison, "Swords", Upkeep: 23g
b) Redeemers: Move 3, Hits 7, Attack 8, Defense 2, Mountain Affinity, Armoured, "Polearms" Upkeep: 45
c) Phalanx: Move 3, Hits 8, Attack 8, Defense 1, Mountain Affinity, Armoured, "Axes" Upkeep: 60
d) Ancient: Move 4, Hits 8, Attack 10, Defense 2, Mountain Affinity, Heavy, Fearsome, Siege, Upkeep: 75

The Cordonn ruler has insisted he has need for any sort of flimsy, water-faring sorcery to exist in this world. So he has none.
Siralus

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:19 am

After some noticing of some underpowered-ness, governors are having their effect doubled to 2% per level.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 am

Siralus wrote:The Cordonn ruler has insisted he has need for any sort of flimsy, water-faring sorcery to exist in this world. So he has none.
I feel I should take offense. And, no long ranged units? :)

Two words: Sea Assassins.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:29 am

I think his genious plan is simply to (slowly) walk through everything. I'm not sure it'll work, but hey; he's opted for flavour.

This post will soon contain a list of npc factions I'll use to fill out the map and generally get in your way and/or provide you with cities.

Edit: No it won't; too many posts since, its further down.
Last edited by Siralus on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Siralus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:30 am

I'd rather sit this one out, in the hope that my other Erfworld sims (Kaed's game actually, and then that Battle of the Arkentools) would somehow get revived.

But I'd like to watch the proceedings. IF there'll be some GM shortage, well I could step in.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:31 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I'd rather sit this one out, in the hope that my other Erfworld sims (Kaed's game actually, and then that Battle of the Arkentools) would somehow get revived.

But I'd like to watch the proceedings. IF there'll be some GM shortage, well I could step in.

I will provide narrative, diary-style writings on in-game goings on once players start coming across each other/the npcs.
Siralus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 am

That's cool, but I want to see the battles in action. The numbers crunching against each other. The subtleties of troop maneuverings. Traps that took whole turns to develop un-noticed.

Story summaries won't cut it.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:40 am

BLAND, if you want, I could cc you my PM orders, along with my turn. Just don't tell anyone else about my not-to-ingenius plan of seizing the entire ocean for Risun and raiding whatever coast I feel like.
Siralus wrote:I think his genious plan is simply to (slowly) walk through everything. I'm not sure it'll work, but hey; he's opted for flavour.
Well, whatever floats his boat... or, since he has no boats, whatever...
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:41 am

My lips are sealed. I have no interest in who wins, just in how the events unfold.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:My lips are sealed. I have no interest in who wins, just in how the events unfold.

I could copypasta it all to you if you're interested in that. And you could sell the information to the highest bidder! And-...

Wait, I have a genius plan...
Siralus

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games