Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Postby Twoy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 am

I missed the start of this thread, but I would be interested in playing if there is a spot left.
Twoy

Postby Siralus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am

Anyone interested can make a faction, but as a simple statement, if the turns start churning through too slowly, I'll be focussing on the first factions that signed up.
Siralus

Postby Crovius » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 pm

So how often can I expect to be able to post? (Also, send map updates to my aol email, it'll be easier for me to plan out my turns using that)
Crovius

Postby zilfallon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm quite interested in such a game nowadays, although i don't have much time because of my studies. So how often are we required to be active at all? I need some exact numbers, like "you have to post X times every Y days" and such.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:04 pm

@zilfallon: In the rules doc. here: https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=15npI9omRA7ge87aagU0cHvmYEhs-SsQGuFfg1rpwsQA&hl=en&authkey=CJL5p6IL&pli=1#

Under "Turns,"
2. If a player takes a more than 3 days to take their turn, the GM will auto-run the turn.
So, you'd need to check every three days or so, but I don't think everyone's gotten through Turn 1 yet, so I'll post how long it was between turns when I take my Turn 2.

Really, it took me about 15-20 minutes of focusing on the game to take Turn 1, and I was just reading near the computer in between orders. (I took my turn by moving Warlords a few hexes at a time to scout out terrain.)
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Oh well, it's okay for me then. But...is it okay for the GM? Siralus?
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Crovius » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:03 pm

I'll also keep track. Right now it was approx 24 hours since I ended my turn officially.

I mostly scouted about for my turns and have begun building up some defences just in case.

Establishing a new city, Which unit does that again or are we sticking with Lv 3 Warlords create cities?

Als Siralus, can you email the most recently updated version of the rules and unit creation costs, to my AOL email address? I'll be using that from now on to figure out orders and such.
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Crovius wrote:Establishing a new city, Which unit does that again or are we sticking with Lv 3 Warlords create cities?
Level 3 characters, actually. So, Warlords, Casters, and Governors.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby effataigus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Siralus wrote:An all-mountain city maxes at level 2, but it generates 700 gold by then, which is still more than some level 5 cities. So whilst not being a military powerhouse, such cities can easily be your economic ones.

Oh neat! It appears as though there are some definite advantages to several different strategies. Diversity in city types seems like it would be best, but this is offset by having a small number of unit types that you can specialize to various terrains. Very cool experiment either way!

I also love the map... especially that you seem to have a latitude range corresponding to a desert belt, a temperate region, and a tundra belt.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Crovius » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Which are the cheapest to make cities with (upkeep wise) and how do we get Governers to level 3? Since casters gain exp by casting spells and Warlords get it from fighting.
Crovius

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Crovius wrote:Which are the cheapest to make cities with (upkeep wise) and how do we get Governers to level 3? Since casters gain exp by casting spells and Warlords get it from fighting.
Governors, while governing cities, gain XP equal to (City Level*2).

Caster Base Upkeep: 75+10 per level.
Warlord Base Upkeep: 50+10 per level.
Governor Base Upkeep: 20+10 per level.

By per level, it actually means "per level," a Level 1 Warlord costs 60 upkeep.

Also, Elementalism has a lot of spells that can croak units, so more XP for me. I hardly even know the spell list except Elementalism and a few Divination spells. :)
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm out on saturdays and mondays, so, the rest of the week will, theoretically, run more smoothly. Got my friend here now, so next turns will start shortly.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Siralus wrote:I'm out on saturdays and mondays, so, the rest of the week will, theoretically, run more smoothly. Got my friend here now, so next turns will start shortly.
If this is the Cordonn player, tell him that if he ever needs a navy, Risun might be glad to help--for a fee, of course. :)
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:34 am

Diary of Erta'Kon, Grand Shaman of Cordonnia

I watched the Grand Elder Durg'An undertake a move the council of elders described as brash, and foolish. The Mon'ke spotted dragons to the south of the capital, circling over the peaks before coming to perch on a cliff ledge, and sleeping there. At first, I was in alignment with the rest of the council. His plan was reckless, and could lead to his death, possibly the overthrow of the nation, a civil war, and the deaths of many younglings and warriors.

"No!" He cried out, his voice echoing in the Great Council Hall, "It shall be done!". He overrode the advice of the council, and stormed away. He took the Garritines to the the border towers, and personally oversaw their formations as they flung their boulders at the dragons below. Startled and confused, they awoke, tired, they were in disarray, and didn't take to the air, scorching the rocks around them in their rage as the boulders did little but tease them with the thought of battle. They must have thought it a rock slide, as they promptly returned to their slumber. But Durg'An was not satisfied with this. He would not simply stir the Mon'Ke nest, as it were, angering them seemed to be only the first stage of his plan. Out from the city caverns, the walls, he sallied out with the city's entire compliment of Sentinels, leaving it defenseless to the potential to the ravages of the world.

I watched, mesmerised from one of the watchtowers, as sentinels were scorched and burned by terrible dragon fire, flung from cliff ledges and rammed, scratched, gusted away by powerful wing beats. And the Grand Elder refused to relent, despite mortal wounds to his person. After several hours exhausting fighting that left most the city's army mortally wounded, along with Durg'An himself, scorched and burnt, with a great, rending scar across the side of his head, he dragged a battered, bruised, unconscious dragon back into the city walls.

Three days later, he emerged from his chambers, his cabinets destroyed, his bed shattered, his fine jewellery melted into the walls, but he did so riding atop the back of a red dragon.
Siralus

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:35 am

Furthermore, anyone and everyone else can now contact me for further turns. I won't be overly strict on turn order until you've met each other.

Anyone wishing to join, I'll gladly accept a couple more factions maybe, but a lot of the people indicating interest haven't actually made a faction, and I'll essentially take them on a first turn, first serve basis.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 am

Does this mean that we can tame wild mounts? If we can, this game will be even awesomer.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:14 am

Nihila wrote:Does this mean that we can tame wild mounts? If we can, this game will be even awesomer.

Not only can you, I highly encourage everyone to do so with every suitably near-regicidal pack of monsters you find.

Also,

Faction Name: Gerardion
Faction Type: Royal
Title of Leader: Sovereign

Basic Units:

1) Dwead Guard: Move 5, Hits 7, Attack 5, Defence 5. Formations, Weapon(Axe), Armored
"Empty plate armors, animated with dark magic to fight for the Sovereign."
2) Skeletal Archer: Move 6, Hits 6, Attack 6, Defence 3. Formations, Long Ranged
"Skeletons, able to use longbows, to rain death upon Sovereign's enemies."
3) Carrion Swarm: Move 10, Hits 3, Attack 2, Defence 2, Scout. Affinity(Hills, H. Forest)
"Hundreds of plague flies, serving as the Sovereign's eyes."

Specials:

A) Dwead Knight: Move 6, Hit 6, Attack 8, Defence 4. Rider, Weapon(Polearm)
"Elite Knights of Gerardion, equipped with deadly spears.
B) Flesh Golem: Move 5, Hits 9, Attack 8, Defence 4. Heavy, Weapon(Mace)
"A large construct, made by corpses of Sovereign's enemies stitched together."
C) Enslaved Spiwit: Move 7, Hits 7, Attack 7, Defence 4. Ethereal, Arcane(Backfire)
"A holy spiwit, enslaved to serve Gerardion."
D) Skeletal Dwagon: Move 7, Hits 7, Attack 9, Defence 8. Mount, Flying, Breath Weapon(Sonic)
"Dwagons animated without their flesh, to serve as mounts for the Elite and siege for the army"

Naval Units:
1) Ghost Ship: Move 5 Hits 8, Attack 5, Defence 5 Heavy, Vessel, Siege
"An old-looking ship, without any visible crew to control it"
2) Aqua Spiwit: Move 6, Hits 6, Attack 7, Defence 5 Vessel
"A spiwit enslaved to the element of water to act as Sovereign's blade in oceans."
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:35 am

Heh. Sovereign, then. Funny thing is, I've been reading Rousseau's Social Contract, and in it, any leading body--elected, hereditary, whatever--is referred to as the sovereign. And, er, I can't help but notice that neither of his naval units can actually carry anything. However, reading the descriptions, that may be the point.

Though, I also notice that none of his units have Fearsome, which would seem to fit very nicely.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 am

All I can think of nowadays when I hear sovere-... Assuming direct control
Siralus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:11 am

This will prove very interesting to watch!

I do have one pet-peeve though, and that is the number of turns it takes for characters to pop. How many turns can y'all do per day?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games