Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Uhm... World of Erfcraft?

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:14 am

It's looking like it's going to end up being about a turn every other day, if all goes well. And, Level 3 cities take one turn off of the production time, and characters can only be built in Level 3+ cities.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 am

Which, for Warlords, means you can make them in 9 days (!!). It is a bit slow, doncha think?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:22 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Which, for Warlords, means you can make them in 9 days (!!). It is a bit slow, doncha think?

I plan to do 2/3 turns with each person I get hold of today. (I've gone through 9 turns so far, between players, on the 10th). And you can rush those characters. Saving a little treasury space can give you an instant warlord. :)
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:24 am

Can I rush city upgrades, as well as units?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:30 am

You can. We'll have a long talk about questions like this when I take your turn(s). Some stuff is just stuff I overlooked in the rules, and others have been subtly changed as sudden images of thousands of arrows blotting out the sun filled my mind, all instantly out of nowhere.
Last edited by Siralus on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siralus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 am

Siralus wrote:I plan to do 2/3 turns with each person I get hold of today. (I've gone through 9 turns so far, between players, on the 10th). And you can rush those characters. Saving a little treasury space can give you an instant warlord. :)

So in the end, that's how you get a character- you rush him/her. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Given that, why not make their popping (slightly) more expensive and less time-costly?

It's just that I'd like these things to be faster paced, is all. That was the big problem with Kaed's game. Days upon days spent doing nothing but claiming mines and waiting for stuff to pop.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:46 am

Well, I'll see how fast the turns flow in. But warlords have such a massive impact on combat, I don't really want them being easy to make.

And making them faster and more expensive is pretty much identical to rushing, but with less choice. I'm not sure it seems necessary.
Siralus

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:29 am

Just slightly more expensive, not the same as the rushed price, was my idea. Keep the world fast paced and bloody. :twisted:

I'm just saying this as an observation, btw, because the rules look good and changing them midpoint is bad. (It just happened that, because Warlords were important for many aspects of another game (and this one), them actually being easy to make is imo preferable.)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:41 am

I know what you mean. I just hope that the action will start to come thick and fast after a while. If everyone has the same trouble popping warlords, then things stay balanced, and you have the same amount of action with slightly smaller numbers, and the warlords you *do* have become more... Valuable. Precious, and strategically significant. We'll see in the long run. That's my hope, anyway.
Siralus

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:26 am

Ok, ironically, the turn order is currently backwards, with Crovius furthest behind, and Nihila awaiting another turn due to computer issues.
Siralus

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am

any estimation on when i'll have to take my turn?
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Siralus wrote:Ok, ironically, the turn order is currently backwards, with Crovius furthest behind, and Nihila awaiting another turn due to computer issues.
I'm ready for another turn now. Just send me a PM to notify me, and I'll be online within 20 minutes, depending on how much I have to wrap up. Ah, the joys of the real world. :P
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Come on Nihila, take your turn! My troops are becoming impati- Oh wait...they don't have those stuff like "patience" or "hatred" since they are all croaked, pity. Well, the Sovereign, me, can lose patience, and i myself have all the bad emotions of my side.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:28 pm

zilfallon wrote:Come on Nihila, take your turn! My troops are becoming impati- Oh wait...they don't have those stuff like "patience" or "hatred" since they are all croaked, pity. Well, the Sovereign, me, can lose patience, and i myself have all the bad emotions of my side.
Oh, so that's you? Well, you know, all undead means that "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" becomes a little meaningless, because they don't need very much at all. The perfect Communist state!

And, I'll send Siralus my turn's opening gambit about now, but the need to scout will cause a bit of a delay before I finish.

Boop, I also need to send BLAND a transcript of last turn.
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:32 pm

If this is a Titan's playground, and Siralus is the creator of it for his own amusement, then Bland is a stronger Titan who defeated Siralus, then forced him to do all the management and such but watching everything and keeping all the fun to himself!

Oh great, I started speculating here, too... Bad sign =(
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Crovius » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:59 pm

I've been waiting for the email saying I can start my next turn Siralus. I asked you to either PM me or send the email to my AOL address. So I've been waiting on you! :(
Crovius

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:02 pm

So uh...if Nihila and I haven't taken turns yet, and Crovius showed up, waiting for his turns. Whose turn it is? Well, whoever it is, he's taking a damn long time :D
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Siralus » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:20 pm

I appreciate the enthusiasm guys, but I paused in my day of administering to players to have dinner.

I apologise.
Siralus

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:21 pm

zilfallon wrote:So uh...if Nihila and I haven't taken turns yet, and Crovius showed up, waiting for his turns. Whose turn it is? Well, whoever it is, he's taking a damn long time :D
I think I'm the guilty party here. My Google Doc page shows me on Turn 3, which I'm not done with yet.

General notice for the future: Starting Wednesday, I have classes which will limit my time severely. I'll mostly try to have my turns completely ready beforehand, so I can just copy-paste orders in, but if I start slowing down the game, (for Siralus):just skip my turn until a weekend. And, for everyone else, sorry in advance!
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Nihila wrote:
zilfallon wrote:So uh...if Nihila and I haven't taken turns yet, and Crovius showed up, waiting for his turns. Whose turn it is? Well, whoever it is, he's taking a damn long time :D
I think I'm the guilty party here. My Google Doc page shows me on Turn 3, which I'm not done with yet.

General notice for the future: Starting Wednesday, I have classes which will limit my time severely. I'll mostly try to have my turns completely ready beforehand, so I can just copy-paste orders in, but if I start slowing down the game, (for Siralus):just skip my turn until a weekend. And, for everyone else, sorry in advance!

Hey Nihila, no need to apologize. We all have lifes! I'll be entering a quite inactive period after this week, so i understand :)
And Siralus! No need to apologize for eating lol. OH BUT..."cough cough"

If you feel guilt for wasting your players' time by eating, join my cause and you won't need to eat! :D I'll even make you an heir :P
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games