The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Nihila » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Okay, I'll bump the thread on grounds of some news: Twoy is the Chief Warlord. Which of his Warlords he appoints as Chief is up to him. Also, for when LTDave finalizes his force, Captain Genericus is a Level 2.

And, here's the campaign blurb:
"An alliance has been called upon by Queen Bea of Unaroyal to attack the city of Orgchart, held by Decrypted Gobwin Knob units. The alliance's strategy is to execute a massive pincer strike--but the northern arm of the strike has been detected and intercepted on a huge, flat plain. A Gobwin Knob force seeks to delay the northern alliance long enough to pull in reinforcements, and their Archon scouts relay constant information back to them, though these scouts never engage the alliance. Though the alliance has an initial advantage in numbers, as the battle wears on, this advantage will vanish slowly. The alliance must capture the base camp of the Gobwin Knob forces to win on this massive plain and force the Knob's troops to pull back--either to the city or to another base camp."

Edited for clarity.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Fighting against 2 arkentools + a perfect warlord eh? NICE challange, Nihila! :D Any estimation on when we will start? I will be away tomorrow though...
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:23 pm

If all goes well, we will start this Saturday. The alliance will have one week to post scouting orders, though if you can do it faster, much appreciated, then one week to do the Move/Combat phase. I want to keep this game's pace fairly fast. The map is just the Gobwin Bump map with all terrain erased and the base camps at A1(Alliance) and J10(Gobwin Knob). http://sites.google.com/site/erfworldempires/home/gobwin-bump-two<--Linky.

It's 13 hexes between the two base camps, so 13 turns for 1 move thingies, 7 turns for 2 move thingies, 5 turns for 3 move thingies, 4 turns for 4 move thingies, and 3 turns for 5 move thingies. Assuming I don't try to raid you. Which I will. What you need to do is eliminate my forces from the base camp--that is, make it so that at the end of your turn, I have no units there. Then, I'll consider giving your commanders some magic items, but no promises. There are no magic items on this map, and all of your commanders are new, so they don't have any magic items to keep.

And the Arkentools won't come into play, unless WaterMonkey and I get angry at you. Very angry at you. Probably only if you kill our families in real life, or something. Decrypted and Dwagons will, however. LTDave, unless you say otherwise, I'll assume you're working with my revised unit listing, making the updated stack listing (with the Chief Warlord bonus included):

Stacking:
Spoiler: show
Siralus:
Stack A: 2 Thunder Lizards, 4 Thunder Cats, 1 Thunder Infantry, Commander Thunder(Lv. 1). Attack: 205.2, Average Defense: 5.
Stack B: 9 Thunder Infantry, Commander Lightning(Lv. 3). Attack: 107.52, Average Defense: 5.
Stack C: 8 Thunder Bats. Attack: 79.2, Average Defense: 3.

Zilfallon:
Stack D: 8 Hellflame Dwake, Commander Vis(Lv. 3). Attack: 171.36, Average Defense: 4.
Stack E: 8 Bezekiwa, Commander Agrach(Lv. 5). Attack: 174.08, Average Defense: 5.
Stack F: 5 Imps. Attack: 8.25, Average Defense: 1.

Twoy:
Stack G(Ranged): 4 Griffon Riders, Queen Lucy(Lv. 2). Attack: 132.6, Average Defense: 5.
Stack H(Ranged): 7 Faun Archers, Queen Susan(Lv. 5). Attack: 187.2, Average Defense: 3.25.

LTDave:
Stack I: Ogre, 6 Guardsmen, Capt.-Gen. Genericus(Lv. 2). Attack: 217.62, Average Defense: 5.
Stack J: Ogre, 5 Guardsmen, Archer, 2 Outriders. Attack: 168.3, Average Defense: 5.

Oh, what's that? You want to know my units? Well, if you insist:
Note: My Decrypted Infantry and Decrypted Archers will sometimes appear as Warlords, with +20 cost and the titles "Decrypted Warlord" and "Decrypted Archery Warlord," respectively.

Decrypted Infantry: Move=2, Hits=4, Attack=4, Defense=4, Cost=10.
Decrypted Archer: Move=2, Hits=4, Attack=6, Defense=0, Ranged, Cost=15.
Decrypted Sourmander: Move=4, Hits=8, Attack=8, Defense=5, Ranged, Cost=35.
Decrypted Uniepegataur: Move=5, Hits=8, Attack=6, Defense=5, Cost=35.
Dwagon: Move=5, Hits=16, Attack=17, Defense=5, Ranged, Cost=100.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Sounds good to me. Let's roll.
LTDave

Postby Nihila » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Okay, I'll start ahead of schedule. The Gobwin Knob turn begins now.

Fer-Durrrrp!!!

The Gobwin Knob turn passes without incident.

Fer-Durrrrp!!!

The Northern Alliance Scout Phase begins now. When it is over, Twoy should PM me. All orders must be in bold print.

Have fun. But remember: I will use every devious and underhanded trick that I can. You have been forewarned. :D
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Well of course you have to use every trick, since there's a Lord Hamster "advising"
Also, where do we coordinate? You know, "you scout there, I go there, and you stay here" and such? Should we use this topic or another form of faster communication?
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Here. You all say, "Maybe we should do this, Twoy," and post a bunch of potential scouting orders, then Twoy says "Yeah, {person's} order's look good," or "No, let's do this instead," and either way, Twoy posts a bunch of orders at the end of his post and ends the Scout Phase, then I scramble to cross-reference those orders with my map, then I post where I have units you can see, and then I declare the Move/Combat Phase to begin.

Then, the same thing happens, only with move and combat orders instead of scouting orders.

And, yeah, with Lord Hamster advising our Warlords, we do have to be a bit dishonorable. :D

Once again, have fun. If this game stops being fun, tell me and tell me if there's anything I can do to fix it. I will try to be fair at all times, though.

Oh, one important thing--the base camps have no defensive bonuses. If I capture your base camp, you can pop units, but they immediately enter combat with my units, in a single stack, no matter who popped the units. If you capture my base camp, I start conferring with WaterMonkey on where to send you guys next. And you guys might get some shinies if you take my base camp. Never forget the shinies.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:38 pm

As the crack of Dawn approaches, Commander Thunder, wearing his signature navy blue and electric yellow dyed lamellar armour, his hand resting upon the shaggy signature navy blue and electric yellow dyed mane of a thunder cat's mane, approaches the alliance commander's tent. With his other, he whips off a formal salute, his hand seeming to crack! into his forehead before returning to his side.

Sir! I have recommendations to hand regarding the advance of the Thunderian army. I propose that we...

Form two stacks of slow units - 2 stacks of: 1 Thunder lizard, 5 infantry, and a commander
4 stacks of: 2 Thunder bats
2 stacks of: 4 thunder cats

I propose that we send one stack of thunder bats south to scout around the mountain pass. A further scouting stack to the southeast to investigate the (north)eastern border of the mountain range, and another stack in the direction of the lake farther east. This would most likely be a multiple turn operation, and this reason, I feel it would be best that one stack to be held in reserve, to fill any potential holes in our scouting that may occur for any reason.
Siralus

Postby Twoy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:04 am

We are on a vast plain. There is no lake between our camp and the enemy camp.

Scout units scout without moving, so for example your scout orders could look like:

Imp 1: Scout A2-6.
Imp 2: Scout B1, C1, D1, E1, F1.
etc.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 am

The Generics of Generica do not like to wait for Discussions.

ADVANCE!

Outrider 1, scout hexes A2 to A5.

Outrider 2, scout hexes B1 to B4.

Question on the map - Our camp is at A1, Gobwin Knob is at J10, and our target is B3?
Also, the map is the map on my site but without any terrain? Yes?

Captain-Genericus speaks in a flat and uninteresting tone:
Assuming the above is correct, then I propose that we keep a strong scout screen on our right flank to warn of the approach of forces from Gobwin Knob, and advance the rest of our forces up the B column.
LTDave

Postby zilfallon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:12 am

(With a roar, Vis lands near the imp stack and flaps his wings, causing the little devils to cover in fear)

-Hey, you weaklings...Break stack, NOW!

Imp 1: B2,C2,D2,E2,F2

Imp 2: B1,C1,D1,E1,F3

Imp 3: B2,C2,D3,E3,F4

Imp 4: A2,B3,C3,D4,E4

-If your little eyes spot Gobwin Knob forces, STOP your advance and pull back, got it? Oh and, you there ( referring to the 5. imp ) you stay with us.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:08 am

In the Scout phase, any scout unit in the same hex as a Commander may be given orders to inspect a string of adjacent hexes equal to the unit’s move. The unit remains in the original hex – it simply inspects the hexes (how it does this is left entirely up to your imagination). The Scout unit moves in the Movement phase.

Hey Zilfallon, you may have missed this part of the Scout rules. The Scouts don't actually move in this phase - they just "look" into hexes beyond them. So there's no danger of them getting squished by Gobwins in this phase.
LTDave

Postby Nihila » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:44 am

Siralus wrote:Form two stacks of slow units - 2 stacks of: 1 Thunder lizard, 5 infantry, and a commander
4 stacks of: 2 Thunder bats
2 stacks of: 4 thunder cats
Just my nitpickery stuff here, but you have 8 Thunder Bats and 4 Thunder Cats.
LTDave wrote:Question on the map - Our camp is at A1, Gobwin Knob is at J10, and our target is B3?
Your target is J10, Gobwin Knob's base camp is J10, the base camp has no defensive bonuses. Nothing at B3.
LTDave wrote:Hey Zilfallon, you may have missed this part of the Scout rules. The Scouts don't actually move in this phase - they just "look" into hexes beyond them. So there's no danger of them getting squished by Gobwins in this phase.
Especially since I don't have any Gobwins. My Decrypted can't kill them in this phase.
Nihila

Postby Siralus » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:30 am

Aye, cats and bats and... Well, yeah, I knew what I meant, even if a b and c went the wrong way round. :|

The move for bats after breaking stack would be.

Any further scouting requested by the high warlord is left fulfillable by the retainment of two further units of Thunderia's signature navy blue and electric yellow dyed bats.

B2 -> C2 -> C3 -> C4 -> C5
A2 -> A3 -> B4 -> B5 -> B6
B2 -> C2 -> D3 -> D4 -> D5
B1 -> C1 -> D1 -> E1 -> F1
B1 -> C1 -> D1 -> E1 -> F2
B2 -> C2 -> D3 -> E3 -> F3
Siralus

Postby Twoy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm

The Thunder Bats cannot scout during the scout phase because they do not have the scout special (unless I missed something).

I used Imp 5 to cover C4 and D5.

ORDERS:
Scout Phase, Turn 1:
Outrider 1, scout hexes A2 to A5.
Outrider 2, scout hexes B1 to B4.
Imp 1: B2,C2,D2,E2,F2
Imp 2: B1,C1,D1,E1,F1
Imp 3: B2,C2,D3,E3,F3
Imp 4: A2,B3,C3,D4,E4
Imp 5: B2, C2-4,D5

END SCOUT PHASE
Last edited by Twoy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy

Postby zilfallon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:35 pm

(Agrach approaches the chief warlord)

-Hello there, "Chief". I'd really appreciate if you consider asking ME before moving OUR units around. I will ignore it this time, because your scouting process was more organized than that brutal dwake's.

((Note: Not that I have any objection myself, but hey, we're the egoist selfish devils who love controlling our minions, so it is natural they are pissed when someone else does it :D ))
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Just to make sure that this gets across: Units don't move in the Scout Phase. They just somehow find out what is in the hexes. So all Imps and Outriders still have full move.

Also, I'm going to decide that your Scout Phase is over, to keep the pace fast in the early game.

You've found the following stack(s):
@D4: 6 Decrypted Infantry, 1 Decrypted Warlord "Esca", Base Attack: 28, Modified Attack: 44.12, Average Defense: 4.

Begun, the Campaign for Orgchart has.
Nihila

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Advance!

Both Generic Stacks move to B2, via B1.
LTDave

Postby Siralus » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Thunder bats, stack up!

Commander, seeking permission to engage the enemy at D4.
Regardless, the 4 cats will form a stack, and the thunder lizard/5 infantry/commander stacks will get ready to move.

I recommend we have a relatively wide front, three to four tiles wide, with cavalry moving behind, and our heavies on the flanks.
Siralus

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 am

CDR Thunder, Engage the stack at D4. Let's see what's those Thunder Bats of yours can do.

Except for the Thunder Bats, I think we need to keep our units as close together as possible to provide mutual defense. If we spread our units across too wide an area, the enemy will defeat us in detail.

At the end of this turn, all of our units should be in either B2, C2, D3 or D4; and that area is much larger than makes me comfortable.
Twoy

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games