The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Siralus » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:16 am

The thunder bats attack the enemy stack at D4
User avatar
Siralus
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Location: London, U.K

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:31 pm

LTDave wrote:Advance!

Both Generic Stacks move to B2, via B1.

CPT-GEN Genericus,
Don't you think it would be more helpful for your stacks to end turn in C2, so that they can provide support to the Thunder Bats next turn if necessary?
Last edited by Twoy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Nihila,
We cannot calculate the battle without the Decrypted Commander's stats. I'm fairly certain they are Move=2, Hits=4, Attack=4, Defense=4, but I still need his level. Also the modified attack you listed (44.12) must be wrong.
7 Units of 4 attack each = 28 X 1.7 = 47.6 x Commander's level would be 52.5 if he is Lvl 1.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:32 pm

zilfallon wrote:(Agrach approaches the chief warlord)

-Hello there, "Chief". I'd really appreciate if you consider asking ME before moving OUR units around. I will ignore it this time, because your scouting process was more organized than that brutal dwake's.

Queen Susan sends a thinkagram to all the warlords.

CDR Agrach, It took 6 hours for my messenger to get to you and yours to get back to me. For future reference, there is no need to hold back on the scouts.

CDR Agrach, For future turns what I would like is for you to scout the front and CPT-GEN Genericus to scout the rear. Basically, our scouts should scout in a tear drop shape around our forces. A teardrop with the point of the drop pointing at the enemy base camp and the fat bulbuous part around the bulk of our forward-deployed forces.

Queen Susan draws a diagram in the dirt that looks more like some sort of mutated vegetable than a teardrop. We will also need to scout the route between our base camp and the bulk of our forces. We will not need to scout hexes that we currently occupy.

We are also going to need a volunteer to defend our base camp. I would like the Kingdom of Generica to volunteer for the mission, because they have what I believe is the best unit for defense. If Generica chooses to accept this mission, I will be giving them two shares of the pop points. Generica will need to pop their generic archers and a generic warlord based on their archer unit. The warlord in charge of the base camp will also be responsible for ordering new units toward the front and managing the base camp scout force, so we will need the warlord popped first, followed by two or three archers each round depending on how many pop points we receive. It might be a good idea to leave your one archer behind as the start of our base camp defense force.

The Thunder Lizards, with a move of 1, are going to be a bit of a problem. We cannot hold up our advance waiting for them. The good thing is that they will be a relatively safe staging point for new units working their way to the front.

I (Queen Susan) will be the chief warlord.

Kingdoms may be rewarded for exceptional service by receiving additional shares of pop points.

Any questions?
Last edited by Twoy on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Nihila » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Doy! Esca is a Level 2 Warlord. Someone else should handle the math for today, I'm sorry about the errors in my posts.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Turn 1, first battle of game

Using the time code given on Siralus' attack post: 16:19

COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: D4
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 1619
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 72
Level of Highest Commander: 0
Total Defence of Stack: 24
Number of Units: 8
Average Defence: 3.00
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 0.0
Special Bonus: 1.0
Random Percentage: 75%
Total Damage: 54

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 27.00

Defender
Total Attack Value: 47.6
Number of Units: 7
Level of Highest Commander: 2
Total Defence of Stack: 28
Number of Units: 7
Average Defence: 4.00
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 0.0
Special Bonus: 1.00
Ambush Bonus: 1.0
Random Percentage: 80%
Total Damage: 46

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 28.56

Edit: accidently added the enemy commander's leadership bonus twice. Corrected figures did not change the outcome.
6 Decrypted Infantry are croaked again.
Esca has 1 hit left. Esca gains 1 xp.

All 8 of the Thunder Bats are destroyed.
Last edited by Twoy on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Griffon Riders x 4
Queen Lucy

Move to D4 and engage enemy
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 pm

COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: D4
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 2831
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 102
Level of Highest Commander: 2
Total Defence of Stack: 25
Number of Units: 5
Average Defence: 5.00
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 0.0
Special Bonus: 1.0
Random Percentage: 80%
Total Damage: 98

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 48.96

Defender
Total Attack Value: 4
Number of Units: 1
Level of Highest Commander: 2
Total Defence of Stack: 4
Number of Units: 1
Average Defence: 4.00
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 0.0
Special Bonus: 1.00
Ambush Bonus: 1.0
Random Percentage: 75%
Total Damage: 4

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 1.35

Esca is croaked again.
Griffon Rider 1 takes 1 hit and has 9 hits remaining.
Queen Lucy gets an xp.
Queen Lucy moves from D4 to D3.

Faun Archers x 7
Queen Susan
Move to D3.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:59 pm

The Generics of Generica are always willing to obey clear instructions.

We will assume command of the Home Depot, and pop archers and a commander. Our Guardsmen will continue to advance. Our Outriders will perform continual sweeps of our lines of communication.

An Excellent Strategy, Queen Susan {Even if you are obsessed with being 16 and staying there}.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2382
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: The Battle for the Northen Plains

Postby Twoy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:43 am

OOC: Just for future reference, the Scout Phase does not end until we receive the scout report. For example, I posted the scout plan on Sept. 9, but we did not receive the scout report until five and a half hours later, which was very early in the morning (UTC +1) on Sept. 10. Therefore, the players have until very early in the morning on Sept. 13 to post their recommended moves/combat. That's about 36 hours from now. I will post moves for anyone who does not give me a recommendation before then. Nihila has not told us how he would like the moves posted, but I suggest something like this:

Faun Archers x 7, Queen Susan: Attack-117, Def-3.25.
Move from A1 to B2, C2, D3.

(Note: the attack value listed above is without the leadership bonus, since the leadership bonus is calculated in the GB2 spreadsheet.)
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:52 am

Twoy wrote:OOC: Just for future reference, the Scout Phase does not end until we receive the scout report. For example, I posted the scout plan on Sept. 9, but we did not receive the scout report until five and a half hours later, which was very early in the morning (UTC +1) on Sept. 10. Therefore, the players have until very early in the morning on Sept. 13 to post their recommended moves/combat. That's about 36 hours from now. I will post moves for anyone who does not give me a recommendation before then. Nihila has not told us how he would like the moves posted, but I suggest something like this:

Faun Archers x 7, Queen Susan: Attack-117, Def-3.25.
Move from A1 to B2, C2, D3.

(Note: the attack value listed above is without the leadership bonus, since the leadership bonus is calculated in the GB2 spreadsheet.)
This would be perfect. If I "happen" to move any units to engage your units, I will post a similar report--if somewhat limited. That is, I'll say "6 Decrypted Infantry and 1 Decrypted Warlord(Lv.3, "Esca") move into C6, out of C7. Attack=47.6, Defense=5."

So, as my movements affect you, they will be reported. If any survivors remain, I will also state where my units went to.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby zilfallon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:55 pm

NOTE: THIS POST SHOULD NOT BE CARED ABOUT, SINCE THE ORDERS AND WRITINGS ARE OUTDATED, BUT I AM NOT DELETING IT TO PREVENT CONFUSION.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
(The dwakes start gathering in the air-space of their base-hex. Agrach and Vis are seen discussing something. Then, Dwake-Commander Vis takes off, stacks with rest of dwakes, and shouts:)

-Chief! We will secure D3!

(Then, Bezekiwas stack, a while later, joined by Bezekiwa Commander Agrach:)

-If you don't want those bats alone, isolated, then I will start marching there to provide future reinforcements, and a secure place to retreat if they are overwhelmed.

Stack A: Vis + 8 Hellflame Dwakes >> B1 > C1 > D2 > D3

Stack B: Agrach + 8 Bezekiwa >> B2 > C2

(The devils are waiting for response to their request.)

(( Twoy, It would be good if you told us the name of your chief warlord. Also, I have posted the orders according to your request of staying together and securing the front. IF you refuse this orders, then please name your reason and advise for movement, and I will edit their orders. Don't worry about ordering them around IF you have a reason , devils are pretty loyal and organized :) ))
Last edited by zilfallon on Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

Image
User avatar
zilfallon
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
Location: Magic Kingdom

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Nihila » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Zilfallon--one point about your orders, which you may wish to revise.
Miscellaneous: The Chief Warlord is Susan, currently. :)

1)The Thunder Bats croaked in the first combat of the game, dusting 6 of my Decrypted Infantry with them. :(
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby zilfallon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Oh god, I forgot to refresh the page, so it was OUTDATED, Sorry, updating the post now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agrach:

-So, "Chief Warlord" Susan (with a mocking tone), IF I got our moves right, you and a stack of Faun archers have croaked an enemy warlord, and pulled back to D3. IF this is correct, I will take 8 bezekiwas with me and advance to C2, while Vis and his dwakes fly to E2, which has been scouted by my imps and is currently supposed to be empty. In short words, we will cover your frontal flanks with fliers and I will provide a secure hex for you to retreat if decrypted decide to advance to D3. Also, I will take the imps with me as well.

**ORDERS:

Stack A: Bezekiwa Commander Agrach, 8 Bezekiwa >> A1 > B2 > C2 (0 move left)
Stack B: Dwake Commander Vis, 8 Hellflame Dwakes >> A1 > B1 > C1 > D2 > D3 (1 move left)
Stack C: 5 Imps >> A1 > B2 > C2 (3 move left)

If you have any objections, name your reasons and we will obey you.
Last edited by zilfallon on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

Image
User avatar
zilfallon
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
Location: Magic Kingdom

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:50 pm

CDR Agrach, C2 is a good place for the Bezekiwa, but I was hoping your Imps and Hellflame Dwakes would join me in D3. I would like to keep our lead force as concentrated as possible so that Gobwin Knob will not be able to double up on our stacks.

In the next two or three turns, our forces will look like a comet streaking toward the Gobwin Knob base camp. We will have a large concentrated force at the front with a long tail leading all the way back to our base camp.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby zilfallon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Very well. Dwakes will join you at D3, but those imps will stay with my stack, since they will be so useless in front lines.

((Editing the orders of that previous post, done))
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

Image
User avatar
zilfallon
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am
Location: Magic Kingdom

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby LTDave » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:50 am

The Generics, having misunderstood the map, alter their move orders.

All stacks, advance to C2 via B2.

Except: Archer Norm, remain behind and guard these tents!
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2382
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 am

Thundermen,
What I would recommend is that you form a slow stack and a very slow stack.

Thunder Infantry x 1, Thunder Lizard x 2, Thunder Infantry x 4, CDR Thunder, Thunder Infantry x 1: Attack-156.6, Def-4.33.>>A1>B2.
Thunder Infantry x 3, Thunder Cats x 4, CDR Lighting, Thunder Infantry x 1: Attack-106.2, Def-4.55.>>A1>B1>C2.
Last edited by Twoy on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Twoy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 am

LTDave wrote:The Generics, having misunderstood the map, alter their move orders.
All stacks, advance to C2 via B2.
Except: Archer Norm, remain behind and guard these tents!


For your stack/s movement, CPT-GEN Genericus, I have:
Ogre x 1, Guardsman x 6, CPT-GEN Genericus: Attack-167.4, Def-5. >>A1>B2>C2.
Ogre x 1, Guardsman x 5, Outriders x 2: Attack-153, Def-5. >>A1>B2>C2.

Is that correct?
Last edited by Twoy on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here}

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 am

Twoy wrote:Ogre x 1, Guardsman x 6, CPT-GEN Genericus: Attack-167.4, Def-5. >>A1>B2>C2.
Ogre x 1, Guardsman x 5, Outriders x 2: Attack-153, Def-5. >>A1>B2>C2.
Those stats match mine.

Edit: And, er, did you want the Thunder Lizard Stack at B1 or B2? B1 is non-adjacent to C2, so given that there was some confusion in the Thunder Cat stack's orders, I just want to make sure.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest