The Battle for {Insert Name Here} - South Wing

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for {Insert Name Here} - South Wing

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:15 am

Sihoiba wrote:NOTE: One thing with my plan in order to move all the swaves, and Khaw Dwogo, 3 Bwood Widers, Fweddy Kwueger to I9 and still have a ManBeawPig free to carry Crabist and Mao to I8, we'll need to work as one team. If you don't like this then well need to think of an other option, hopefully you can see the value of the Gweat Wall of Swaves and dusting all those orlies for XP (It's important for all the Orlies to die for the wall to work as intended).

I can see the value all right. The Diwigibles could (and SHOULD) attack our spawn point on the quickest occasion. Remember to defend the spawn point as well.

Because we need to somehow defend both a spawn point and a field column, we need those slaves.

Now, the thing I'm worried about is that a player may turn off since someone else always does the planning. I've got half a mind to make it so that each player gets a turn to micromanage, like you just did.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:21 am

Just to be clear Mao and Crabfist and Dwogo and Fweddy all do a hit and allow for retaliation, of course Mao and Dwogo being ranged will strike first and take no retaliatory damage, so only Crabfist and Fweddy are likely to lose a single hit (depending on how much difference their defence makes they might come out unscaved).

The Gobwin Bump forces can't reach the spawn (assuming units can't leave the Map) as every route between them and it, will have 14 stacks of single Swaves in the way.

I'm more than happy to not micromanage or take turns micromanaging, I just came up with a plan that unfortunately needed lots of other sides units to help make it possible.

Just to double check: Watermonkey we can't leave the Map can we?
Also can you make your stacks clearer, is the Dwagon in the same stack as the Diwigble in that hex.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:30 am

:lol: Thinking of retreating? I am :P Fraidy-Cats away!

Nah, I kid.

About the hit and run- just wanted to make sure for procedure purposes. I then checked the unit ref, and lo and behold the Orlies have 1HP each. An average ranged unit SHOULD have no problem knocking one out of the sky.

Edit: and here's the unit ref. When we get levels for the commanders, I'll update it.

Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
Gobwin Knob units

Ground Infantry
Name                    Hits     Attack     Defense      Move     Special       Cost
==================================================================================================

Ground Archers
Name                    Hits     Attack     Defense      Move     Special       Cost
==================================================================================================
Decrypted Archer        5        1          5            1        Ranged        12
Decrypted Heavy Archer  5        10         5            1        Ranged        30

Flying Infantry
Decrypted ORLY          1        2          1            5        none          5
Dwagon                  15       24         3            5        none          71

Ranged Fliers
Decrypted Diwigible     100      86         0            5        Ranged        422

Commanders
Albewt                  5        10         5            1        L?, Ranged    50

MCC Units

Scouts
Name                    Hits     Attack     Defense      Move     Special       Cost     Side
Kitteh                  1        1          0            4        Scout         13       PRLC
Dothwaki Fawcon         1        1          1            5        Scout         14       Dothwaki Horde
Fwying Monkey           2        2          0            5        Scout         17       Evil Imaginationland
Amblypygi               4        5          3            3        Scout         25       Archnida

Ground Infantry
Name                    Hits     Attack     Defense      Move     Special       Cost     Side
Dothwaki Slave          1        1          0            2        none          2        Dothwaki Horde
Acarina                 2        4          1            3        none          8        Archnida
Agelenidae              8        16         3            0        none          25       Archnida
Scorpiones              10       16         4            1        none          30       Archnida
Cwismas Cwitter         8        16         3            4        none          38       Evil Imaginationland
Tarantula               20       14         3            2        none          45       Archnida
LongCat                 10       19         5            3        none          46       PRLC
ManBeawPig              25       34         5            4        none          106      Evil Imaginationland

Ground Archers
Stowm Twooper           2        3          1            2        Ranged        9        Evil Imaginationland
Dothwaki Wife           6        1          5            1        Ranged        12       Dothwaki Horde
SniperCat               5        10         5            3        Ranged        35       PRLC
Dothwaki Bwood Rider    6        12         0            4        Ranged        36       Dothwaki Horde
Cheezburger             30       1          0            3        Ranged        47       PRLC
LOLCatiusha             10       19         3            3        Ranged        60       PRLC

Flying Infantry

Ranged Fliers

Commanders
Commander Crabfist      4        5          3            3        L?, Scout     45       Archnida
Fweddy Kwueger          6        12         5            4        L?            53       Evil Imaginationland
Chairman Rofl Mao       5        10         5            3        L?, CW,       55       PRLC
                                                                  Ranged
Khaw Dwogo              6        12         0            4        L?, Ranged    56       Dothwaki Horde
Commander Pinser        10       16         4            1        L?            60       Archnida
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:44 am

Putting an Idea out there, but instead of having the main stack end at I9, have it at j8 (replacing one of the 14 slave stacks with a few small ranged stacks to take up any attacks). I haven't done the math if everythign can make it, but if they can, that would also let Pinser get xp by attacking the orly in j7 then moving back to j8 all mounted on a manbeawpig, and it would gain us some ground.

A few assumtions I am making are that everything can make it to J8, and that WaterMonkey only started with 1200 pts (I believe thats how much the north wing started with), in which case there's only a max of one orly on his side that we're not seeing (he's got 1195 shown from scouting). If he started with more, there may be another blimpy flying around in the unknown, which wouldn't be a good thing.
HerbieRai

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 am

Clarifications:

Commander Levels:
(from random.org)
Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2010-09-21 13:44:53 UTC

Albewt is lvl 2.
Crabfist is lvl 2.
Kweuger is lvl 4.
Rofl Mao is lvl 2.
Khaw Dwogo is lvl 4.
Pincer is lvl 2.

Units may not move off the map.

The Dwagon is stacked with the Diwigible (and without a commander, I just noticed >< That's what I get for trying to economize with commanders...)

I started with 1500 points. (Though I promise there are no more blimpies flying around at the moment :P )

And I will confirm the existence of the Warlord Who May Not Be Named - he just hasn't been scouted quite yet.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:44 am

HerbieRai wrote:Putting an Idea out there, but instead of having the main stack end at I9, have it at j8 (replacing one of the 14 slave stacks with a few small ranged stacks to take up any attacks). I haven't done the math if everythign can make it, but if they can, that would also let Pinser get xp by attacking the orly in j7 then moving back to j8 all mounted on a manbeawpig, and it would gain us some ground.

A few assumtions I am making are that everything can make it to J8, and that WaterMonkey only started with 1200 pts (I believe thats how much the north wing started with), in which case there's only a max of one orly on his side that we're not seeing (he's got 1195 shown from scouting). If he started with more, there may be another blimpy flying around in the unknown, which wouldn't be a good thing.

Unfortunately the first assumption is wrong, the units we have wouldn't be able to go from our base camp, to hit the orlies in column H and then return to J8, we simply don't have enough units with move to carry things around, and that's not including our various 1 move units.

Secondly if Pinser takes the ManBeawPig I think it means there wouldn't be anything capable of taking Mao out to be able to make his attack (though Crabfist could ride a Christmas Critter in that case).

More importantly though stopping at J8 would allow Gobwin Bump to bring most of it's force to bear against the units
there as two big stacks we can see can both potentially reach there, and either we have to move Swaves from elsewhere making units who can't make J8 vulnerable to attacks or have 9 sacrificial stacks of ranged units (using the cheapest ones 7 Stormtwoopers and 2 Sniper Cats to ensure they don't get hit).

That's replacing a wall worth 28 points (14 Swaves), with one worth 143 (7 Stormtwoopers, 2 Sniper Cats and 5 Swaves)

Plus with 300 points worth of units we can't see hiding somewhere out of sight, even with my plan we might need several stacks of sacrificial storm troopers in I9 just to be on the safe side.

I fully expect the high hits pincer to a be a key Commander for us, I just don't think it's worth risking so many units, just to get him 1XP.
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:49 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:I started with 1500 points. (Though I promise there are no more blimpies flying around at the moment :P )

And I will confirm the existence of the Warlord Who May Not Be Named - he just hasn't been scouted quite yet.

"He"?! You mean "she", surely. Unless by "he" you mean Parson, which would in a silly way be awesome, but I doubt even a Diwigible is enough to haul Parson's massive bulk around.

HerbieRai wrote:Putting an Idea out there, but instead of having the main stack end at I9, have it at j8 (replacing one of the 14 slave stacks with a few small ranged stacks to take up any attacks). I haven't done the math if everythign can make it, but if they can, that would also let Pinser get xp by attacking the orly in j7 then moving back to j8 all mounted on a manbeawpig, and it would gain us some ground.

Will analyze the suggestion (EDIT: already done by Sihoiba). The problem with gaining ground is one we'll have to face eventually, but for the first turn it's a good idea to not overextend our defensive front. If we have troops stationed at j8, they should be surrounded by expendables, and so should our base be.

Also, we are four players here, each with 500 pts for the start. Just so you know. If the "numeric advantage" thing will evaporate, I'm expecting some imbalanced pop allocation, as in GK getting more than we do. Stay sharp!

Sihoiba wrote:I fully expect the high hits pincer to a be a key Commander for us, I just don't think it's worth risking so many units, just to get him 1XP.

It's more than 1XP for Pincer, it's a matter of philosophy if you will. Most likely we will not be able to maintain a sufficient slave perimeter as we advance- and we should advance. For the first turn, no need to risk. Turn 2 though, we'll have to face one of those Diwi stacks.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:It's more than 1XP for Pincer, it's a matter of philosophy if you will. Most likely we will not be able to maintain a sufficient slave perimeter as we advance- and we should advance. For the first turn, no need to risk. Turn 2 though, we'll have to face one of those Diwi stacks.

Agreed, in fact in the long run it may work better to attempt to surround GB's unit with swaves to reduce their mobility rather than trying to travel along in a rolling bubble.

TBH I doubt we'll ever be able to kill a Diwigible in combat, the only advantage we have is the Diwigiable as a big expensive unit actually makes our approach of lots of small expendable units more effective.
Sihoiba

Postby Crovius » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:50 am

Well the retaliation rules the way they are, if one unti attacks it, it retaliates, and then we can target it with multiple maxed out stacks (maxed out meaning stacks of 8 to capitalize on the combat bonus). That should eventually kill on.

Also as for my own units and their use. Crabfist and his Amblypygi could move as an idependent scout group, looking for vulnerable enemy stacks and hitting them when they have the chance. They have the highest Hits of all our scouts and actually have a strong defense score so they can survive an attack while away from the main army much more easilly than the other scouts. And with Crabfist they'll have hsi commander bonus. Should the enemy try attacking them, they'll waste units hunting down my scout group and we could find some interesting information while they are seperate from us.

As the only Siege units, my Scorpiones and Commander Pinser need to start making their way straight to the enemy's side. With the main army paving a way for him we should reach the capital faster when he is carried. If the ManbeawPig is too valuable on the offense to waste move carrying him, my tarantula can suffice to help him move along a bit faster.

My Agelenidae are the only units with 0 move and will help defend the base. I'll make a few more. With their stats they should survuve most attacks, though a lack of range measn the alrge number of enemy fliers will cause them some trouble.

Also, we have NO flying units. At all.
Crovius

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Crovius wrote:Well the retaliation rules the way they are, if one unti attacks it, it retaliates, and then we can target it with multiple maxed out stacks (maxed out meaning stacks of 8 to capitalize on the combat bonus). That should eventually kill on.

What do you mean exactly? Though if the lower Diwigible stack was one hex closer we could have cwoaked the diwigible and possibly the whole stack this turn.

Crovius wrote:Also as for my own units and their use. Crabfist and his Amblypygi could move as an idependent scout group, looking for vulnerable enemy stacks and hitting them when they have the chance.

Sounds good, but are you happy with my suggestion for this turn? If you agree I'll run the combats.

Crovius wrote:Also, we have NO flying units. At all.

We have Fawcon and Fwying Monkeys - though they are both low hit scouts.
Sihoiba

Postby Crovius » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 pm

I thought it was mentioned Fawcons were NOT fliers cause they "fly close to the ground" I mean combat worthy fliers.

I accept the orders for this turn, after this Crabfist will take his scouts on solo missions away from the maain group, acting as a decoy and possibly moving behind enemy lines.
Crovius

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Crovius wrote:I thought it was mentioned Fawcons were NOT fliers cause they "fly close to the ground" I mean combat worthy fliers.

Don't know where you got that from... but agreed we have no combat worthy fliers, but we also have no no plains hexes so flying is only an extra point of move in this case, nothing else.
Sihoiba

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Agreed that My plan would not work due to movement.

The Range defense plan would have been my Storm Twoopers in a stack each. If he attacked with one of his ranged flyers (for his force, as long as there are no dwagons or orlys present), he'd have to ingage a lone twooper first.

While we can mount Pincer, there aren't enough mounts for the Scorpiones. We'll come across that hurdle if it comes up later.

Only other thing I'd like to bring up is putting some (non flying) scouts in the back of the swave wall (H9 and I8 if i see things correctly). While they will be in danger, it will give us more scouting range next turn. Also, if they do attack the scouts, then the diwigables will be in attack range next turn, and we can try to take one of them out.

Bland: Manbeawpig cost 106, it would be real nice if they were 45.
HerbieRai

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Pre assault movement orders:
Stormtwoopers dismount.
Crabfist and Mao and Swaves 1-3 mount Manbeawpig 1, Manbeawpig 1 moves to I8 (1 move left), Crabfist and Mao dismount (3 move left) and the Swaves dismount (2 move left)
Khaw Dwogo and Fweddy Kwueger mount Manbeawpig 2 move to I9 (2 move left), Khaw Dwogo and Fweddy Kwueger dismount (4 move left)
Bwoodwider 1 and 2 and Swaves 4-6 mount Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger moves to J9 and Bwoodwider 1 dismounts (4 move left), Cheeseburger moves to I9 (1 move left), Bwoodwider 2 dismounts (4 move left) and the Swaves dismount (2 move left)
Swaves 7-16 mount Tawantula, Tawantula moves to I9 (1 Move left), Swaves 7-16 dismount (2 move left)
Swaves 17-31 mount Bwoodwider 3-7, Bwoodwiders moves to J9 Swaves 17-30 dismount (2 move left), Bwoodwiders moves to I9 (2 Move left), Swave 31 dismounts (2 move left)
Swaves 32-46 mount Longcats 1-3, Longcats move to I9 (2 move left), Swaves 32-46 dismount (2 move left)
Swaves 47-71 mount Scorpiones 1-5, Scorpiones move to I9 (0 move left), Swaves 47-71 dismount (2 move left)
Swaves 72-75 mount Chwistmas Cwitter 1, Chwistmas Cwitter 1 moves to I9 (3 move left), Swaves 72-75 dismount (2 move left)

Unit Locations after movement: [] denotes stacking, {} denotes mounting
I8: [Crabfist], [Mao], [Manbeawpig 1], [Swave]x2
J9: [Swaves]x14, [Bwoodwider 1]
I9: [Swaves]x61, [Bwoodwider 2], [Bwoodwider 3-7], [Manbeawpig], [Tawantula], [Longcat x3], [Scorpiones x5], [Chwistmas Cwitter 1], [Cheeseburger], [Khaw Dwogo], [Fweddy Kweuger]
J10: [fwying monkeysx3], [stwom twoopersx2, cwismas cwitters x2], [stwom twoopers x5], [Dothwaki Falcon x3], [kitteh x2], [LOLCatiusha x2, SniperCat x3], [Amblypygi x4], [Acraina x7], [Agelenidae x2], [Commander Pinser]
Commander Pinser will have to issue orders to units in J10 still.

Attack posts follow.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Commander Crabfist Moves to I7 attacks Decrypted Orlie

COMBAT!   
Battle is joined in hex:    I7
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds):    3533
Attacker:   
Total Attack Value:    5
Level of Highest Commander:    2
Number of Units:    1
Stacking Bonus:    1.0
Average Defence:    3.0
Terrain Bonus of Hex:    0.0
Special Bonus:    1.0
Random Percentage:    80%
Total Damage:    5

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    4

Defender   
Total Attack Value:    2
Level of Highest Commander:    0
Average Defence:    1.0
Ambush Bonus:    1.0
Random Percentage:    70%
Total Damage:    1

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    1

Crabfist has 3 hits left, ORLY is slain, Crabfist gains 1XP

Crabfist moves to I9 0 move left.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Chairman Mao attacks ORLY in H8

Chairman Mao strikes first!
COMBAT!   
Battle is joined in hex:    H8
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds):    3933
Attacker:   
Total Attack Value:    10
Level of Highest Commander:    3
Average Defence:    5.0
Random Percentage:    85%
Total Damage:    11

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    10

ORLY is dusted, Mao gains 1XP

Chairman Mao moves to I9, 0 move left.
Last edited by Sihoiba on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Khaw Dwogo moves H9->G8, attacks ORLY

Khaw Dwogo strikes first!

COMBAT!   
Battle is joined in hex:    G8
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds):    4248
Attacker:   
Total Attack Value:    12
Level of Highest Commander:    4
Average Defence:    0.0
Random Percentage:    70%
Total Damage:    12

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    10

ORLY dusted, Dwogo gains 1XP, Dwogo returns to I9, 0 move left
Last edited by Sihoiba on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Fweddy Kwueger moves H9 -> G9, attacks ORLY

COMBAT!   
Battle is joined in hex:    G9
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds):    4452
Attacker:   
Level of Highest Commander:    4
Average Defence:    5.0
Random Percentage:    75%
Total Damage:    13

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    11

Defender   
Total Attack Value:    2
Average Defence:    1.0
Ambush Bonus:    1.0
Random Percentage:    95%
Total Damage:    2

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    1

Fweddy is down to 5 hits, gains 1XP, returns to I9, 0 move left.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Bwoodwider 1 moves to J7 attacks ORLY

Bwoodwider strikes first!
COMBAT!   
Battle is joined in hex:    J7
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds):    4726
Attacker:   
Random Percentage:    100%
Total Damage:    12

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    11

ORLY cwoaked, Bwoodwider returns to J9, 0 move left.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Bwoodwider 2 moves to G10 attacks ORLY

Bwoodwider strikes first!
COMBAT!   
Battle is joined in hex:    G10
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds):    4847
Attacker:   
Random Percentage:    90%
Total Damage:    11

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy:    9

ORLY dusted, Bwoodwider returns to I9, 0 move left.
Sihoiba

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games