A battle of two cities - Turn 11

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: A battle of two cities

Postby HerbieRai » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Well don't move to that hex, you know, the one we have trapped. Poor Aslan may find himself at a zoo.

Twoy wrote:Avewnus' units are so cowardly they will probably flee on first sight of the enemy. I doubt if knowledge of their weaknesses will make any difference.

I'm sorry you don't think highly of your allies. Its not to late to admit defeat.
HerbieRai

Postby Twoy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:42 pm

HerbieRai wrote:I'm sorry you don't think highly of your allies. Its not too late to admit defeat.

Don't forget Aslan's breath.
Twoy

Postby Sihoiba » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Some useful links:

Unit calculator the one I used to double check all your costs. If a unit has a special put a Y in the relevant column, I've put all the visible unit types up there to give examples. Hopefully I've got the google documents permissions right!

Combat Calculator this is the one I'll be using when I work our the combat damages (though using my local copy). If you want to experiment with combats when planning units, make sure to own change the blue cells.

NB: After some thought (largely to make spreadsheets simpler), I've decided to have commander level count towards average stack level as well as the command bonus.
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Nice spreadsheets, Sihoiba. What exactly is a "Fighting Unit", though?

And, yes, if you want discuss surrender terms with Risun, we are happy to accept. :D (Note: This is a great time to say something like "We're sorry, but we don't have nearly enough resources to take you all prisoner," for the Steam Gentlemen, Nawnia, and Avewnus.)
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Nihila wrote:Nice spreadsheets, Sihoiba. What exactly is a "Fighting Unit", though?

See the descriptions of ranged and dance fighting mounts and riders. If you have a ranged rider on a non ranged mount and want to attack at range then the rider is a fighting unit, the mount is not.
Sihoiba

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:08 am

"Foggy day we're having, eh chaps? It is a weather for war."
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 am

Just a reminder: let me know how you're stacking units before game start as it may be relevant turn 1.
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:12 am

Question: Can I mount fliers on non-fliers? Aircraft carrier style?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:17 am

Nihila wrote:Question: Can I mount fliers on non-fliers? Aircraft carrier style?

I know what you're doing there :twisted:
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:42 am

Well, they don't want to fly through the fog. They might crash--it's a well known phenomenon that units that fly in fog have a tendency to accidentally engage other units.
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:36 am

Nihila wrote:Question: Can I mount fliers on non-fliers? Aircraft carrier style?

No. I can't think of any examples in the comics of flyers mounted on non flyers.
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:02 am

But fliers can mount fliers, right? An example would be Doombats and Transylvito Warlords. Well, sort of. :D
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Fliers can mount fliers? Where is that reference exactly? :D
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Nihila » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 pm

zilfallon wrote:Fliers can mount fliers? Where is that reference exactly? :D
Summer Update 10 wrote:He floated down to the rocky ground and collapsed his coffin to fist size. This he put away into his cape, petting his last three bats as they squirmed around in there, still fighting over each other's rations. He didn't say anything more to Zamussels. What could he? All he could do was keep an eye on her.
Well, a flying Warlord can carry 3 bats (or more, but whatever). The closest thing we have to a Cargo system is Mounting, anyways.
Nihila

Postby zilfallon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Hmm, that's on a small scale. But yeah, seems possible, since rules of Erfworld do not have exceptions for common sense.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Sihoiba » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Nihila wrote:But fliers can mount fliers, right? An example would be Doombats and Transylvito Warlords. Well, sort of. :D

Yes, and that's pretty much the example I was thinking of too.
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 am

And units heal at the start of their own turn, right?

Sorry, I'll keep popping in with these questions. :D
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 am

Nihila wrote:And units heal at the start of their own turn, right?

Sorry, I'll keep popping in with these questions. :D

Yes
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 am

Just to clarify:

Your base camps are FORTS, and therefore have 200 hits worth of Fortifications and provide 2 terrain defence to units within them.
Sihoiba

Postby Sihoiba » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:53 pm

didn't Roads count as a Defense penalty? If so, by how much?

Not in this game. They are just a terrain type with no defence bonuses.

Mountains have a defense? So that means that Fliers can get a terrain bonus when on Mountains?

Flyers don't ever get terrain defence bonuses. Mountains provide defence because you could have made Mountain capable ground units capable of entering them.

Can non-fliers enter mountains?

If they have the Mountain Capable special

What about Dirtamancy traps? If layed on a mountain, and a Flier stack goes by, does the trap go boom?

Dirtamancy traps can't hit flyers (except for tricaster exploding volcano traps), a dirtamancy trap laid on a mountain by a mountain capable or flying dirtamancy unit would blow up when an enemy mountain capable ground unit entered the hex.
Sihoiba

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games