An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:36 pm

The Commonwealth of Escotia formally establishes the GRAND ALLIED COALITION, an alliance between itself, House Ordos, Risun, the Queendom of Frank, and Dominaria. The alliance cannot be broken by any of these sides, only dissolved. Dissolution of the alliance cannot occur without a 2/3 vote by the members; two turns must pass after the motion to dissolve before voting can occur.

Reasons:
1) These nations' enemies have formed their own COALITION, which would make a response sensible.
2) These nations are economically united within either Risun's TRADE NETWORK or through other COMMERCE.
3) In these chaotic times, it is necessary for each of these nations to know who are friends; this treaty codifies it, and the dissolution clause provides security that no surprises will occur. (Esp. given Risun's prior actions and Ordos's BAD REPUTATION).
WaterMonkey314

Postby zilfallon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:14 am

CANCELLED ARGUMENT (due to capital attacks)

Spoiler: show
WaterMonkey314 wrote:The Commonwealth of Escotia formally establishes the GRAND ALLIED COALITION, an alliance between itself, House Ordos, Risun, the Queendom of Frank, and Dominaria. The alliance cannot be broken by any of these sides, only dissolved. Dissolution of the alliance cannot occur without a 2/3 vote by the members; two turns must pass after the motion to dissolve before voting can occur.

Reasons:
1) These nations' enemies have formed their own COALITION, which would make a response sensible.
2) These nations are economically united within either Risun's TRADE NETWORK or through other COMMERCE.
3) In these chaotic times, it is necessary for each of these nations to know who are friends; this treaty codifies it, and the dissolution clause provides security that no surprises will occur. (Esp. given Risun's prior actions and Ordos's BAD REPUTATION).

Yes, and Gerardion joins the GRAND ALLIED COALITION.

1)Gerardion helped Dominaria(a member of the alliance) create an army of POWERFUL GOLEMS.
2)Gerardion has GEM MINES. (further boosting the alliance's economic power)
3)Gerardion possesses a STRONG GROUND-FORCE to be a useful member of the alliance.

Also watermonkey, you included Risun in this coalition, but Risun is already a member of POWERFUL COALITION.
Last edited by zilfallon on Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Shusagi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:20 am

(Risun can be a member of both, there's nothing stopping that. Don't think in terms of Erfworld logisitics, think in terms of a matrix game logistic. ;P)
Shusagi

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:03 am

I've had a change of heart on one of the previous turn's arguments.

I'm going to rule the Escotian sacking of Arcadia as "Stupid". Not because it is impossible, but because there was absolutely no lead up to the event.

The Arcadian Navy is still Large, the Arcadian defences are still in place. I don't think I can let an out of the blue "We sack Arcadia" get by, even on WEAK.

Sorry if this changes how people think.
Now if the Escotians engage the Arcadian Navy and beat it, then the way might be open to a Sacking.
LTDave

Postby Shusagi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

LTDave wrote:I've had a change of heart on one of the previous turn's arguments.

I'm going to rule the Escotian sacking of Arcadia as "Stupid". Not because it is impossible, but because there was absolutely no lead up to the event.

The Arcadian Navy is still Large, the Arcadian defences are still in place. I don't think I can let an out of the blue "We sack Arcadia" get by, even on WEAK.

Now if the Escotians engage the Arcadian Navy and beat it, then the way might be open to a Sacking.

"no lead-up" aside, the three reasons given were decent and there was no counter-argument, AND he got a really good roll, AND this isn't a game-winning action (or that close to it. Me making Arkadia my city state was closer to a game-winner and had no lead-up It was the first action I took against Arkadia, I just happened to have good reasons and a lucky roll). Buuuut it's your game, your call.
Shusagi

Postby Iylzara » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:26 am

The Queendom of Frank continues training its fliers to UNMATCHED STATUS

1. These fliers have now been in training for some time
2. The fliers and shockamancers have a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK already
3. The Queendom of Frank has a TREMENDOUS ECONOMY to fund this.
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
Iylzara

Postby zilfallon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:02 am

Shusagi wrote:(Risun can be a member of both, there's nothing stopping that. Don't think in terms of Erfworld logisitics, think in terms of a matrix game logistic. ;P)

wouldn't it weaken the argument, i mean? Not to mention that it gives a good reason to someone who wants to counter it. Just asking, not that Sovereign is against the possibility of being allied with the water-emperor :)
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby thetobias » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 am

Lt. Dave, I've got a slight problem:

1) You rate the sacking as STUPID and it fails.
2) You have written down that escotia sacked me (shouldn't that be tried to sack me?)

Anyway.. damn the rolls aren't in my favor ^^", I'll wait a while posting my next argument till I've seen the others.
thetobias

Postby Daemonwelsh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Dominaria increases the variety of its POWERFUL GOLEMS into POWERFULY SKILLED MINING GOLEMS, POWERFUL WARRIOR GOLEMS, and POWERFUL GARRISON GOLEMS.

1)Dominaria draws upon the Gems it received in exchange for some SKILLED MINERS.
2)Dominaria combines many of its SKILLED MINERS and its POWERFUL GOLEMS
3)Dominaria draws upon the knowledge of Geradion, due to their recent help with the golems, and their skill with croakamancy.

I am all for the coalition... I should also mention in a later post where the Dominarian civilization is located...
Last edited by Daemonwelsh on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemonwelsh

Postby zilfallon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Daemonwelsh wrote:Dominaria increases the variety of its POWERFUL GOLEMS into POWERFULY SKILLED MINING GOLEMS, POWERFUL WARRIOR GOLEMS, and POWERFUL GARRISON GOLEMS.

1)Dominaria draws upon the Gems it received in exchange for some SKILLED MINERS.
3)Dominaria draws upon the strength of the GRAND ALLIED COALITION in its efforts.

I am all for the coalition... I should also mention in a later post where the Dominarian civilization is located...

Just to inform you, if the argument which forms the grand allied coalition fails, you'll lose one of your reasons. Not sure if this'll be a problem.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Shusagi wrote:
LTDave wrote:I've had a change of heart on one of the previous turn's arguments.

"no lead-up" aside, the three reasons given were decent and there was no counter-argument, AND he got a really good roll, AND this isn't a game-winning action (or that close to it. Me making Arkadia my city state was closer to a game-winner and had no lead-up It was the first action I took against Arkadia, I just happened to have good reasons and a lucky roll). Buuuut it's your game, your call.

Wait - whoa! I agree with Shusagi - yes, it is your game and your call, but I really don't like your backtracking on it AFTER the next round's already started.

I'm sorely tempted to retract my GAC argument, but that would upend pretty much everyone else's argument so far if I were to do so. Can we get some guidance here as to whether we should restart this round in light of the failure of that argument?
WaterMonkey314

Postby Daemonwelsh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:01 pm

zilfallon wrote:
Daemonwelsh wrote:Dominaria increases the variety of its POWERFUL GOLEMS into POWERFULY SKILLED MINING GOLEMS, POWERFUL WARRIOR GOLEMS, and POWERFUL GARRISON GOLEMS.

3)Dominaria draws upon the knowledge of Geradion, due to their recent help with the golems, and their skill with croakamancy.

Just to inform you, if the argument which forms the grand allied coalition fails, you'll lose one of your reasons. Not sure if this'll be a problem.

true... but I don't think it will fail. I was considering proposing the same kind of thing, but was beaten to it.
eh. Im going to change it.

better?
Daemonwelsh

Postby Sihoiba » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:18 pm

The Weathertoffs hire a UNEQUALED FORCE OF ARCHONS from Charlie:

1) Charlie hire out his Archons as mercenary forces.
2) The Weathertoffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY with which to pay for the mercenaries.
3) The Weathertoffs are part of a POWERFUL COALITION currently at war thereby ensuring Charlie sees much potential for profit.
Sihoiba

Postby Iylzara » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Sihoiba wrote:The Weathertoffs hire a UNEQUALED FORCE OF ARCHONS from Charlie:

2) The Weathertoffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY with which to pay for the mercenaries.
3) The Weathertoffs are part of a POWERFUL COALITION currently at war thereby ensuring Charlie sees much potential for profit.

That sounds like an attempt at a targeted response.

Enjoy your imminent destruction.
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
Iylzara

Postby thetobias » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Iylzara wrote:

That sounds like an attempt at a targeted response.

Enjoy your imminent destruction.

Consider the naval, foolamancy, tactic and monetary support of Arkadia is at your disposal (pending agreement with our ally Risun)
thetobias

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Er... I thought Risun broke alliance with the POWERFUL COALITION.

Anyway, I think I'll stick with the GAC argument for this round, rather than trying to re-sack Arkadia or anything else.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Shusagi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:17 am

(I hate to be the constant downer. Your 2nd and 3rd reasons are really good, but the first doesn't really do much since Charlie and the Archons don't yet exist within the context of the game.)
Shusagi

Postby Nihila » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:55 am

Risun attacks and captures Andwoidia's capital.
1) Risun's FANATICAL ARMY has already penetrated deep into Andwoidia's territory.
2) Risun's EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE has extensive experience covering ground invasions from previous attacks on Andwoidia.
3) Andwoidia's defenders are made arrogant by Mr. Roboto's FAVORABLE FATE, little knowing that this fate is to survive as a Barbarian Warlord.

Well, this is a blatant attempt to win the game. Counter-arguments, GO!
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby thetobias » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 am

Nihila wrote:Risun attacks and captures Andwoidia's capital.
1) Risun's FANATICAL ARMY has already penetrated deep into Andwoidia's territory.
2) Risun's EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE has extensive experience covering ground invasions from previous attacks on Andwoidia.
3) Andwoidia's defenders are made arrogant by Mr. Roboto's FAVORABLE FATE, little knowing that this fate is to survive as a Barbarian Warlord.

Yes, and due too Arkadian support the attack is VERY SUCCESSFUL.
1) Arkadia's MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER will veil the assaulting army.
2) Arkadia uses its LARGE FLEET to help ferry more of Risun's FANATICAL ARMY into Andwoidian lands.
3) The Munchkin pledges his support as a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN to the armies of Risun. (face it, he has greater knowledge of terrain and Andwoidian troop workings than the Empiral commanders.)

Sorry Shusagi, but remember:

Nihila wrote:(Central lesson 2: Stratagem 10 of 36.)

Never try to control a PC...
thetobias

Postby Shusagi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:39 pm

thetobias wrote:
Nihila wrote:Risun attacks and captures Andwoidia's capital.

Yes, and due too Arkadian support the attack is VERY SUCCESSFUL.
1) Arkadia's MASTER-CLASS FOOLAMANCER will veil the assaulting army.
2) Arkadia uses its LARGE FLEET to help ferry more of Risun's FANATICAL ARMY into Andwoidian lands.
3) The Munchkin pledges his support as a BRILLIANT TACTICIAN to the armies of Risun. (face it, he has greater knowledge of terrain and Andwoidian troop workings than the Empiral commanders.)

Sorry Shusagi, but remember:

Nihila wrote:(Central lesson 2: Stratagem 10 of 36.)

Never try to control a PC...

No, actually, Andwoidia takes control of Arkadia before Risun's forces arrive

Reasons:
1. Arkadia is already a city within Andwoidia (thus one step away from being controlled)
2. Andwoidia is backed by a POWERFUL COALITION
3. Andwoidia has POWERFUL SEIGE to take the garrison

(It was a good game while it lasted. If you win Nihila, congrats, you played a very direct and strategic game. :) )
Shusagi

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games