An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:43 am

Ok.

Yes, and* -> House Ordos makes an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia. Not very nice fellows are they.

1. Ordos produces STRONG MAGIC ITEMS (ie mines, right now).
2. Escotia has a LARGE TERRITORY.
3(a). The Weather Toffs have sent a MILITARY FORCE into Escotian territory (or, if that doesn't happen, there's still->)
3(b). Ordos is part of a LARGE TRADE NETWORK.

*: good luck tracing what this is a yes, and to. Basically, a few arguments are about a scouting force from the Toffs getting into Escotian territory, so I'd adjoin this argument to those, and Nihila's in particular**, but if it becomes too difficult to trace, it might stand alone.

**: in Nihila's version of events, there's a sizeable force on Escotian territory. So, the Escotians would feel the pressure for some mines.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Sihoiba wrote:
Daemonwelsh wrote:The Weather Toffs are unsuited for ROUGH WEATHER


The Weather Toffs are named after famour weathermen, so this amuses me.


Well, you can use this to have them trained for rough weather after this? And I did not realize this... Which weathermen?

Ill check back later today. Toodaloo!
Daemonwelsh
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 pm

The Queendom of Frank accumulates a VAST TREASURY , Rating: Strong , Target: 4 , Roll: 6 , Result: FAILURE.

Risun uses aggressive diplomacy to coerce Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES into new alliances with Risun. , Rating: Normal , Target: 3 , Roll: 4 , Result: FAILURE.

The WeatherToffs sneak a large flying force into Escotia. , Rating: Very Strong , Target: 5 , Roll: 1 , Result: SUCCESS!
Yes, and as a benefit of their alliance they are assisted by Andwoidia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
Yes, and* -> House Ordos makes an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia.

Yes, BUT due to the VAST EMPIRE of Escotia, the WeatherToffs only succeed in sneaking a LARGE SCOUTING FORCE into a far-flung colony of Escotia far from the home isles. , Rating: Strong , Target: 4 , Roll: 6 , Result: FAILURE.
Yes, And due to the vastness of Escotia, and the turbulant weather that neccesatated Escotia's MASSIVE NAVY, the SCOUTING FORCE is reduced to 1/10 of its numbers

Shusagi
Side: Andwoidia
Ruler: Mr.Roboto
Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY
Andwoidia has POWERFUL SEIGE
Andwoidia has an EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
Mr.Roboto has been predicted to have a FAVORABLE FATE
Andwoidia is surrounded by NATURAL ALLIES
The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia


BLANDCorporatio
Side: House Ordos.
House Ordos has a POWERFUL ECONOMY.
House Ordos has a BAD REPUTATION WITH OTHER SIDES.
House Ordos produces STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
House Ordos has a MERCENARY* ARMY.
House Ordos has a CUNNING LEADER.
The Ordos are a part of the Risun's trade network
House Ordos has an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY from selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia.

Sihoiba
Weather Toffs
Ruler: The Great Lord Fahrenheit
The Weather Toffs have FAST SCOUTS.
The Weather Toffs have POWERFUL FLYERS.
The Weather Toffs have a FLYING CAPITAL.
The Weather Toffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER.
The Weather Toffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY.
The Weather Toffs have located the forces of the opposing empires.
The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
The WeatherToffs have sneaked a large flying force into Escotia.

WaterMonkey314
Side: The Commonwealth of Escotia
Ruler: The Lord Protector
Escotia is an ISLAND NATION.
Escotia has a VAST EMPIRE.
Escotia has an INVINCIBLE NAVY.
Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY.
Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS.
Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY
Escotia has ANTIPERSONNEL MINES

Iylzara
Side: The Queendom of Frank
Ruler: Queen Frank
The Queendom of Frank is A MOUNTAIN NATION
The Queendom of Frank is MINERAL RICH
The Queendom of Frank has a SMALL ARMY
The Queendom of Frank has A LOT OF FLIERS
The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS
The Queendom of Frank has a LARGE SCALE MINING OPERATION


Nihila
Side: Risun
Ruler: Emperor Hai Tro Chen
The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
The Empire of Risun controls VALUABLE PORTS.
The Empire of Risun has an EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE.
The Empire of Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
The Empire of Risun has a SHREWD RULER.
Risun has a TRADE NETWORK

Daemonwelsh
Side: Dominaria
Ruler: Urza
Dominaria has a POWERFUL MILITIA
Dominaria has LOYAL MINERS
Dominaria has SKILLED MINERS
Dominaria's capital, Urza's tower, is built DEEP UNDERGROUND
Dominaria has NUMEROUS MINERS
Dominaria has begun an EARTHAMANCY BATTERY



Turn 3 starts now. 48 hours.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Nihila » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Well, in that case...

Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
1) Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
2) Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
3) Risun's TRADE NETWORK grants them access to House Ordos's STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Iylzara » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Nihila wrote:Well, in that case...

Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
1) Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
2) Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
3) Risun's TRADE NETWORK grants them access to House Ordos's STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.


Yes, and, they purchase fliers and shockamancers from the Queendom of Frank to ensure their success, paying a large mercenary payment.

1: The Queendom of Frank has A LOT OF FLIERS
2: The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS
3: Risun is part of a TRADE NETWORK that makes such payments possible.
Last edited by Iylzara on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
User avatar
Iylzara
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Nihila » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Erm... wouldn't that be a "Yes, and," argument, since it strengthens my argument rather than changing the result?

(Not that I don't appreciate the help, of course :D .)
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Iylzara » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I wasn't really sure, because it made me profit too.

Edit: Read the original post. Yes and makes more sense.
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
User avatar
Iylzara
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Escotia amasses an UNMATCHED ANTI-AIRCRAFT FORCE, armed with powerful repurposed Ordos magical items and manned by a combination of its DISCIPLINED ARMY and FLYERS and SHOCKAMANCERS from the QUEENDOM OF FRANK.

Reasons:

Escotia has ANTIPERSONNEL MINES. (Sourced from House Ordos, which makes STRONG MAGIC ITEMS).
Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS. (Who can repurpose antipersonnel mines to be AA items... maybe as flak? :P )
Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY. (Revenue from which can pay for the flying force.)

Also, thank you Daemonwelsh for the help - if I can get rid of these pesky Toffs, perhaps we can codify the alliance. :D

Dave, how do the "Yes, and's" affect the rolls? Does it add 1 to the target, or does it add 1 to the roll? If the former, was my rating "normal" before Daemonwelsh's argument?
WaterMonkey314
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Dominaria pours resources into the completion of a set of POWERFUL ARTIFACTS, the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY, a powerplant powered by PURE URZA, and a massive EARTHAMANCY TOWER

Dominaria is a mostly underground civilization with MASSIVE MINES
Dominaria already began constructing the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY
Dominaria uses many of its SIGNIFICANT RESOURCES to work on the project.

And as for a coalition... I say, yes. But know, I will be attempting unorthadox, and slightly mtg related things.

Perhaps an endless wurm is in order?
Daemonwelsh
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:10 am

Dave, how do the "Yes, and's" affect the rolls? Does it add 1 to the target, or does it add 1 to the roll? If the former, was my rating "normal" before Daemonwelsh's argument?


It adds 1 to the target. Except when a Strong argument has 2 or more "Yes, and..."s added to it, because this brings the target to 6, which is unbreakable. So, in the last round, I downgraded both your and the Weathertoffs rating (as they were in competition), so that both had a possibility of failure.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Shusagi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 am

Several spies from Andwoidia are appointed as Emperor Hai Tro Chen's attendants

Reasons:
1) Risun has a TRADE NETWORK which makes foreign units arriving less suspicious (Originally: Risun has a SHREWD LEADER)
2) The spies go unnoticed thanks to Andwoidia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
3) Risun is too busy launching raids on Andwoidia to notice
Last edited by Shusagi on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shusagi
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Nihila » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:04 am

@Shusagi: I find your first reason especially amusing since "SHREWD" means "Having or showing sharp powers of judgment; astute," which is about the opposite of what it would have to mean for it to make sense as a reason for your argument.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Sihoiba » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:03 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Escotia amasses an UNMATCHED ANTI-AIRCRAFT FORCE, armed with powerful repurposed Ordos magical items and manned by a combination of its DISCIPLINED ARMY and FLYERS and SHOCKAMANCERS from the QUEENDOM OF FRANK.


No, Actually the flyers and shockamancers are ambushed and slain on route by the Weather Toffs forces before they can form part of an anti-airforce.

1) The Weather Toffs have a POWERFUL FLYERS in an air force in Escortia territory.
2) The Weather Toffs are aided by Andwodia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER.
3) The Weather Toffs know where best to ambush the Queendom of Franks flyers and shockomancers thanks to their EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER.
Sihoiba
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Nihila » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Shusagi wrote:2) The spies go unnoticed thanks to Andwoidia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
Sihoiba wrote:2) The Weather Toffs are aided by Andwodia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER.
Wow, one busy Foolamancer here... Which one is he doing? Will these arguments just be taken as contradictory, so only one can pass?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Shusagi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Nihila wrote:
Shusagi wrote:2) The spies go unnoticed thanks to Andwoidia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
Sihoiba wrote:2) The Weather Toffs are aided by Andwodia's EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER.
Wow, one busy Foolamancer here... Which one is he doing? Will these arguments just be taken as contradictory, so only one can pass?


It'll probably just make Sihoiba's (since it was posted after mine) or perhaps both of our arguments slightly weaker. I don't think they're contradictory, they're just stretching things thin. Though since the EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER is mine, and only indirectly available to the Weather Toffs, if it came down to one I think it'd go to me. But, hard to say how much an experienced foolamancer can get done. :P

Also, @Nihila's point about Shrewd, you're right. I misinterpreted it. Or rather, I thought it meant something completely different. So I'm going to go edit my argument (as per the rules). Thanks. : )
Shusagi
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:01 pm

He's just an indeterminate Foolamancer - he's everywhere and nowhere until he's observed. :P
WaterMonkey314
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:59 am

Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
Yes, and, they purchase fliers and shockamancers from the Queendom of Frank to ensure their success, paying a large mercenary payment. ,
Yes and-> House Ordos aquires Andwoidian POWERFUL SIEGE as payment for the items that assisted RISUN's raids.
Rating: Very Strong , Target: 5 , Roll: 3 , Result: SUCCESS!

Dominaria pours resources into the completion of a set of POWERFUL ARTIFACTS, the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY, a powerplant powered by PURE URZA, and a massive EARTHAMANCY TOWER , Rating: Weak , Target: 2 , Roll: 2 , Result: SUCCESS!

Several spies from Andwoidia are appointed as Emperor Hai Tro Chen's attendants , Rating: Normal , Target: 3 , Roll: 6 , Result: FAILURE.

Escotia amasses an UNMATCHED ANTI-AIRCRAFT FORCE , Rating: Strong , Target: 4 , Roll: 5 , Result: FAILURE.
No, Actually the flyers and shockamancers are ambushed and slain on route by the Weather Toffs forces before they can form part of an anti-airforce , Rating: Normal , Target: 3 , Roll: 5 , Result: FAILURE.




Shusagi
Side: Andwoidia
Ruler: Mr.Roboto
Andwoidia has a LOYAL ARMY
Andwoidia has POWERFUL SEIGE
Andwoidia has an EXPERIENCED FOOLAMANCER
Mr.Roboto has been predicted to have a FAVORABLE FATE
Andwoidia is surrounded by NATURAL ALLIES
The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia


BLANDCorporatio
Side: House Ordos.
House Ordos has a POWERFUL ECONOMY.
House Ordos has a BAD REPUTATION WITH OTHER SIDES.
House Ordos produces STRONG MAGIC ITEMS.
House Ordos has a MERCENARY* ARMY.
House Ordos has a CUNNING LEADER.
The Ordos are a part of the Risun's trade network
House Ordos has an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY from selling antipersonnel mines to Escotia.
House Ordos has POWERFUL SIEGE.

Sihoiba
Weather Toffs
Ruler: The Great Lord Fahrenheit
The Weather Toffs have FAST SCOUTS.
The Weather Toffs have POWERFUL FLYERS.
The Weather Toffs have a FLYING CAPITAL.
The Weather Toffs have an EXPERT PREDICTAMANCER.
The Weather Toffs have an ENORMOUS TREASURY.
The Weather Toffs have located the forces of the opposing empires.
The Weather Toffs are allied with Andwoidia
The WeatherToffs have sneaked a large flying force into Escotia.

WaterMonkey314
Side: The Commonwealth of Escotia
Ruler: The Lord Protector
Escotia is an ISLAND NATION.
Escotia has a VAST EMPIRE.
Escotia has an INVINCIBLE NAVY.
Escotia has a DISCIPLINED ARMY.
Escotia has BRILLIANT CASTERS.
Escotia has a BOOMING ECONOMY
Escotia has ANTIPERSONNEL MINES

Iylzara
Side: The Queendom of Frank
Ruler: Queen Frank
The Queendom of Frank is A MOUNTAIN NATION
The Queendom of Frank is MINERAL RICH
The Queendom of Frank has a SMALL ARMY
The Queendom of Frank has A LOT OF FLIERS
The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS
The Queendom of Frank has a LARGE SCALE MINING OPERATION
Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.

Nihila
Side: Risun
Ruler: Emperor Hai Tro Chen
The Empire of Risun has a FANATICAL ARMY.
The Empire of Risun controls VALUABLE PORTS.
The Empire of Risun has an EXPERIENCED AIR FORCE.
The Empire of Risun has a COMPETENT NAVY.
The Empire of Risun has a SHREWD RULER.
Risun has a TRADE NETWORK
Risun launches a series of piratical raids on Andwoidia's coastal cities, capturing many and razing the rest.
Queendom of Frank sells fliers and shockamancers to Risun for a large MERCENARY PAYMENT.

Daemonwelsh
Side: Dominaria
Ruler: Urza
Dominaria has a POWERFUL MILITIA
Dominaria has LOYAL MINERS
Dominaria has SKILLED MINERS
Dominaria's capital, Urza's tower, is built DEEP UNDERGROUND
Dominaria has NUMEROUS MINERS
Dominaria has begun an EARTHAMANCY BATTERY
Dominaria has a set of POWERFUL ARTIFACTS: the EARTHAMANCY BATTERY, a powerplant powered by PURE URZA, and a massive EARTHAMANCY TOWER



Turn 4 begins now - 48 hours.
Last edited by LTDave on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1976
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Iylzara » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:24 am

The Queendom of Frank earns a HIGH REPUTATION FOR MERCENARY WORK

1: The Queendom of Frank has a LOT OF FLIERS (With the required manoeuvrability to reach battlefields quickly)
2: The Queendom of Frank has MANY SHOCKAMANCERS (some of the most obviously battle-apt casters there are)
3: The Queendom of Frank recently received a LARGE MERCENARY PAYMENT for work of this nature.
"Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realise how little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice."
User avatar
Iylzara
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:48 am

Oy!

The post for turn 2 results was 16Dec, 6:29pm.

The post for turn 3 results was 18Dec, 1:59am.

This post is timed (EDIT) December 18, 5:48am.

(A constant number of hours, the same for all post timings, might be needed to adjust what you actually see. It doesn't affect the fact that)

So Ordos would actually still be, as of this post, in time for an argument. Don't skip!

So I'd put this argument for turn 3, if I may.

Yes and-> House Ordos aquires Andwoidian POWERFUL SIEGE as payment for the items that assisted RISUN's raids.

1. Ordos is part of Risun's TRADE NETWORK.
2. Risun has bought Ordos STRONG ITEMS to assist them on the attack of Andwoidian cities.
3. Ordos' CUNNING LEADER negociated what spoils of war would be payment.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
User avatar
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 3446
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

Re: An Erfworld Matrix Campaign

Postby Nihila » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:51 am

Well, for after BLAND's Yes, and--> gets added to an already Very Strong argument (did you do that on purpose, BLAND?), here's my Turn 4 argument:

Risun again initiates aggressive diplomacy, coercing Andwoidia's NATURAL ALLIES into new alliances with Risun.

Reasons:
1) Risun's raids on Andwoidia's coast enhanced the reputation of their FANATICAL ARMY, making threats of destruction more plausible.
2) Risun's raids on Andwoidia's coast razed some cities, providing money for the deals.
3) Risun's made a LARGE MERCENARY PAYMENT to Frank recently. (So they'll do the same for Natural Allies who just turn.)
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Probably totally lost.

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest