The Arkentool War - Prologue: "Gathering Clouds"

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Arkentool War - Prologue: "Gathering Clouds"

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Stryke wrote:Ok in the first line you say that Deus doesn't contribute to the stack bonus but in your second line you say he does. I'm going to assume that in the first line you meant he doesnt contribute to the stack damage, which is ok he's there for the LvL LDR STK bonus's which you say he gives.

No.

In the first line I am saying that HerbieRai's calculation is only correct if you decide that Deus does not contribute to the stack bonus.

In the second line, I point out that Deus should contribute to stack bonus, redo the calc, and therefore get the result that we do a bit more damage.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Stryke » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Stryke wrote:Ok in the first line you say that Deus doesn't contribute to the stack bonus but in your second line you say he does. I'm going to assume that in the first line you meant he doesnt contribute to the stack damage, which is ok he's there for the LvL LDR STK bonus's which you say he gives.

No.

In the first line I am saying that HerbieRai's calculation is only correct if you decide that Deus does not contribute to the stack bonus.

In the second line, I point out that Deus should contribute to stack bonus, redo the calc, and therefore get the result that we do a bit more damage.

oh ok then
Stryke

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:08 pm

I did not realize we could attack multiple times. That's what I get for skimming rules changes.

Dues, you seem to have the battle under control I'll leave the mop up to you and your men. We have 6 archers and 8 pikers to send to help defend until next turn, and Jenkins will be with you.
HerbieRai

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Just to confirm, I'm going with BLAND's interpretation of the combat, in which 43 hits are inflicted in the volley, leaving just Bobby the Red, who takes out 2 archers exactly.

I'll have the combat calc up shortly. :D
WaterMonkey314

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Combat sheet is now up!

I've protected most of the sheet to prevent accidental goofs - but you'll have to download the original sheet, not convert it to a Google Doc and download (that seems to strip the protections :( )

A change from previous versions of combat calculations - army stats go on a separate sheet named "Armies". You can enter the stats for each stack (A Hits column is provided for convenience, but does nothing), OR you can enter total attack, defense, etc. directly if you've already calculated it. If you want to enter it directly, put it in the "Override" row and change the override box to 1 - it will turn red, and the override row should turn green to match.
WaterMonkey314

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

I think I neglected to answer BLAND's question about Lily - She has full move should you choose to hire her, but she doesn't have Scout. She can recon-in-force though. :P
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:11 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:She can recon-in-force though. :P

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

Anyhoo, as far as I can tell, we've got several stacks itching for level-up by croaking the known barbarians. Let's please do so quickly as I want to see what's up in turn 2.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Stryke » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Ok just to confirm,

E8
the barbarian camp, all that remains are Bobby the Red annd Charles the Red
Newcasltes forces, Deus's stack has lost two archers and currently consists of himself and five remaining archers

If this is correct i shall run the numbers for Ex's attacks myself
Stryke

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Stryke wrote:Ok just to confirm,

E8
the barbarian camp, all that remains are Bobby the Red annd Charles the Red
Newcasltes forces, Deus's stack has lost two archers and currently consists of himself and five remaining archers

If this is correct i shall run the numbers for Ex's attacks myself

This is correct.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Water_Bear » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Non-Alkimian Commanders: If you can't keep IC and OOC knowledge separate don't read the following.

Spoiler: show
Commander Tiller nudged Can-Can along with a quick stirrup to the ribs, keeping the horse moving at a beat in time with the men. He intended to be there to watch the Red brothers die even if Can-Can had to break a leg to do it.

The pikers looked to be in good spirits; their wrought iron Tu-Tunics were polished and their sandals tightly laced with the knowledge that they would finally be getting vengeance on the Barbarian scum which had caused so much embarrassment to the Federation of late. Tiller wished he could share their sentiment, but something about the whole affair seemed wrong in a way he wasn't comfortable thinking about.

Still, the old Alkimian proverb would suit him well today; "How do you get to the City of Heroes? Practice, practice, practice." And he had practiced maneuvers in Camerian battle-space carefully, in case he ever had to lead his troupes southwards. The orders practically relayed themselves.

"Goddard, Hepburn, I want you to check the woods on either side of us; I don't like the idea of getting cut off from the homeland in case we need to exit stage left.Crawford, I want you to check the road ahead of us; we're marching straight into Neucastle so it should be clear, but I don't want any surprises."

He stopped and thought for a second before he barked the next command "Alright ladies, we're going in and we're going in fast and precice, but we can't forget this is officially Camerian Battle-space. We are the guests of the Camerian Kingdom, and will conduct ourselves as such. Crawford, I want you to let the folks at Neucastle know we're just here to kill some turncoats, the rest of us will trail behind so noone gets the wrong idea."

TL;DR
Scout 1 Scouts G2, G3, G4,G5, Neufchatel
Scout 2 Scouts H2, H3, I2, I3, H4
Scout 3 Scouts F2, E2, E3, E4, D5

Scout 1: G1 -> Neufchatel *Letting the Camerians know that the Alkaline is coming as allies*
Alkaline + Scouts 2/1: G1 -> G5
Water_Bear

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Miranda noticed a column of units enter Camerian battlespace from the north as Alkimia's Thinkamancer sent her a short message - "APOL FOR BARB INCUR STOP ALK REINF (75 ROY ALK) INBOUND TO G5 STOP GOOD LUCK".

She promptly relayed a Thinkagram to Chief Warlord Joan in Bailey, telling her to expect the incoming forces. "Chief, the Federation of Alkimia sends their deepest apologies for allowing such a large barbarian force to slip past their defenses. They have also sent the 75th Royal Alkaline to aid us in the fight. The Alkaline should be passing through Bailey shortly."

Soon enough, Crawford, an Alkimian scout, entered the capital and greeted Miranda.

Reinforcements enter the battlespace!!! They enter at G1 and halt at Neufchatel. Their scouts find nothing out of the ordinary.

The 75th Royal Alkaline:
"Covering All Bases"
Commanded by Commander Ziegfield Tiller (lvl 3), of the Royal Alkimian Infantry
-14x Dance-Fighting Pikers
-1x Dance-Fighting Knight Ziegfeld Tiller (3)
-1x Dance-Fighting Horse
-3x Scouts
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:41 am

*snicker* Tu-tunic. *heh*
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Stryke » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:20 pm

E8 combat resolution
Ok the combat in E8 goes as follows

Ex's stack engages Charles the red, he has archer so deals damage first
I cant get the spread sheet to work for some reason but it comes out as 10 Damage*Random number done to Ex's stack
Ex's stack then curb stomps hims

Ex's restacks with Deus's archer stack and they attack Bobby the red
Bobby is also curb stomped
Combat ends, no further hostile units are present in the hex, also will the two other stacks be aware of this attack?

Deus turned to his newly leveled comrade "That went well, and you leveled, awsome.". Deus smiled enthusiastically at her superior still high on the battle rush "organise the men and double check the hex is empty, double time". His men were conditioned enough to take the additional marching and Ex needed to burn off that high from her first victory and get her head back on straight.
Turning to survey that battle feild he focused his mind, Miranda...
"Yes Deus".
"Inform the cheif that the barbarian main camp has been neutralised and the new warlod Ex has leveled. Additionally thank Warlord PWND for the battle plan and give Jenkins the go order so i can lock down the hex and return my units to Newcastle"
"Joan is currently dealing with the Archon, i shall inform her of your victory at her soonest conveniance and i shall communicate with PWND and Jenkins. After we are finished" , that last part was prompted by a feeling of worry from Deus's end
"..."
"Was there something else Deus"
"Just... keep an eye on that Archon, Charlie always has strings attaching somewhere"
"I will be vigilant as always"
"Thank you, break".
Deus stood for a moment, then turned and brought his fingers to his lips and let out a peircing whistle."STACK UP AND FORM A MARCHING COLUMN"

ooc
I know the thread is ment to represent Mirandas workings but if we're gonna RP try to be a bit more specific on how each character is communicating.
Also am i missing something here coz horse have cargo(5) and Knights have hits 6 yet i have seen two instances of Warlords riding horses. I thought only Knights could be Warlords?
Also[2] i'm planning to put some more rules ideas in the original thread so look out for those
Stryke

Postby HerbieRai » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Jenkins and pikers move to E8. Archers from Capitol move to E8 (using free move on first road hex). Total forces moved are 8 pikers, 6 archers and Jenkins
Jenkins lowered his head. Maybe next turn he would see glory. At least he wouldn't be going on a suicide missionCongratulations on the Battle Ex. We need to figure out stacking for the next turn. I'd suggest one of us stack with the archers and the other 2 with the pikers. If they attack the archers can do most of the damage and the pikers will finish them off. Not an excellent idea, but better than nothing. Any better Ideas?

All forces have moved out of the Capitol to support men in the field. We need reinforcements at the capitol.

ooc
All commanders communicate through thinkamancy thanks to the thinkamancer. As for what they actually say, I agree
Horses magically have 6 cargo for the price of 5. Stated http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2156&start=40 near the bottom
HerbieRai

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Formal numbers for Ex's attacks:

Battle is joined in hex: E8
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 5749

Defender:
Total Attack Value: 10
Average Unit level: 3.000
Average Defense: 3.000
Number of Units: 1.0
Dancefight? (1: yes, 0:no) 0.0
Stacking Bonus: 1.0
Highest Commander level: 3
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 0.0
Fatigue factor: 1.0
Ambush Bonus: 1.0
Random Percentage: 75%
Total Damage (before defense): 11.700

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 7

1 Piker cwoaked, 1 left with 3 Hits.

Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 42.000
Average Unit level 1.000
Average Defense 3.143
Number of Units: 7
Dancefight? (1: yes, 0:no) 0
Stacking Bonus: 1.6
Highest Commander level: 1
Fatigue factor: 1.0
Hit and Run? (1: yes, 0: no) 0.0
Random Percentage: 80%
Total Damage (before defense): 59.136

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 36

Charles the Red returns to the dust from whence he came.

===========================================

Battle is joined in hex: E8
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 3400

Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 30.000
Average Unit level 1.375
Average Defense 2.500
Number of Units: 8
Dancefight? (1: yes, 0:no) 0
Stacking Bonus: 1.7
Highest Commander level: 4
Fatigue factor: .75
Hit and Run? (1: yes, 0: no) 0.0
Random Percentage: 90%
Total Damage (before defense): 50.002

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 31

Bobby the Red joins his brethren, blown away in the wind.

Ex levels up (to 2)!
The 5 archers level up (to 2)!

Updated Unit Listing:
Castlenau (K8)
2 x Piker, Lord Yenniw Hoop (1)

H7:
6 x Archer (2M), Scout (3M), Sir Tigger the Spring (4) (0M)
6 x Archer (2M), Scout (3M), Lady Rookang (2) (0M)

Outpost (B11)
7 x Archer, Cdr. Betia (4)
1 x Scout, Horse

Bailey (G2)
6 x Scout, 3 x Archer, Joan of Arc (6)

Neufchatel (G6)
Cmdr. Pwnd (5)
4 x Scout
The 75th Royal Alkaline (14 x Dance-Fighting Piker, 1 x Dance-Fighting Horse, Cmdr. Ziegfeld Tiller (3), 3 x Scout)

E8:
5 Archers (L2), , Ex (L2), Deus (4**)
6 Pikers
8 x Piker (2M), Cmdr. Leroy Jenkins (0M) (1)
6 x Archer (from Capitol, 2M)

Newcastle (C7)
2 Scouts
WaterMonkey314

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 pm

As you guys finalize your stacking in preparation for ending turn, please be aware of the city zones and specify where your troops are deployed.

Also, I neglected to mention that your towers do have stored air defenses - their stats are given below. In the absence of a caster (so every city but Neufchatel), they will fire indiscriminately at the first attackers to enter Airspace. For purposes of battle, they should be considered a hitless unit of level 1, with a ranged attack value of their AA stat. If directed by a caster, they receive the caster's level as a Leadership bonus. (In short, tower AA acts more like an attack than a Dirtamancy trap).

Defending against AA is the same as defending against any attack.

Once fired, tower AA is depleted and cannot be used again. If there is overkill (more hits inflicted than hits in the stack), the excess defenses remain.

(I'll try and update TAW Supp 1 with the AA rules)

Edit - AA stats for each city:
Neufchatel - 60
Castlenau - 45
Newcastle - 25
Bailey - 8
Outpost - 8
Last edited by WaterMonkey314 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Nihila » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 pm

"Chief, unless we wish to take precautions against a sneak attack from the Alkminians, the Archon, or unseen foes, I suggest we end turn now."

And to himself, Betia murmured.

"Turned to dust... what is the meaning of this? Have the Titans forsaken our foes so they leave no corpses?"
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm

I believe the 5 archers and 6 piker stacks in E8 moved back to NewCastle
HerbieRai

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Lord Hoop looked nervously over the ramparts. The bulk of castlenau's forces were now in the field, and if the reports were any indication, not participating in the battle. This left the castle very vulnerable, and Sir Tigger's poor defensive scouting meant that there was no telling what was further than one hex away from the city.

"Oh Bother. I sure hope that we get more units popped next turn."
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 am

We should be able to restack offturn as we please anyway, I guess, but of course each Commander is free to stack units as they choose. Bailey will have all archers and Joan on the outer walls, while Scouts are separately stacked in the courtyard.

So guys, do we hire the Archon? If so, then my guess is to have the Archon act as a caster for Sir Tigger's castle's AA defenses.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, F9 Barbarians are still alive, correct?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games